Lulu California Bistro
200 S. Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Lulu California Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lulupalmsprings.com/
- Phone: (760) 327-5858
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday: 8:00am - 10:00pm Friday and Saturday: 8:00am - 11pm (bar & Happy Hour til midnight)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please e-mail Willie Rhine at email@example.com
A word from Lulu California Bistro
At Palm Springs newest and hippest restaurant, Lulu California Bistro combines talent, expertise and a passion for great food to produce a captivating California Bistro dining experience. Our menu options are many, varied and value-priced, and the quality is always high. Our generous portions are prepared with the freshest ingredients available and a dash of innovation from our award-winning chefs. Freshly baked bread and decadent desserts are made in-house daily, and are perfectly complimented by a cappuccino, latte or an endless pot of coffee. At our exciting bar area, we feature the desert's best Happy Hour – all-day, all-night, 12-hours long!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Lulu California Bistro - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Lulu California Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (132)hot spot (122)good for groups (105)neighborhood gem (105)great for lunch (95)vibrant bar scene (93)great for brunch (92)special occasion (67)fit for foodies (63)scenic view (36)kid-friendly (34)romantic (25)late-night find (23)notable wine list (11)Show More
- Somewhat lackingMcaBeamDined on 11/14/2014We enjoyed some things about Lulu, but the food was only so-so. One of us had the ribs, which were very meaty and quite tasty. Your version of a Caesar Salad may be trendy in presentation, but give me a traditional Caesar any day. My husband had the meatloaf, which was pretty bland and too dense. The vegetables were the worst -- barely cooked and hard to eat. If we go back, it won't be often.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Service was spotty....Too few waiters for lots of diners..Special Features:
- Great dining experienceLolaVIPDined on 11/13/2014Requested a booth when the reservation was made and we received a booth. There were 5 of us and we each raved about our dinners. The desserts were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 Course bargain by slow serviceRx2diveVIPDined on 11/11/2014Good selection for the $19.99 3 course dinner, nice wines but tonight's service was very slow. Getting drink refills was a chore. Much better experiences in past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestTheColonelVIPDined on 11/9/2014I always love dinning here, they offer a fantastic prie fixe menu that is very worthwhile. I highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite PS destinationBillmeDined on 11/9/2014I hope to visit Lulu's every time I visit Palm Springs. The food and service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lu-Liscious!greatfood13Dined on 11/9/2014LuLu's was a meeting spot to catch up with friends. Had a great time and food didn't dissappoint. Darryl (I think was our waiters name?) was great and he was always right there when we needed him ;)Special Features:
- Great DinnerRichardVIPDined on 11/7/2014Once again great dinner at Lulu's. Everything was prepared to order, great service. Had a wonderful time dining on the patio. Highly recommend Lulu'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually a favorite, but a bad night?DJofSJDined on 11/7/2014Previous experiences at Lulu were very good. However on this occasion my chicken breast was way overcooked, leathery and tepid upon being served. Pasta overcooked with a gooey sauce like cornstarch had been added. What's more, in the area where we were sitting was extremely cold with the air conditioner blowing so hard, my napkin was blowing like a flag in the wind when I held it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right on the stripjbradbVIPDined on 11/6/2014A perfect spot to enjoy the street activity of downtown Palm Springs with very good food!Special Features:
- Energetic!1finedineDined on 11/6/2014LuLu's was a very energetiic hot spot in a really convenient location. The food was amazing and the prices were really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!hendoDined on 11/6/2014Greart experience,location and food, as always.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to bring touristsdbeckesDined on 11/2/2014When you don't know the (dis)likes of tourists in town for the night, the broad menu and reasonable prices at Lulu make this a great option. Also, the vibrant "scene" can be a treat for out of town guests. The food from the huge menu is dependable and good.Special Features:
- good as usualArtnJoeVIPDined on 11/2/2014I always enjoy taking guest to Lulu, I always come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014food and service was excellent, our server Daniel was outstanding, will definitely be back and recommend it to friends and family, sunday brunch very good and very affordableSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014Diner food at Bistro prices. But ambiance, service, and drinks are very good.
- Great outdoor sitting!!!JoopieDined on 11/2/2014We sat in one of the cabanas, reserve one if you can we got lucky and they weren't busy. The outdoor fire place made the evening every romantic, specialty drinks and food was very good !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/31/2014food was excellent. Service fantastic. Upstairs seating best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent placeDarkeyes81Dined on 10/30/2014I love this place! My third time coming here and the food has been great with each visit! I highly recommend it for people who are from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 10/30/2014Nice lunch alternative in the heart of Palm Springs. They offer a nice selection of lunch alternatives and the food was good and reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionHikeCaDined on 10/29/2014We have a friend that comes in from out of town often and always wants to go to Lulu's. Its a great place to sit and people watch and the food never disappoints. We are locals and go there as often as we can. Doesn't matter if its ordering off of the bar menu or sitting at a table inside its always an enjoyable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentnmakia1Dined on 10/26/2014The best thing about this restaurant is the decor and outdoor seating. Our food arrived cold and it took forever for them to bring the refired entrees. Plus, once our lobster ravioli in tomato cream sauce arrived, it wasn't anything special and was not worth the wait. On top of that, the service wasn't very good either. Our server was polite but very slow and he didn't seem very concerned about our table. We had to ask for everything, bread more water, and we had to take dinnerware from another table because the waiter never came by to check on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dave1Dined on 10/25/2014Good overall, menu had good choices and specials were good.Special Features:
- A Relaxing and Fine EveningPleasantlyPleasedDined on 10/23/2014The last time we were in Palm Springs, we dined at Lulu's and were more than pleased. This time we again dined there and, after making a reservation, we looked forward to it. We were not disappointed. Our meals were delicious (salmon and meat loaf); the drinks were exceptional and the service left nothing to be desired - it was outstanding! The last time, I had the best Negroni that I have ever had; this time, I can say the same thing about my Manhattan! While it was crowded, we never felt "crowded" ourselves - there was ample room for our own private conversation without worrying about someone overhearing. Did I mention your "Happy Hour" bar prices? 10 AM to closing - WOW! The drinks are memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The restaurant was way too loud. Each table tried to talk louder than the next. Food was just ok. However, been there before & the experience was much better. We will give Lulu another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehmadtowndinerVIPDined on 10/19/2014Cool ambiance and location don't make up for mediocre minus food. In our group of four (all having a different dish) no one thought their meal was very good. I have no idea how they got all the accolades and good reviews that are on the wall. By far my worst meal in PS during a week long stay.
- Worth the waitsmsgVIPDined on 10/18/2014I tried to get into LuLu's last year, and the lines were around the corner. we were able to get in last weekend. Were there at 11, and were able to order breakfast, which is what I wanted. They happily scrambled my omelette with spinach, mushrooms and goat cheese. The side of bacon was thick and cooked to perfection. Would have liked the Bloody Mary to be a tad spicier, but it was good nonetheless.Special Features:
- Hip restaurant w/great menuWorldTravelerDined on 10/17/2014LuLu is a new place with a really good variety of selections on its menu. All items we had seemed fresh. They didn't seem to skimp---the seafood chowder was chock full of seafood. Try this place out! You'll be pleased that you did!Special Features:
- DesertVisitorDined on 10/17/2014Great dining experience. We made an Open Table reservation on a Friday night, and arrived on time, and the table was waiting for us. No wait, despite the fact that there were several people waiting. Nice that Lulu honors a reservation. The Three Course dinner is a great value, and the choices were abundant, and the food GREAT. The wait staff was taxed, as it was busy, they there were all pleasant and polite and the service was very good. I highly recommend Lulu.Special Features:
- Lulu quite enjoyable!RumiVIPDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed our annual trip to Palm Springs and made sure to fit in a dinner at Lulu California Bistro! It's always a vibrant atmosphere and the food is quite good as well.Special Features:
- 36 Wedding anniversaryRookieCookerDined on 10/16/2014You made our anniversary so special by coordinating with the florist and having the beautiful Rose bouquet waiting at the table. We were comfortable and in love and it felt like everyone that approached our table was joining in on our celebration of 36th years! We enjoyed a wonderful dinner - the pork chops were outstanding and dessert was perfect - lit candle and all! Thank you for the warm hospitality - our waiter was charming and the wait staff was attentive. We will never forget our 36th anniversary because we spent a wonderful evening at LuLu's.Special Features:
- Never disappointsYearroundresidentDined on 10/16/2014LuLu is our go to restaurant in downtown Palm Springs. The staff is always friendly and the food is an excellent value. The only downside is that the service is slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great placeNolandVIPDined on 10/13/2014Love Lulu it never fails me. Our group of four had all been before but several had not had the filet and really enjoyed it. The flourless choc cake the boom!!!! Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for the PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014This is a festive place, but go for the $19.99 three-course menu. Although it has a hip & swanky feel, the food is less than great - kind of bland (sauces that are too tart, green beans that are undercooked, etc.). The service is a little off too (timing is bad, no replenishing the bread supply, pushy on the pre-dinner cocktails, etc.). It works since you're paying a cheap price for the fixed menu, but not worth a cent more.
- vacation diningscrippsmamaDined on 10/12/2014stopped by this hip joint while vacationing with another family. we had 4 adults, 4 children, and a dog. they accommodated us, put up with us all like we were the norm. good people watching and great menu for adults and kids alike, where you don't have to choose from the normal chicken fingers and burgers at most kid-friendly joints.Special Features:
- Sunday, but not for brunch.JCCLACAVIPDined on 10/12/2014We went for a late breakfast on Sunday, but didn't want the full brunch, too much food for us that day. The non brunch menu was very limited for breakfast items, one omelette (spinach and mushroom). The omelette was tasty. No toast available, but said they would bring a roll, it never arrived. The tomato slice was pale and so close to the end of the tomato the center was green and hard. It should never have been put on the plate. I had the Santa Fe Panini, the flavor was good, but the pork was dry, the spicy mayo with it was very good. The bus boy was excellent with filling water and iced tea. We've enjoyed the brunch here in the past. If you're going on Sunday it is best to order brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenient and goodlouweeVIPDined on 10/12/2014We visit Palm Springs at least twice a year and Lulu's is our go to brunch/lunch spot. It's centrally located and because it's a large venue with many tables, we can always get it. The menu is extensive and there's always something to suit everyone in the party - from picky kids to foodie adults. They're always gracious with our two young kids.Special Features:
- Retro feel with good meal optionsFAIR2proprietorsANDdinersDined on 10/7/2014Very open, seated out on the patio to enjoy our dining with our miniature Dachshund. Though busy, we were seated right away. I had the chicken skewer, with pineapple and mango appetizer, along with a side of asparagus for my meal. Cute presentation, moist chicken, and very tasty with the grilled fruit. Another had crab cakes she said were good, definitely more crab than cake. :) Other guests were generally pleased. Drinks were kept full, waiter was generally attentive, friendly and made split checks without a problem.Special Features:
- refreshingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014A great local find with fresh food and atmosphere. I will be there the next time I visit Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was prepared very well.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Waiter made me regret my reservation . everyone at the table clearly was upset after he was openly disrespectfulSpecial Features: