21 North 17th Street
Richmond, VA 23219Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lulusrichmond.com/
- Phone: 8043439771
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 9 am-3 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, American
- Executive Chef: Neil Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our chef will prepare custom made menus to suit your every need for private parties, business lunches or intimate wine dinners.
- Entertainment: LuLu's hosts solo acts and bands several times a month.
- Cross Street: Main St.
- Public Transit: We are less than a block away from Main Street Station (Amtrak), and just over a block away from a bus stop on Main Street & 18th Street. To the Bottom and Back (2BNB) provides free bus service currently operating on continuous loops throughout the major arteries in the city from 6 pm to 3 am, Thursday-Saturday.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: * Bring small bills in case attendants do not have change. * Parking is free on 16th & 17th streets, Main Street, Franklin Street & Grace Street
A word from LuLu's
LuLu's is famous for its weekend brunch, which is served Saturdays from 10 am to 3 pm and Sundays from 9 am to 3 pm. Dinner is served on nights that we have entertainment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
LuLu's - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
LuLu's reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (33)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (12)great for lunch (6)special occasion (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- The Lobster Biscuit... Delicious!Sincere1981Dined on 10/5/2014Definitely my go-to place for weekend brunch and a generously sized mimosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014we came here for breakfast, and the food and everything was great. but they didn't have a kids menu or smaller portions that we could order, so we ended up sharing a breakfast, but i would have ordered something else for myself had my 5 year old been able to get his own meal.Special Features:
- Great Place to Show Off Your CityRoaminRoninDined on 10/4/2014I made a reservation for my mother, her best friend, and my teenage boy and I for Brunch. My mom had not been to Richmond in a year at least, and her friend had not been since the 60s. I wanted to point out what a fun town Richmond is. The old ladies want ambiance and mimosas, the teen wants a soda and a burger. Lulu's was filled with families and international med students in an open, breezy floor plan. The noise was at a solid conversational level. There was no TV and no musak blasting. Nobody was squeezing by us going to the bathroom like some brunch places in town. The food was awesome, fresh, and the menu was planned in a way that everybody could find something they wanted. One of the best visits we all have ever had.Special Features:
- OutstandingDjrjrVIPDined on 9/21/2014Great brunch. I had the Shrimp and Grits and a Bloody Mary. Both were excellent. We were visiting from out of town, and are so glad we found this place.Special Features:
- Great BrunchPaddlerDined on 9/14/2014It's now our favorite Sunday Brunch spot, beating out its relative, Millie's, although Millie's is still a special place. The country ham and the fried corn beef bene's are so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlantic Omelet is a must!MarkDined on 9/7/2014Went for brunch based on Yelp reviews. Not disappointed. The Atlantic omelet (lobster, crab, cheese and bacon) was amazing. Crazy good flavor. Generous mimosa and overall, decent pricing. $50 for two with 2 drinks and tip. Great section of town. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014The first time I went to Lulu's I was very impressed. However, on subsequent visits the food has diminished in taste and quality. I went this last time because we were taking my daughter out for her birthday and she requested to go to Lulu's. The food was horrible. My daughter ordered biscuits with gravy and the biscuits were not fully baked and the gravy and sausage were not very good; I could barely find the crab in my dish and the steak in my husband's tacos tasted old and was tough. It appears Lulu's is trying to cut on quality to save money.
- Fantastic brunchRVAfoodiesDined on 8/30/2014Went in a group of 6 for brunch. Great food, large portions. Food arrived quickly and our server was attentive. Will definitely be going again.Special Features:
- SatisfiedFoodiervaDined on 8/9/2014Great food great service but it can get a bit noisy in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014The food is great but they were completely understaffed. We had a 12:30 pm reservation and were not seated until 12:55 pm - and we basically seated ourselves. They needed twice as much front of the house staff.
- Good Time & Great FoodFoodie1Dined on 7/20/2014We invited some friends from North Carolina and we collectively enjoyed the food and service provided.Special Features:
- Fun, delicious and busyQpworttyDined on 7/13/2014Had brunch at Lulu's 7/13/13. Made reservation online at Open Table - was very busy. Atmosphere simple: brick walls, open kitchen, wooden tables. It was comfortable but the noise level is high. The food was delicious (bit too salty though). We ordered French toast with creme anglaise, fresh strawberries, an omelette with crab, an omelette with tomato, onion, avacado and cheddar. All were delicious. The egg dishes came with a side of roasted potatoes/peppers/onions which were seasoned and cooked perfectly except a bit too much salt. We were disappointed they didn't offer espresso but the drip coffee was good. We would definitely return to Lulu's if we visit Richmond again. The place has a nice vibe and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014Everyone really enjoyed their food and I really enjoyed the special shrimp cheddar and avocado omelet. Hope they add it to the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 169 reviews are from the LuLu's reviews archive.
- Love it!FoodieJunkieDined on 6/15/2014Lulu's food is great. They have the best strawberry French toast I have ever had and their red velve waffle is to die for. My only teeny tiny complaint is that the music was a little too loud. But that may have been more noticeable because this time there weren't ago of patrons in there. Other than that I simply adore Lulu's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousZaraVIPDined on 6/15/2014Excellent brunch and drinks. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchLovetoeatDined on 6/15/2014Wonderful choices for brunch but extremely loud. It was hard to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceBeachloverDined on 6/15/2014We went to Lulu's on Father's Day. We made reservations at 10:00, but showed up early and we were seated right away. The staff has a very friendly attitude. The service was quick and all explanations were given on any menu items, since it was our first time there. The food was great and we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sfisherDined on 6/14/2014Friendly service. Good menu. Good atmosphere. We had a great brunch experience at LuLu's. We will be sure to come back too this restaurant, and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunch202alexDined on 6/1/2014We went to Lulu's for brunch on June 1 ... it was an outstanding choice ... everything on the menu looked great ... went with a special, Atlantic Omelette (featured lobster, crab and bacon) ... could not have been better ... accompanied by some "spicy" home fries (Old Bay). Look forward to going back next time we're in Richmond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- debbieivVIPDined on 5/18/2014Amazing food..,amazing service..I will definitely go to LuLu's again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute brunch spotDccbDined on 5/18/2014Headed here for brunch last Sunday and had a pretty good time. Food was good, service was normal and pretty quick. Our table loved the red velvet waffles (obviously), and devoured biscuits and gravy, huevos rancheros and the chorizo frittata. For other diners, sit up in the front of the restaurant and not in the back. Restroom traffic was really heavy and it was a bit awkward trying to eat with people standing in line staring at you. If you can find a table up front, this place should not be missed!Special Features:
- Great Foodray23002Dined on 5/11/2014Took the family to Lulu's for Mother's Day. We had a reservation, but arrived about 30 minutes early. Still got seated right away. Food was excellent and the staff was friendly. Linda was great! Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their brunch!HAMBINODined on 5/11/2014I've come up to Richmond (over an hour drive) specifically for this restaurant several! I have their French Toast every time and then one of the brunch specials and I have never been even mildly disappointed. Took my mom this past Mothers Day and she loved it also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchJJH54Dined on 5/11/2014Went to LuLu's for brunch and entire family enjoyed their food. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuLu's for brunchTCMBDined on 5/10/2014Great place for brunch or lunch. Tried six different menu items and all were very tasty and had nice presentation. The red velvet waffle is a wonderful way to end the meal. I recommend reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music was great....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014That's really the only good thing I can say... the music was really great, food was not what we expected, drinks totally overpriced considering none of the bar money was going to pay the band...
- Earplugs mandatoryRVAWmVIPDined on 8/12/2012Sunday brunch. With reservation were seated in rear with traffic for restrroms one table away and facing a brick wall. Menu while lively with entertaining descriptions was not excitingly broad. Noise level over the top with eclectic music selections. Tall ceilings did little to temper ear splitting energy not of relaxing mood. Young lady at next table obviously had headache from being overserved the previous night and was holding her ears against noise level. Return? Think not.Special Features:
- Our favorite brunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2012Our favorite brunch place in Richmond, but it is always noisy. They need to turn the music down so people don't have to raise their voice to have a conversation.Special Features:
- We were greeted pleasantlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012We were greeted pleasantly and seated graciously for our 6:30 reservation. However,we were thrown off by the Shockhoe Bottom Restaurant Week tasting menu since it was a 3- course ,fixed price($30.00)one and we actually had had other plans for dessert.Unfortunately,I was not wowed by the courses offered,particularly my over cooked pork loin and meager tomato salad.If we had been able to order just as we had intended,I think the dining would have been more satisfactory.The five of us were out for an enjoyable evening with other entertainment ahead and we certainly had a nice time.The waiter was friendly and competent.However,I don't plan on a repeat visit as I have many other places to repeat or try out.
- This was our first time andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2012This was our first time and it was very enjoyable. It was recommended by our son Who joined us with his family. We celabrated his birthday. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Southern Seafood Menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2012Lulu's dinner menu is packed with great takes on tradiational Southern Seafood items. We started with Spinach and Crab Dip, which was excellent and made even better by the fresh flatbeard. For dinner we had the the Pumpkin Seed Encrusted Mahi Mahi and the Risotto with Shrimp. The risotto that came with both meals adds a great deal of balance and was very flavorful. Meanwhile, the pumpkin seeded crust of the Mahi Mahi gave it texture and additional flavor I had never had with Mahi Mahi. Also, the crab avocado salsa with the Mahi Mahi was unique and combination of good flavors. Note, the salsa is cold, which may throw you off if you were expected it to be warm. It is wonderful regardless. The service was fabulous!Special Features:
- Perfect Dinner for Girls' Night OutdogmomDined on 7/14/2012The grilled caesar salad and shrimp and grits were TO DIE FOR. The waitress was helpful and informative but not intrusive at all. Perfect girls' night spot!Special Features:
- The change in management meanteatout2niteDined on 7/7/2012The change in management meant a change in menu. Was different but still good.Special Features:
- Our group of 4 had never beenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012Our group of 4 had never been to LuLu's before. We all enjoy great food, wine, and discovering new restaurants. And we all agreed we'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Nice southern slantGeriDined on 6/29/2012A nice menu with a southern slant. Nice wine list.Special Features:
- One of Shockoe Bottoms 'best' !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012Nice wines, wonderful entrees and specials, and fantastic desserts...all amidst a simple ambiance with a musical background that doesn't drown out the conversation at the table...a truly enjoyable fare and wonderful evening!Special Features:
- This is our fourth visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2012This is our fourth visit to LuLu's for brunch since we found it. Every time the staff is super nice and very attentive. The food is incredible and wallet friendly. Between us we have covered 2/3rds of the menu and everything is wonderful. The biscuits and gravy and pimento grits are my two favorite things!! Great restaurant down by the farmer's market, so be prepared to search for parking.Special Features:
- Bad day or always like this?AnthomaniacVIPDined on 6/22/2012Disappointing first visit may be our only one. Only two wait staff for a totally full Friday lunch crowd. If kitchen was also understaffed, that would explain the long wait for messed-up orders. Maybe just a bad day?Special Features:
- We went for brunch on Father'sBMBSmittyDined on 6/17/2012We went for brunch on Father's Day. The specials were especially interesting and were nicely prepared and very tasty. Nice to have the convenience of reservations. We were quickly seated and served. Will be back again for Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/17/2012The only thing I can say about this place is EXCELLENT, SUBERB, OUTSTANDING & AMAZING!!! My cousin and I went here for brunch on Father's day, sans papas. The food was probably some of the best I ever had. It was flavorful, prepared to perfection. We bother had the lobster omelets’ and the french toast, delicious. I think I am going back to Richmond.Special Features: