Luma on Park
290 S. Park Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Luma on Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lumaonpark.com/
- Phone: 4075994111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner menu available every day at 5:30pm
Lunch: Friday, Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 3pm
Lounge and Bar: Opens at 4pm Monday through Thursday and at 11:30 Friday through Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brandon McGlamery
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Luma’s private dining room, The Cellar, is nestled below a "jewel box" tower, a two-story wine vault that illuminates and stretches both floors of the restaurant and stores nearly 7,000 bottles of wine. The Cellar is a lavish, exclusive room that can seat 48 people and is equipped with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment ideal for major events, from corporate gatherings to wedding receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Theresa Smith 4075994111
- Special Events: Luma's private dining room, The Cellar is located below the main dining room, offering private dining with personal wait staff and tailored menu offering to fit your every need. Guests enter through a private doorway, which leads them through the two story, "jewel box" wine vault. The lavish and ultra-exclusive space seats up to 48 guests and is equipped with state-of-the-art audio visual equipment, and is ideal for your next private event. For more information or to book the Cellar, please contact Theresa Smith at 407 599 4111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Luma on Park
Luma on Park is the ultimate restaurant for fine wine and cuisine enthusiasts who desire either a delicate bite or a multi-course feast in an inviting and alluring atmosphere. A fixture on Winter Park's famed Park Avenue, Luma offers guests unparalleled flavor in engaging surroundings and a featured open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Luma on Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Luma on Park reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (145)special occasion (137)notable wine list (113)hot spot (100)romantic (88)neighborhood gem (82)vibrant bar scene (68)good for groups (60)great for outdoor dining (42)late-night find (20)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (9)scenic view (5)Show More
- NoisyRobertDined on 9/27/2014The food and the service was very good. On Saturday night, Luma was very busy and very noisy.Special Features:
- An evening in Winter ParkRinglingDined on 9/27/2014A birthday dinner for my wife. Our waiter was pleasant but a little overly friendly: "my name is xxx, what is yours"...attempted to shake my hand. Some may like it, I do not. Complimentary champagne for the birthday girl was a nice touch. Soup and salad terrific; my wife's entree, flounder, was outstanding. I was not overly hungry and ordered the rigatoni Bolognese (the least expensive dish on the menu). While flavorful, it was dry and stiff when served as I suspect it had been sitting under the warming light for some time. Not acceptable for a $21 pasta. I would characterize the restaurant as vibrant and loud; the classic "hot spot". If we return to Winter Park I would certainly give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was ok, better out thereotwthfoodiefriendsDined on 9/27/2014Some dishes were a hit and others were awful. Creativity was good but it was not executed well in all dishes. Too many other creative places out there to return to this one.Special Features:
- Food was disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I'm not sure if it was just an "off" day but the food was average at best. I ordered the trout that was to be grilled but it looked and tasted more like it had been poached. The portion was extremely small and honestly, I was starving when I left. I guess that why they give you a lot of bread. The service and ambiance was wonderful.Special Features:
- RomanticlisgirlieDined on 9/26/2014The ambiance was very romentic, the dining area spectacular, the food was delicious. My rating was 4 stars due to the service. The waiter was very good, he explained the menu with noticeable knowledge, but the food was served too fast and I would have liked more time to enjoy it. Nevertheles, it is a great place for a special ocassion and a great chef menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodeatsDined on 9/26/2014service was excellent. wine list is extensive. food is beautifully prepared but steak was overdone. little pricy as well.Special Features:
- Great food!MattDined on 9/24/2014I have been to Luma before but this time particular time was exceptional. Our waiter was very attentive, the drink selections were phenomenal (I would go with the white linen!), the small plates were unique and delicious (sausage dish over potato soup with clams, she-crab butter, and shrimp AND the red snapper ceviche which had just been added to the menu that week), the main dish was well-balanced and full of flavor (roasted chicken with squash puree and potatoes), and the dessert was interesting and quite tasty (caramelized pineapple - basically think of a deconstructed pineapple upside down cake). Overall incredible dining experience and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerresinexVIPDined on 9/22/2014We visit often but the food, ambiance and service were spectacular. We will return soon again.Special Features:
- girls getawaygourmetgirlVIPDined on 9/22/2014An overnight girls getaway from Tampa was a big hit and made extra special with a delicious dinner at Luma. Service and atmosphere were top notch and the food, creative, beautifully presented and memorable. Our party of 5 enjoyed a variety of dishes and there was not a miss in anything chosen. From steak tartar, roasted chicken, grilled salmon, rigatoni Bolognese, pot de creme, We will definitely return for lunch or dinner on our next visit!Special Features:
- DemiciousLauraucfDined on 9/21/2014Wonderful staff. Terrific and great variety of local foods. Amazing restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service & greasy overcooked veCristiDined on 9/20/2014Luma used to be one of my favorite places to go. However, after my recent experience, I am not sure if I will ever go back. We sat outside and had trouble getting attention from any of the staff after being seated - from getting menus, water, and then placing our order. The restaurant was not overly busy so there was no obvious reason. We ordered 3 vegetable side dishes in addtion to our order. The vegetable gratin dish was overcooked and the other 2 veggie dishes were drenced in oil to the degree that I put them on top of a napkin to get the oil off. We were very disappointed. Not what I was looking forward to for a special occasion.
- Edison@lumaEdisonDined on 9/20/2014This was the 3rd time at Luma........we travelled from Cocoa Beach. The dining experience was the usual excellence.........$$$$$ not for the faint hearted......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, but noisyproudparentsDined on 9/20/2014On the positive side, food was delicious, we liked absolutely everything: trout, pork, desserts and even coffee was outstanding. Our server was friendly, polite and helpful, he explained in detail all the dishes from the menu. On the negative side, it was very noisy and hard to hold conversation. The tables are too close to each other, so there is little privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LlLuluDined on 9/20/2014Great food. Local, sustainable and organic when possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My mother came down to Orlando for her 55th birthday and I surprised her by taking her to Luma. I set up the reservations a couple days prior and left them a little note saying it was my mothers birthday. We show up for our reservation and literally wait one minute to be seated (it was a full house too). The hostess did a great job with her table planning so we would not be waiting for our reservation. The server we had was great. The first thing she did was wish my mom happy birthday, furthermore all the other servers around us wished came by and wished her happy birthday too. They brought out champagne on the house and two free deserts. The made my mother feel very special. I will be a repeat customer for as long as I live in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always stellar!aking83VIPDined on 9/17/2014Absolutely great restaurant, food and service. The thinnest pizza in town! Always recommended!Special Features:
- Great food! Great atmosphere!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014Couldn't ask for more!! Even though it was a warm evening, I couldn't pass up the fresh soup and was glad I made that decision. Appetizers were followed by fish for us... swordfish and red snapper were perfectly prepared. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable about the dishes as well as wine selections. Overall a very great night out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My fiance and I had dinner here last Saturday. The restaurant was over crowded, the tables felt like they were on top of each other. You felt as if you were having dinner with the people sitting next to you that is how close the tables were. The food was not as good as I expected. The portions were small and not very impressive. We will not be going back.
- Best food in OrlandoTeraJeanDined on 9/13/2014When we arrived we were warmly greeted by the hostess and placed at a 2 top right near the front door. I didn't like the table as everyone walking in would be walking by our table, not very romantic. My husband asked the hostess if we could move farther back and she kindly obliged. We were moved near the chefs table in a cozy corner with a great view of the kitchen. Our waiter Sebastian, was friendly, knowledgeable and took wonderful care of us. After ordering your most expensive Chardonnay, which was amazing, and trying 2 appetizers we were in love with the food. With the main dishes and desserts we were in heaven. The Chef even came over with a signed copy of his cookbook, he was wonderful! We look forward to going back often! Much thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Exceptional foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014We love LUMA. They never fail to impress and the food is cooked perfectly with a seasonal approach. The serve staff is the very best.Special Features:
- Just okGregDined on 9/13/2014Service was a little off as we ordered several glasses of wine that took several reminders to the server before we actually received them. The food was good, not great. The atmosphere was nice and the staff was friendly, however the actual dining experience was just average.Special Features:
- Very PopularVickieDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant does not quite live up to the hype. Good food, but not memorable enough to return. Wait staff was responsive but not invasive. Nice ng, but extremely loud. not easy to have conversation.Special Features:
- Excellent eveningjll4Dined on 9/7/2014We were recommended to luma by a friend. My wife and I were in Orlando on business and wanted a nice dinner out. Great restaurant and service.Special Features:
- Great food; excellent serviceFloridaKatDined on 9/7/2014My three friends and I took advantage of the Magical Month of Dining menu. Although not extensive, the food was stellar from the appetizers (squash soup was amazing) to the melange of flavors in the entrees to the satisfying desserts. Ivy, our server was responsive, friendly without being overbearing, and a wealth of information about the food, the chef and the restaurant. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but a bit overpricedjdogVIPDined on 9/6/2014We tried Luma's magical dining menu. We had Foie Gras Parfait, Grouper Brandade Churros, and Rigatoni Bolognese, finishing with Chocolate Panacotta. The Foie Gras Parfait was delicious to the last bite- something we wouldn't have ordered except the server's suggestion. The Grouper Churros were very different, a nice blend of flavor, though not a strong taste of grouper. By far the star plate was the Rigatoni Bolognese, a very savory, delectable dish that I would highly recommend. It had a very nice blend of flavors not to be missed. The Chocolate pannacotta was a nice light finish to a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Request specific seatingKristyDined on 9/5/2014We went to Luma for my boyfriends birthday so we were disappointed when we were seated at a tiny table with another tiny table less than 2 feet away. It was like a table for 4 that was pulled apart. When we first sat down it was fine but sure enough, as the restaurant filled up, they sat 2 ladies next to us- it literally felt like we were eating together. I don't know why they even have these tables. It really ruined the experience. I knew I should have asked to be moved right when we were seated. The food was really good (love the beet salad) and the service was good (although he was a little over the top with his animation). Luma is best when you can get a table outside (it was pouring when we went) or by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food at high pricesDGPayne02VIPDined on 9/4/2014Much of our food was under seasoned and has little flavor. Pork chop: boring, flavorless. Sauce served with grouper churros: zero flavor. Dry cake at dessert served in a comically small portion. This place is underwhelming at best and overpriced and pretentious at worst. If I were you I'd skip it and drop $100 for two people anywhere else.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014my wife's birthday excellent service and the red snapper was great thanks for making her birthday special without causing a scene. just the right touch....Special Features:
- outstanding restaurantjamesDined on 8/31/2014I made a reservation for my anniversary dinner and from the moment we set foot inside the service was amazing. Our waiter gave us the history behind the establishment, provided excellent service and the food was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarymcgdrgVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were able to get the table we ordered near the back by the chicken. The waiter was knowledgable about the menu and wine list. Everything was delicious. The one odd thing is that they never mentioned our anniversary even though we noted it in our reservation request. But we had a nice tine and will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- May be we expected too much...terfosterDined on 8/30/2014We dined at Luma for the first time due to strong recommendations from friends. Don't get me wrong, the food was good but we expected great. I had the pasta and could tell by the depth of flavor in the sauce that it had been long simmered as claimed. It was quite good. My wife's trout was good but nothing especially noteworthy. Orlando has certainly improved in the quality and innovation of its restaurants. There are several we would return to over Luma. Like I said, maybe we just expected too much.Special Features:
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Interesting menu with local and organic ingredients. The service was outstanding and the food was great.Special Features:
- It's all about the ChefPearl1947VIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I eat there often. We eat out at least once a day everyday. Often the menu entree description keeps me from ordering something I would otherwise have chosen because if the chef uses an ingredient that i don't like, I don't order. At Luma you can trust the chef. Just because it says citrus doesn't mean it will have an over powering fruity flavor but instead it will combine to make a delicious flavor that is new to your taste buds. Just like a great bottle of wine, there can be a hint of vanilla and yet your not drinking vanilla extract. Only the great chefs can pull this off. Cooks squeeze some lemon on a chicken breast and call it "lemon infused chicken". Not Luma, not ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to the hypeDiningOutIsMyHappyPlaceDined on 8/29/2014We booked for the Magical Dining experience so had a limited menu to choose from (which we knew) and added an additional appetizer. 2 of the 3 apps were FANTASTIC the 3rd was really oily (churros). Sadly this was the best course as the meal progressively lost flavor or excitement. I normally love desserts & eat them after every dinner (even at home) but I took one bite & put my spoon down. Our server kept rearranging our glasses & plates on our table while we ate which was weird & wasn't very knowledgeable, the server at the next table was amazing. We each ordered a cocktail and loved them. If I ever go back, it would be for drinks & appetizers.Special Features:
- Magical Dining at LumaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Luma does an amazing job putting out creative, delicious food, even when it's at a discount (Magical Dining Month). With MDM, you get an app, an entree & a dessert for $33. HINT: Ask for the menu. For apps, I was disappointed that what was listed on the MDM website either wasn't on the menu (Wedge Salad) or wasn't available (Tuna Tartar). Really?? We ended up getting the brown pear & onion soup (delish!) and the grouper churros (nothing special, incl. the sauce). I had the pan seared trout; hubby had the pork loin. Both were delicious & perfectly cooked + big portion on the pork. Desserts: salted caramel chocolate panna cotta & a creme fraiche cake, again, delicious. Ramona, our server, was excellent! All in all, a lovely meal as always.Special Features:
- Fabulous!CknorpDined on 8/27/2014Luma is a wonderful place for those who enjoy fresh, delicious, creative and locally sourced food. The vibe is modern yet comfortable. The bartenders & staff outstanding! Ask for Natasha or Rachelle. Excellent for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative cuisinecookie1Dined on 8/26/2014I enjoyed introducing friends to Luma this past week. The food is always innovative and delicious. The seafood was fresh and well prepared. Thank goodness we have a restaurant that reminds me of the ones in Portland, Oregon which use fresh ingredients and creativity.Special Features:
- Wonderful!EmilyDined on 8/26/2014The food, ambiance, and service were all impeccable! The locally sourced food was delicious and you could get it paired with half or full glasses of wine by their sommelier. I was also impressed that they not only called ahead of time of confirm my reservation but also called the day after our reservation to confirm everything went perfectly! I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical Dining MonthJordanDined on 8/26/2014Our group went to Luma on Park to take advantage of Magical Dining Month. We started in the bar for some cocktails and moved onto the dining room. The choices for each course were all appealing and excellent...the trout was the overall favorite entree in our group. Taste, presentation and ambiance were top notch. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice birthday dinner with friendsmtn32714Dined on 8/23/2014Came here with my 7 of my friends for my birthday dinner. We had a reservation at 9:30 which took about 20 or so minutes to get- the other table was finishing up. We got a drink at the bar while we waited which was very busy. It's a bit hard to find a place to stand around the bar. Besides that, once we were sat, the service was very good and the food was delicious. There were great options that were affordable and fun to share. The food came out in a very timely manner which was much appreciated since we had other places to go that evening. They recognized that it was my birthday and brought out a cute little custard dessert. Overall, a very enjoyable birthday dinner.Special Features: