Luma on Park
290 S. Park Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Luma on Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lumaonpark.com/
- Phone: (407) 599-4111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner menu available every day at 5:30pm
Lunch: Friday, Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 3pm
Lounge and Bar: Opens at 4pm Monday through Thursday and at 11:30 Friday through Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brandon McGlamery
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Luma’s private dining room, The Cellar, is nestled below a "jewel box" tower, a two-story wine vault that illuminates and stretches both floors of the restaurant and stores nearly 7,000 bottles of wine. The Cellar is a lavish, exclusive room that can seat 48 people and is equipped with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment ideal for major events, from corporate gatherings to wedding receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Theresa Smith 4075994111
- Special Events: Luma's private dining room, The Cellar is located below the main dining room, offering private dining with personal wait staff and tailored menu offering to fit your every need. Guests enter through a private doorway, which leads them through the two story, "jewel box" wine vault. The lavish and ultra-exclusive space seats up to 48 guests and is equipped with state-of-the-art audio visual equipment, and is ideal for your next private event. For more information or to book the Cellar, please contact Theresa Smith at 407 599 4111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Luma on Park
Luma on Park is the ultimate restaurant for fine wine and cuisine enthusiasts who desire either a delicate bite or a multi-course feast in an inviting and alluring atmosphere. A fixture on Winter Park's famed Park Avenue, Luma offers guests unparalleled flavor in engaging surroundings and a featured open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Luma on Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Luma on Park reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (142)special occasion (121)notable wine list (107)hot spot (97)romantic (79)neighborhood gem (78)vibrant bar scene (63)good for groups (61)great for outdoor dining (52)late-night find (21)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (9)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- So SoGrooveDined on 11/20/2014Luma is a very eclectic restaurant and the menu is nice but not spectacular. They had a NY Strip on the menu so I ordered. When it arrived it was a 1/2 inch piece of meat that did not resemble any NY Strip I have ever eaten and it was so tough and stringy it was almost inedible. A NY Strip steak is at least 1-2 inches thick and 5-7 inches in length. Great flavor, good marbling, and does not in any way resemble the steak I was served on Thursday evening.
- Delicious food and wine at Luma on Park.FoodieDined on 11/18/2014We had an excellent evening at Luma. For a Tuesday night, the restaurant was quite busy and there was a great atmosphere. The food was absolutely delicious and our waitress was extremely knowledgeable on the menu and ethos of the restaurant as a whole. I particularly liked the way the kitchen was open and on full view to the restaurant. The wine list was superb, and on the whole it was a fabulously delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FindHistoryhornDined on 11/14/2014Found this gem after doing some online research. There was not a single thing we ordered that wasn't exquisite. We shared the class as well as the steak. Both dishes were cooked to perfection & each dish melded flavors & textures which resulted in a "OMG, you've got to try this." The service was excellent. Attentive, but not intrusive & everything was timed to perfection. I would recommend this place whole-heartedly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just plain awesomewsquaredDined on 11/9/2014Eat here...really delicious food, interesting combinations, and great service. Service: Our server and she was fantastic...knowledgeable, attentive, and paced out our small plates perfectly. The food: Smoked cobia belly with poached egg and lemon...so good! Decadent foi and squash terrine with persimmon and apple marmalades...yay and yay! Grouper churros...wow amazing and so fun!!! Pumpkin Capelletti with oxtail and collards...so so so tasty! Cauliflower and farro risotto with Myer lemon...fantastic texture! Dessert: Banana pot de creme...wow wow and wow!!! Loved this place! Can't wait to eat here again! They even called us the next day to see how we felt about our dining experience...completely impressed! Such a nice touch.Special Features:
- Lived up to expectationsJamalDined on 11/4/2014I had chosen Luma to celebrate my wife's birthdat. It turned out to be a great choice. The food was elegantly presented and tasted great. The chicken and trout dishes were exquisite. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch- Not so muchTravelingfoodieDined on 11/2/2014Been a big Luma fan for years. Was disappointed with our most recent visit for brunch. The tuna app was served on a large slice of pumpernickel bread- tasteless. Not up to Luma standards. Grilled cheese with apple jam- eh., nothing to see here folks. Another guest has the lobster roll and said it was delightful. Service (we ate in the bar area) was passive-aggressive. Again, not up to what we typically get at Luma.Special Features:
- terrific brunch spotRikiteeDined on 11/2/2014ate at a corner table with the sun shining on us on a cool Sunday. Delicious lobster rolls with mimosa for me and rose for my husband. Folks walking by with dogs. Lovely atmosphere, caring service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/1/2014We've been to Luma before and maybe this evening was another off night for us...we're contemplating about coming back.
- A worthy winter park eatery.CRS1VIPDined on 10/31/2014First visit here did not disappoint. After multiple parties recommended this place, my wife and I went and experienced good service, innovative dishes, and comfortable atmosphere. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well thought out American menuMartinDined on 10/27/2014My wife and I live half of the year outside of the USA in countries that have a strong food culture, so we are familiar with fine dining options. Luma holds up well against these standards. Menu choice, presentation, and food quality was very good by our admittedly high standards. Service was reasonably attentive and the general ambiance was good. Restaurant is located in an attractive suburb of Orlando on a trendy street in Winter Park. The entire experience was lovely and we would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luma the BestBurtybDined on 10/26/2014Had many meals here over the past seven years & Luma always delivers The Chefs take such care & pride in their work I have taken many many people there over the years and every one of them has a memorable experience Chefs Brandon, Derek & Brian always go the extra mileSpecial Features:
- Not your common foodTrueGeekDined on 10/25/2014Love this place. From the decor to the service. Wait staff are attentive but not intrusive. Food is fantastic. The chef creates one of a kind gems. I have eaten here twice with my GF and we have only great things to say about the place.Special Features:
- Fantastic mealWorldtraveler2VIPDined on 10/21/2014Luma uses only the freshest ingredients and adjusts their menu daily, and it's reflected in the outstanding food quality. The pork chop was stunning!Special Features:
- Eclectic!PamelaVIPDined on 10/19/2014Second time around at Luma on Park was short of great! Over the summer we had a higher quality meal , however this time it was very busy. The restaurant was accomodating with our table selection and our waiter was attentive. An order that was billed as Octopus in red wine, arrived as small pasta with chopped octopus pieces. The pumpkin ravioli was chewy and the portion was small. The price was high for the quality and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AugieVIPDined on 10/19/2014The hostess recommended the chef's table and we were delighted at the quality of the presentations, the explanations by Derrick and Natasha of the preparation, the pacing of the various courses and the overall experience of watching the kitchen while dining. Will go back there againSpecial Features:
- Always goodWinendineDined on 10/18/2014Always good artistically prepared. Nice wine list . Attentive and helpful waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I came down to Orlando from Memphis for our 1 year anniversary. Luma was a very nice find. We cam from 30 minutes away to check this place out. The restaurant was amazing, the whole ambience was terrific. Our server was very nice and went above and beyond for us. The only problem I have is that we were sat next to the doorway they were using for the kitchen. Other then that we had a great time. Will come back in the near future.Special Features:
- great birthday dinnersm4murphyDined on 10/17/2014This is the 2nd year in a row that my daughter chose to celebrate her birthday at Luma. It was every bit as good the second time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigfanofcielonowVIPDined on 10/15/2014Overall, it was a good experience. The food quality was very good. Wine I ordered was not available after a lengthy search. Service wasn't a highlight nor was it a detractor from the evening. Complimentary valet is a nice touch.
- Starting vacationCotagnaDined on 10/14/2014This is a gem. The cocktails are imaginative, the menu is creative and the food is delicious! Top that with excellent service and you had a very special meal. Would definitely return on next visit.Special Features:
- wonderfulmorzilla17Dined on 10/11/2014Everything is excellent great food great service very reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service, too coldcustomerDined on 10/5/2014It was so unbelievably and incredibly cold in there due to extreme air conditioning it was very uncomfortable! Because of this we would not go back.Special Features:
- Always awesomePearl1947VIPDined on 10/5/2014We eat at Luma at least once per month and are never disappointed. I always have the fish and my wife ALWAYS has the pasta and we share a great bottle of wine. You can't go wrong at Luma.Special Features:
- Outside Dining Experience NotesnonsmokerDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I have been going to Luma occasionally for years. We have always enjoyed the food and the service. The food is very high quality and the location on Park Avenue is quite nice. We like to dine with our dog and we always sit outside. The one tragic flaw is that they mix smokers together with non-smokers. There is nothing worse to me than having to smell a cigarette while I'm trying to enjoy my meal. They have a real opportunity to improve that part of the experience. Everything else is top notch and I would definitely recommend it if you are a smoker or if you can sit inside and avoid the cigarettes.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentToEnjoyAnEveningDined on 10/4/2014Starting with the friendly and professional staff to a great wine list to amazing food, this is definitely a restaurant that is top on my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodFoodie2VIPDined on 10/4/2014We've been coming for years and have never been disappointed. The kale salad and swordfish were delicious. My husband enjoyed his burger, and the kids had pasta and pizza. Everyone was happy:)Special Features:
- Food Blisskworonk1Dined on 10/3/2014I selected this spot with fingers crossed via TripAdvisor to celebrate my boyfriend's graduation. Luma surpassed every expectation of two service-oriented customers: A corporate chef and concierge. We walked in two hours early for our reservation, but were still sat immediately. I had requested champagne for the celebration in the OT rsvp, and even though we were extremely early the hostesses were kind enough to congratulate the grad and the server was swift with the bubbly. Course after course, these foodies continued to float away on a cloud of food bliss. If you have the chance, request Christian as your server. He was kind, patient, and very knowledgable about the menu. He made us feel welcome, was attentive, but never hovered too long.Special Features:
- NoisyRobertDined on 9/27/2014The food and the service was very good. On Saturday night, Luma was very busy and very noisy.Special Features:
- An evening in Winter ParkRinglingDined on 9/27/2014A birthday dinner for my wife. Our waiter was pleasant but a little overly friendly: "my name is xxx, what is yours"...attempted to shake my hand. Some may like it, I do not. Complimentary champagne for the birthday girl was a nice touch. Soup and salad terrific; my wife's entree, flounder, was outstanding. I was not overly hungry and ordered the rigatoni Bolognese (the least expensive dish on the menu). While flavorful, it was dry and stiff when served as I suspect it had been sitting under the warming light for some time. Not acceptable for a $21 pasta. I would characterize the restaurant as vibrant and loud; the classic "hot spot". If we return to Winter Park I would certainly give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was ok, better out thereotwthfoodiefriendsDined on 9/27/2014Some dishes were a hit and others were awful. Creativity was good but it was not executed well in all dishes. Too many other creative places out there to return to this one.Special Features:
- Food was disappointingHonestDined on 9/27/2014I'm not sure if it was just an "off" day but the food was average at best. I ordered the trout that was to be grilled but it looked and tasted more like it had been poached. The portion was extremely small and honestly, I was starving when I left. I guess that why they give you a lot of bread. The service and ambiance was wonderful.Special Features:
- RomanticlisgirlieDined on 9/26/2014The ambiance was very romentic, the dining area spectacular, the food was delicious. My rating was 4 stars due to the service. The waiter was very good, he explained the menu with noticeable knowledge, but the food was served too fast and I would have liked more time to enjoy it. Nevertheles, it is a great place for a special ocassion and a great chef menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodeatsDined on 9/26/2014service was excellent. wine list is extensive. food is beautifully prepared but steak was overdone. little pricy as well.Special Features:
- Great food!MattDined on 9/24/2014I have been to Luma before but this time particular time was exceptional. Our waiter was very attentive, the drink selections were phenomenal (I would go with the white linen!), the small plates were unique and delicious (sausage dish over potato soup with clams, she-crab butter, and shrimp AND the red snapper ceviche which had just been added to the menu that week), the main dish was well-balanced and full of flavor (roasted chicken with squash puree and potatoes), and the dessert was interesting and quite tasty (caramelized pineapple - basically think of a deconstructed pineapple upside down cake). Overall incredible dining experience and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerresinexVIPDined on 9/22/2014We visit often but the food, ambiance and service were spectacular. We will return soon again.Special Features:
- girls getawaygourmetgirlVIPDined on 9/22/2014An overnight girls getaway from Tampa was a big hit and made extra special with a delicious dinner at Luma. Service and atmosphere were top notch and the food, creative, beautifully presented and memorable. Our party of 5 enjoyed a variety of dishes and there was not a miss in anything chosen. From steak tartar, roasted chicken, grilled salmon, rigatoni Bolognese, pot de creme, We will definitely return for lunch or dinner on our next visit!Special Features:
- DemiciousLauraucfDined on 9/21/2014Wonderful staff. Terrific and great variety of local foods. Amazing restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service & greasy overcooked veCristiDined on 9/20/2014Luma used to be one of my favorite places to go. However, after my recent experience, I am not sure if I will ever go back. We sat outside and had trouble getting attention from any of the staff after being seated - from getting menus, water, and then placing our order. The restaurant was not overly busy so there was no obvious reason. We ordered 3 vegetable side dishes in addtion to our order. The vegetable gratin dish was overcooked and the other 2 veggie dishes were drenced in oil to the degree that I put them on top of a napkin to get the oil off. We were very disappointed. Not what I was looking forward to for a special occasion.
- Edison@lumaEdisonDined on 9/20/2014This was the 3rd time at Luma........we travelled from Cocoa Beach. The dining experience was the usual excellence.........$$$$$ not for the faint hearted......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, but noisyproudparentsDined on 9/20/2014On the positive side, food was delicious, we liked absolutely everything: trout, pork, desserts and even coffee was outstanding. Our server was friendly, polite and helpful, he explained in detail all the dishes from the menu. On the negative side, it was very noisy and hard to hold conversation. The tables are too close to each other, so there is little privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.