Lulu Dine Wine
1911 Central Ave
Charlotte, NC 28205Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Lulu Dine Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luludinewine.com/
- Phone: 7043762242
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch : Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Southern, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Fabrice Di Nonno
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events:
A word from Lulu Dine Wine
Lulu Dine Wine, the cure for the common menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lulu Dine Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
- We wanted to try a new placeMichaelDined on 3/31/2013We wanted to try a new place so I picked this Lulu Dine Wine. Server was knowledgable, pleasant, attentive, and made this a nice brunch for Easter. Food choices we picked were very good and the menu was not overwhelming with too many items. Limited menu made sense.Special Features:
- Cramped space ruined our experienceMiltonVIPDined on 3/30/2013The food was delicious! My finace could not stop raving about the duck! However, the tables were too cramped into the space for our comfort. The place must be popular because by 6:30, every table and seat was full in the front room of the house. So in order to reach a corner table, the server was literally leaning over our table or sticking her rear in our faces each time she walked by. (Not her fault by any means, just the layout of the tables.) That detracted from our experience, felt very claustrophobic! Not sure we would return unless it was an 'off' time.Special Features:
- Very much enjoyed being servedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2013Very much enjoyed being served by Jenny. Her personality and service are wonderful! Had the pork chop. A little dry but full of flavor. Great time!Special Features:
- Great restaurant near Ovens AuditorHazelvllDined on 3/24/2013I chose Lulu due to its proximity to Ovens Auditorium, since I was attending a play at 7pm. Our reservations (for 6 guests) were at 5pm. The staff was welcoming and very accommodating for our time requirements. The food was great, with a very nice wine selection. I would certainly recommend Lulu highly!Special Features:
- Lovely Dinner at Lulu!ClemsonGirlDined on 3/24/2013We ate at Lulu's prior to attending a play at Oven's Auditorium. I picked it purely based on the location and the menu. We really enjoyed dinner. The food was very good and our server asked us - and every other table nearby - if we were attending the play. If the answer was yes, she immediately would point out items on the menu that might take too long. I asked her what she recommended and she had several recommendations and not a one of them was the most expensive item...that was nice to see. I had Steak Frites and my husband the Paella. It was very good and I would go back...best of all, it was about 5 minutes from Ovens.Special Features:
- Very pleased with our experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/23/2013Very pleased with our experience. Wanted to try out LuLu for a friend's birthday celebration and it was everything I was looking for. I don't recall our servers name, but she was a delight. She was extremely helpful and knowledgable of the food & wine menus. We will be back again very soon for the portuguese mussels.Special Features:
- The food was decent, I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/23/2013The food was decent, I had higher expectations, probably need salt the proteins better. I think this place will be good for brunch versus dinner!Special Features:
- We were sat immediately withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013We were sat immediately with our reservation time but kitchen ran incredibly long. It was an hour from seating to eating, causing us to be late for our play. Luckily, the food was so good I will return again in hopes of enjoying dessert next time.Special Features:
- My wife and I have been toLuv2EatDined on 3/23/2013My wife and I have been to LuLu several times, for dinner and brunch, and we have always come away impressed and quite satisfied. The same goes for the close friends or family members that we had join us on each occasion. It is a "find" that the everyday person would not recognize or know about, and to be a little selfish, it might be better that way - leaving LuLu to those who really appreciate it and can expand the place's business through word of mouth. Great place that has everything.Special Features:
- Dreadful duck & swimming salmonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2013I had heard great things about the place but when we arrived I had a feeling we weren't going to enjoy it. The restaurant is very small and you will sit right next to other customers. Because of the small size, it's not great for conversation since you can't hear anything. Once seated, the waitress informed us the fryers were down so the menu was limited. It then took about 15 minutes to order a drink. Once we looked over the menu and decided, the waitress the decided to tell us about the specials. When our food came out, the duck I ordered was over cooked and tasted like a flavorless chicken leg, complete with soggy skin. My wife's salmon salad was still swimming and flavorless as well. Definitely wont recommend.
- My girlfriend and I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2013My girlfriend and I went for the first time before a show at Ovens, and were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. The cool setting in the back lounge has made us wanting to take a small group the next time. Food was real fresh and presentation was perfect. Highly recommend LuLu'sSpecial Features:
- Went there before "Wicked"WyliegatorVIPDined on 3/15/2013Went there before "Wicked" on Friday night. The service and food were very good. The portions are rather large so keep that in mind when ordering. A crying toddler was the only drawback.Special Features:
- No more garlic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013The mussels were delicious with a nice fresh crusty bread served on the side. The roasted chicken had a perfect crispy skin and a light garlic flavor, but it was sered with creamed greens that were saturated with garlic chunks. Why? But, other than that I enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Just ok!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Overall our dining experience was just ok. A little disappointing that they we're out of the whole fish since we don't eat meat. We ordered the mussels and they we're really good. The calamari was also really good. The french onion soup was good but way too hot. It took a good 10 minutes to cool down enough to eat. Our server wasn't the friendliest, service could have been better.Special Features:
- Had the mussels; best we'veChuckDined on 2/14/2013Had the mussels; best we've had since a trip to Belgium.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/2/2013I elected Lulu for my birthday dinner based on the glowing reviews from diners at Open Table. I ordered the steak frites and my husband the duck. My steak was fatty and overcooked and my husband said the duck was just "OK." In line with the food, the service was "Just OK." Not necessarily bad, but not good, either. My husband even mentioned to our waitress that it was my birthday and she said nothing...not even a cordial "Happy Birthday." Given the reviews from others, my husband and I wonder if we hit Lulu on an off night, but we won't be rushing back anytime soon.Special Features:
- I have eaten at LuLu for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013I have eaten at LuLu for dinner and the food was fantastic! I ordered the BLT and fries. Fries were excellent but the bacon on the sandwich did not seem freshor WARM! Very disappointed. Might possibly give them one more chance. The waitress was excellent!!!
- We highly recommend Lulu WineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2013We highly recommend Lulu Wine and Dine. Perfect food, atmosphere, and service. Open on Sunday, it was the perfect place to land after flying across country all day. Will definitely seek it out next time I'm in Charlotte, NC.Special Features:
- Moules were great, duck wasRLKCharlotteDined on 1/18/2013Moules were great, duck was great and the staff very friendly. The fries were delicious. We had a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Crowded Sunday EveningCLTdinerVIPDined on 1/13/2013Apparently, Lulu gets a lot of Ovens Auditorium event traffic, as it was a full house Sunday night. And given the unseasonably warm weather, it was warm in the restaurant as well -- esp. in the bar area. That said, the servers worked well to keep everyone happy and on-schedule. Unfortunately, they were out of mussels, so I opted for the paella. Lots of flavor in that dish, and each protein was cooked perfectly. A surprisingly good dish. My fiancee had the roasted branzino. It would have been nice if the staff filleted it for her, but that was a minor inconvenience. The fish was delicious and full-flavored. The hericot verts were also great. The only weak link was dessert: the bread pudding was just so-so. All in all, a great meal.Special Features:
- Food was great. We had toOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/12/2013Food was great. We had to wait a long time for our food, but it was worth the wait. I would definitely go back but would be concerned if i had to be someplace after dinner as it did seem to take a while.Special Features:
- Not our first time eatingAnni2014VIPDined on 1/12/2013Not our first time eating here and was still very good. The duck is one of my favorite dishes and I enjoyed it again. My wife tried the chicken for the first time and liked it but commented it she liked the steak she had the time before better. Service was good because of the knowledge of the wine list and foods, but for a small spot we didn't see our waitress very often. We had a bottle of wine with dinner and our waitress never came back to do the refilling of the glasses. Desserts were very good, but I still wish they offered espresso and cappucino instead of just coffee. We will still come back when a show is at Ovens Auditorium.Special Features:
- Lulu is a lulu!LDQuinnVIPDined on 1/11/2013Lulu was, once again, absolutely magnificent. We had been there for brunch twice and felt compelled to see if their dinner performance would excel as well. And, indeed it did! We had olives and a cheese plate for appetizers and both were wonderful, especially the cheese selection. We lingered over these two for quite some time with no pressure to move on to the next course. For entrees, we had mussels done two different way, both of which were outstanding - sweetness personified! We also had an entre of duck, which was marvelous. I was there and I will be back again! Plus, every person who works there is exactly what they should be - marvelous service all around!!!Special Features:
- Food was good as always.LewisVIPDined on 1/10/2013Food was good as always. We had informed them on the reservation that we had a curtain call to make and they were ready for us when we arrived. got out right on time.
- I had a french pasta alfredoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/8/2013I had a french pasta alfredo that was WONDERFUL.....rich but not sticky. My wife had a salad w/ seared ahi tuna. Tuna was overcooked and dry so we cannot recommend it. All in all a great place to dine and enjoy some fun food w/ French flair.Special Features:
- Stellar as UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/4/2013Another stellar performance from my favorite restaurant in Charlotte. The service was unbelievably wonderful, and the Croque Madame was perfect as usual.Special Features:
- Fool me once...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/31/2012First, the positives. The DINE. The food was mostly great. We ordered the mussels and split the duo of duck. Mussels were great. The duck confit was very dry, but the duck breast was beautifully cooked and tender and the risotto was positively delicious. Where Lulu's went wrong was the WINE. We were told that they were out of two of their reds, so from the remaining wines we chose the Puerto Viejo, which they were ALSO out of. Anyway, the waitress returned with what she called a comparable "French Pinot Noir", a bottle of Stonehedge, a 'Wine Product of the U.S.A.' as stated on the label. I expected more from Lulu, possibly because the word 'WINE' is in the name of their restaurant. Perhaps a mistake, but hard not to feel we've been had.
- This is our fourth time hereFrankDined on 12/31/2012This is our fourth time here for dinner and it's never wavered as far as food and service goes, we have never been disappointed. Staff is friendly and attentitive to your needs,the menu selection is great. Thanks for giving my family a wonderful New Years Eve.Special Features:
- Christmas Eve was our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Christmas Eve was our first visit to Lulu's. The food was fantastic. We checked out the brunch menu, looks fantastic, we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good French FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2012Best fresh seafood I have had in Charlotte, enjoyey my Creme brûlée too.Special Features:
- DisappointedCLTdinerVIPDined on 12/6/2012Went to Lulu for a light dinner, and was disappointed with the meal. The frites, as usual, were great. But the salad composee was lackluster -- cold, dry chicken, canned beats. While the mix of ingredients could be interesting and flavorful, the execution was lacking. My fiancee had the french onion soup, which was good but very salty (and we like salt). We'll chalk it up to an off night in the kitchen and look forward to a better meal next visit.Special Features:
- Have been several times andLewisVIPDined on 12/5/2012Have been several times and been very pleased with the restaurant. However, for my first lunch, I found the service to be very slow. The restaurant was not at all crowded so that was not a factor. Overly liesurely does not work for lunch, however.
- I thought the service wascharlieDined on 12/3/2012I thought the service was less than one would expect, not many people in the place and took to long to get a glass of wine and also bread. I had the Salmon and it was a very small portion. I must say that the food was good but again my portion was very small. The wait staff would come in the dining area for another table an not make eye contact with the other tables?
- A quiet dinner on a Thursday night.CLTdinerVIPDined on 11/29/2012The mussels Portuguese-style were fantastic. The frites, as always, were delectable. The 'Asian love' sauce with the frites wasn't quite what my fiancee and I remembered, but it was good. She also had the Central Stack. The fried green tomato and fresh mozz were great together, but the ham was a little tough to cut and we'd have been fine with its omission. Service is friendly but not obtrusive. We'll be back.Special Features:
- This was my first visit, andLindaVIPDined on 11/20/2012This was my first visit, and I was impressed with Lulu's overall. The food was inventive and delicious. The atmosphere was quiet and great for conversation. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- LuLu's excellent dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012LuLu Dine and Wine is suitable for just about any occasion. This was our first time dining at LuLu's and we loved every aspect from the food to the atmosphere and the wait staff. If we are ever in Charlotte we will dine here again.
- We had a great time at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2012We had a great time at this restaurant. Our waitress was very nice and frequently came to check on us. I was disappointed in the food. Everything is a la carte and we all ordered NY strip steak dinners. The cut of meat was a poor quality and was mostly fat in all four steaks.Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourFBBReviewsDined on 11/9/2012We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The mussels are outstanding, and a deal too! I'm never disappointed going to LuLu's.Special Features:
- Waitress did not know theartshellVIPDined on 10/28/2012Waitress did not know the ingredients in the dishes very well.Special Features:
- Our service was great, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2012Our service was great, the food was good but not outstanding. We were not pleased that a coupon we bought from Charlotte Daily Deals inconspicuously notes that it couldn't be used on Fri or Sat nights. That's really bad customer service, & probably will prevent us from a return visit to Lulus.