3500 Ramona Blvd
Monterey Park, CA 91754Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.luminariasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3232684177x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Weekend Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday: 9:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Armando Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We feature elegant banquet and meeting facilities that can accommodate from 25 to 700 guests. Our Professional Catering Staff will be happy to assist you with all your event planning needs. Our menus and packages have been carefully chosen to offer you the widest selection and have been competitively priced for ultimate flexibility in event planning.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Dominguez 3232684177x
- Entertainment: We offer Live Entertainment and Dancing on Thursday, Friday and Saturday Nights playing the best of Cumbia, Salsa, Merengue and more.
Thursdays, dance away with Grupo Ornelas from 7pm to 12am and admission is $5.00.
Friday and Saturday nights enjoy the beats of Gitano from 9pm to 1:30am. Cover fee is $10.00 or $5.00 with an entrée purchase.
A word from Luminarias
Luminarias Restaurant is a Beautiful Landmark located in the San Gabriel Valley where the 10 and 710 freeways meet and has been a family tradition since 1971. You will appreciate the view, ambiance and delectable cuisine but most especially the caring service that you will receive by our staff.Continued
Please contact the restaurant for reservations over 20 guests. We will do our best to accommodate your reservation
Please contact the restaurant for reservations over 20 guests. We will do our best to accommodate your reservation
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Luminarias reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014it was a long time since I've been to this restaurant but it was nice! a bit to loud. the food was good and service was good too. I would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loyalty club reward pointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014I ASKED THE WAITER OR WAITRESS FOR THE SRC REWARD POINT TO BE PUT ON MY LOYALTY CARD. HOWEVER, LATER I DID NOT FIND THE LOYALTY CLUB REWARD POINT PUT ON MY CARD TWICE, EVEN THOUGH THE WAITER OR WAITRESS SAID THEY PUT THE POINT ON MY CARD AT THE TIME OF OUR DINING. (THEY LIED ABOUT IT EVERY TIME I VISITED THE RESTAURANT.) IT WAS RIDICULOUS AND OUTRAGEOUS TO TELL A LIE TO THE LOYAL CUSTOMER. ON JULY 06, 2014 ( SUNDAY), I SPENT $100.00 FOR THE FOOD AND BEVERAGES SERVED BY THE WAITER, BUT THE LOYALTY CLUB REWARD POINT WAS NOT PUT ON MY CARD (ONE POINT FOR ONE DOLLAR SPENT). - THE WAITER SAID HE PUT THE REWARD POINT ON MY CARD AT THE TIME I VISITED THE RESTAURANT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very unprofessional. ServiceGoodeats1Dined on 5/13/2012Very unprofessional. Service was terrible. Overbooked. Too many people. Food was not worth the price we paid. Not recommended for special occasions like Mother's Day.Special Features:
- This is a beautiful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012This is a beautiful place and very enjoyable for small groups. For some reason the service there cant handle anything over 5ppl. I think it is very unproffessional for a luxury restaurant to have their guests serving their own refills while our waiter sits there in a booth in the back of the restaurant most of the night and still slaps on a 18% gratuity on our bill. When it came to cutting the cake the server also charged $1.25 per slice. Another thing, eventhough u are already dinning there you,have to pay the cover charge ($10) in order to be able to join their live entertainment & dancing, which guests i think should have access included with their visit. Food was delicious but i will never host my birthday dinner there againSpecial Features:
- Two Thumbs Up and a Snap!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/14/2012This is the second year in a row that I celebrated my birthday at Luminarias (since it's recommendation to me on last year). I celebrated 2012 with a different set of Girlfriends, who by the way, are requesting that we return there SOON! I love Luminarias and will be returning there in the very near future (April 2012), when my BFF comes to town from Northern California.Special Features:
- I chose Luminarias for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011I chose Luminarias for our job's Christmas Lunch and it was great!Special Features:
- Great experience... Our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011Great experience... Our waiter was Oliver Davilla, he was very attentive and his service was great... I would recommend Luminarias to all my friends/relatives...Special Features:
- NEIGHBORHOOD GEMOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/19/2011Was there on fater's day, had THE BEST AND LARGEST buffet, stroking musicians, varied menu, huge bar, have been goin there over 25 years! Great outdoor dining area would recommend for evening dinner, or late nite drink.Special Features:
- I had to try this place thatFunNightDined on 5/7/2011I had to try this place that my mother used to rave about when she came here all the time back in the late 1970s. This place has been around for years. It was my first time and although it was very accomodating for large groups, the food was only so so. They had very many options but I have been to better buffets. I guess the old adage is true - you get what you pay for. The one notable experience was the mariachis who came around the table to sing (for a tip of course). Otherwise, the taco stations was nominally impressive but if you like run of the mill Mexican food then I can see how you'd love it. Overall, it was a great place to spend time with friends/family for a special occasion but I wouldn't make it a regular hangout.Special Features:
- Not So Good This TimeWickedwitch2Dined on 9/19/2010Last dinner visit was a disappointment. Waiter didn't understand the words "pepper grinder" or that I wanted ground pepper on my salad. He actually had problems with English, and I speak quite clearly. Service was slow, even though the restaurant was not busy. The lunch buffet still pleases me, and most dinner items are better than average (especially for a chain restaurant), but this particular visit didn't measure up to past ones.Special Features:
- Went for mother's day brunch,Mad715Dined on 5/9/2010Went for mother's day brunch, the reservation area and process was disorganized. Their buffet had little to no food at the time that we were seated. Overall it was not a satisfying experience.
- I found the food & the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2010I found the food & the restaurant to be great. I went with a group of my friends to celebrate a birthday. We loved the food & we had a great view. I felt that a little more attention to the birthday girl would have been nice. I had to remind our waiter & asked if anything could be done. But, overall, I enjoyed my meal & would return again with my husband. Two additional concerns. Our server, not the waiter, was too friendly with his proximity to my chest area as he refilled my water & served my food. When my plate was served, I moved as far away as possible to avoid any "accidental" brushing to my chest area.Despite the fact that I moved away, the server placed my plate over the edge of the side of the table. To ensure that the plate didSpecial Features:
- Had Mother's day brunch. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2010Had Mother's day brunch. Food is okay but the place was packSpecial Features:
- Was there for Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2010Was there for Easter Brunch with friends. Had a lot of different variety of food. Just make sure you make reservations before coming. Since I did, the wait was not bad at all considering it being a busy day. I always love going to Brunch at this restaurant!Special Features:
- We went here for Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2009We went here for Mother's Day so it was noisy and crowded, otherwise the restaurant has a beautiful view and great selection for brunchSpecial Features:
- Great Selection! Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2008Great Selection! Great Service! We walked in and were seated immediately. The waiter walked up immediately and offered us first timers a tour. Take him up on the offer the food is located in different areas of the restaurant but it offered us the opportunity to check out other parts of the brightly decorated restaurant. It was a champagne brunch and they were generous with the refills. We were meeting our son's fiance for the first time and I could tell she was impressed and had a good time.Special Features:
- I had been to Luminarias beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2008I had been to Luminarias before and enjoyed celebrating birthdays. When I made the reservation on OpenTable.com, I wrote that it was my mom's 82 birthday. A day before going, a gentleman called to confirm and mentioned the birthday. So, I thought a small treat would be brought to the table without my having to step away and ask that it be done, as I have done in the past. Yup, you guessed it. No mention, nothing. The gentleman who called should have told me when he confirmed the reservation that I would STILL have to remind someone. Brunch is a very busy time, and the waiter staff could use more manpower, so just deliver a cake slice with a candle and be done with it. Why ask, confirm, then do nothing? Left hand meet right hand!
- It would be great if outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2008It would be great if outside tables were bigger. Overall I had a great time and the food was great.Special Features:
- I have visited LuminiariasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2008I have visited Luminiarias on several occasions. My first experience was for my birthday and I really enjoyed it, the food was plentyful with a wide variety of cuisines. On my second visit, I recommended it for another special occasion and this was a very pleasurable experience again. Now another special occasion was for my daughter's 31st birthday, I was very excited to come back to Luminarias to celebrate. This time the food choice was very slim to none, no omelet bar, no potatoes, no sushi bar, no pasta bar, no salsa and guacamole. The price was $17.95 per person for a selection of maybe 15 items and desert. Very Very disappointing.
- Great selection of food withOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2008Great selection of food with pasta & omelette stations.Special Features:
- The Seafood Paella was a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2008The Seafood Paella was a bit disappointing; The rice lacked seasoning and the fish was a bit dry. On the other hand, the Shrimp was nicely marinated with garlic, butter and wine.Special Features:
- My reservations were for 2pm.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2008My reservations were for 2pm. They started putting the buffett away at 2:30.....no mention of this when I confirmed my reservations....Special Features: