1585 Dundas West
Toronto, ON M6K 1T5Neighborhood:
Little Portugal / Dundas West
Fusion / EclecticPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lula.ca/
- Phone: 4165880307
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Family Salsa Brunch seating at 11 with a dance lesson at noon and live Cuban music.
Dinner hours during week vary according to event schedule. Check our web site for door and show times. Dinner and dancing packages with live salsa orchestras every Friday and Saturday: 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Continental, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Ihosvani Aguila
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are planning a birthday celebration, staff holiday bash, a retirement party, stagette or just a night on the town, we have the food, drinks and atmosphere to provide a fun and unique experience for all your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8669568439
- Entertainment: During the week, Lula offers a wide range of jazz, African, Brazilian, Indian, folk and blues bands. Every week is a bit different, so please check out our website for the full schedule. Our famous salsa Fridays and Saturdays feature the very best in local talent often alongside international special guests.
- Special Events: Available for private parties and special events.
- Cross Street: Dundas and Dufferin
- Public Transit: The 505 Dundas Street Car stops right in front of Lula. Or take the Dufferin bus south from the Dufferin subway station on the Bloor line.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Park on right on Dundas Street West or the the municipal Green P lot that is just minutes away on Bonar Place. (North of College just off Sheridan.)
A word from Lula Lounge
Lula Lounge is Toronto's home to live salsa, Brazilian, world and jazz music featuring diverse local talent as well as concerts by international artists. Each weekend we offer a dinner and show package that includes a three course tropical fusion meal, a beginner dance lesson and great live music for your dancing pleasure.Continued
Our Family Sunday Brunch is a great place to celebrate birthdays with the whole family.
Don't miss trying one of our famous Cuban mojitos.
Our Family Sunday Brunch is a great place to celebrate birthdays with the whole family.
Don't miss trying one of our famous Cuban mojitos.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Lula Lounge - Best Restaurants in Little Portugal / Dundas West ›
Lula Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (52)special occasion (44)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (34)late-night find (32)neighborhood gem (26)romantic (23)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (11)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- CarmenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I enjoyed the opera and service but was a bit irritated at having the waitress pick up dishes and ask me for requests during the performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid for dinner.KariDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the live band and DJ music, but hated the dining experience. Food took forever to arrive, long wait time between appetizer, main course and dessert, and when the food did finally arrive - it was cold! Not worth the money they charge.Special Features:
- Perfect Ambiance, great foodKrisDined on 8/16/2014This was an amazing experience for my wife and I. It was our second time there, but first time doing the meal and show. The are a little on the light side but you'll want to keep it that way once the band comes on - you'll end up dancing all night long. The 12-piece band performed amazingly and the dance floor was packed to prove it. Good food, great service, amazing ambiance - couldn't ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun date nightJuntaDined on 8/16/2014A night full of dancing and friendly people! The staff was friendly and the music made you want to get up and dance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placekeyoDined on 8/9/2014Was a great place for a 1st date. Good food. Good ambience and we danced all night. Definitely coming againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentcrisDined on 8/9/2014was surprise how excellent the place was from the reception,food and overall services.would likely recommend these place to everyone.thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great but a little on the loud sideOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Everything was wonderful when our group of thirteen spent the evening dining and dancing at Lula. The only recommendation I would make is to make the jazz set acoustic as it was a bit too loud for dinner conversation. (Although the musicians were fantastic!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and fun brunch spotSmilinDaveDined on 7/27/2014We were looking for something different and affordable for Sunday brunch and Lula delivered! It's a funky looking place with a great South American vibe. I've read mixed reviews of the food but we found the eggs, potatoes, salads, sausage, fresh fruit and desserts to be very good and, for the money, a real find. The salsa dancing lesson was hysterical and got us all dancing to some good live music. Servers were a bit slow with drink refills, but they were very pleasant and we all had a great time. Thumbs up!Special Features:
- Sunday Morning Dance PartyBorisgoodenoughDined on 7/27/2014At Sunday brunch, come for the family-friendly salsa party, not the food. A hopping, social venue combining a so-so buffet, a small salsa combo and an enthusiastic dance lesson, followed by a short time for open dancing. Brunch was ordinary steam table fare -- beef stew, Cuban rice, dried-out sausages, scrambled eggs, a couple of salads, plus some cut-up melon, cake and rice pudding for dessert. Most of the brunch crowd are amateurs at salsa dancing, so beginners will feel right at home. HINT: Reserve ahead for brunch and arrive promptly at 11AM to get a ringside table for the dancing, or you may find yourself in the front room, away from the action.Special Features:
- One of the best Latin places in TOManuDined on 7/26/2014It's a great experience with live band music and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noche latinatravelmargieDined on 7/19/2014This is a buzzing latin club, music is enchnting, and so is the dancing. Food is all right and very reasomably priced. Service is good, but once you paid the bill don"t expect any more attention. Popular place for stagettte parties, full of crazy girls. The band and atmosphere is amazing and I truly recommend this club - but you must be willing to dance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic hot spotthegoodiesDined on 7/19/2014Fun with good food. Energetic staff and dance instructor. Band was fun but sound system a little fuzzy. Full of 20 and 30 year olds. Not sure that I really liked the "Stagette" atmosphere. Overall a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedTorrDined on 7/19/2014I was not at all impressed with the wait staff. The food was 1.5 hours after ordering and the wait staff did not even come by to offer suggestion or small talk to make one feel at ease. One understand that it was a Saturday night lots of people there for parties but every customer must be made to feel welcome. I had to ask for water twice after that I just went and got it my self. Lots of time spent on advertising, and we drove two hours to get there. Not even a thank you from the wait staff for my generous tip. Please forward thus to the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Romantic night of salsa!luv2eatDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I went to have dinner with salsa lessons on a Friday night and were very surprised at how much fun we had. The opening act, Laura Cole, was a wonderful warm up for the evening. The food was amazing, brought to our tables by kitchen staff, it seemed. The server was bright and warm and served us very efficiently. The band was high-powered and the salsa dancers got every one dancing. There were some obvious expert salsa dancers, so we felt this to be an authentic venue for learning salsa. Great crowd - from young to older - all smiles. We will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Great Eveninglove2dineDined on 7/11/2014Very enjoyable evening - the food was amazing, great music, and the dance lessons are a fun way to get everyone relaxed and engaged. Staff very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls' night outPolkadotDined on 7/5/2014The five of us went out to celebrate the two girlfriends' birthdays. The food was good and the service was friendly and attentive (they gave the birthday girls a free round of drinks). The dance floor was severely overcrowded and the band was so-so. It was my third time there and I had had a better time before because the bands were better. I guess it's the luck of the draw, unless you know the band and make your decision based on that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightDateNightDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I had a great time at Lula Lounge last Friday. We went for the $39 each meal deal and it was alright. Let me predicate that alright with the fact that my wife and I are picky when it comes to food and I would call ourselves foodies. The evening started with Laura Fernadez. She is an amazing Bosa Nova style jazz singer. We ate while she sang, very cool. After supper we had some basic samba dance lessons which were fun. Finally Conjunto Chappottin played. They have been together since the 50's. In the world of Cuban music it would be equivalent to seeing Led Zeppelin play live. What an experience! DaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovespiceDined on 6/27/2014We have always had a good time at this restaurant/lounge. We have been coming for years now and have celebrated many personal events and have never been disappointed. We love that more lights have been added especially the mini lights on the wall. The live music is always very good. Of course we will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place 2 Start '14 TO JazzFestEarthKeeperDined on 6/19/2014Saw 2 shows, Memo Acavado and the Building Bridges Band and Jane Bunnett - Maqueque on the same night! Great venue for this kind of entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Latin Food and MusicprofemeritaDined on 6/19/2014I LOVE the Lula Lounge! It's a great place to eat, drink, dance, and listen to the best jazz and Latin music in the city. Somebody compared it to the old Bamboo, which many of us still miss. The menu is not huge, but the chef's talent is. The presentation is unpretentious but attractive in an old-fashioned, home style way. The ingredients are fresh, the seasonings are delicious, and vegetarians get as much imagination and respect as carnivores. The décor is cheerful-eclectic and just wonky enough to make you smile. You can go there for the salsa dancing and the salsa, but the food and music are good enough to make it on their own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Puts a new spin on dinner theatreBirthdayGirlDined on 6/18/2014I attended to have some dinner before watching indie singer Sarah Burton at her CD release event. Menu was great but a bit limited; my companion has a problem with spices and didn't find much for him, but he did like the pulled pork burrito and chocolate cake. I loved the scallops and three-dip plate. This place makes amazing authentic Margaritas (I had two). And then they leave you alone to enjoy the show (which is what we wanted). I noticed a lot of different seating options here -- places for groups, lots of space by the bar, etc. So a lot of ways to enjoy a show. It is so wonderful that there is a place like this where you can see live music without breaking the bank account. Thanks, Lula Lounge!Special Features:
- World Cup 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Good World Cup spot to watch games and have some food and drink with friends. staff are very niceSpecial Features:
- Fathers' Day Brunchjcfoto1Dined on 6/15/2014Amazing Father's day brunch and salsa dancing. The Lula Lounge did not disappoint and judging by the busy dance floor and packed house, everybody shared the same sentiment. The food selection was generous and flavourful and the service was spot on. The highlight, however, was the salsa instructor and the live band who kept everybody on the floor for a great salsa lesson and the dancing continued for a couple of hours after that. My 10 year old daughter had the time of her life! It was like being in Cuba..........I highly recommend the Lula Lounge and we'll definitely be back, perhaps, for date night next time. Best Fathers' Day ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best night ever!AtmosphereDined on 6/14/2014Celebrated my birthday at Lula Lounge. Staff were so engaging and excited to help make the night special. The food was ABSOLUTELY amazing. Delicious-- there was not one complaint. Salsa dancing was so so so much fun and the band made the night even more exciting. Fantastic service, fantastic atmosphere, delicious food and great fun. Definately a memorable and amazing Birthday! Thank you Lula Lounge! Only one little suggestion- a photo booth for people to take home a memory of salsa dancing with their partner (because its hard to capture salsa dancing on the dance floor-- wow do those feet ever move fast!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous eveningluv2dineDined on 6/6/2014I booked an evening at Lula Lounge because I heard that Jimmy Bosch was performing. And indeed he did! But he was not the only outstanding performer that evening. I was so impressed with the quality of the musicians, and will make sure to return again....and again. The food was very good, but the chocolate cake was just OK. Would prefer to have been able to order a la carte. The prix fixe dinner includes dessert $49 ($4 extra for striploin) and I'd prefer to pass on dessert.Special Features:
- M2feathersDined on 6/6/2014This was my first time here and from the moment I walked in, I felt welcomed. love the ambience and decor. Staff were exceptional, courteous and friendly. I will recommend this to my friends. Thanks for a great evening of fun, great music, and good food. MarySpecial Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014The show was great and the food was much better than I anticipated in a night club setting. I had the red snapper and my wife had the pork medallions. Both were very good. Drink service was a little slow during the peek show time, but that's part of any event. Overall it was a very fun evening and would recommend it to anyone interested in jazz and blues programming. Easy access by street car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Isa333Dined on 5/24/2014The atmosphere, the band, the service and the food were outstanding. The only thing is the ceviche was very very spicy and I didn't know that when I ordered it. It might be good to put that note on the menu, that way if you don't eat spicy like me, you could order something else. I ended up not eating it.Special Features:
- Great Music, Very Romantic Vibelove2danceDined on 5/18/2014My boyfriend and I came here for the first night of the Lulaworld Festival...the performers were all SOOO Amazing. We love reggae/calypso and had a blast dancing to Kobo Town - They're definitely my new favourite band. Malika Tirolien's voice was really jazzy and romantic and set a nice tone to the venue during dinner. Overall, had an absolute blast!!! Can't wait to come here again. This world music festival is such a great idea and I would recommend everyone to go! The talent is outstanding.Special Features:
- RubinaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014The Coffee is awesome at brunch. The band was great and a good noise level for kids during the day.Special Features:
- Fun night outGailskiDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I had a great night out at Lula Lounge. We enjoyed the environment and ambience that is created at Lula. The food was great, and the service what very good. We will definitely return! Thanks to all the staff for making our night a great one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get ur dancin shoes on!! :)TamfalDined on 5/11/2014This place is full of energy once the music starts going!! Great place to see live music and the food was deeelish too!! Very impressed!!Special Features:
- Disappointing Mothers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Brunch was disappointing.....the quality and selection was subpar, given the higher price. Regular brunch is a better value. The entertainment was great, but will probably unfortunately not return for brunch.Special Features:
- JinnyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The buffet was passable - The food needs to be kept warmer - the scrambled eggs were bulky - they need to be thinned and made more appealing. I noticed that the pancakes did not have any syrup? Or did I miss it? Service was good. It was a one-shot visit for us seniors on Mother's Day brunch and glad we checked it out.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014They were super accommodating with our ever changing reservation! They gave us 2 booths as requested and excellent service. We held an event in 2012 and received snooty service! The food wasn't memorable back in 2012 but we decided to give it another chance. This time, the food was great, the dance lesson was so much fun! It felt like we were there for the first time since it was so much better this time around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outgreatniteoutDined on 5/2/2014This was our first experience going for dinner although we have been there several times. The dinner was great and the band exceptional. I have recommended this to many of my friends and will continue to do so. Again thanks for a great night out.Special Features:
- First time at LulaNoel123Dined on 5/2/2014Good performances Good crowd for younger groups Good food & service to dine out Nice Salsa music for Salsa dancers Location not the best though for us since very difficult to find a parking spot & we drive from Mississauga. Great just to take TTC or cab if you live within distance. Dance floor really gets crowded late in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 260 reviews are from the Lula Lounge reviews archive.
- Lula delivered valuejazzmanDined on 4/27/2014Attended the Jazz FM fundraiser, had a great meal, for prix-fixe, fabulous entertainment, great acoustics, and good seats. Excellent value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful brunch experienceAmericangirl49Dined on 4/27/2014My friends and I reserved a table last Sunday, 27th April. We had a good brunch, excellent service (seriously) and had lots of fun dancing! We had a blast!! Our thanks to the staff: very attentive & courteous!! We will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Party!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014This place is a MUST! my girlfriends & I will certainly be back! after all finishing our exams a night out at Lula was the perfect way to celebrate! Our server Bonnie was amazing, very tentative to all our requests, the show was an absolute party, and the food was delicious! two of my girlfriends ordered the vegan dish, both meat eaters and one even wanting steak before she decided to try the vegan dish, they insisted the tofu tasted like real meat! our other girl friend had the fish and was convinced it was the best tasting on our table. I chose the steak, accompanied with a wonderful hollandaise, i didn't use the blue cheese i had asked for on the side! all in all great drinks, great food, great show, great place! See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.