963 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lumirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2125702335
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pino Luongo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We will provide catered food for your events.
- Private Party Facilities: Lumi's charming townhouse ambiance reveals itself through an upstairs that evokes romance and a sophisticated, chic downstairs. Its two fireplaces, outdoor cafe and modest prices offer a fantastic dining experience for all to enjoy.
- Private Party Contact: Lumi Hadri 8888525104
A word from Lumi
Opened in April 1995, Lumi features renowned Executive Chef Pino Luongo's Tuscan cuisine served in a charming townhouse setting on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. Acclaimed Executive Chef Pino Luongo's expertly crafted menu offers dishes based on his culinary genius coupled with his passion for the finest food of Tuscany. Original European and American paintings from the 19th and early 20th centuries, banquettes, and sleek sconces on taupe walls in the main dining room create a chic, sophisticated yet warm atmosphere. The elegant upstairs dining room is a gem of old New York: its high ceilings, antique chandeliers, fireplace with a striking mantle piece, bay windows and silk taffeta curtains, evoke romance. Framed by wrap-around windows, the dining room adjacent to the bar provides additional seating at banquettes surrounding a marble fireplace. Lunch and dinner are also served at the full-service bar. April - November, guests can enjoy meals at Lumi’s lovely outdoor cafeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lumi reviews from OpenTable diners
- I had forgotten how wonderfulkbnyVIPDined on 3/21/2013I had forgotten how wonderful Lumi is. The food is fantastic - the sliced baby artichoke/arugula salad with lemon vinaigrette sounds so simple but is so delicious. Loved the grilled salmon with lentils as well. Our waitperson was also great. Attentive but not overbearing, didn't miss a beat. I will be back soon!Special Features:
- Always dependably good.Hate2cookVIPDined on 3/14/2013Always dependably good. Lovely service, very good food and especially love the ambience upstairs. Best bet if you want to have conversation. . Best neighborhood restaurant in my opinion.Special Features:
- Pleasant neighborhood Italian,KEENJVIPDined on 3/8/2013Pleasant neighborhood Italian, on the corner, in an old townhouse. Has two levels with a winding staircase. Food is good, though not outstanding. Good for a reliable meal.Special Features:
- The restaurant was lovelyjmo1Dined on 2/21/2013The restaurant was lovely - my friend and I got a table right by the fireplace. Very cozy and nice on a February night. The food was good, and they had a gluten-free menu that my friend was excited about, but the meal was a little overpriced for what we got.Special Features:
- Meal was a big let-down.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/17/2013Meal was a big let-down. Have been here before and enjoyed it. This time, everything seemed bland and uninspiring. The salmon tartar appetizer was woefully lacking salt and citrus. The duck breast was cooked to my liking but had an accompanying sauce that was too syrupy and heavy. The best dish was the veal ravioli, and even that was just okay--nothing to write home about. For the prices, I expect something better. Don't think I'll be returning to Lumi anytime soon.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/16/2013Wonderful neighborhood place great for a date. My girlfriend who has to eat gluten-free said her gluten-free pasta dish was the best she has ever had by far. Service was very professional and the prices very reasonable.Special Features:
- When you are eating at LumiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013When you are eating at Lumi (the upstairs part at least), you almost feel like you are eating in your exquisite dining room in your own apartment. The only difference is that you're surrounded by strangers. The fireplace upstairs really sets the mood for a romantic night. The food was amazing and the service was good.Special Features:
- nice ambience. service aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013nice ambience. service a bit slow and not very attentive. food good. gluten free pasta was good not great. waiter never offered bread and it was hard to get cheese and spoon for pasta. would return however....
- start me of olives and you're #1SamiDined on 2/12/2013all things were good about this cute restaurant. couldn't find a flaw really If you give me olives and breadsticks with my coctail at the bar, it's only uphill freom here!!!!!Special Features:
- Lunch only reviewDirmaDined on 1/31/2013Enjoyed lunch here. Food was good although we ate a simple lunch so I think I would like to return for dinner to really give a proper review. We were one of just a few tables and I had the feeling that our waiter was new on the job as I was surprised at his in attentiveness to the timing of our order, and follow up. I will return to try dinner as I think it has a good chef and good food.Special Features:
- The food was a bit bland andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/26/2013The food was a bit bland and the veal was overdone. The staff was very good and very attentive. When the rest is full it is quite noisy and some people don't know how to moderate their voices and then everyone is trying to speak loudly.Special Features:
- Great choice for a late lunchDieOperKochtNYCVIPDined on 1/18/2013Great choice for a late lunch after the crowd leavesSpecial Features:
- Wanted a quiet place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2013Wanted a quiet place for lunch to talk business, and Lumi was perfect for the occasion.Special Features:
- sorry,but has nothing to doOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012sorry,but has nothing to do from the presentention,on the internet...and everything looks so old!!all the pictures from the internet are great...but,that's all..Special Features:
- Best fries ever but our steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/31/2012Best fries ever but our steaks were way too tough for filet.
- We had our Christmas dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012We had our Christmas dinner here and it was fab! Very cosy ambience and a great place.Special Features:
- Amazing food. Best RissotoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2012Amazing food. Best Rissoto I've ever eaten. The Bolognese ragu had a hint of nutmeg that put the taste over the top.The staff was delightful and made for a Merry Christmas.Special Features:
- Great for the holidays!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/25/2012Since many restaurants were closed on the holiday, Lumi was especially crowded. We still received attentive, gracious service and our meals were divine.Special Features:
- Appreciated very much thatABLJVIPDined on 12/14/2012Appreciated very much that they had a special "gluten free" menu to include wonderful pasta dishes made with rice pasta. Thoughtful and delicious!Special Features:
- While the effort of the staffOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/13/2012While the effort of the staff was commendable, our waiter forgot two of our orders, poorly handled the table service (by constantly reaching across my face and almost elbowing me in the eye), and could not handle basic requests to change certain dishes (dressing on the side etc.) To be fair, they knew they were making mistakes and offered a glass of wine on the house when they did perform these errors. Still, at NYC prices, the basics should be perfect by now and wait staff should know enough about the menu to make changes.
- Lumi is my favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/13/2012Lumi is my favorite restaurant for a lively lunch with friends. We always ask for - and always get - a cheerful table under the windows. The food is delicious and the service prompt and courteous. I'll go back time and again.Special Features:
- perfectoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/5/2012Pricey but delicious. My chicken parmesan was to die for as well as, my husband's veal. So glad I fell in love with sex in the city and went in with my gut instinct to try this place out on our visit to new York city.Special Features:
- Came in for a late Lunch,TomYDined on 12/5/2012Came in for a late Lunch, and our Hostess tried to sit us at a table where the sun was beaming in the window. The place was fairly empty and don't know how she could think this would be a good table selection. When we found a table, we all happened by chance to order the same - Fetucinni Bolognese. We're not foodies but it's not a priority to assess Fetucinni Bolognese. The reaction of our table of four was unanimous. This was the worst meal in recent dining experience.
- Passion of food & wineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012I had Thanksgiving dinner at 8.00 pm. First waitress didn't tell about menu too much and they rush quite much bringing a food to the table. Overall food was good, but restaurant mager was quite rude, he just drop a check to our table even we wanted to order coffee. Then we asked why such a rush?! He said oh we are closing at 10.00 pm as it's Thanksgiving. OK we would be ok if they could mentioned that for beginning.Special Features:
- Great Thanksgiving MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012We went to Lumi for Thanksgiving and were very happy with the food and the service. My daughter is a vegetarian and they had both a traditional dinner at fixed price or you could order off the menu. Worked great for us. We'll be back next time in New YorkSpecial Features:
- 100% LumiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012As a visitor to NYC I could not have been happier with our dinner at Lumi. It was our first dinner of a 5 day trip and we debating going back before leaving. The food was fantastic as was the service and atmosphere. If you're looking for a lengthly menu, go somewhere else. Lumi provides a beautifully detailed menu of specialties sure to excite any palette. My next visit to NYC, I will surely be reserving an evening at Lumi!Special Features:
- A Caesar salad was fresh butSamkVIPDined on 11/14/2012A Caesar salad was fresh but drowning in dressing and too much pepper. A special appetizer, smoked salmon, tasted like it had come from a grocery store vacuum package. A chicken dish likewise was drowned in sauce. Service was very friendly and courteous.
- Bad attitude all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/27/2012We were a party of 3. Our friend83 hrs old, got there first she was Asked To Wait At The Bar! Until she asked to sitvatva table. Re food: $16 for TABLESIDE Caesar salad. They came and placed three plates of romaine in front of us and told us there was "no room" to prepare table side. At $16 each, we insisted. Grudgingly they did. Besides seating us at a table near a constantly open door and a lukewarm greeting, as well as the above complaints, never! Our 83 year old friend said they had a bad attitude 15 years ago. They still do!
- Great service!I had many requestsjc45Dined on 10/21/2012Great service!I had many requests to our server during lunch, and every request was met with kindness. The food was amazing. I ordered the special risotto of the day, and it was probably the best risotto I had had in a long time. I'm definitely going back there for their pasta dishes....Special Features:
- A lovely restaurant: greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2012A lovely restaurant: great service, food, and ambiance—and such a pleasure to find a gluten-free menu almost as extensive as its regular one.Special Features:
- Had always wanted to eat here,MEMcVIPDined on 10/13/2012Had always wanted to eat here, given its lovely and inviting ambiance. However, seems the place has had its day. Had dinner here on a Saturday evening with a group of 4. None of us were overwhelmed by anything we ate--two of the pastas arrived steaming hot as if microwaved--and service was no better than perfunctory, bored, and actually misinformed on a question about desserts. Convenient to the neighborhood but likely better choices elsewhere.
- Loved Lumi! The pumpkin tortellinikbnyVIPDined on 10/5/2012Loved Lumi! The pumpkin tortellini with cinnamon sauce was wonderful, as were the arugola & parmesan salads. Dinners were very good too, only blemish on otherwise notable meal was one of diners getting the chicken breast with mashed pot a& brussel sprouts when had ordered the baby whole chicken (hence only 3 stars for service). I was surprised since our server did repeat each diners order & had them right table side. Guess that happens sometimes when waitstaff don't write down order. The chicken breast was very good & since diner did not care for brussel sprouts they subbed in the spinach.Special Features:
- Scallops were overdone- whichAngelaDined on 10/2/2012Scallops were overdone- which is hard to do -unless reheated or put in a humidor Not much fish in the fish dish Maybe not have been lucky with our selections that night
- Just okay...btravis311VIPDined on 9/30/2012Overall just an okay experience. The meal was expensive and the service, while attentive was strained. We had some difficulty understanding the wait staff. I do appreciate the gluten free menu options (the primary reason we selected to dine here) and the Hazelnut gelato was amazing. And our biggest complaint: they didn't even give us credit for our OpenTable reservation!!! With all of the amazing restaurants in NYC, we won't be back.
- Enjoyed a wonderful late lunchlondonmanVIPDined on 9/15/2012Enjoyed a wonderful late lunch on a Saturday. Their lunch opening hours end at 4 PM. Dinner begins serving at 4 PM. I had the osso bucco which I thoroughly enjoyed. The bufala mozzarella was very tasty, but what a small portion for the price! I would recommend the restaurant management to issue new menus. The ones my party was given was very tattered.Special Features:
- It was a very warm evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/1/2012It was a very warm evening. There was one small air conditioner in the back of the restaurant....a rotating fan in the front. Unacceptable for a rather pricy restaurant. The food was only okay. Nothing to write home about.
- Special place for specialjolongDined on 8/18/2012Special place for special evening -- This was my second visit. We picked it for a very special occasion and they delivered everything we had hoped for. We will surely return.Special Features:
- Never disappointsHate2cookVIPDined on 7/25/2012Always outstanding. Especially like sitting upstairs, where it is somewhat quieter. The food is consistently great, and the ambience of the restaurant feels like you are dining in your own home. Very cozy and welcoming. Its a great favorite of mine.Special Features:
- Baby friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2012We had a baby with us and they seated us at a corner tablge with a sofawhere our baby was sitting comfortably.Special Features:
- As always a warm welcome,MorkVIPDined on 7/18/2012As always a warm welcome, attentive service and outstanding food. That's why I keep going backSpecial Features: