350 King St. West, 2nd Floor, TIFF Bell Lightbox
Toronto, ON M5V 3X2Neighborhood:
Downtown / Entertainment District
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lumarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6472884715x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Michael Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Luma and Oliver & Bonacini Events offers full off-site catering opportunities throughout the entire TIFF Bell Lightbox facility including the sixth floor event space and outdoor amphitheatre, with seating capacity for 150, reception capacity for 250. For details, contact Oliver & Bonacini Events.
- Private Party Facilities: Luma offers an intimate 12-seat private room for exclusive dining, as well as opportunity to cater to some exclusive private areas within the TIFF Bell Lightbox facility. Luma is also available for full buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Oliver & Bonacini Events 4163641211x
- Cross Street: King and John Streets
- Public Transit: By subway, exit at St. Andrew station on the Yonge-University Spadina line, north east corner. Travel two blocks west on King Street. By streetcar, access the King Street line to John Street.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Paid parking is available underneath the TIFF Bell Lightbox and there are plenty of private lots within a short walking distance. Street parking can also be found nearby.
A word from Luma
Luma takes movie nights to a whole new level at TIFF Bell Lightbox. Located at the corner of King and John Streets, the TIFF Bell Lightbox is home to the Toronto International Film Festival, and houses five theatres, three exhibition galleries and a dramatic sixth floor event space. Paying homage to Toronto’s rich, cultural landscape, Luma’s menu showcases global and Canadian artisanal cuisine featuring the finest local and regional ingredients. Chef Michael Wilson's original, imaginative cooking is the perfect complement to Luma’s warm, inviting dining room, designed with rich woods, leather and stone and outstanding floor to ceiling views of King Street West. Luma is open for lunch Monday through Friday and dinner Monday through Saturday, and drinks and light dining in the spacious bar lounge. Enjoy innovative cocktails and a rich, diverse wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Luma reviews from OpenTable diners
290 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (169)special occasion (154)good for groups (118)great for lunch (101)hot spot (88)romantic (83)scenic view (69)great for outdoor dining (53)notable wine list (49)neighborhood gem (45)great for brunch (38)vibrant bar scene (31)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Great Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014We started off our date night at Luma. It was our fourth or fifth time there and it never disappoints! The service was outstanding and the food was to die for. The Piglet was by far the best piece of pork that I've ever had!Special Features:
- ddisgruntlecatVIPDined on 10/24/2014We were very disappointed with the service we received. Everything took too long including taking our order, clearing the table and bringing our food. The food was good but the service greatly detracted from the meal.
- Great serviceJAWilson1Dined on 10/24/2014Steven was a great server! In all honestly the food wasn't the best we have had at this price point, however, the service was great. Steven, our server, was awesome and we would recommend the resturant for him alone. We are a younger couple, but often enjoy eating at nicer resturants,so we appreciate that Steven treated us like any other couple out for a nice dinner. Overall we had a great experience and look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and well executedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014We started with the lobster salad (sweet lobster chunks, roasted corn, avocado) and the Humboldt squid (not-a-second-too-long-cooked squid strips), which were both excellent. The rabbit cavatelli featured deliciously braised meat and had a nice combination of flavours with kale pesto, peas, and asparagus. The roasted St. Canut piglet could have been slow-cooked longer so that the skin was crisper, but the meat was luscious and the accompanying apples, leeks, and Kozlik's mustard spaetzle were wonderful. The lemon tart was the best of the desserts (we tried them all), tart and light with pistachio and sour cream ice cream. The Luma chocolate bar had some nice accompaniments (particularly the candied peanuts) but was too sweet.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We enjoyed our Friday night dinner very much. A nice walk from the Royal York. The staff was very accommodating as we were early. Food was outstanding and the atmosphere relaxed. We would come back and recommend also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFoodieDined on 10/24/2014We stumbled into ZUMA because the other restaurants in the area were completed booked and we were able to secure a reservation there. Really great experience overall, they not only had an amazing selecting of wine, amazing service, the food was probably amongst the best I've had in the last little while. It's not elaborate, but very well-seasoned, simple flavors. Their homemade ice-cream and sorbet was fabulous (just wish the 3 scoops would be larger).Special Features:
- Go Canada!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2014Hi, We just came back from 4 days in Charleston, SC which was supposed to have amazing cuisine. While the food was good there it could not hold a candle to the meal we had at Luma. Service was excellent and the food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great roomImissbarootesDined on 10/23/2014Food was good though what arrived was not what was described on the menu! Had to wait 15 mins for a bottle of wine to arrive then had to ask for our glasses to be refilled. Otherwise service was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemShayDined on 10/23/2014Great food, atmosphere and service. If your going to a show the location is perfect. For downtown the prices are average for a nice resturant. Look to spend approx. $150 with apps, entree and drinks. We were very happy with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy! WE ARE GOING BACK!radhaDined on 10/18/2014It was amazing. The main course recommendations the server made were outstanding.Special Features:
- Left me in a TIFF!LeftMeInATIFFDined on 10/16/2014We had a reservation and our table wasn't ready, and later we had to ask 3 different servers for our bill before they finally brought it to us. It was not very busy... And we wanted to make our show on time. Something we brought up with the server twice. We waited longer for the bill then we did for the food. Our food was presented as high end, but the flavor was lacking.Special Features:
- ImpressedHungryGuyDined on 10/16/2014Excellent food, ambiance and service. Waitress was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Fantastic serviceErinDined on 10/16/2014Great pre-theatre spot, it's amazing that they can prepare great food so quickly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotMike01123Dined on 10/16/2014Food was excellent, service was great, prices were reasonable. The place was a little noisy, but overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servie slippagedonniemacDined on 10/15/2014Had to wait over an hour for our dinner, even though they knew we were going to the theatre. Had trouble getting the bill.too. Had to ask to have our water replenished/ (They did ask if my wife wpuld like another gin and tonic.) Have been there numerous times but never had such inattentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Antonia was a Superstar!RdasyDined on 10/14/2014We had a fantastic experience from start to finish, but as many people say... it's the service that makes the experience, not so much the food. Don't get me wrong... the food was great, but Antonia was stellar in making sure we were well looked after. Clearly, she's been trained by the best at Oliver & Bonacini. Would absolutely recommend to friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravellerDined on 10/8/2014Excellent service and food. Pleasant atmosphere. Close to theatres and parking. What more could one want!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!ManjDined on 10/4/2014I visited Luma on a Saturday evening after I proposed to my girlfriend. I had made reservations prior to attending on OpenTable and made a note that this was a special dinner. Upon arrival, the hostess was very kind! She congratulated us and had a special table ready with a view of King St. Throughout the night those working came by to congratulate us. We were given complementary champagne and even given a discount on our bill. Our server (Daniel I believe?) was amazing! He spent time chatting with us, always checked in and recommended things on the menu. Overall, it was a great experience and will definitely be attending again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodMikeandLouDined on 10/4/2014We were expecting the usual theater district/toursty restaurant but this is stand alone quality dining. Food was excellent, priced accordingly, and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Very goodMickeyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Luma is very good, albeit pricy. Food quality is excellent, but be aware that the descriptions shown on the menu are not really representative of the meals. The peach/goat cheese salad appetizer isn't worth having, despite a strong recommendation from our server. On the other hand, the tempura squid was outstanding. The clear winner for the mains was the steak frites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfullovefoodDined on 10/3/2014Great food great service. Always a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- MarcelDined on 10/3/2014We had a great dinner at Luma. Our waiter was very pleasant, professional & enthusiastic & the food was very good. Servcie was prompt & attentive & we were very well looked after & enjoyed our meal & the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTechy291Dined on 9/24/2014An outstanding venue for special occasion dinner. Didn't know food could taste so goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-theatre diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Luma is an excellent spot for a pre-theatre dinner. The staff is very attentive to assure that the diners can leave in time and that the food is to expectations. The food was excellently prepared and presented. My only complain is that the dish was a little light on veggies!Special Features:
- Fabulous experience!KimberlyDined on 9/19/2014Both the food and the service were outstanding! Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappoint...again!TerryDined on 9/14/2014Our waitress was amazing, the food was delicious, fresh and sophisticated. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for CelebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Five couples went to Toronto from Boston to celebrate a friends birthday. Luma was a perfect dining experience for a celebration. The dining room is beautiful, the service was excellent and the food was good, not necessarily memorable but very good. The noise level was very comfortable. We were all able to enjoy conversation during dinner. It was a great choice for our group.Special Features:
- Unhappy with food and service!MissMangiaDined on 9/13/2014In a great area and bldg., decor was awesome, crowd was great. But please be aware that you will be paying a lot of extra money for that, and not for great food. They try to build value with ambience, fru-fruness, and the perception of expensive. My octopus appetizer was overcooked, burnt in some areas. My lamb entree was very bland and tasteless. I make better lamb and I have no culinary expertise. Service started off great- knowledgeable and friendly- really nice guy. Water was filled promptly. However as it got busy, we were left to the side. Dessert, coffee? Had to get up and ask staff at the counter for our bill. Felt really ripped off $130 for 2ppl and left hungry. Food was worth less than half of that. Never going back.
- refreshed menu is much improvedmjwfoodguyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Always good food in the past but a little pedestrian. We had squid, charred octopus and tagliolini. All bursting with flavour. It was a Friday night during TIFF so the place was buzzing. Despite that service was prompt and attentive. Great dinner spot after you see a movie at Bell Lightbox.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Nice room, poor service. Waitress forgets steak knife, forgets to bring us bread until we get our full meal and frankly behaved like she was to important to serve us. I understand corporate restaurants (O&B) have higher prices but with that people expect a tight ship. My GF and I has just come back from NYC last weekend going to Balthazar and Gato... Luma really needs to do better. Its shocking that a place like this is even moderately full on a friday. Food was not bad, Ceasar salad was a Ceasar salad. The "truffle" fries that come with the steak had been sitting for way to long under a hot lamp. Message to management: young people have money and aren't charmed by rude/bad waitstaff and sub par food. Get your act together.Special Features:
- Special Requests cannot be managedloveoffoodDined on 9/11/2014Nice spot if you want to see a play or TIFF movie. The food was good but service was disappointing as was the latte at the end of the evening. It was a special night for us as we wanted to celebrate my daughter's big birthday. They noted this when we were seated but neglected to have the special dessert requested, where they said they would write the surprise note on her plate regardless of what she ordered. Unfortunately, we were seated beside a few rude men who were somewhat encouraged by their wait staff. Overall not the special evening I intended.Special Features:
- Fun and great locationASRQVIPDined on 9/9/2014Perfect for pre or after events in the theater district...service was fun, attentive and very lively......would go back again for sure.Special Features:
- Great time with friendswagleretteDined on 9/9/2014We were a group of five from out of town wanting to soak up some of TIFF. Mission achieved. The food was good, there was an overdone steak but it was replaced and taken off the bill. The service was outstanding. I wouldn't hesitate to return given the chance.Special Features:
- Fantastic mealTIFFdinersDined on 9/8/2014We had a delicious meal at Luma. The wait staff were all very welcoming, and our waiter was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic. On his recommendation two in our party ordered the piglet which was delicious. I had the scallops which were also great. Wine and appetizers were on the pricier side but as you'd expect in a restaurant like this. I'd definitely go again, the main dishes were special.Special Features:
- TIFFMelakaiDined on 9/8/2014We had lovely dinner at Luma. Food was great. They accommodated my gluten intolerance well. I find the atmosphere of this restaurant a little lacking because of the openness, bright lighting, high noise level and closeness of tables. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014It was a great way to finish off our day!! We all enjoyed our food, the ambiance and the conversation. Thanks again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favourites~Abee17Dined on 9/6/2014I had a great time at Luma, the feel of the restaurant is very open, simple, classy and modern! The food selection is broad and everything sounds delicious. I always fall back on the steak frites, because I LOVE their truffle parmesan frites! My steak this time was not the best, but everything makes up for it. I also got a green tea mojito, it was great! We went right before our TIFF movie and our waiter was super at making sure our food came out in a timely matter so we didn't need to worry about being late for our show. Our waiter was the BEST, I'm sad I dont' remember his name because he really should be commended... He was tall, dapper, salt and pepper hair with a fantastic personality and very friendly.Special Features:
- Good effort, but doesn't delivernikitaDined on 9/5/2014Neither the appetizer nor main I ordered would I recommend or order again. Main dishes both arrived lukewarm, even though they were 'rushed' from the kitchen (as we had waited about 60 min for them to arrive). Server offered complimentary drinks while we waited, but it didn't make the food any better. Not an intimate setting, perhaps better for working meals.
- Great pre-TIFF dinner!brandcVIPDined on 9/5/2014Overall, was a great experience dining at Luma. The service was fantastic in spite of being very busy during the Festival. My caesar salad was not the same as last time. I ordered it because I like the original take using escarole as the salad base. This time it appeared to be romaine leaves and when I mentioned it to the waiter, he said it's a mix of escarole and romaine because escarole alone would be too bitter. Also it was a bit overdressed. My husband thought the carrot salad tasted a bit strange but liked the currants. Our mains were both delicious--halibut perfectly cooked and lightly treated, salmon a lovely pink and flavourful. Loved my dessert mini-bites. Cheese portion could have been a bit more generous!Special Features:
- Good ambienceannafromtorontoDined on 9/4/2014Had lunch with a friend. We dined out on the patio and the weather was as lovely as our server. She was absolutely pleasant as well as knowledgable. It a appeared to be busy outside but we didn't feel rushed at all. Would love to come back for dinner another time.Special Features: