Luma on Park
290 S. Park Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Luma on Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lumaonpark.com/
- Phone: 4075994111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner menu available every day at 5:30pm
Lunch: Friday, Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 3pm
Lounge and Bar: Opens at 4pm Monday through Thursday and at 11:30 Friday through Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brandon McGlamery
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Luma’s private dining room, The Cellar, is nestled below a "jewel box" tower, a two-story wine vault that illuminates and stretches both floors of the restaurant and stores nearly 7,000 bottles of wine. The Cellar is a lavish, exclusive room that can seat 48 people and is equipped with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment ideal for major events, from corporate gatherings to wedding receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Theresa Smith 4075994111
- Special Events: Luma's private dining room, The Cellar is located below the main dining room, offering private dining with personal wait staff and tailored menu offering to fit your every need. Guests enter through a private doorway, which leads them through the two story, "jewel box" wine vault. The lavish and ultra-exclusive space seats up to 48 guests and is equipped with state-of-the-art audio visual equipment, and is ideal for your next private event. For more information or to book the Cellar, please contact Theresa Smith at 407 599 4111 or email@example.com
A word from Luma on Park
Luma on Park is the ultimate restaurant for fine wine and cuisine enthusiasts who desire either a delicate bite or a multi-course feast in an inviting and alluring atmosphere. A fixture on Winter Park's famed Park Avenue, Luma offers guests unparalleled flavor in engaging surroundings and a featured open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Luma on Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Luma on Park reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (126)special occasion (116)notable wine list (99)hot spot (85)romantic (79)neighborhood gem (72)vibrant bar scene (67)good for groups (47)great for outdoor dining (37)late-night find (22)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My fiance and I had dinner here last Saturday. The restaurant was over crowded, the tables felt like they were on top of each other. You felt as if you were having dinner with the people sitting next to you that is how close the tables were. The food was not as good as I expected. The portions were small and not very impressive. We will not be going back.
- Best food in OrlandoTeraJeanDined on 9/13/2014When we arrived we were warmly greeted by the hostess and placed at a 2 top right near the front door. I didn't like the table as everyone walking in would be walking by our table, not very romantic. My husband asked the hostess if we could move farther back and she kindly obliged. We were moved near the chefs table in a cozy corner with a great view of the kitchen. Our waiter Sebastian, was friendly, knowledgeable and took wonderful care of us. After ordering your most expensive Chardonnay, which was amazing, and trying 2 appetizers we were in love with the food. With the main dishes and desserts we were in heaven. The Chef even came over with a signed copy of his cookbook, he was wonderful! We look forward to going back often! Much thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Exceptional foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014We love LUMA. They never fail to impress and the food is cooked perfectly with a seasonal approach. The serve staff is the very best.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Service was a little off as we ordered several glasses of wine that took several reminders to the server before we actually received them. The food was good, not great. The atmosphere was nice and the staff was friendly, however the actual dining experience was just average.Special Features:
- Very PopularVickieDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant does not quite live up to the hype. Good food, but not memorable enough to return. Wait staff was responsive but not invasive. Nice ng, but extremely loud. not easy to have conversation.Special Features:
- Excellent eveningjll4Dined on 9/7/2014We were recommended to luma by a friend. My wife and I were in Orlando on business and wanted a nice dinner out. Great restaurant and service.Special Features:
- Great food; excellent serviceFloridaKatDined on 9/7/2014My three friends and I took advantage of the Magical Month of Dining menu. Although not extensive, the food was stellar from the appetizers (squash soup was amazing) to the melange of flavors in the entrees to the satisfying desserts. Ivy, our server was responsive, friendly without being overbearing, and a wealth of information about the food, the chef and the restaurant. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Request specific seatingKristyDined on 9/5/2014We went to Luma for my boyfriends birthday so we were disappointed when we were seated at a tiny table with another tiny table less than 2 feet away. It was like a table for 4 that was pulled apart. When we first sat down it was fine but sure enough, as the restaurant filled up, they sat 2 ladies next to us- it literally felt like we were eating together. I don't know why they even have these tables. It really ruined the experience. I knew I should have asked to be moved right when we were seated. The food was really good (love the beet salad) and the service was good (although he was a little over the top with his animation). Luma is best when you can get a table outside (it was pouring when we went) or by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food at high pricesDGPayne02VIPDined on 9/4/2014Much of our food was under seasoned and has little flavor. Pork chop: boring, flavorless. Sauce served with grouper churros: zero flavor. Dry cake at dessert served in a comically small portion. This place is underwhelming at best and overpriced and pretentious at worst. If I were you I'd skip it and drop $100 for two people anywhere else.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014my wife's birthday excellent service and the red snapper was great thanks for making her birthday special without causing a scene. just the right touch....Special Features:
- outstanding restaurantjamesDined on 8/31/2014I made a reservation for my anniversary dinner and from the moment we set foot inside the service was amazing. Our waiter gave us the history behind the establishment, provided excellent service and the food was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarymcgdrgVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were able to get the table we ordered near the back by the chicken. The waiter was knowledgable about the menu and wine list. Everything was delicious. The one odd thing is that they never mentioned our anniversary even though we noted it in our reservation request. But we had a nice tine and will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- May be we expected too much...terfosterDined on 8/30/2014We dined at Luma for the first time due to strong recommendations from friends. Don't get me wrong, the food was good but we expected great. I had the pasta and could tell by the depth of flavor in the sauce that it had been long simmered as claimed. It was quite good. My wife's trout was good but nothing especially noteworthy. Orlando has certainly improved in the quality and innovation of its restaurants. There are several we would return to over Luma. Like I said, maybe we just expected too much.Special Features:
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Interesting menu with local and organic ingredients. The service was outstanding and the food was great.Special Features:
- It's all about the ChefPearl1947VIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I eat there often. We eat out at least once a day everyday. Often the menu entree description keeps me from ordering something I would otherwise have chosen because if the chef uses an ingredient that i don't like, I don't order. At Luma you can trust the chef. Just because it says citrus doesn't mean it will have an over powering fruity flavor but instead it will combine to make a delicious flavor that is new to your taste buds. Just like a great bottle of wine, there can be a hint of vanilla and yet your not drinking vanilla extract. Only the great chefs can pull this off. Cooks squeeze some lemon on a chicken breast and call it "lemon infused chicken". Not Luma, not ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to the hypeDiningOutIsMyHappyPlaceDined on 8/29/2014We booked for the Magical Dining experience so had a limited menu to choose from (which we knew) and added an additional appetizer. 2 of the 3 apps were FANTASTIC the 3rd was really oily (churros). Sadly this was the best course as the meal progressively lost flavor or excitement. I normally love desserts & eat them after every dinner (even at home) but I took one bite & put my spoon down. Our server kept rearranging our glasses & plates on our table while we ate which was weird & wasn't very knowledgeable, the server at the next table was amazing. We each ordered a cocktail and loved them. If I ever go back, it would be for drinks & appetizers.Special Features:
- Magical Dining at LumaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Luma does an amazing job putting out creative, delicious food, even when it's at a discount (Magical Dining Month). With MDM, you get an app, an entree & a dessert for $33. HINT: Ask for the menu. For apps, I was disappointed that what was listed on the MDM website either wasn't on the menu (Wedge Salad) or wasn't available (Tuna Tartar). Really?? We ended up getting the brown pear & onion soup (delish!) and the grouper churros (nothing special, incl. the sauce). I had the pan seared trout; hubby had the pork loin. Both were delicious & perfectly cooked + big portion on the pork. Desserts: salted caramel chocolate panna cotta & a creme fraiche cake, again, delicious. Ramona, our server, was excellent! All in all, a lovely meal as always.Special Features:
- Fabulous!CknorpDined on 8/27/2014Luma is a wonderful place for those who enjoy fresh, delicious, creative and locally sourced food. The vibe is modern yet comfortable. The bartenders & staff outstanding! Ask for Natasha or Rachelle. Excellent for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative cuisinecookie1Dined on 8/26/2014I enjoyed introducing friends to Luma this past week. The food is always innovative and delicious. The seafood was fresh and well prepared. Thank goodness we have a restaurant that reminds me of the ones in Portland, Oregon which use fresh ingredients and creativity.Special Features:
- Wonderful!EmilyDined on 8/26/2014The food, ambiance, and service were all impeccable! The locally sourced food was delicious and you could get it paired with half or full glasses of wine by their sommelier. I was also impressed that they not only called ahead of time of confirm my reservation but also called the day after our reservation to confirm everything went perfectly! I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical Dining MonthJordanDined on 8/26/2014Our group went to Luma on Park to take advantage of Magical Dining Month. We started in the bar for some cocktails and moved onto the dining room. The choices for each course were all appealing and excellent...the trout was the overall favorite entree in our group. Taste, presentation and ambiance were top notch. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice birthday dinner with friendsmtn32714Dined on 8/23/2014Came here with my 7 of my friends for my birthday dinner. We had a reservation at 9:30 which took about 20 or so minutes to get- the other table was finishing up. We got a drink at the bar while we waited which was very busy. It's a bit hard to find a place to stand around the bar. Besides that, once we were sat, the service was very good and the food was delicious. There were great options that were affordable and fun to share. The food came out in a very timely manner which was much appreciated since we had other places to go that evening. They recognized that it was my birthday and brought out a cute little custard dessert. Overall, a very enjoyable birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Great restaurant Food disappointingMJW1Dined on 8/23/2014We were looking forward to celebrating my wife's birthday. We are foodies and love unique menus. Great atmosphere, energetic, and updated. Seated promptly for our reservation, great service. Our server was courteous & knew the menu. The issue was the food. Ordered the Delmonico rib eye, asked for medium rare. Steak arrived very quickly, immediately after finishing the wedge salad. (too quick) The steak was a good medium well. The issue was the "rib eye" was barely 1/2 inch thick. They quickly took the steak and offered a replacement. They even offered a cup of soup while I waited, nice touch. The second rib eye came out, even thinner than the first. This time the steak was rare. Restaurant has potential, just disappointed in the food.Special Features:
- Eric N's reviewEN22ReviewDined on 8/22/2014Had lunch here with clients and a colleague and the food and experience was fantastic. I had not dined here before but would definitely go back with both clients, as well as co-workers. I will also recommend Luma on Park to other as well.Special Features:
- DisappointingCheleBeleDined on 8/20/2014We brought my husbands business partners here as we thought it would mirror our first experience which was wonderful. I made the reservations weeks ago. We were seated very quickly and had to wait for over ten minutes for a waiter to even come by and introduce himself. He finally brought water, gave us menus and left again. No drink orders were taken for another ten minutes. He never brought the amazing popcorn, nor were we offered that. Towards end of the first round of drinks he asked "did we need any bread"? We had to ask him to place our order for dinner. Uniforms were a bit sloppy. Our food was good as was expected. I'm not sure we will be back. We even have a gift card for $100 that we may re-gift.
- New MenuCarlaVIPDined on 8/19/2014Not sure we like all the southern cooking trend on so many dishes. Love the freshness of the daily catch and some interesting mixes of flavors. Great server and ambiance. www.ACoupleOfKidds.comSpecial Features:
- Delicious dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014Wonderful food, great service, nice choices to accommodate gluten intolerance. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:
- exceeded expectationsfoodandloveDined on 8/16/2014We had heard great things about Luma on Park, so we decided to head up for our anniversary. And we are so glad we did. Our server, Christian, was friendly, knowledgeable, and spot on with recommendations. Starting off with complimentary bubbly for our celebration night, we were never rushed or pushed to order. The food was top notch. I had the rabbit bratwurst. Really good flavors. I found the sausage a little dry but once you combine the sweet from the fig, pickle from beets and richness from the puree it just came together like a family reunion. My girlfriend had the yellow fin tuna with fennel, very nice light summer plate. I had the pork chop and Amy had the flank. Both really impressed Overall a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, great ambianceFoodE24Dined on 8/13/2014The flank steak and swordfish entrees were amazing. The fig ravioli we had as an appetizer was also incredible. Savor each bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014My wife and I choose to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary at Luma. We have been there before for other special occasions and this time was no different. We were very pleased with the atmosphere, service, and the food. We will definitely consider Luma for future special occasions.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindFlorida4nowVIPDined on 8/10/2014This was our first time at Luma and we have only high praise--for the food, service and ambiance. We both had the chickpea fennel soup and the flounder with lentils. The food was delicious and the servings just the right size. This will be the first restaurant on our list when we return to Winter Park.
- GLuten Free and delicious!CeliacRNDined on 8/9/2014Great food options for GF diner. The appetizers, salads, fish entrees and desserts were delicious. Well versed waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RR81Dined on 8/8/2014The restaurant lost power as soon as we arrived so no fault of their own. However, the staff did not do a great job in keeping inquiring guests informed so they ended up losing a lot of business that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lumaHemingwaysVIPDined on 8/7/2014Excellent as always! The soup, salad, and main dish were all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ejeanjfunlovingfoodieVIPDined on 8/6/2014We were celebrating my daughter's birthday. The food was very creative and enjoyed by everyone at the table. We will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificFLSkierDined on 8/5/2014Great Tuna Crudo app - service was attentive, pacing was on the slow side, but ok because we were taking our time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for People WatchingLyndaVIPDined on 8/2/2014We sat outside and enjoyed the entourage of people, mostly fashionably dressed. We were interested in the Masserati, Rolls and Ferrari that were parked on the curb. The food, while very good, is overpriced. The wine list, also pricey, is not as extensive as I would expect. The service was professional, though the waitress was not very personable. We appreciated the offer of $25 off as we were anxious to try Luma's. However, I would choose Prato's over Luma.Special Features:
- Over the Top DinningJayJayDined on 8/2/2014Luma On Park, is a wonderful find and lives up to it's reputation as a fantastic dining experience. Our party of six was handled with the greatest of ease by the wait staff led by Stephen. The different food choices and desserts were complimented by all. We all plan on coming back.Special Features:
- Always goodStavrosDined on 7/31/2014The food and service at Luma is always good. My only complaint is the descriptions in the menu are always a little too pretentious and don't always match the dish itself.Special Features:
- Dinner for twoEatingoutDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I ate at Luma during our trip to Winter Park this week. This was the second time we had eaten dinner there and, although we enjoyed the first visit, this evening exceeded our expectations. The hostess, as is unfortunately often the case, gave a distinct impression of end-stage boredom, made no effort at welcoming us let alone conversation. After that it got distinctly better, our waitress was knowledgeable and very pleasant, the standard of service was impeccable and the timing of the courses was perfect. We ate different items from the Prix Fixe menu, all were delicious and creative. No question we shall return, just next time show ourselves to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.