350 King St. West, 2nd Floor, TIFF Bell Lightbox
Toronto, ON M5V 3X2Neighborhood:
Downtown / Entertainment District
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lumarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6472884715x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Michael Wilson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Luma and Oliver & Bonacini Events offers full off-site catering opportunities throughout the entire TIFF Bell Lightbox facility including the sixth floor event space and outdoor amphitheatre, with seating capacity for 150, reception capacity for 250. For details, contact Oliver & Bonacini Events.
- Private Party Facilities: Luma offers an intimate 12-seat private room for exclusive dining, as well as opportunity to cater to some exclusive private areas within the TIFF Bell Lightbox facility. Luma is also available for full buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Oliver & Bonacini Events 4163641211x
- Cross Street: King and John Streets
- Public Transit: By subway, exit at St. Andrew station on the Yonge-University Spadina line, north east corner. Travel two blocks west on King Street. By streetcar, access the King Street line to John Street.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Paid parking is available underneath the TIFF Bell Lightbox and there are plenty of private lots within a short walking distance. Street parking can also be found nearby.
A word from Luma
Luma takes movie nights to a whole new level at TIFF Bell Lightbox. Located at the corner of King and John Streets, the TIFF Bell Lightbox is home to the Toronto International Film Festival, and houses five theatres, three exhibition galleries and a dramatic sixth floor event space. Paying homage to Toronto’s rich, cultural landscape, Luma’s menu showcases global and Canadian artisanal cuisine featuring the finest local and regional ingredients. Chef Michael Wilson's original, imaginative cooking is the perfect complement to Luma’s warm, inviting dining room, designed with rich woods, leather and stone and outstanding floor to ceiling views of King Street West. Luma is open for lunch Monday through Friday and dinner Monday through Saturday, and drinks and light dining in the spacious bar lounge. Enjoy innovative cocktails and a rich, diverse wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Luma reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (148)fit for foodies (146)good for groups (111)great for lunch (101)romantic (83)hot spot (65)scenic view (64)great for outdoor dining (55)notable wine list (48)great for brunch (45)neighborhood gem (44)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Brilliant ServicegtmoDined on 8/22/2014Our waitress was absolutely phenomenal and personal. She truly cared about our experience and also took the time to recommend changes to our order (that were delicious). We will definitely be back here again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and ambainceLocalSocializerDined on 8/22/2014The location, ambiance and service are all are all outstanding - I've been here twice now and the service in particular has been excellent both times. Staff are friendly and helpful and pleasant and nice. The food is good too -but it's a bit pricey so this might be more of a 'special occasion' choice than a 'dinner before the movies' locale. I've had the short ribs and steak frites and a lemon curd dessert and all were very good. The standards for consistency seem to be quite high and the kitchen actually remade my chicken rather than sending out something they were not happy with. In fact I only knew because several members of the wait staff apologized for a delay I hadn't really noticed myself. There is also cheap parking close-by.Special Features:
- Luma continues to impressGeorgeDined on 8/20/2014On the slowest afternoon or the busiest evening, consistently strong, friendly service and consistently innovative and delicious dishes. The daily sandwich is a bonafide lunch time hit, and Luma's steak frites rival any French bistro. Wines are tastefully chosen and their price tags tend to be reliable indications of their merit. And the new decadent banana/marshmallow dessert is to kill for.Special Features:
- a comedy of errorsFOODIEDined on 8/19/2014Two of us ordered steak: one rare, the other medium rare. They both came WELL DONE. The staff were extremely apologetic and offered to bring us new steaks, but this would have been awkward because the other 2 at our table had their meals and we didn't want to wait, so we ate the steaks as is. The manager took both steaks off the bill, which was very much appreciated. It was the birthday of one of our party, but the restaurant had no candles (when has that ever happened?), but they did write "happy birthday" in chocolate sauce on the side of her plate, which also was appreciated. Then, to our surprise, the desserts were also taken off the bill. So despite the above mishaps, we enjoyed ourselves because the staff were really nice.
- excellent dinner &excellent serviceaviafDined on 8/18/2014Just recently went to Luma for our anniversary, the host asked us about the special occasion and when our server came she was already congratulating us. The dinner was superb and delicious and the appetizers especially seemed like great value for the prices (they had as much food in an app as other places serve for an entree). The service was great, our server was funny and witty and knew just when to check in or top up our drinks/water. Lastly, when the dessert was brought out, they had written Happy Anniversary in chocolate beside the dessert and onto the plate, it was the perfect touch to tie off the night, especially with such a delicious plate ( the Luma chocolate bar). I will definitely be going there again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Luma is always great! I have never been disappointed. Our server was particularly good on our last visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time in TorontoKWR57VIPDined on 8/14/2014If you can find the place (I walked past the address 4 times before finding them), you will be in for a treat. I was in Toronto on business for a few days and Luma was hands down the best meal I had while in town. The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable. The food was excellent. The wine list was somewhat limited, but my server's recommendations proved to be excellent pairings for my dishes.Special Features:
- Fine dining, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014This was a very lovely evening. From my early arrival, drink at the bar- the bartender chatted with me and made me a few testers he was trying, very sweet. Dinner was excellent, and the service was flawless. It was quiet (Friday night, summer) but the room is pretty and we could see the action on King st. Lovely.Special Features:
- FantasticDeliciousDined on 8/1/2014We were warmly greeted with kind words and a smile. The waiter could not have been nicer. My daughter needed a gluten free option and was impressed with the many wonderful dishes that accommodated her, she had a hard time deciding! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceNataliyaDined on 8/1/2014Went there for lunch with a friend. Sat a a nice table on the patio. The food was spectacular cannot go wrong with anything on that menu. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on the divinekathrynDined on 7/25/2014The patio is an amazing find; with. The view of the CN tower and the King St scene below, the charm of leering down on tourbuses below is such fun. Chef made us a sampler menu which had us moving from one mouth watering gem of a dish to the next. His touch with fish is amazing, the flavours were simple but complex, and the meats were perfectly moist morsels accompanied by gems like watermelon marinated in olive oil, grilled pineapple, and cauliflower with cashews. Desert was a light lemon cake with just the right amount of sweetness to make you forget the tartness of the lemons. Well worth the slightly hefty price we paid due to wine consumption!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014My partner and I had a wonderful time celebrating his birthday at Luma. The servers made it a fantastic experience. Would certainly come back and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice meal.brandcVIPDined on 7/23/2014Excellent and unique take on caesar salad--made with escarole and puffed rice. I had the spiced chicken tostada app as my main which was good but not great--deconstructed, which it does not say on the menu and not really spicy. The rice paper "tostada" was not crunchy but kind of stuck in the teeth. My family enjoyed their meals which included perfectly prepared yellowfin tuna, steak frites, the tuna special and seared scallops. Lemon tart, chocolate bar and cheese plate all delicious and nicely presented. Our server, Meghan, was excellent and made our dining experience fun and relaxed.Special Features:
- Very good food, excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Very good food, excellent service. We will return!
- Great staff!MsMoDined on 7/19/2014The staff were absolutely amazing, and definitely made the expereince that much better. We had a few different people stop by our table to check on our party. Never did we feel like we were overwhelmed but that the staff as a whole worked as a unified team to ensure every patron had an amazing experience. We had the summerlicious menu and the entree and dessert were amazing. The starter wasn't my favourite, but it was a taste preference more than anything.Special Features:
- Very good!KirkVIPDined on 7/18/2014Really nice, innovative dishes (at least for vegetarians). See my google review.Special Features:
- Summerlicious at LUMACCL1208Dined on 7/18/2014It is alright if the summerlicious menu lacking variety, but the a la carte menu does too. That is not a great start. Since the a la carte and summerlicious menu is the same, i went for the summerlicious menu. Food is very mediocre. The beans in the chicken supreme seemed like they were from a can. The chicken is tastless. They didn't even give you one scoop of ice creame for my sundae. They just gave me one bite. I mean even though it is summerlicious, giving me a biteful size of ice cream is not acceptable. It's pretty obvious I won't go there again.Special Features:
- NiceJuniperMeVIPDined on 7/18/2014It was a lovely experience but frankly I had a much better meal outside of summerlicious once. Still a great spot to try especially if you enjoy a busy feel of King St West and or going to see a show :)Special Features:
- The Walmart of RestaurantsRon987Dined on 7/18/2014Reliable food and a service. Never really bad. Never really good. You know what your getting, but nothing is ever outstanding.Special Features:
- successful summerlicious dinnerDowntownDinerDined on 7/17/2014We booked here for a quick bite before a TIFF movie. Often Summerlicious means a second rate menu, but Luma's was delightful. The service was attentive and when we realized we were going to be late for our movie, the hostess boxed up our desserts to go. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wll go againKarenDined on 7/17/2014Nice restaurant, good food and servive. I will go again with my friend.Special Features:
- Yummy as alwaysFoxyDined on 7/17/2014A great spot for lunch, and perfect portions. Never too big or small. Charming servers - ever so attentive and upbeat.Special Features:
- Summerlicious MenuLienLyVIPDined on 7/17/2014This was much better then Biffs, the menu was actually 'summer' ingredients.Special Features:
- Summerlicious Gem!MRodVIPDined on 7/16/2014AMAZING food, service and ambience! Can't say enough. The portions was amazing and for a total price of $20…can't beat it! I definitely want to make lunch at Luma a monthly thing. I told lots of people at work we need to have our christmas lunch there…amazing!! All the staff were super friendly…and my hats off to the chefs! The food was outstanding! I had the cucumber soup, tuna and oat crumble - fabulous! Definitely plan on coming back again and again! I love going to the Canteen and now I can add Luma to that list as well. Fantastic gem in the entertainment district!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2014I have been to Luma many times. This time was a bit disappointing, perhaps because Summerlicious was on and the regular menu was shorter and less interesting. But the food was great as usual and the service impeccable.Special Features:
- Food taste sosoyyyy515Dined on 7/15/2014Came here for lunch because summerlicious. The food really taste just so so, but for the price of $20 for 3 course cannot complain. But honestly if taste like this, I'd rather go out to have a quick meal than to eat here.Special Features:
- FoodmooshkinDined on 7/14/2014I wasn't too impressed about the flavours of the food.Special Features:
- Summerlicious GemfosterlindDined on 7/14/2014The food was great. Service attentive and friendly. Sat on the balcony for lunch and watched the world of downtown Toronto pass by. Very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- RitzDined on 7/14/2014Our team has been doing summerlicious in the past few years and a few of them commented that this was by far, the best summerlicious restaurant we've been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oliver Bonaccini never disappointsSotnosRCDined on 7/13/2014Enjoyed a Summerlicious dinner with family on Sun. July 13 which coincided with the World Cup Finals. We missed out on sitting on the 2nd floor outdoor patio but had an amazing view of the CN Tower and King Street from the Bell Lightbox building. Had a wonderful chilled cucumber soup that was very refreshing and tasty but the show stopper was the braised beef short rib. So tender it was melt in your mouth bliss. I took up the wine recommendation which was an Argentinian Malbec and it was quite lovely together. As a passionate drinker who isn't a fan of Malbecs I was thoroughly pleased. Dessert was a simple chocolate ice cream slice. Not the highlight of the meal but good enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. Thanks O & B!Special Features:
- Summerlicious 2014cherryfoodieDined on 7/13/2014Overall great summerlicious experience! Their octopus and fried chicken were highlights of the meal.Special Features:
- SalsagroupDined on 7/12/2014My friends and I were thoroughly delighted with our Saturday dinner experience at Luma. Every item we ordered on your Summerlicious menu we thought was not only delicious but also creative and innovative and beautifully presented. The ambience was wonderful - large, airy space. well configured with superior. comfortable furniture. Our group was celebrating a birthday, however, throughout the evening, we heard several tables breaking out into that Happy Birthday song - it was a totally fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant empty but rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014I booked LUMA, my friend's favorite, for her birthday dinner. We knew it was summerlicious, so we booked an early reservation at 6pm. We arrived and the restaurant was about 80% empty -- and yet our cocktails, main, wine, dessert were served with such alacrity, immediately one after the other, such that were were given our bill at 6:50pm!!! Hardly a relaxing dinner -- almost stressful in fact.. All in all, what was supposed to be a special evening for a dear friend turned out to be a dud.
- Terrace dining, music too loud!BabsDined on 7/12/2014After a movie, we popped in for a bite and decided to try the outdoor terrace. The music was so loud, it was almost purposeless to have any discussion. Was the music so loud to block out the traffic noise? I had the scallops which were tasty but the heavy kamut carbs actually gave me a stomach ache. My dining partner found the ravioli quite hard and undercooked. But by that point, everyone of us had lost our appetites to the constant pounding of the techno dance music blasting over our heads...
- LOVED ITnaina29Dined on 7/12/2014Went there for Summerlicious 2014. The service was the best. My friend didn't like her entree (she wasn't fond of the raw fish but it was well cooked and tasty) and the waiter asked if she would like to change her entree free of charge. Also, they brought her new food within minutes. I liked my food too and the portion was good. They don't make their portion smaller just because it was for summerlicious. Their customer service is excellent. I would definitely go back if I am in that area. It is a really beautiful restaurant, perfect for special occasions. The restaurant is also good for hosting a large groups as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!CamilaDined on 7/12/2014My partner and I had an amazing time there last weekend. Thank you so much! We will be back pretty soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Summerlicious Find!smilesformilesDined on 7/12/2014Overall a fantastic place! Out of sheer luck I came here for both lunch and dinner for Summerlicious 2014 and loved it both times. The food is always immaculately prepared and they explain all the elements in the dishes. Presentation was gorgeous and both the patio and interior were beautiful. The waiters and waitresses were very accommodating and full of pep, recommending dishes and bringing food out promptly, as well as clearing dishes quickly. Our glasses were never empty and I left with a smile on my face both times! Definitely will be back if I go see a TIFF show or are in the area looking for a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would return over and overMatsic33Dined on 7/11/2014Great job by luma! The staff was great, meal was unbelievable and the scene was very special with the CN tower sitting over our shoulder while we ate. I recommend the pork belly salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious 2014PDarneauDined on 7/11/2014Table for 4 ppl at Luma Friday, July 11th - excellent table along the banquette by the windows, very comfortable and lots of room! Service was excellent and friendly and delivery of food was timely. The quality and taste of our meals were exceptional. Everyone enjoyed thier dining experience here. Patio seating 20 ppl was in high demand and the bar lounge looked very welcoming with leather couches. Great environment all around, located 2nd floor of TIFF building.Special Features:
- Elegant, comfortable, reliableNotyoungnoroldDined on 7/11/2014Love the high quality food, carefully prepared, without pretense. Service is confident and discrete. Even the Summerlicious menu was delicious. I'll be back!Special Features: