36 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lunabluofannapolis.com/
- Phone: (410) 267-9950
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm Saturday & Sunday 12-5 (May-Oct); Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer our full menu for on and off site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the restaurant for private events. We do a lot of rehearsal dinners, office or holiday parties, and baby showers or christenings.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Dryden 4102679950x
A word from Luna Blu
Enjoy innovative Italian fare prepared with a personal touch and the freshest local ingredients. Try our four-course dinner special; choice of any appetizer, house salad, any entree and homemade dessert for only $35. We also have 1/2 price bottles of wine every Monday and Wednesday night. (excluding Super Tuscans)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Luna Blu - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Luna Blu reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (31)notable wine list (23)romantic (22)good for groups (18)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Outstanding food, ambiance, and service.PF1036Dined on 11/15/2014This place is an Annapolis gem. We are foodies originally from the Philly area and familiar with excellent Italian cuisine and this was as good as any we have experienced. My entree -- lobster stuffed ravioli with a wonderful creamy blush marinara sauce infused with crab and peas -- was one of the best I have ever had. Service was very knowledgeable, friendly, and fast and we dinned on a busy Saturday Navy game day evening. Wine list was small but excellent with great Italian wines. We will definitely be back every time we are in Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food at reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014There was nobody elsle in the restaurant with our early reservation. The food was very good and the prices reasonable. The food didn't come out too fast, so you could enjoy each course before the next. No complaints, great service and will do it again-Special Features:
- delivered on a moving targetDaryljrVIPDined on 11/9/2014The restaurant did a wonderful job of accomidating us and on this night, that was no small accomplishment. Food was well presented, tasty, diverse and delivered in a very timely fashion. Service was attentive without being intrusive. I would recommend and I would return.Special Features:
- Delicious and niceatsrnDined on 11/7/2014The food was very good. Not the absolute best or most authentic Italian food I have had (I have high standards), but it was very good. The service was also very good. Our waiter was polite and attentive. The other server was quite loud when talking to her tables which took away from the ambiance a little. I wished there was a little music playing and that the lighting was a little softer. All around a good find.
- Annapolis restaurant with charmAnnapishomeDined on 11/6/2014Small restaurant with a cozy feel and good food. The spaghetti was quite good but the crab and bread appetizer fell short, unappetizing. We went with a livingsocial coupon so it was a bargain. It's located right in the hum of things in Annapolis and great for couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the 1st timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/5/2014Loved Luna my first time but didn't find the food quite as amazing this time. Barramundi tasted fishy and bland. It was 1/2 price wine night so we ordered a nice bottle at $45 but it tasted sour to me and then we found out that we couldn't use our Living Social coupon in addition to getting wine half price solo....full price sour wine. A little disappointing but I would possibly try it again. Perhaps just an off night?
- Small place,consistently good foodnovarnDined on 11/4/2014Make a reservation as this place is small. The food is consistently good and the staff is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!thethumbDined on 11/2/2014Food was EXCELLENT! Background music not so much! Service was very good!Special Features:
- Skip the fettucine scampieileen29Dined on 11/1/2014Hard to locate the lobster in the fettucine. Garlic wine sauce tasted like pasta water.
- Italian treatAirbaronDined on 10/31/2014Luna Blu Is an excellent restaurant with great service. Boasting around 14 tables this local gem serves up Italian classics. We were given warm Ciabatta bread when we sat down, freshly baked. We sopped it with table olive oil. Only regular pepper at the table though instead of ground. We split the classic Bruchetta, also ciabatta, which was done well. I had the Vittelo all' Annapolis entree, which was fantastic and my wife had the Fettichinni Scampi, which was also great. We had a bottle of the Italio Cescon with dinner a favorite we had had in Italy. We didn't have the desert that night but can recommend the Tiramisu. Really nice evening. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Luna Blu - one of the bestNapTownCoupleDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I have always found Luna Blu to be an excellent dining experience. Wonderful dishes freshly prepared and served by friendly, attentive wait staff. It is one of Annapolis's best restaurants and its prices are quite reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceYummmmmmDined on 10/27/2014Our experience at Luna was excellent. Our server Brian was personable, attentive and very efficient. Our food was excellent, came out hot and felt like it was prepared specifically for us. The taste was excellent. My husband had veal and I had the special risotto of the day, both were excellent, two very different dishes. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Nice eveningRobOVIPDined on 10/24/2014Luna Blu is a great way to start a romantic evening. Great food, excellent service.Special Features:
- Quaint Close Quarters-Memorableklo2014Dined on 10/18/2014The dining room is very small but quaint. When you are 6' tall with long legs you have to make concessions from time to time. This time it was well worth sitting "side saddle" as I ate a magnificent meal. I commend this restaurant for somehow presenting a memorable meal for such a frugal price. The four course deal for $35 can't be beat anywhere that I have been in this area. The pan-seared Scallops served over delicious polenta, with red pepper puree, AMAZING! Then the Greek salad is everything a Greek salad should be, AMAZING! The entree was the Seafood Fra Diavola, one of the best Italian dishes I have ever eaten, AMAZING! The dessert, Strudel de Mele, words can't express. Therefore, AMAZING! I will be going back to Luna Blu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.JanahDined on 10/18/2014Went for my birthday celebration with friends. Had reservations for 5pm, was a little worried when we got there and the place was empty... then found out they had just opened for dinner. As the night went it got full and people were actually waiting inline for a table. Food was great as well as their drinks... chocolate martini was awesome, you get a lot of food for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, poor foodeyeglassladyDined on 10/17/2014This small restaurant is not near the waterfront and since we were in a boat we had to take a taxi from the pier. The waitress was lovely and very attentive. However, the food was mediocre at best. The shrimp neapolitana appetizer was almost inedible; the sauce was filled with huge capers and olives and was wayyyy too salty. The portions were large and the selection plentiful.Special Features:
- Great for date night!DatenightDined on 10/16/2014When making my reservation on Open Table, I requested that we have very nice seating....to my delight the folks welcomed us by name as soon as we walked in and then took us to the best seat in the house....we felt like VIP! Luna Blu offers appetizers half off every Thursday....some members of our party made their meal from ordering several appetizers and the waitstaff was so good with that choice. Service and food was excellent...we love going there as it is small with a quiet atmosphere and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annapolis FavoritecaptainmikeDined on 10/12/2014If we lived in Annapolis we would make Luna Blu our regular dining spot! Excellent Italian food, good wine, charming atmosphere..Luna Blu never disappoints!Special Features:
- So so food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Had a late reservation - a number of larger groups had come in that night most before us. An earlier group had not cleared out as expected - and so our table was not ready - that's ok and not the fault of the establishment but even after they had gone it took another 15 - 20 minutes to get us seated. And really only after I had to ask again. Food wasn't that good for what seemed like a summer at the beach type experience. They chose I think because they knew the service was lousy to add a tip to the check without telling us until they delivered the bill. Nothing special about the food. They got one of our orders wrong and had an overall Italian quality not quite as good as Carrabas - enough said.
- EdieDined on 10/4/2014Service was nice. Food quality was somewhat uneven. Risotto special was quite good, as were fried green tomatoes and escargot. Chicken with marinara was dry (overcooked) and lacked flavor. Desserts were fabulous!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014This isn't a very big restaurant and it has a tall ceiling so you could hear most people's conversations. The blue all over the walls and ceilings was too much and made the room feel cold. The food was good but not great. Service was very good. We went on a Friday night and it wasn't very busy.
- Great foodjackDined on 10/2/2014It was our first time to this nice, small restaurant. The food and wine were excellent. It is now in our list of places to visit regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahdiningdivaDined on 9/30/2014My parents and friends were in town and thought we would take them here since we had such agreat experience last spring. The waitress was bossy (referred to everything as her own [e.g. all my seafood is fresh, I just put that on the menu, etc.]) & stern, the place was freezing, and the food was bland. One of the people in our party mentioned Olive Garden as superior....embarrassing. Very amazed at the differences in our experience. There are a million Italian restaurants to choose from and we won't be back.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Very average. Nothing is awful about it, but nothing is great.
- Stylish Italian RestaurantNaptown9erDined on 9/27/2014Luna Blu is a stylish take on Fine Italian cuisine. I had the seafood scampi and it was great. The flavors were superb and the ambiance was great for meeting friends. I had my teenage kids with me and they both loved the food as well. The restaurant had a decent selection of wines, beers were limited to Italian beers and a token bud light. Vibrant scene. Lots of people around since it's close to many west street bars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PureFoodieDined on 9/27/2014The food was good, and service attentive and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening dinnerdoylewDined on 9/23/2014Food was excellent...service was very good. Enjoyable dininSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PegkPegkDined on 9/20/2014Outstanding food and service. Everyone raved about their entree. We were visitors from New Jersey and we're not sure where to eat. Read the reviews which were right on the money about the food - great. Would go again.Special Features:
- BobHDined on 9/20/2014Great food, large portions. Unique and tasty cocktails. Apple strudel desert perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such and Amazing GemMelamoniqueDined on 9/16/2014This was my 2nd time at Luna Blu. It is an amazing place. By far the best restaurant in the area. I did the 4 course $35 dinner, a great deal! You pick any App. get the house salad. Any Entree and any dessert. Sounds kinda iffy right? Well its not. Our server who I believe is also the owner Erin was very nice and such a charm. I highly recommend the Fried green tomatoes, Crab Bruschetta, The salmon with the crab, cream sauce, spinach, and Scallops. For dessert the Tiramissu was divine along with the apple pastry and egg custard w/ strawberries. The last time I had the chocolate mousse and it was absolutely amazing! I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to enjoy some good food and great drinks. Also the best Amaretto Sour ever!Special Features:
- Delicious Dinner with FamilySatisfiedCustomerDined on 9/13/2014What a wonderful time we had at Luna Blu last weekend. Delicious food, great service and a 4 course dinner special that is hard to beat at 4 courses for $35. Loved their drink specials also. A good time was had by all in our partySpecial Features:
- Delicous meal at a great pricebuttercup078Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I went to Luna Blu for his birthday dinner celebration. Our waitress was great and very attentive. The food was borught out in a decent amount of timw, and everything was delicious! We ordered their special which is a four course meal from their entire menu for $35. We ordered the scallops with polenta, which had a beautiful sear and caramelization on them, the antipasta platter, arugula salad, watermelon salad(their special for the evening which was amazing), Sea bass that had marinated tomatoes and bufala mozzerella, and salmon with alfredo, crab, and scallops over spinach(amazing). For dessert we got the apple strudel, and house specialty zabaglione. Strudel was buttery and flaky, and the custard was light and favorful.Special Features:
- a great birthday mealHappyMadreDined on 9/12/2014We had a great time celebrating our daughters birthday. Italian is her favorite and the restaurant did not disappoint. They had decorated the table especially for her and made sure she had a special dessert to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The D Team was in Kitchen!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014Went to Luna Blu for a second time since our first was such a wonderful visit and wished we never took the ride. The night we went in was not crowded, in fact we were the only people in the restaurant for a while. Though the service was INCREDIBLE (Brian was one of the best servers I have ever had) the food was inedible. My dish was so spicy that I could not even stomach it and I LOVE spicy food. I think that we had the D Team in the kitchen though, everything we ordered was terrible. Not going to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Sorry we didn't find Luna Blu sooner. Your Living Social coupon drew us to your restaurant and the quality of your food & wine will keep us coming back. Thank your wait staff and congratulations to you for maintaining a quality establishment on all fronts. We WILL be back! Thank you. 2old2cookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent mealdtizzleDined on 8/23/2014Food was ok, the pasta was overcooked. The desserts were really good though.
- Always a winnerMDFoodiesVIPDined on 8/21/2014We stopped in for a late supper after Art Walk. It was a perfect, quiet spot for a glass of wine and yummy pasta. I had my usual, the seafood fra diavolo on spinach and my husband had wonderful ravioli with mushrooms. This is a go-to place, especially on a weeknight. It never lets us down.Special Features:
- Great food and servicePattiVIPDined on 8/11/2014The food was very tasty and the service was great. Had window seat and was nice looking out over small town main street. Fried green tomatoes were very good and the veal over asparagus was excellent. Decor was very nice, is a touch of Italy.Special Features:
- Another fabulous dinner and eveningIcemanVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food and service never fail to please and exceed expectations.Special Features:
- Always a pleasant eveningmarieVIPDined on 8/1/2014We were lucky to have John has our server and he was attentive and responsive. Our meals consisted of the $35 special where they practically bring the entire restaurant to you. I had fried green tomatoes that were crispy with a great sauce. A Greek salad and the Seafood Fra Diavola which is always terrific. Consists of a spicy marinara with loads of seafood. The desert was Zabaglione that is always wonderful here. A great price for a wonderful meal and evening this is always the case when I go to Luna Blue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.