Lulu California Bistro
200 S. Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Lulu California Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lulupalmsprings.com/
- Phone: 7603275858
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday: 8:00am - 10:00pm Friday and Saturday: 8:00am - 11pm (bar & Happy Hour til midnight)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please e-mail Willie Rhine at email@example.com
A word from Lulu California Bistro
At Palm Springs newest and hippest restaurant, Lulu California Bistro combines talent, expertise and a passion for great food to produce a captivating California Bistro dining experience. Our menu options are many, varied and value-priced, and the quality is always high. Our generous portions are prepared with the freshest ingredients available and a dash of innovation from our award-winning chefs. Freshly baked bread and decadent desserts are made in-house daily, and are perfectly complimented by a cappuccino, latte or an endless pot of coffee. At our exciting bar area, we feature the desert's best Happy Hour – all-day, all-night, 12-hours long!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Lulu California Bistro - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Lulu California Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (123)great for outdoor dining (113)good for groups (103)great for lunch (92)vibrant bar scene (91)great for brunch (89)neighborhood gem (88)special occasion (78)fit for foodies (58)scenic view (39)romantic (33)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (27)notable wine list (17)Show More
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014As always, Lulus is a great place to meet friends and family. Food is excellent, prices same. Strategically situated to allow for " people watching " Perfect spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerRuthlasVIPDined on 8/30/2014As usual, we pre ordered a booth with a view. We were not disapointed with the drinks, food or service! Our waiter JR was ON IT !!Special Features:
- Noisiest EverJimmyGeeDined on 8/30/2014Food and service were excellent, as usual, but the noise level was so intense we (a party of four) couldn't hear each other unless we shouted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ObieDined on 8/30/2014I did not give the restaurant 5 stars because of an incident that happened with the hostess. We checked in a few minutes before 6 with the hostess. There were a few other couples waiting and she told us to wait a minute. Well, 4 other parties without reservations walked in. One with 4 people like us and another with 5 people. Bothe parties were seated before us. When I brought this to the attention of the hostess, she acted rather "snotty" and still did not sit us for another 5 minutes. There was plenty of seating upstairs and there was no reason for her to have made us wait over 15 minutes to be seated, especially when we had reservations. I only wish I could have gotten her name as everyone else there was very pleasant.
- A Rare Off NightsagewoodVIPDined on 8/28/2014We have been here dozens of times for dinner. It is usually spot on. Good service, Good Food, Great Atmosphere. Tonight, there must have been new kitchen staff that was not paying very good attention. The salads, normally excellent, looked like they had been flung on the plate, and had minimal dressing. A huge pork chop that we have ordered often is usually served with some nicely sauteed apples and a hint of maple glaze. Always wonderful. Until tonight. What we were served was drowned in syrup, and no apples in sight. Vegetables were excellent. Also ordered Barbecued Ribs. Quite disappointed both in quantity and quality. Something was off tonight. I really hope this is the exception. Been here so many times, and it is great.Special Features:
- Oh, what a night...xxxxxVIPDined on 8/27/2014All going beautifully when one of our guests became ill...unrelated to the restaurant and meal. Staff were OUTSTANDING and 911 arrived within two minutes!! Just ANOTHER reason to LOVE this place!! All ended well...will be back at Tropicale again and again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeLuvtodineDined on 8/26/2014This place has a good fun vibe. They have the best gluten free menu I have ever seen and cater to people with food issues. The staff is very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lulu's for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent food per usual. Service a little slower than usual but still good. I dine at Lulu's frequently due to friendly staff and awesome food!Special Features:
- Always good - Usually not greatSNAFlyBoyDined on 8/21/2014Lulu is a perfect location to enjoy the energy of downtown Palm Springs. I always take my out of town friends there. The $19.95 three course dinner is a great value, but the food is generally average. The one item that is consistently "stand out" is the pork chop. The wait staff is always pleasant, and usually fairly prompt. They could certainly benefit from some training to avoid the "food auction" when delivering the food. Any good restaurant staff should know who gets what without having to "auction" the food to find out who gets each plate. I will continue to patronize this restaurant, but hope they can step it up a notch to insure a long and successful future.Special Features:
- Great Breakfast!markVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went here on a recommendation for breakfast. It was excellent. Lots of options, the standards, and some variety (e.g. crepes), and all of the food was excellent. It was so good that we returned the next day again for breakfast. The service was good - very friendly and pleasant atmosphere. Great patio. Good cocktails. Go and enjoy! We will be back!Special Features:
- A bit let downzozobraDined on 8/16/2014I had eaten at Lulu's about three years ago and really loved it. It seems like the kitchen isn't up to their previous standards. We ate with a party of six and no one was really pleased with their dinner. I had the three courses for $19. Dinner, which was a great price. The mushroom soup that started the meal was amazing, the pasta course was just bad, a huge glob of cheese. Don't think we will be rushing back. Maybe for mushroom soup.
- Enjoyable!drrobdcDined on 8/16/2014Did not know what to expect. The service was wonderful. The food was very good. We had a wonderful time and look forward to another vst.Special Features:
- Always a great meal hereMarcassoVIPDined on 8/16/2014I've never had a bad meal or service here. I can always expect great food and the waiters are all so nice and very efficient. Making the reservation on open table always assures I get right in.Special Features:
- HaluebVIPDined on 8/11/2014We were at this restaurant shortly after they opened and we ended up leaving before we ordered. We bit the bullet and went back and they have fixed all the issues and we had a great evening. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/10/2014I was expecting a lot more of my food and experienced based on what I read on Yelp. I felt all the dishes we had was missing something. It was just okay.
- Lots of AttitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014Left waiting at the front despite a reservayion then waiting long enough at the table that we finally grabbed bus person and asked if we actually had a waiter. The service here was not good. The atmosphere was pretentious but the quality of food was quite good so maybe this was a bad night. One more try is called for.
- Summer is not as busyDannyCDined on 8/9/2014We always love visiting LuLu whenever we come to use our vacation home in Palm Springs. We had a reservation and were given a nice booth for our party of 4. We did arrive about 15 minutes early and that may be why our server was a little slow on the draw. The runner was there with water right away, but we had to wait a good 15 minutes to place our drink and appetizer order. This became irritating especially when we observed other parties being seated with their respective serves and served drinks before our server even arrived at our table. We certainly understand when a server may be overloaded, but just a quick acknowledgement usually will do the trick. Food was outstanding and once the server found his groove, the evening was pleasant.Special Features:
- Always a fun time at LULU'sCCTimDined on 8/8/2014Love meeting for lunch at Lulu's...food, service and value are always tops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all delish at LulusocalfoodieDined on 8/7/2014My teen and I dined at Lulu this week--not our first time and definitely not our last. We love to dine at Lulu when we visit the Palm Springs street fair and especially love the outdoor patio for entertainment and people watching. Using Open Table to book our reservation ensured that our table was available on time, and next to the misters, as we requested. The menu is varied and each time we have found our entrees to be quite tasty. My daughter's favorite is the chilled vichyssoise and for dessert, the decadent flourless chocolate cake. I enjoy the seafood and salad entrees, and the fresh hot rolls are a nice touch. Service was excellent and our waiter kept the iced-tea glasses full, on a hot summer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice looking but 1980s menuEmsyVIPDined on 8/3/2014Nice looking restaurant, fantastic orange juice but that is far as we went. If you are looking for an outdated menu this is the place to go!Special Features:
- Worse every time we go!SteveDined on 8/2/2014We have dined at LuLu many time, right from when they opened. The food is consistently OK, not great. It's like a factory, the servers are not very personable and you always feel rushed and pushed to give up your table. It's VERY touristy! As part time residents, we are going to stop coming here, it's best for out of towners who think it's a cool place. The other issue lately are bacholerette parties, groups of women, often 5-6 different ones at once. They get drunk and loud and can ruin the dining experience.
- Lulu is SoSoVegastravelerDined on 8/1/2014Food is banquet style with plates prepared in advance and kept under heating source till served- plates are extremely hot. Price fix option is a good deal if you don't mind the banquet style serving... Restaurant is popular and pretty to look at, but unfortunately for LuLu, this beauty is only skin deep....
- Love coming hereMarcassoVIPDined on 8/1/2014We used Open Table at the last minute and walked right it and they sat us down ahead of lots of other people who were there with no reservations. Thank you! The food was great as always as was the service. Never had a bad experience at this wonderful gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdministratorShaggyDined on 7/30/2014Service was extremely slow. We rarely saw Jessica, our waitress. I didn't have salad dressing on my mised greens and couldn't get the waitress. Also unappetizing to see our waitress fill the paper goods in the restroom while she was still serving us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014We LOVE going to Lulu's. We go every time we are in town. They never disappoint. Our food was great and the servers are very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceBubbaDined on 7/26/2014I came here with a group of 8 and overall the food and ambiance were great. We were seated in a timely manner and our waiter greeted us soon after being seated as well. The service was poor! Our waiter took half of our groups drink orders before leaving, the food took a long time, and our plates weren't cleared! Our plates had to have sat 20 minutes before being picked up. In addition, I went to the bar to get a special drink ordered for a friend at the table. The bartender charged twice and then served the drink to us at the bar. We reminded him we ordered it to be delivered to the table. He argued with us then as we started to take it to the table ourselves, told us we couldnt! We canceled our entire order and spoke with the manager.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceevieDined on 7/26/2014The food is pretty fair/good. The service we had was very poor. The server was not attentive and she would forget our requests and took more than 30 mins to come take our order. The management team was awful as well. apologized for the poor service but made excuses for everything. Not good service at all, but if you don't mind waiting long for your food, then the food is pretty good.Special Features:
- Bar great, food so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014I always like to go to a restaurant more than once before solidifying my opinion about them. This was the second time I went to LuLu's in a group of 4. So I've tasted at least 8 items on the menu and we all agreed that the food is average. We sat upstairs for dinner and the staff was constantly moving tables and chairs around us both times. If you are on a budget or in a group, the Prix-fixe menu is cost effective, but again, the food is average at best. On a positive note: the Bar was fun, had better prices than the restaurant, and great service. If I go back again I would either stay in the bar or wait for a table outside. It is located in a very good spot in Downtown and walking distance to many sites, attractions and hotels.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014We were in town celebrating our anniversary. The food was terrific, but the service not so much :( Our server kept forgetting about us. I am not one to complain, but we were neglected and may have ordered more. I spoke to the manager (Francisco) and he apologized saying there was no excuse for what happened....he actually gave us 20% off our check. I would recommend Lulu's for sure for the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Palm Springs find!Elf13Dined on 7/26/2014Good food and great service. Fun atmosphere. Would definitely recommend to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- psluvsDined on 7/25/2014I have always enjoyed Lulu's. The restaurant, the food and the ambience when it's not too crowed and more intimate. Every dish I've tried was excellent. The choice of wines and drinks is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Good foodilikebeerDined on 7/19/2014Great experience! Our table was ready immediately and this place was hopping!! Service was fantastic and our food was ready so quickly! Will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Entertaining locationJDiggzDined on 7/18/2014Lulu's is situated in a great corner in downtown Palm Springs. It's a hip place to be right now and has a lovely bar scene. Food was good but not great. But definitely a spot to check out if you're in downtown Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014I guess I expected more . The service was good , may e too many people involved, I think we had like 5 different people handling our table Which sometimes can result in confusion and lack of communication.We asked for a second serving of bread 4 times . The waiters were on point when it came to refills drinks tho. The soups were ok, kinda small for the price, I expected more like a plate than a small bowl. My ahi tuna tartare wrap was bland . I think kinda expensive for what it is .Special Features:
- happyokDined on 7/18/2014We had an excellent time and excellent meal. We were seated immediately in the location we had requested. Very nice overall.Special Features:
- One of our desert favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/11/2014Lulu remains one of our favorites places in Palm Springs for great food and atmosphere. The servers are consistently efficient and friendly. The menu always has something new for us to try. And there's no better place to people watch than their patio. We'll be back again and again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "In" spot in Palm SpringsdudealDined on 7/11/2014This seems to be a very popular place. I went twice and it was full both times. The first night I went with my husband and sat upstairs. It was enjoyable. My husband ordered veal pot roast and he said it was very good. I had eggplant parm and it was somewhat overcooked. It didn´t bother me but it is noit the usual NY style eggplant parm I´m used to have. The second night I went with a group of colleagues and, in general, the food was good. I ordered tilapia and it was slightly dry.Special Features:
- Lively!GoodEats11Dined on 7/10/2014I love this restaurant! I am from out if town, and wasn't sure exactly what to expect. But this met all my expectations. Lively scene (went in the Summer on a Thursday night), fabulous food, and the service staff was friendly and attentive. I highly reccommend the salmon. They make a great G&T too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibe and servicesbfoodiesDined on 7/7/2014We enjoyed a great meal at Lulu's. Notable meals: the whitefish and the ahi tower both were outstanding. Dirty martini was crafted perfectly. The menu is a little overwhelming, but there will be something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014Everything about Lulu is mediocre. The service, food, wine list and setting all had its day. I am so disappointed to have wasted my time and money. Maybe brunch is better than dinner, I will not return in order to find out.