816 Folsom St.
San Francisco, CA 94107Neighborhood:
ProvencalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantlulu.com/
- Phone: 4154955775x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - close, Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm - close, Light Menu: Monday - Friday: 2:30pm - 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: John Hennigan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site, full service catering is available. Call the 415-495-5775 ext. 203 for more information or email email@example.com.
- Special Events: Contact LuLu to plan for your next special event or private dining at 415-495-5775 ext.203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finders Keepers promo-50% off select wines daily.
Happy Hour Promo-50% off spirits, beer & wines by glass at bar 3-7pm daily.
A word from LuLu
Lulu offers a seasonal Provencal menu featuring wood fired oven, rotisserie and grilled specialties. The 'family-style' cuisine is served in an impressive warehouse dining space. LuLu features an award-winning wine list and a wine bar offering over 40 wines-by-the-glass. Located in the SOMA district, just one block from the Moscone Convention Center, Lulu is the ideal spot for lunch, cocktails or a festive dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LuLu reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (55)fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (28)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (10)romantic (9)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (7)late-night find (2)Show More
- We ordered small plates andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2008We ordered small plates and appetizers and they call came out at once. We would have preferred to have been asked and had them staggered. Some were cold by the time we got to them. Otherwise the service was fine.
- Good food and portion sizeTia99Dined on 3/17/2008Good food and portion size - came quickly - we all enjoyed it and will go back.Special Features:
- The waitress was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/16/2008The waitress was very good. The support for her wasn't as good. Clearing plates took awhile and we had to ask at times for them to clear away plates that we were done with. For a wine spectator award restaurant the wine service was poor. Our group had to poor our own wines which actually was ok but if I were with a smaller group I would expect more. At the end the waitress was with another large table and we felt alittle forgotten. They should have had someone else pick up the slack for her.Special Features:
- THE FOOD WAS GREAT, BUT OUROpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2008THE FOOD WAS GREAT, BUT OUR WAITER WASN'T VERY HELPFUL.
- I love LuLu. And, 2 commentsNancePHVIPDined on 3/15/2008I love LuLu. And, 2 comments for the chef: the salads are always dressed very heavily which is a draw back. I try to remember to ask for light dressing but do not always remember to. Also, the pork loin was very tasty but a tad overcooked. I still give the place very high marks.Special Features:
- Always a fabulous experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2008Always a fabulous experience. The mussels are to die for!!Special Features:
- We chose Zulu because we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2008We chose Zulu because we were pleased with our dining experience at Azie. The food was good, but not special. The ambience and space was very nice. I would want to come back and hang at the bar. I think they could have picked artwork that reflected their space better. Our waitress was very nice but recommended us a French wine that was not as she described. For a night cap, we went back next door to Azie.Special Features:
- Friday night's pork specialdineoftenVIPDined on 3/14/2008Friday night's pork special was great. All the service was really good and the best thing was that I'd mistakenly made the reservation for the wrong night and the hostess figured out how to fit us into a section that was not really meant to be open.Special Features:
- Has really gone down hill.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/13/2008Has really gone down hill. Wine bar was empty, dirty and service almost non existant- bartender has no knowledge of what he was pouring - and didn't even check the labels. Food was good but not great like it used to be. And certainly not for the price. For example- mashed potatoes tasted good but were surrounded by watery liquid (sitting too long?). Won't be back.
- Overall impression is goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/11/2008Overall impression is good and I'm a heavy user of LuLu. I would like to say one thing, it takes little bit too long for taking orders. I prefer they may take our order more quickly.Special Features:
- I went for a lunch duringOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/11/2008I went for a lunch during the work day. I've been here on a number of other occassions. The service was extremely slow. I ended up having to carry my main course with me. This was at 1pm so not the main peak of lunch hour. At any rate, I had hoped to host a business dinner here for 8 persons, but based on this lunch experience, I decided it would be best to not. Food is good. But I had to eat my lunch at my desk cold.
- The food was solid. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/8/2008The food was solid. We were disappointed by the braised beef short ribs, but the duck and pasta were delicious. Service was very friendly, we liked the ability to eat family style, and the ambience was very nice.Special Features:
- Well, this place used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/26/2008Well, this place used to be on my Top 10 List, no longer. Food is mediocre, service a bit careless and they need to work on the decor. They need to work on getting "hot" food to the table and do some actual training of the waitstaff so that they appreciate their guests. Also, if a guest brings their own wine, don't try and charge corkage to open the wine and never pour it, bad taste.
- It was good for lunch. ItsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/16/2008It was good for lunch. Its hard to get a cab to get back to work though.Special Features:
- Good to be seen there but not eatBongomaukaDined on 9/29/2007Went here for brunch one while at the convention at Moscone center. Was not impressed with the food though the baked goods were delicious. Of course the prices were very high but you're paying for the location, ambiance and style. I wouldn't come back for brunch but if someone were paying for dinner, I'd go again. If I had to pay, I'd pass.Special Features: