Luma on Park
290 S. Park Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Luma on Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lumaonpark.com/
- Phone: 4075994111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner menu available every day at 5:30pm
Lunch: Friday, Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 3pm
Lounge and Bar: Opens at 4pm Monday through Thursday and at 11:30 Friday through Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brandon McGlamery
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Luma’s private dining room, The Cellar, is nestled below a "jewel box" tower, a two-story wine vault that illuminates and stretches both floors of the restaurant and stores nearly 7,000 bottles of wine. The Cellar is a lavish, exclusive room that can seat 48 people and is equipped with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment ideal for major events, from corporate gatherings to wedding receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Theresa Smith 4075994111
- Special Events: Luma's private dining room, The Cellar is located below the main dining room, offering private dining with personal wait staff and tailored menu offering to fit your every need. Guests enter through a private doorway, which leads them through the two story, "jewel box" wine vault. The lavish and ultra-exclusive space seats up to 48 guests and is equipped with state-of-the-art audio visual equipment, and is ideal for your next private event. For more information or to book the Cellar, please contact Theresa Smith at 407 599 4111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Luma on Park
Luma on Park is the ultimate restaurant for fine wine and cuisine enthusiasts who desire either a delicate bite or a multi-course feast in an inviting and alluring atmosphere. A fixture on Winter Park's famed Park Avenue, Luma offers guests unparalleled flavor in engaging surroundings and a featured open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Luma on Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Luma on Park reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (113)special occasion (107)notable wine list (85)hot spot (73)romantic (70)neighborhood gem (63)vibrant bar scene (62)good for groups (38)great for outdoor dining (34)late-night find (21)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (9)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful!EmilyDined on 8/26/2014The food, ambiance, and service were all impeccable! The locally sourced food was delicious and you could get it paired with half or full glasses of wine by their sommelier. I was also impressed that they not only called ahead of time of confirm my reservation but also called the day after our reservation to confirm everything went perfectly! I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical Dining MonthOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Our group went to Luma on Park to take advantage of Magical Dining Month. We started in the bar for some cocktails and moved onto the dining room. The choices for each course were all appealing and excellent...the trout was the overall favorite entree in our group. Taste, presentation and ambiance were top notch. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice birthday dinner with friendsmtn32714Dined on 8/23/2014Came here with my 7 of my friends for my birthday dinner. We had a reservation at 9:30 which took about 20 or so minutes to get- the other table was finishing up. We got a drink at the bar while we waited which was very busy. It's a bit hard to find a place to stand around the bar. Besides that, once we were sat, the service was very good and the food was delicious. There were great options that were affordable and fun to share. The food came out in a very timely manner which was much appreciated since we had other places to go that evening. They recognized that it was my birthday and brought out a cute little custard dessert. Overall, a very enjoyable birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Great restaurant Food disappointingMJW1Dined on 8/23/2014We were looking forward to celebrating my wife's birthday. We are foodies and love unique menus. Great atmosphere, energetic, and updated. Seated promptly for our reservation, great service. Our server was courteous & knew the menu. The issue was the food. Ordered the Delmonico rib eye, asked for medium rare. Steak arrived very quickly, immediately after finishing the wedge salad. (too quick) The steak was a good medium well. The issue was the "rib eye" was barely 1/2 inch thick. They quickly took the steak and offered a replacement. They even offered a cup of soup while I waited, nice touch. The second rib eye came out, even thinner than the first. This time the steak was rare. Restaurant has potential, just disappointed in the food.Special Features:
- Eric N's reviewEN22ReviewDined on 8/22/2014Had lunch here with clients and a colleague and the food and experience was fantastic. I had not dined here before but would definitely go back with both clients, as well as co-workers. I will also recommend Luma on Park to other as well.Special Features:
- DisappointingCheleBeleDined on 8/20/2014We brought my husbands business partners here as we thought it would mirror our first experience which was wonderful. I made the reservations weeks ago. We were seated very quickly and had to wait for over ten minutes for a waiter to even come by and introduce himself. He finally brought water, gave us menus and left again. No drink orders were taken for another ten minutes. He never brought the amazing popcorn, nor were we offered that. Towards end of the first round of drinks he asked "did we need any bread"? We had to ask him to place our order for dinner. Uniforms were a bit sloppy. Our food was good as was expected. I'm not sure we will be back. We even have a gift card for $100 that we may re-gift.
- Delicious dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014Wonderful food, great service, nice choices to accommodate gluten intolerance. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:
- exceeded expectationsfoodandloveDined on 8/16/2014We had heard great things about Luma on Park, so we decided to head up for our anniversary. And we are so glad we did. Our server, Christian, was friendly, knowledgeable, and spot on with recommendations. Starting off with complimentary bubbly for our celebration night, we were never rushed or pushed to order. The food was top notch. I had the rabbit bratwurst. Really good flavors. I found the sausage a little dry but once you combine the sweet from the fig, pickle from beets and richness from the puree it just came together like a family reunion. My girlfriend had the yellow fin tuna with fennel, very nice light summer plate. I had the pork chop and Amy had the flank. Both really impressed Overall a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, great ambianceFoodE24Dined on 8/13/2014The flank steak and swordfish entrees were amazing. The fig ravioli we had as an appetizer was also incredible. Savor each bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014My wife and I choose to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary at Luma. We have been there before for other special occasions and this time was no different. We were very pleased with the atmosphere, service, and the food. We will definitely consider Luma for future special occasions.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindFlorida4nowVIPDined on 8/10/2014This was our first time at Luma and we have only high praise--for the food, service and ambiance. We both had the chickpea fennel soup and the flounder with lentils. The food was delicious and the servings just the right size. This will be the first restaurant on our list when we return to Winter Park.
- GLuten Free and delicious!CeliacRNDined on 8/9/2014Great food options for GF diner. The appetizers, salads, fish entrees and desserts were delicious. Well versed waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RR81Dined on 8/8/2014The restaurant lost power as soon as we arrived so no fault of their own. However, the staff did not do a great job in keeping inquiring guests informed so they ended up losing a lot of business that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lumaHemingwaysVIPDined on 8/7/2014Excellent as always! The soup, salad, and main dish were all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ejeanjfunlovingfoodieVIPDined on 8/6/2014We were celebrating my daughter's birthday. The food was very creative and enjoyed by everyone at the table. We will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificFLSkierDined on 8/5/2014Great Tuna Crudo app - service was attentive, pacing was on the slow side, but ok because we were taking our time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for People WatchingLyndaVIPDined on 8/2/2014We sat outside and enjoyed the entourage of people, mostly fashionably dressed. We were interested in the Masserati, Rolls and Ferrari that were parked on the curb. The food, while very good, is overpriced. The wine list, also pricey, is not as extensive as I would expect. The service was professional, though the waitress was not very personable. We appreciated the offer of $25 off as we were anxious to try Luma's. However, I would choose Prato's over Luma.Special Features:
- Over the Top DinningJayJayDined on 8/2/2014Luma On Park, is a wonderful find and lives up to it's reputation as a fantastic dining experience. Our party of six was handled with the greatest of ease by the wait staff led by Stephen. The different food choices and desserts were complimented by all. We all plan on coming back.Special Features:
- Always goodStavrosDined on 7/31/2014The food and service at Luma is always good. My only complaint is the descriptions in the menu are always a little too pretentious and don't always match the dish itself.Special Features:
- Dinner for twoEatingoutDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I ate at Luma during our trip to Winter Park this week. This was the second time we had eaten dinner there and, although we enjoyed the first visit, this evening exceeded our expectations. The hostess, as is unfortunately often the case, gave a distinct impression of end-stage boredom, made no effort at welcoming us let alone conversation. After that it got distinctly better, our waitress was knowledgeable and very pleasant, the standard of service was impeccable and the timing of the courses was perfect. We ate different items from the Prix Fixe menu, all were delicious and creative. No question we shall return, just next time show ourselves to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't ask for special diet requestSgnjadbVIPDined on 7/27/2014The food was very good. My only issue was that I am on Weight Watchers and asked about a healthier preperation for the snapper that I ordered other than pan seared. The response was that there was no other option as the chef feels it compromises the dish. Last I checked, I was the paying customer and usually most restaurants (especially at that price point) will make accomodations. The food was great but I was put off by the principal. It is my dining experience, not the chefs. I am the paying customer, not the chef.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014My favorite restaurant in the Orlando area. Always look forward to going there for dinner. My adult daughter loves to go there when she is in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luma is a can't missOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Lima provided an incredible dining experience. Wine list has great variety. The ceviche with spicy melon sorbet was a wonderful mix of cool melon and Basil and spice. The flank steak and bolognese were delicious as well. We can't wait to go back to try more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service & foodVeryUnimpressedDined on 7/23/2014Amazing meal from start to finish. Wine choices. Small plate to start. I had a pasta dish. She had the wedge salad. Both out of this world! Entree I had swordfish. She had Delmonico steak. Both great but she would have liked a baked potato option with this fantastic steak. Loved our choices and server recommendations. Would save room for dessert but somewhere else. Was not overjoyed with the choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome all the way aroundYLeathVIPDined on 7/22/2014This restaurant provided for a great group dinner for a bunch of Tennesseans in Orlando for a meeting. The dining experience made the lengthy cab ride to Winter Park well worth the trip! Between all of us, we had a little of everything on the menu. All of the food as well as the service was outstanding! I will return on my next trip to the area. Oh, and the follow-up phone call to ask about our experience added a special touch. It showed that they truly do care about their patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Seated right away even though we were a little early for our reservation. Service was incredible. Waitress super knowledgeable about wine and food on the menu. Started with small plates. Yellowfin tuna was unbelievable! Beef tartare and ceviche also excellent. Beautiful presentation. As soon as you take the last bite on a plate, someone quickly whisks the plate away. Pork dinner was outstanding!!! Mascorpone grits under it...delish! My husband told them we were celebratung our anniversary so they brought 2 glasses of champagne and told us to pick any dessert we wanted. Great service and great food. Will definitely go again!!Special Features:
- The BestChristopherDined on 7/20/2014As always, everything about the visit was perfect. My wife and I were celebrating our 5th anniversary, and the server went to great lengths to treat us well. Also, they were very flexible with our gluten, dairy and soy allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First Time At LumaQMHFLDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I went there for a nice date night. It was a great atmosphere with great staff. Kitchen is open which is nice to see what is going on. Waiter was great as well, and knowledgeable on the food and wine selection. We will be coming back and trying their sister restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedpleasedinorlandoDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I made reservations and were skeptical when we saw how busy it was. We were looking for a quiet romantic evening and it didn't look like that's what we would get. Once we were seated our attitudes changed and we were beyond pleased with our service, the food and the ambiance. I highly recommend this restaurant, we will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 7/17/2014Luma is always a treat! A must when relatives are visiting!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Luma!TammyDined on 7/16/2014We were hoping to sit at the Pantry Counter to watch the cooks work their magic and glean some special treats. Since it was full, they sat us close to the kitchen and we were still served some of their delicious truffle popcorn. Luma is our favorite date spot!Special Features:
- RoseVIPDined on 7/12/2014The creativity of the dishes and the execution of flavors were beyond expectations.Special Features:
- Dressed up!SuKaDined on 7/12/2014Here the women are dressed up and beautiful and the men look good. Great place if you are tired of the t-shirt and shorts crowd. Food is well presented and tasty. Menu is creative and the best on Park Avenu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luma is just awesome, the bestJaycolDined on 7/11/2014Luma offers great food and a fantastic atmosphere. The staff is super friendly and you can tell they want to be there and enjoy what they do. The restaurant is obviously well managed and extremely consistent with its superior service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkPDXDinerVIPDined on 7/9/2014Generally, it was fine - the pizza and the fries were the best part of the meal. Chicken wasn't seasoned enough. Crab was over salted (after asking for low to no salt). Dessert menu was uninspiring. The wait staff was wonderful, in general, though, the food was an ok miss.
- OutstandingBBackSoonDined on 7/8/2014Good food, good service, affordable prices, right portions, excellent coffee, competent and congenial wait staff, pleasant although spare environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience here. The server was wonderfully knowledgeable about the menu and wines. The food is creative, fresh, and delicious. The ceviche was especially notable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were shocked and impressed A+BirthdayDined on 7/7/2014My wife and I are from North Miami Beach Florida. My friend from Tampa recommended this place because it was my wife's 40th birthday so it was a very special occasion. We were completely shocked how upscale, polished and amazing the atmosphere was, the food was great, the service staff made the restaurant. We will be back again the next time we're visiting my mother in Sanford Florida. I would travel from Orlando to go to this restaurant. My friend in Tampa is a restaurant expert and he was right this place was a diamond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertoDined on 7/6/2014The menu is limited. Our raviolis were cold and with insuffivient pesto sauce, which by the way, was too thick. The imported wine selection was poor and limited as was the selection of California.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServiceLumaDined on 7/5/2014Good food and service but seated too close to others = no fun listening to other people talk.Special Features: