Luma on Park
290 S. Park Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Luma on Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lumaonpark.com/
- Phone: 4075994111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner menu available every day at 5:30pm
Lunch: Friday, Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 3pm
Lounge and Bar: Opens at 4pm Monday through Thursday and at 11:30 Friday through Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brandon McGlamery
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Luma’s private dining room, The Cellar, is nestled below a "jewel box" tower, a two-story wine vault that illuminates and stretches both floors of the restaurant and stores nearly 7,000 bottles of wine. The Cellar is a lavish, exclusive room that can seat 48 people and is equipped with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment ideal for major events, from corporate gatherings to wedding receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Theresa Smith 4075994111
- Special Events: Luma's private dining room, The Cellar is located below the main dining room, offering private dining with personal wait staff and tailored menu offering to fit your every need. Guests enter through a private doorway, which leads them through the two story, "jewel box" wine vault. The lavish and ultra-exclusive space seats up to 48 guests and is equipped with state-of-the-art audio visual equipment, and is ideal for your next private event. For more information or to book the Cellar, please contact Theresa Smith at 407 599 4111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Luma on Park
Luma on Park is the ultimate restaurant for fine wine and cuisine enthusiasts who desire either a delicate bite or a multi-course feast in an inviting and alluring atmosphere. A fixture on Winter Park's famed Park Avenue, Luma offers guests unparalleled flavor in engaging surroundings and a featured open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Luma on Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Luma on Park reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (148)special occasion (137)notable wine list (118)hot spot (101)romantic (92)neighborhood gem (80)vibrant bar scene (63)good for groups (60)great for outdoor dining (51)late-night find (19)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (9)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fantastic mealWorldtraveler2VIPDined on 10/21/2014Luma uses only the freshest ingredients and adjusts their menu daily, and it's reflected in the outstanding food quality. The pork chop was stunning!Special Features:
- Eclectic!PamelaVIPDined on 10/19/2014Second time around at Luma on Park was short of great! Over the summer we had a higher quality meal , however this time it was very busy. The restaurant was accomodating with our table selection and our waiter was attentive. An order that was billed as Octopus in red wine, arrived as small pasta with chopped octopus pieces. The pumpkin ravioli was chewy and the portion was small. The price was high for the quality and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodWinendineDined on 10/18/2014Always good artistically prepared. Nice wine list . Attentive and helpful waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I came down to Orlando from Memphis for our 1 year anniversary. Luma was a very nice find. We cam from 30 minutes away to check this place out. The restaurant was amazing, the whole ambience was terrific. Our server was very nice and went above and beyond for us. The only problem I have is that we were sat next to the doorway they were using for the kitchen. Other then that we had a great time. Will come back in the near future.Special Features:
- great birthday dinnersm4murphyDined on 10/17/2014This is the 2nd year in a row that my daughter chose to celebrate her birthday at Luma. It was every bit as good the second time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigfanofcielonowVIPDined on 10/15/2014Overall, it was a good experience. The food quality was very good. Wine I ordered was not available after a lengthy search. Service wasn't a highlight nor was it a detractor from the evening. Complimentary valet is a nice touch.
- Starting vacationCotagnaDined on 10/14/2014This is a gem. The cocktails are imaginative, the menu is creative and the food is delicious! Top that with excellent service and you had a very special meal. Would definitely return on next visit.Special Features:
- wonderfulmorzilla17Dined on 10/11/2014Everything is excellent great food great service very reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service, too coldcustomerDined on 10/5/2014It was so unbelievably and incredibly cold in there due to extreme air conditioning it was very uncomfortable! Because of this we would not go back.Special Features:
- Always awesomePearl1947VIPDined on 10/5/2014We eat at Luma at least once per month and are never disappointed. I always have the fish and my wife ALWAYS has the pasta and we share a great bottle of wine. You can't go wrong at Luma.Special Features:
- Outside Dining Experience NotesnonsmokerDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I have been going to Luma occasionally for years. We have always enjoyed the food and the service. The food is very high quality and the location on Park Avenue is quite nice. We like to dine with our dog and we always sit outside. The one tragic flaw is that they mix smokers together with non-smokers. There is nothing worse to me than having to smell a cigarette while I'm trying to enjoy my meal. They have a real opportunity to improve that part of the experience. Everything else is top notch and I would definitely recommend it if you are a smoker or if you can sit inside and avoid the cigarettes.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentToEnjoyAnEveningDined on 10/4/2014Starting with the friendly and professional staff to a great wine list to amazing food, this is definitely a restaurant that is top on my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodFoodie2VIPDined on 10/4/2014We've been coming for years and have never been disappointed. The kale salad and swordfish were delicious. My husband enjoyed his burger, and the kids had pasta and pizza. Everyone was happy:)Special Features:
- Food Blisskworonk1Dined on 10/3/2014I selected this spot with fingers crossed via TripAdvisor to celebrate my boyfriend's graduation. Luma surpassed every expectation of two service-oriented customers: A corporate chef and concierge. We walked in two hours early for our reservation, but were still sat immediately. I had requested champagne for the celebration in the OT rsvp, and even though we were extremely early the hostesses were kind enough to congratulate the grad and the server was swift with the bubbly. Course after course, these foodies continued to float away on a cloud of food bliss. If you have the chance, request Christian as your server. He was kind, patient, and very knowledgable about the menu. He made us feel welcome, was attentive, but never hovered too long.Special Features:
- NoisyRobertDined on 9/27/2014The food and the service was very good. On Saturday night, Luma was very busy and very noisy.Special Features:
- An evening in Winter ParkRinglingDined on 9/27/2014A birthday dinner for my wife. Our waiter was pleasant but a little overly friendly: "my name is xxx, what is yours"...attempted to shake my hand. Some may like it, I do not. Complimentary champagne for the birthday girl was a nice touch. Soup and salad terrific; my wife's entree, flounder, was outstanding. I was not overly hungry and ordered the rigatoni Bolognese (the least expensive dish on the menu). While flavorful, it was dry and stiff when served as I suspect it had been sitting under the warming light for some time. Not acceptable for a $21 pasta. I would characterize the restaurant as vibrant and loud; the classic "hot spot". If we return to Winter Park I would certainly give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was ok, better out thereotwthfoodiefriendsDined on 9/27/2014Some dishes were a hit and others were awful. Creativity was good but it was not executed well in all dishes. Too many other creative places out there to return to this one.Special Features:
- Food was disappointingHonestDined on 9/27/2014I'm not sure if it was just an "off" day but the food was average at best. I ordered the trout that was to be grilled but it looked and tasted more like it had been poached. The portion was extremely small and honestly, I was starving when I left. I guess that why they give you a lot of bread. The service and ambiance was wonderful.Special Features:
- RomanticlisgirlieDined on 9/26/2014The ambiance was very romentic, the dining area spectacular, the food was delicious. My rating was 4 stars due to the service. The waiter was very good, he explained the menu with noticeable knowledge, but the food was served too fast and I would have liked more time to enjoy it. Nevertheles, it is a great place for a special ocassion and a great chef menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodeatsDined on 9/26/2014service was excellent. wine list is extensive. food is beautifully prepared but steak was overdone. little pricy as well.Special Features:
- Great food!MattDined on 9/24/2014I have been to Luma before but this time particular time was exceptional. Our waiter was very attentive, the drink selections were phenomenal (I would go with the white linen!), the small plates were unique and delicious (sausage dish over potato soup with clams, she-crab butter, and shrimp AND the red snapper ceviche which had just been added to the menu that week), the main dish was well-balanced and full of flavor (roasted chicken with squash puree and potatoes), and the dessert was interesting and quite tasty (caramelized pineapple - basically think of a deconstructed pineapple upside down cake). Overall incredible dining experience and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerresinexVIPDined on 9/22/2014We visit often but the food, ambiance and service were spectacular. We will return soon again.Special Features:
- girls getawaygourmetgirlVIPDined on 9/22/2014An overnight girls getaway from Tampa was a big hit and made extra special with a delicious dinner at Luma. Service and atmosphere were top notch and the food, creative, beautifully presented and memorable. Our party of 5 enjoyed a variety of dishes and there was not a miss in anything chosen. From steak tartar, roasted chicken, grilled salmon, rigatoni Bolognese, pot de creme, We will definitely return for lunch or dinner on our next visit!Special Features:
- DemiciousLauraucfDined on 9/21/2014Wonderful staff. Terrific and great variety of local foods. Amazing restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service & greasy overcooked veCristiDined on 9/20/2014Luma used to be one of my favorite places to go. However, after my recent experience, I am not sure if I will ever go back. We sat outside and had trouble getting attention from any of the staff after being seated - from getting menus, water, and then placing our order. The restaurant was not overly busy so there was no obvious reason. We ordered 3 vegetable side dishes in addtion to our order. The vegetable gratin dish was overcooked and the other 2 veggie dishes were drenced in oil to the degree that I put them on top of a napkin to get the oil off. We were very disappointed. Not what I was looking forward to for a special occasion.
- Edison@lumaEdisonDined on 9/20/2014This was the 3rd time at Luma........we travelled from Cocoa Beach. The dining experience was the usual excellence.........$$$$$ not for the faint hearted......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, but noisyproudparentsDined on 9/20/2014On the positive side, food was delicious, we liked absolutely everything: trout, pork, desserts and even coffee was outstanding. Our server was friendly, polite and helpful, he explained in detail all the dishes from the menu. On the negative side, it was very noisy and hard to hold conversation. The tables are too close to each other, so there is little privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LlLuluDined on 9/20/2014Great food. Local, sustainable and organic when possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My mother came down to Orlando for her 55th birthday and I surprised her by taking her to Luma. I set up the reservations a couple days prior and left them a little note saying it was my mothers birthday. We show up for our reservation and literally wait one minute to be seated (it was a full house too). The hostess did a great job with her table planning so we would not be waiting for our reservation. The server we had was great. The first thing she did was wish my mom happy birthday, furthermore all the other servers around us wished came by and wished her happy birthday too. They brought out champagne on the house and two free deserts. The made my mother feel very special. I will be a repeat customer for as long as I live in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always stellar!aking83VIPDined on 9/17/2014Absolutely great restaurant, food and service. The thinnest pizza in town! Always recommended!Special Features:
- Great food! Great atmosphere!!solodiningVIPDined on 9/15/2014Couldn't ask for more!! Even though it was a warm evening, I couldn't pass up the fresh soup and was glad I made that decision. Appetizers were followed by fish for us... swordfish and red snapper were perfectly prepared. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable about the dishes as well as wine selections. Overall a very great night out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My fiance and I had dinner here last Saturday. The restaurant was over crowded, the tables felt like they were on top of each other. You felt as if you were having dinner with the people sitting next to you that is how close the tables were. The food was not as good as I expected. The portions were small and not very impressive. We will not be going back.
- Best food in OrlandoTeraJeanDined on 9/13/2014When we arrived we were warmly greeted by the hostess and placed at a 2 top right near the front door. I didn't like the table as everyone walking in would be walking by our table, not very romantic. My husband asked the hostess if we could move farther back and she kindly obliged. We were moved near the chefs table in a cozy corner with a great view of the kitchen. Our waiter Sebastian, was friendly, knowledgeable and took wonderful care of us. After ordering your most expensive Chardonnay, which was amazing, and trying 2 appetizers we were in love with the food. With the main dishes and desserts we were in heaven. The Chef even came over with a signed copy of his cookbook, he was wonderful! We look forward to going back often! Much thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Exceptional foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014We love LUMA. They never fail to impress and the food is cooked perfectly with a seasonal approach. The serve staff is the very best.Special Features:
- Just okGregDined on 9/13/2014Service was a little off as we ordered several glasses of wine that took several reminders to the server before we actually received them. The food was good, not great. The atmosphere was nice and the staff was friendly, however the actual dining experience was just average.Special Features:
- Very PopularVickieDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant does not quite live up to the hype. Good food, but not memorable enough to return. Wait staff was responsive but not invasive. Nice ng, but extremely loud. not easy to have conversation.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceJavaBlueVIPDined on 9/11/2014Luma was on our list for Magical Dining this year. The food and service was excellent. We are "diners" and although the restaurant was packed there was no hurrying us out the door.Special Features:
- Excellent eveningjll4Dined on 9/7/2014We were recommended to luma by a friend. My wife and I were in Orlando on business and wanted a nice dinner out. Great restaurant and service.Special Features:
- Great food; excellent serviceFloridaKatDined on 9/7/2014My three friends and I took advantage of the Magical Month of Dining menu. Although not extensive, the food was stellar from the appetizers (squash soup was amazing) to the melange of flavors in the entrees to the satisfying desserts. Ivy, our server was responsive, friendly without being overbearing, and a wealth of information about the food, the chef and the restaurant. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but a bit overpricedjdogVIPDined on 9/6/2014We tried Luma's magical dining menu. We had Foie Gras Parfait, Grouper Brandade Churros, and Rigatoni Bolognese, finishing with Chocolate Panacotta. The Foie Gras Parfait was delicious to the last bite- something we wouldn't have ordered except the server's suggestion. The Grouper Churros were very different, a nice blend of flavor, though not a strong taste of grouper. By far the star plate was the Rigatoni Bolognese, a very savory, delectable dish that I would highly recommend. It had a very nice blend of flavors not to be missed. The Chocolate pannacotta was a nice light finish to a wonderful meal.Special Features: