36 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lunabluofannapolis.com/
- Phone: 4102679950x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm Saturday & Sunday 12-5 (May-Oct); Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer our full menu for on and off site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the restaurant for private events. We do a lot of rehearsal dinners, office or holiday parties, and baby showers or christenings.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Dryden 4102679950x
A word from Luna Blu
Enjoy innovative Italian fare prepared with a personal touch and the freshest local ingredients. Try our four-course dinner special; choice of any appetizer, house salad, any entree and homemade dessert for only $35. We also have 1/2 price bottles of wine every Monday and Wednesday night. (excluding Super Tuscans)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Luna Blu - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Luna Blu reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (30)romantic (24)notable wine list (17)good for groups (17)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (10)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Very average. Nothing is awful about it, but nothing is great.
- Stylish Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Luna Blu is a stylish take on Fine Italian cuisine. I had the seafood scampi and it was great. The flavors were superb and the ambiance was great for meeting friends. I had my teenage kids with me and they both loved the food as well. The restaurant had a decent selection of wines, beers were limited to Italian beers and a token bud light. Vibrant scene. Lots of people around since it's close to many west street bars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PureFoodieDined on 9/27/2014The food was good, and service attentive and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening dinnerdoylewDined on 9/23/2014Food was excellent...service was very good. Enjoyable dininSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PegkPegkDined on 9/20/2014Outstanding food and service. Everyone raved about their entree. We were visitors from New Jersey and we're not sure where to eat. Read the reviews which were right on the money about the food - great. Would go again.Special Features:
- BobHDined on 9/20/2014Great food, large portions. Unique and tasty cocktails. Apple strudel desert perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such and Amazing GemMelamoniqueDined on 9/16/2014This was my 2nd time at Luna Blu. It is an amazing place. By far the best restaurant in the area. I did the 4 course $35 dinner, a great deal! You pick any App. get the house salad. Any Entree and any dessert. Sounds kinda iffy right? Well its not. Our server who I believe is also the owner Erin was very nice and such a charm. I highly recommend the Fried green tomatoes, Crab Bruschetta, The salmon with the crab, cream sauce, spinach, and Scallops. For dessert the Tiramissu was divine along with the apple pastry and egg custard w/ strawberries. The last time I had the chocolate mousse and it was absolutely amazing! I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to enjoy some good food and great drinks. Also the best Amaretto Sour ever!Special Features:
- Delicious Dinner with FamilySatisfiedCustomerDined on 9/13/2014What a wonderful time we had at Luna Blu last weekend. Delicious food, great service and a 4 course dinner special that is hard to beat at 4 courses for $35. Loved their drink specials also. A good time was had by all in our partySpecial Features:
- Delicous meal at a great pricebuttercup078Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I went to Luna Blu for his birthday dinner celebration. Our waitress was great and very attentive. The food was borught out in a decent amount of timw, and everything was delicious! We ordered their special which is a four course meal from their entire menu for $35. We ordered the scallops with polenta, which had a beautiful sear and caramelization on them, the antipasta platter, arugula salad, watermelon salad(their special for the evening which was amazing), Sea bass that had marinated tomatoes and bufala mozzerella, and salmon with alfredo, crab, and scallops over spinach(amazing). For dessert we got the apple strudel, and house specialty zabaglione. Strudel was buttery and flaky, and the custard was light and favorful.Special Features:
- a great birthday mealHappyMadreDined on 9/12/2014We had a great time celebrating our daughters birthday. Italian is her favorite and the restaurant did not disappoint. They had decorated the table especially for her and made sure she had a special dessert to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The D Team was in Kitchen!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014Went to Luna Blu for a second time since our first was such a wonderful visit and wished we never took the ride. The night we went in was not crowded, in fact we were the only people in the restaurant for a while. Though the service was INCREDIBLE (Brian was one of the best servers I have ever had) the food was inedible. My dish was so spicy that I could not even stomach it and I LOVE spicy food. I think that we had the D Team in the kitchen though, everything we ordered was terrible. Not going to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Sorry we didn't find Luna Blu sooner. Your Living Social coupon drew us to your restaurant and the quality of your food & wine will keep us coming back. Thank your wait staff and congratulations to you for maintaining a quality establishment on all fronts. We WILL be back! Thank you. 2old2cookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent mealdtizzleDined on 8/23/2014Food was ok, the pasta was overcooked. The desserts were really good though.
- Always a winnerMDFoodiesVIPDined on 8/21/2014We stopped in for a late supper after Art Walk. It was a perfect, quiet spot for a glass of wine and yummy pasta. I had my usual, the seafood fra diavolo on spinach and my husband had wonderful ravioli with mushrooms. This is a go-to place, especially on a weeknight. It never lets us down.Special Features:
- Great food and servicePattiVIPDined on 8/11/2014The food was very tasty and the service was great. Had window seat and was nice looking out over small town main street. Fried green tomatoes were very good and the veal over asparagus was excellent. Decor was very nice, is a touch of Italy.Special Features:
- Another fabulous dinner and eveningIcemanVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food and service never fail to please and exceed expectations.Special Features:
- Always a pleasant eveningmarieVIPDined on 8/1/2014We were lucky to have John has our server and he was attentive and responsive. Our meals consisted of the $35 special where they practically bring the entire restaurant to you. I had fried green tomatoes that were crispy with a great sauce. A Greek salad and the Seafood Fra Diavola which is always terrific. Consists of a spicy marinara with loads of seafood. The desert was Zabaglione that is always wonderful here. A great price for a wonderful meal and evening this is always the case when I go to Luna Blue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!PLSWDined on 8/1/2014John did a wonderful job and was very attentive. The good was outstanding from the starters to the dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not nearly as good as last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014Before this visit, we were very impressed with the food. This time, we wondered if the chef had changed. The risoto was far inferior to the risoto we had the last time. Other dishes were equally not up to snuff.
- Great Friday night dinner!LonghornDined on 7/25/2014On the spur of the moment, we decided to go into Annapolis. We made our reservation and when we arrived, they welcomed us. My husband had the four course (he LOVED the tortellini soup as well as the rest of his meal) and I had one of the specials. We split a great bottle of wine and had a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected cool find.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014we looked at so many restaurants and decided from reviews that we would try Luna Blu. So glad we did, it was wonderful in every way.If in Annapolis don't miss it. Say Hi to Erin..Special Features:
- DebMDined on 7/23/2014Wonderful dining experience, as always. Great food and service, with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot before a Ram's Head ShowShorebirdsDined on 7/19/2014A small restaurant with great Italian food. The location is right across the street from Ram's Head, so it is a nice place to have a leisurely dinner before the show. The service was a little slow, but we were not in a rush and enjoyed being able to take our time with our meal. The Penne dish with crab, shrimp and creamy tomato sauce was wonderful!! They also offered a very nice Price Fix menu which included choice of appetizer, salad, choice of entree and dessert for $35...great deal! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Very Enjoyableboomer49VIPDined on 7/19/2014Food and service were very good - only complaint was the parking - Restaurant needs to update their web site as they no longer validate parking at the garage.
- Excellent valueRob87Dined on 7/18/2014We've heard good things about Luna Blu and they're tru (spelling intentional)! We had the 4-course dinner for $35, which was simply more than we could eat. Nice location with a couple of outside tables (we chose to eat indoors since it was our anniversary dinner). The atmosphere would support anything from a quick dinner in shorts and flip-flops to a romantic interlude. We'll be back!Special Features:
- A nice findJdsmmsVIPDined on 7/13/2014A small venue in Annapolis definitely worth a visit. Very nice selection of dishes and wines. They have a 4 course meal that includes choices from their apps, entrees and desserts. The only course for which you don't have a choice is the salad. Definitely a nice option. Service was great. Will return when we're in the area.
- Always goodJohn86Dined on 7/13/2014We love this place. We dine at Luna Blu prior to a performance at Rams Head. Met friends this time, they loved it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/10/2014seating was quick and easy even though we were late for our reservation. server (only one working that evening) was incredibly pleasant and helpful (above and beyond the current norm) food was yummy (especially the house made rolls!), food was prepared/served incredibly fast and piping hot. definitely a great experience. absolute only thing that i would have changed is that i was very chilly in the dining area- bring a sweaterSpecial Features:
- Best dining experience in AnnapolisIcemanVIPDined on 7/6/2014Food, service, and atmosphere all perfect !! My favorite Annapolis restaurant. Besides the great menu offerings, always enticing and different specials.Special Features:
- Great FindsoccerfanDined on 7/3/2014Enjoyed this restaurant. I had the four course meal and it was great. Would highly recommend this restaurant and will come again when in Annopolis.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/30/2014The food is very good, the staff friendly and the location is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Main Street ItaliannicknamefieldDined on 6/10/2014Our experience at Luna Blu was mixed. We ordered the bruchetta appetizer that was excellent - very flavorful. I ordered the fettuccine with vegetables and added sweet sausage: the proportion of noodles to veggies was a little too high. also, the "creamy wine sauce" was very thin and had little flavor. My spouse ordered the chicken scallopini: the marinara sauce had an excellent flavor, though she had requested the other sauce. the chicken itself was rather bland, so the sauce was essential. Although we dined somewhat early (5:45pm) we found the limited outdoor seating space clashing with the sidewalk traffic - unfortunate.Special Features:
- CindyDined on 6/8/2014Dinner was excellent as always....the desserts are homemade and outstanding. My guests thought the Tiramisu was the best they had ever tasted. We went for a family birthday celebration. Perfect intimate atmosphere for such an event.Special Features:
- Bland foodLove2eatDined on 6/6/2014This was our second time eating at the restaurant. The first time was much better. The service was great and the wine was fantastic, but the food was very bland. I ordered the same dish and this time it had no flavor. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Always a hit!FrankDined on 6/4/2014My girlfriend and I have been to Luna Blu a few times now and have never been let down. The food is excellent, the location is great, and the atmosphere is perfect. Each time we've dined, we would arrive a little early and our table was ready...only once have we not gotten the window seat. The restaurant has a small, intimate feel to it...great for a date night. This is definitely a favorite of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 355 reviews are from the Luna Blu reviews archive.
- EXCELLENT Waitress!!!easternshore2Dined on 6/1/2014We ate at one of the two outside tables on a busy Sunday night. Fun to watch the pedestrian traffic! Varied menu with lots of choices! Didn't have their 4 course $35 special, but surely appears to be a bargain! Food was delicious, and very reasonable. Our waitress, Bernadette, was energetic, helpful, and on target! We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More breadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Although I understand why they would give us only one piece of bread per diner, they should at least put the bread in a smaller sized basket. We were wondering if there was bread in the basket at all when the waitress brought the basket to our table. After searching, we finally found the 2 lonely pieces all swaddled in a napkin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Weekend DinnermaphooverDined on 5/30/2014The food was excellent! Quick service and friendly waitstaff. Great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliablejt123VIPDined on 5/28/2014Went for lunch, had a nice vodka sauce with pasta. Prompt serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, service, and viewdiningdivaDined on 5/24/2014Annapolis has very few good restaurants and it is even harder to find them in the central business district. We walked in the door and they had our table waiting with menus......right in the window....best table in the restaurant. The food at Luna Blu had a nice flavor and was proportionate... so after bread, salad, dinner, and a dessert we were full but not uncomfortable. The prices were expected for an Italian restaurant in downtown Annapolis. The martinis are good, but strong---one will do you. Our server was great and polite. The only negative I have was that our dinner took a little long to come out, but it was Saturday night with a full restaurant and I was half way through my martini and did not care.Special Features: