36 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lunabluofannapolis.com/
- Phone: 4102679950x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm Saturday & Sunday 12-5 (May-Oct); Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer our full menu for on and off site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the restaurant for private events. We do a lot of rehearsal dinners, office or holiday parties, and baby showers or christenings.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Dryden 4102679950x
A word from Luna Blu
Enjoy innovative Italian fare prepared with a personal touch and the freshest local ingredients. Try our four-course dinner special; choice of any appetizer, house salad, any entree and homemade dessert for only $35. We also have 1/2 price bottles of wine every Monday and Wednesday night. (excluding Super Tuscans)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Luna Blu - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Luna Blu reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (29)romantic (24)great for lunch (19)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (13)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (8)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Sorry we didn't find Luna Blu sooner. Your Living Social coupon drew us to your restaurant and the quality of your food & wine will keep us coming back. Thank your wait staff and congratulations to you for maintaining a quality establishment on all fronts. We WILL be back! Thank you. 2old2cookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent mealdtizzleDined on 8/23/2014Food was ok, the pasta was overcooked. The desserts were really good though.
- Always a winnerMDFoodiesVIPDined on 8/21/2014We stopped in for a late supper after Art Walk. It was a perfect, quiet spot for a glass of wine and yummy pasta. I had my usual, the seafood fra diavolo on spinach and my husband had wonderful ravioli with mushrooms. This is a go-to place, especially on a weeknight. It never lets us down.Special Features:
- Great food and servicePattiVIPDined on 8/11/2014The food was very tasty and the service was great. Had window seat and was nice looking out over small town main street. Fried green tomatoes were very good and the veal over asparagus was excellent. Decor was very nice, is a touch of Italy.Special Features:
- Another fabulous dinner and eveningIcemanVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food and service never fail to please and exceed expectations.Special Features:
- Always a pleasant eveningmarieVIPDined on 8/1/2014We were lucky to have John has our server and he was attentive and responsive. Our meals consisted of the $35 special where they practically bring the entire restaurant to you. I had fried green tomatoes that were crispy with a great sauce. A Greek salad and the Seafood Fra Diavola which is always terrific. Consists of a spicy marinara with loads of seafood. The desert was Zabaglione that is always wonderful here. A great price for a wonderful meal and evening this is always the case when I go to Luna Blue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!PLSWDined on 8/1/2014John did a wonderful job and was very attentive. The good was outstanding from the starters to the dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not nearly as good as last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014Before this visit, we were very impressed with the food. This time, we wondered if the chef had changed. The risoto was far inferior to the risoto we had the last time. Other dishes were equally not up to snuff.
- Great Friday night dinner!LonghornDined on 7/25/2014On the spur of the moment, we decided to go into Annapolis. We made our reservation and when we arrived, they welcomed us. My husband had the four course (he LOVED the tortellini soup as well as the rest of his meal) and I had one of the specials. We split a great bottle of wine and had a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected cool find.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014we looked at so many restaurants and decided from reviews that we would try Luna Blu. So glad we did, it was wonderful in every way.If in Annapolis don't miss it. Say Hi to Erin..Special Features:
- DebMDined on 7/23/2014Wonderful dining experience, as always. Great food and service, with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot before a Ram's Head ShowShorebirdsDined on 7/19/2014A small restaurant with great Italian food. The location is right across the street from Ram's Head, so it is a nice place to have a leisurely dinner before the show. The service was a little slow, but we were not in a rush and enjoyed being able to take our time with our meal. The Penne dish with crab, shrimp and creamy tomato sauce was wonderful!! They also offered a very nice Price Fix menu which included choice of appetizer, salad, choice of entree and dessert for $35...great deal! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Very Enjoyableboomer49VIPDined on 7/19/2014Food and service were very good - only complaint was the parking - Restaurant needs to update their web site as they no longer validate parking at the garage.
- Excellent valueRob87Dined on 7/18/2014We've heard good things about Luna Blu and they're tru (spelling intentional)! We had the 4-course dinner for $35, which was simply more than we could eat. Nice location with a couple of outside tables (we chose to eat indoors since it was our anniversary dinner). The atmosphere would support anything from a quick dinner in shorts and flip-flops to a romantic interlude. We'll be back!Special Features:
- A nice findJdsmmsVIPDined on 7/13/2014A small venue in Annapolis definitely worth a visit. Very nice selection of dishes and wines. They have a 4 course meal that includes choices from their apps, entrees and desserts. The only course for which you don't have a choice is the salad. Definitely a nice option. Service was great. Will return when we're in the area.
- Always goodJohn86Dined on 7/13/2014We love this place. We dine at Luna Blu prior to a performance at Rams Head. Met friends this time, they loved it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/10/2014seating was quick and easy even though we were late for our reservation. server (only one working that evening) was incredibly pleasant and helpful (above and beyond the current norm) food was yummy (especially the house made rolls!), food was prepared/served incredibly fast and piping hot. definitely a great experience. absolute only thing that i would have changed is that i was very chilly in the dining area- bring a sweaterSpecial Features:
- Best dining experience in AnnapolisIcemanVIPDined on 7/6/2014Food, service, and atmosphere all perfect !! My favorite Annapolis restaurant. Besides the great menu offerings, always enticing and different specials.Special Features:
- Great FindsoccerfanDined on 7/3/2014Enjoyed this restaurant. I had the four course meal and it was great. Would highly recommend this restaurant and will come again when in Annopolis.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/30/2014The food is very good, the staff friendly and the location is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Main Street ItaliannicknamefieldDined on 6/10/2014Our experience at Luna Blu was mixed. We ordered the bruchetta appetizer that was excellent - very flavorful. I ordered the fettuccine with vegetables and added sweet sausage: the proportion of noodles to veggies was a little too high. also, the "creamy wine sauce" was very thin and had little flavor. My spouse ordered the chicken scallopini: the marinara sauce had an excellent flavor, though she had requested the other sauce. the chicken itself was rather bland, so the sauce was essential. Although we dined somewhat early (5:45pm) we found the limited outdoor seating space clashing with the sidewalk traffic - unfortunate.Special Features:
- CindyDined on 6/8/2014Dinner was excellent as always....the desserts are homemade and outstanding. My guests thought the Tiramisu was the best they had ever tasted. We went for a family birthday celebration. Perfect intimate atmosphere for such an event.Special Features:
- Bland foodLove2eatDined on 6/6/2014This was our second time eating at the restaurant. The first time was much better. The service was great and the wine was fantastic, but the food was very bland. I ordered the same dish and this time it had no flavor. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Always a hit!FrankDined on 6/4/2014My girlfriend and I have been to Luna Blu a few times now and have never been let down. The food is excellent, the location is great, and the atmosphere is perfect. Each time we've dined, we would arrive a little early and our table was ready...only once have we not gotten the window seat. The restaurant has a small, intimate feel to it...great for a date night. This is definitely a favorite of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT Waitress!!!easternshore2Dined on 6/1/2014We ate at one of the two outside tables on a busy Sunday night. Fun to watch the pedestrian traffic! Varied menu with lots of choices! Didn't have their 4 course $35 special, but surely appears to be a bargain! Food was delicious, and very reasonable. Our waitress, Bernadette, was energetic, helpful, and on target! We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More breadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Although I understand why they would give us only one piece of bread per diner, they should at least put the bread in a smaller sized basket. We were wondering if there was bread in the basket at all when the waitress brought the basket to our table. After searching, we finally found the 2 lonely pieces all swaddled in a napkin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Weekend DinnermaphooverDined on 5/30/2014The food was excellent! Quick service and friendly waitstaff. Great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliablejt123VIPDined on 5/28/2014Went for lunch, had a nice vodka sauce with pasta. Prompt serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, service, and viewdiningdivaDined on 5/24/2014Annapolis has very few good restaurants and it is even harder to find them in the central business district. We walked in the door and they had our table waiting with menus......right in the window....best table in the restaurant. The food at Luna Blu had a nice flavor and was proportionate... so after bread, salad, dinner, and a dessert we were full but not uncomfortable. The prices were expected for an Italian restaurant in downtown Annapolis. The martinis are good, but strong---one will do you. Our server was great and polite. The only negative I have was that our dinner took a little long to come out, but it was Saturday night with a full restaurant and I was half way through my martini and did not care.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great TineGlutenfree5VIPDined on 5/24/2014Luna Blu was a great find for two people with a gluten allergy. While they only have one gluten free pasta, you can have pretty much anything with either asparagus or spinach as the base with the meats, chicken and seafood. Everything is made fresh to order. Yum Yum YumSpecial Features:
- Great food but even better stafflolaDined on 5/11/2014We ate at Luna Blu for Mother's Day. We had a nice time and while this was not necessarily a kid friendly restaurant, our boys were well- cared for. We all enjoyed our food which was excellent. Nice relaxing time was had by all. Would definitely come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect experienceIcemanVIPDined on 5/11/2014The food and service in this restaurant is outstanding. A repeat customer, keep coming back, no other place around measures up. Always new and interesting specials to try that will be memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 347 reviews are from the Luna Blu reviews archive.
- ExcellentTopNotchDined on 5/2/2014Dined here for my birthday. My daughter and I chose their 4-course meal for $35. Tremendous value with no restrictions on your choice of appetizer, entree or dessert. House salad was the only thing that you could not change. Portions were generous, food was outstanding. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- DisappointingAldenteDined on 4/28/2014Was there with 11 other people on Christmas Eve & half of us were disappointed. It's hard on a holiday so decided to give it another try. My meal was extremely bland. The pasta was over cooked & very soupy. I paid to have dinner "over asparagus" all I got were a few pieces of chopped up asparagus. I can prepare a tastier meal at home. Very pleasant & attentive server.
- Enjoyable evening!foodiesupremeDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I decided at the last minute to dine here before a concert in town. This restaurant is small but quaint. They offer several specials each day, as well as a four course special daily ($35) which includes your choice of any appetizer or soup, house salad, choice of entree AND dessert. The waitress was very accommodating and attentive. The food was outstanding and plentiful. We will definitely choose this place again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in AnnapolisIcemanVIPDined on 4/25/2014Excellent food, service and ambiance. We are repeat customers and every visit has been excellent.Special Features:
- mehsomeguyDined on 4/25/2014Food was mediocre at best. Menu is not particularly interesting, pasta was overcooked, the tomatoes in the caprese appetizer were not ripe, and the pasta sauces were poorly seasoned and watery. Server was not familiar with any of their wines.
- Good but over chargedcraftyleslieDined on 4/24/2014We had a nice dinner here before a show at Rams Head across the street. A group of 4 ladies we had seen on their website that appetizers were 1/2 price the night we went. So we chose to order 7 appetizers for dinner and share them. It was a great idea and the food was very nice. But we were in a hurry to get to the show and didn't check the bill well. We were charged full price for the appetizers instead of 1/2 price. We are currently trying to get a refund from the restaurant. We even asked the waiter and he confirmed that they were 1/2 price that night. We'll wait and see how the management handles this issue before deciding if we will return in the future.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedlocalyokelDined on 4/23/2014This is our favorite spot for higher-quality Italian fare in the Annapolis area. Wonderful and varied selections including a changing mix of specials and an extensive wine list means there's something for everyone. Located in a very active evening hot spot zone close to the colonial downtown can't be beat....and isn't!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite in Annapolis!MDFoodiesVIPDined on 4/21/2014We love Luna Blu; it has become our go to place. It's always consistently good. We all had seafood on this night and it was all delicious. I enjoyed my favorite, seafood fra diavolo over spinach! Yum. My husband tried the scampi over linguini and loved it. Our friend from out of town ordered the special, swordfish over risotto. He almost licked his plate! We enjoyed a gorgeous Brunello with our dinners. It all made for a wonderful Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.