816 Folsom St.
San Francisco, CA 94107Neighborhood:
ProvencalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantlulu.com/
- Phone: 4154955775x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - close, Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm - close, Light Menu: Monday - Friday: 2:30pm - 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: John Hennigan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site, full service catering is available. Call the 415-495-5775 ext. 203 for more information or email email@example.com.
- Special Events: Contact LuLu to plan for your next special event or private dining at 415-495-5775 ext.203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finders Keepers promo-50% off select wines daily.
Happy Hour Promo-50% off spirits, beer & wines by glass at bar 3-7pm daily.
A word from LuLu
Lulu offers a seasonal Provencal menu featuring wood fired oven, rotisserie and grilled specialties. The 'family-style' cuisine is served in an impressive warehouse dining space. LuLu features an award-winning wine list and a wine bar offering over 40 wines-by-the-glass. Located in the SOMA district, just one block from the Moscone Convention Center, Lulu is the ideal spot for lunch, cocktails or a festive dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LuLu reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (52)fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (27)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (7)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (2)Show More
- Use to be Great!BenTheretooDined on 5/15/2014LuLU has been my favorite restaurant for years, but not this time. We got the halibut and it was over cooked and not by a little. The salad was all vinegar you could tell very little effort was put into it.
- Avoid LuLuTiluDined on 5/11/2014LuLu used to be a vibrant restaurant with good food, particularly the rotisserie. We had not been there for years. Our visit recently revealed a restaurant that clearly caters to out-of-towners--convention crowd--that is stuck around the convention center and will essentially pay any price for any food. The food was less than mediocre and prices outrageously expensive, even for San Francisco standard. This is a place to avoid for sure. There is only one upside: there are a lot of tables and the space is big. So you will find a table, but the question remains: why even go there?
- Mothers Day BrunchjobidonyouDined on 5/11/2014Went there for Mother's Day Brunch at 1pm. Had a reservation and was seated fairly quickly as the place was not full. They said they were full from 11-1. Kids liked many items on menu (daughter is vegetarian). She picked Tomato Soup. Kids shared Mac & Cheese and a Margherita pizza. My wife and I shared the Beet Salad and Chicken Sandwich. My daughter was "unimpressed" with the soup and we agreed. Tasted like jarred tomato sauce. They took it off the bill. The rest of the meals where pretty good though I felt the basil oil on the chicken sandwich made it messy to eat. We had the bread pudding and lemon crème brûlée. Bread pudding was very good. Crème brûlée had a huckleberry topping which was OK but a bit to much extra sourness.Special Features:
- Good food and spaciousRestauranteurVIPDined on 5/10/2014Cameron was an excellent server, the food was unique and tasty, we had a good time!Special Features:
- Great foodHayatoDined on 5/9/2014Every food were amazing. There are a lot of wines in the lists. And price were affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuLu is always a winHowardSFVIPDined on 5/5/2014I normally love a restaurant when they are consistent. LuLu is more than consistent, they are always improving and never a disappointment. New choices on the menu, but it isn't overwhelming. Everything is always fresh and delicious. There are plenty of diverse choices for varied palates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodFM99Dined on 5/3/2014We three shared three different entrees, a salad, & two desserts. Asparagus salad was excellent with new tastes and perfectly cooked asparagus. Rotisserie Chicken & Duck were moist, tender, & very tasty, with superb accompanying salads that incorporated some boiled potatoes and fruit. Our guest's salmon was also fine. Dessert was to die for, especially the memorable Meyer lemon creme brulee with huckleberries. Other dessert was fine, just not as spectacular. All in all, an excellent dining experience and a fun evening.Special Features:
- Exorbitant Wine ListHerbVIPDined on 5/3/2014Food and service were fine in a half-empty restaurant on a Saturday night; however the Wine List was vastly overpriced and would be a deterrent to ever returning! It seems the place must live off conventioneers from nearby Moscone Center...Special Features:
- Casual gemAnonymousDined on 5/3/2014Great for lunch or dinner before or after theatre or shopping. Walkable distance from Union Square. The bread served with the meal is worth the calories, fresh and delicious. The small plates are great for sharing. You get to taste lots of delicious dishes Good wine and cocktail list. The fresh corn soup was amazing. If I lived near by I would eat here every week.
- Loved Juan (our server)OldDoDoDined on 5/2/2014We arrived an hour early for our dinner reservation and the hostess was so sweet and accommodated us. ( I was starving after a crazy work week of no lunch and salad dinners at my desk.) Juan was wonderful and the entire staff very attentive. The pasta was divine....and we were just in Italy for my 50 birthday party so our taste buds now know the real deal. Our dinner compared with anything we had there. And of course, the chocolate cake is always the way to end the evening....even if Juan introduced the new dessert items. Was last at LuLu 13 years ago. Will not wait that long to dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still LuLu after all these yearsFlaneurVIPDined on 4/28/2014Twenty (?) years ago we visited newly-opened LuLu with friends who were also visiting San Francisco - they were East Coast restauranteurs and had heard the buzz about LuLu. I still remember the frito misto I had that night - fabulous. Fast forward: we're now living in San Francisco and racking our brains to remember the name of that restaurant. Lo, and behold, we walked into LuLu's and realized "This is it!" The food was a terrific as ever, the family-style service works well, the wait staff is attentive and friendly, and the menu reflects an intelligent take on what people both want and need today. We've gone back a few times since being "reunited" with LuLu, and since it's in the neighborhood, it's destined to become our regular spot.Special Features:
- Lulu remains solid and dependablefoodieDined on 4/21/2014Tho not exactly "cutting edge" anymore, Lulu remains a good, solid restaurant. Skillet roasted mussels and the portobello mushrooms with polenta were shared and enjoyed. My guest had a beef entree (I forget which one), I had salmon. My salmon was very tasty and was served with perfect polenta, charred spring onions and broccolini. My guest has celiac disease and our server was extremely helpful as she navigated the menu to make appropriate choices. If he wasn't sure if a certain dish had wheat, he was quick to find out the answer. We both enjoyed our dinner and will return when the opportunity arises.Special Features:
- Love the MusselsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/14/2014Excellent lunch spot, and the skillet mussels were absolutely wonderful. They forgot some of our special requests and had to be asked for water twice, but other than that, great lunch.Special Features:
- unsatisfiedunsatisfiedDined on 4/12/2014the food server was horrible and not attentive. It is not worth the food to endure bad service, she was so noticeably bad people at a near table even commented on her.
- Get the pork loinAlfieVIPDined on 4/11/2014Loved the food and the recommendations from the waiter. He was really helpful. The pork dish was very flavourful. I could definitively visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the theater...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/5/2014Eight of us including an 8 year old for an early dinner on a Saturday. Seated quickly, cocktails ordered, accommodating late arrivals with ease. Pork loin, rosemary chicken, duck, mac and cheese, calamari, steamed mussels, and a dozen oysters. Everything was excellent! We had plenty of time for dessert and cocktails...no rushing, no fussing, just great food. Because of the family style service, which was thoughtfully explained before we ordered, everyone got to try a little of everything...a great group experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking a problemLC52VIPDined on 4/4/2014This is a wonderful restaurant but the big issue was no parking. The sign said they have valet service but when we got there at 5:45 I guess they hadn't started yet. Valet should start as soon as the restaurant opens. Be prepared for a long walk otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant surpriseHomerVIPDined on 3/31/2014The food was outstanding, especially the sauces, and the portions were generous. We enjoyed our meal with flights of wine for variety. It was a warm and friendly place all around. Great choice!Special Features:
- Reliable GemMilfordDined on 3/28/2014I've gone to LuLu for years and almost every visit has been has been winner with guests. A great menu for any occasion from birthdays, visitors from out of town, or because it's Tuesday. Staff is trained well, accommodating, and friendly without being cloying.Special Features:
- Tasty, interesting foodHeleneDined on 3/22/2014We went to this open hearth restaurant with a group of friends: vegetarians and omnivores alike. Everyone found food they enjoyed and shared as this food is served " family style". Environment was lively. Service quick and friendly. We will return. And my nickname is Lulu (no relation).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food, service and wine!DC415Dined on 3/21/2014brought some friends from out of town to LuLu's for the first time and had an amazing experience. every dish was delicious and we really loved the family style sharing at LuLu's because we all got to taste everything! from the delicious prosciutto pizza, to the appetizer clams, to the tender and savory rotisserie chicken, to the scrumptious and decadent warm chocolate and bread pudding desserts ... delicious to the last bite. the wine selection is also expansive, and the cocktails creative. can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/21/2014I walked in expecting a nice meal because the decor is impressive, but the food was not good. I ordered pork cooked over a spit. It was dry to the point of being crunchy and hard to eat. My fiance ordered sherry at the end of the meal and it had turned sour. I will not return unless I accidentally walk in on a trip to zero zero.
- Great service. WonderfullyHappyDined on 3/16/2014Great service. Wonderfully tolerate to people sitting and chatting for hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lulu's used to be fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014Lulu's used to be fantastic food. What happened? The quality of the food was poor and the service was poor. Too badSpecial Features:
- Lulu's is lovelyHatenoisyDined on 3/12/2014Really fun food experience. Love the room. Spacious. Noise level is nice for listening and talking. We will go back again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicely preparedAdinerDined on 3/11/2014Lulu is always a satisfying experience... The space is good looking, the food is good and the service is fine.Special Features:
- Old friend still topsMomsMumblyDined on 3/11/2014The Area of Folsom in the 6th - 4th Street strip is jammed with new bars and restaurants, but LuLu's is still a favorite. Knowledgeable staff, excellent food and a great wine list, especially when you want to try something different. Convenient for anything in the Moscone-Yerba Buena area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza's delicioushanayaVIPDined on 3/1/2014I went with a girl friend of mine, and we ordered 2 pizzas: one with pear, honey, and arugula and the other spicy prawn with pesto. The pizzas sounded unique and interesting, but the taste was even more fabulous. The food was amazing and we ate to our stomache's content. We had 4 pieces to take home, but the portion was perfect for us two hungry girls.Special Features:
- Great Service!FloridaJadeDined on 2/26/2014We had a lunch reserveation for a party of 6 that grew to 9 when we arrived at the restaurant, and LuLu's was able to accommodate us even though it was packed during a busy conference week. Considering how busy they were, we were astonished on how fast they delivered our food to us, piping hot and tasty!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/20/2014The large dining room ensures that you can hold a conversation over lunch without yelling at one another or without having to whisper. The staff always seems to understand the pace required at each table and the cadence of visits is perfectly timed. The menu never disappoints and the Roasted Chicken and warm potato salad were as consistent as ever. The portion was so generous that there were leftovers. The Tomato/Basil soup appetizer could have been the primary meal and my lunch mate had diner's remorse for not joining me in the Meyer Lemon soda.Special Features:
- We had six in our party plusmelleneVIPDined on 2/16/2014We had six in our party plus three were children. They offer enough selection that we all ate well. Two had the prime rib and several of us had the vegetable entrée plus salmon. We started with the great oysters. Shared a bottle of Margaux and ended with a flourless chocolate torte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Um-yume415Dined on 2/15/2014Moms choice for her bday. Great service and good food. Hake could you mad at? We definitely weren't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Romantic roomLaurentDined on 2/14/2014We've been place in the quiet romantic room, so it was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great warm setting setting. Food was excellent. A San Francisco stapleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, marginal serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014Our Valentine's dinner was very special. Cream of squash soup was very flavorful. Roasted mussel small plate was equally good. My wife and I shared everything. The grilled salmon was perfectly cooked and very tasty. We shared the aromatic whites wine flight, which is a 2 oz taste of each of four very nice wines, from Napa, France, Italy, and Austria, a wonderful contrast of flavors. The desserts were perhaps the most memorable part of the meal. My chocolate croissant bread pudding with bourbon was spectacular. While the meal was memorable, the service was less than that, with our attendant surprisingly remote with long wait times for each stage of our meal. Perhaps Valentines Day was a stress, but they were still not full.Special Features:
- Don't sit in the "extra" roomPianoManVIPDined on 2/14/2014We've been to Lulu's before and enjoyed the ambiance of the regular dining room. When we arrived on Valentines day with a reservation, of course, they lead us toward their "extra" room which has NO ambiance. We asked to be seated in the regular dining room and we were, but with some attidude and reluctance. On your reservations ask to be seated in the regular dining room. The Calamari appetizer should have been called stewed tomatoes and peppers as their really wasn't much calamari.. The drink menu was outstanding as were the drinks. Wine flights we feel are a bargain- had the bordeaux but they all came from california - but were very good. Duck Pizza was outstanding. Rosemary Chicken was a bit dissapointing. Bread pudding is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!renodeanVIPDined on 2/13/2014My first time in there. The food was great and so was the service. Had some co-workers that went there a couple of other nights and they loved it as well.Special Features:
- Great option near MosconeEJL500Dined on 2/11/2014We had a group of 8 for a business dinner. The food was very, very good! Ideal place near the Moscone center to take customers or guests. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuLu, good food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2014We received bad service from a waitress with serios attitude problems.
- not impressesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014orders were wrong, bus boys rude, food not great, lemon soda way too sweetSpecial Features: