219 S. Fourth St
Danville, KY 40422Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lulustavern.com/
- Phone: 8592382040x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Angela Martin, David Denny
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from LuLu's Tavern
Located in the heart of Downtown Danville, LuLu's Tavern is one of Central Kentucky's newest and hottest dining spots. Our lunch and dinner menus focus on farm to table items from throughout Kentucky to satisfy every appetite and budget. Sample our Kentucky Proud ribeye steaks, our delicious Atlantic salmon, or one of our farm fresh dinner salads. If a sandwich is more your style, try one of our 100% angus beef burgers, our black jack chicken, or our famous fried chicken sandwich served with hand cut fries or sweet potato fries. We also offer live music and entertainment most nights and a full bar with daily happy hours. Come on over and see us for a taste of quintessential Kentucky...LuLu's style!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LuLu's Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not like their Opentable profilePaulFDined on 7/24/2014Interesting menu displayed on Opentable ... when we arrived for dinner we were presented with a menu which just had a few sandwiches ! We enquired about the full menu & were told they no longer do this but they do have specials of meatloaf & fried fish. We left & went to Cue which was AWESOME. Opentable - you really shouldnt allow a restaurant to publish a menu which they no where near live up to
- Great service, Poor Quality FoodGlobalccmVIPDined on 6/26/2014I love the staff but the food was no good. This used to be Mermaid and had great food. Since new ownership the menu has gone down hill. I love the location because its close to my job. The house is adorable and has a great patio to sit outside. However, the food was very poor quality. I think everything was frozen and they just dropped it in a fryer. If they could get the menu together there is potential. The waitress and the manager were both EXCELLENT, afterall its not their fault. Take Notes whoever owns this restaurant, you may be out of business soon if you don't make some changes.
- The following 9 reviews are from the LuLu's Tavern reviews archive.
- Pleasant PlaceMacSueDined on 3/21/2014The service was good. The atmosphere was good, too. Unfortunately, the food wasn't so great. The steak was "OK", as well as the sides. The cod fish was just awful. I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't. There is so much potential for this place! Don't give up, just get better!
- Nice Find, would go again.lebkydineDined on 2/15/2014Was looking for something different to try out and came across this one on Open Table. Food was very good and service was great. Would definitely go again sometime.Special Features:
- Poor service starts with managementCoupleluv2eatDined on 2/14/2014The food was great but doesn't make up for the poor service. This is a direct reflection on management not on the wait staff. We waiting for 45 min to place our order, everyone in our location was enduring the same. I don't understand the delay that evening. Our waitress told us she hadn't been working there very long. That was NOT the problem. Where were the other people to assist her? Couldn't the hostesses or manager pour drinks, get salads, etc... If kitchen help was the problem couldn't it be remedied by additional staff? It seems that so much preparation went into ambiance, but none went into the logistics of a successful night.
- Horrible experienceNateAdamsDined on 2/14/2014After fifteen minutes to be seated despite having a reservation and being the only people in line, we were rudely greeted by a waitress that never once asked how we were doing or what we needed and never made eye contact with either of us. My steak was of the cheapest cut of meat, with blood vessels that were tangible and about 35% of the steak was grisly fat. My guest's "farm-fresh" chicken was clearly a Tyson patty that tasted like a freezer. We were never brought our salads that we paid for. We ordered our dessert to-go so we could quickly get out of this restaurant to try to save our evening. When we made it to the car, we discovered that the cheesecake was covered in the strawberries that we explicitly asked to not have. Never go here.
- Valentine's DaydiningcoupleDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant was packed which we expected. However, they were not prepared for the crowd. The service was extremely slow and the timing of the dishes was off and the food was just OK. We do plan to give the restaurant a second chance.
- best everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Lulu's did an awesome job at making my sons 21st birthday a great experience even though I made reservations for 21 and "only" 8 showed, due to terrible weather and the lowest temps this winter.They treated us as if we had 50. Outstanding service! Atmosphere was great as well. Thank you Lulu's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was pleasantly surprised.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014I was pleasantly surprised. There was a large group of us and we all got something a little different. Everything seemed tasty. I got one the entree salads. Can't remember which one. I think the one with chicken. Was a little disappointed in the size and amount of chicken, etc. for $10 but it was good. Our server was "pepy" and good thru out the entier meal until the very end. Took longer than it should have to get paid. Overall good experience though.Special Features:
- Needs Work!Lex2014Dined on 1/10/2014I'm hoping that the night my husband and I dined here was simply an off night as service was poor and the food was mediocre. A person at a table near us didn't eat his burger because it was charred black. Our order was brought to the table incorrectly, My husband ordered green beans and was brought a baked potato. I did not get the cole slaw that went with my order of ribs until I reminded the server. The ribs were not tender and were difficult to cut. On the good side - sweet potato fries were excellent and the cole slaw when it arrived was tasty. My husband's meal of pork chops, salad and green beans was good. It appears that LuLu's needs a little more time to get it's act together.
- A bit disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013We tried LuLu's since it was new. We loved the setting of the old house, and it was set up and decorated beautifully. However, the service was less than stellar. While the wait staff was friendly when they appeared, they didn't appear very often. We waited over 15 minutes just to get our initial drinks, and then probably another 15 minutes before our order was taken, and then probably another 20-30 minutes before our food arrived. The food, while being quite adequate in amount, tasted only mediocre - a little luke warm. We were glad that we chose the place for our small family gathering (5 of us), only because our main reason was for our company.Special Features: