2537 N Kedzie Blvd
Chicago, IL 60647Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lulacafe.com/
- Phone: 7734899554x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Wednesday - Monday: 9:00am - 2:30pm;
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 9:00am - 6:00pm;
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Our bar is open late!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Hammel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Monday night farm dinner!
A word from Lula Cafe
Now in our 14th year in the heart of Logan Square!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Lula Cafe - Best Restaurants in Logan Square ›
Lula Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)neighborhood gem (96)great for outdoor dining (56)special occasion (47)romantic (44)hot spot (34)great for brunch (33)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (18)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Eclectic place with interesting food and a very different, but good wine list. The service was excellent. If you love veggies, this is your place.Special Features:
- farm to table wondermrswifeDined on 9/7/2014farm to table is my new watchword when picking a restaurant and although there are many who claim to be farm to table Lula's really is. I usually order chicken when going to a new restaurant because although it seems simple, a good roasted chicken is not easy to make. this one was excellent as was the beet bruschetta. I would highly recommend this restaurant. the only downside was the noise level. it was not easy to have good conversation without shouting and this was on a sunday night.Special Features:
- Fresh, Seasonal, DeliciousfoodandwineloverchgoVIPDined on 9/5/2014With produce at it's end-of-summer peak, we wanted a meal featuring fresh local ingredients. That's what we got and it was delicious, imaginative and creative.Special Features:
- DANeilyDined on 8/31/2014A unique (dinner) menu with six to eight choices under each category (appetizers, main course and desert). You may only recognize one or two ingredients in the dish you selected , but you'll be pleasantly surprised. A wine list for all palets. The servers are friendly, efficient and magically make everything happen. My friend had Red Snapper and I, Pork Belly. Both were done to perfection.Special Features:
- Fantastictdp312Dined on 8/20/2014Everything we had was wonderful. Great service, attentive, great flavors.Special Features:
- Great farm to tableThomasDined on 8/20/2014If you lean to very fresh, farm to table food this place is great. Interesting menu for all tastes.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience.steelbillDined on 8/14/2014From cocktail to dessert, nothing but A+. Froendly and knowledgable service, great ambience and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lula outdoes them allieatanythingDined on 8/4/2014My only regret moving away from Logan Square is not having Lula Cafe close by. But no matter where I am coming from, Lula is always on my agenda for places to brunch or dine. The food is amazing (be ready for flavor orgasms), the atmosphere is non-pretentious (leave your ego at home), the service is impeccable (servers actually love and know what they are selling).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosenbergDined on 7/28/2014The vegetarian tasting menu is absolutely fantastic.Special Features:
- Monday nightKevloDined on 7/28/2014We went for the vegetarian Monday night special and it was wonderful. Our kids ate from the regular menu and loved the food as well. Overall, a really solid place!Special Features:
- Hits the mark!ProfessorDined on 7/28/2014Looking for a spot to take friends from NY whose daughter just moved to Logan Square. Had a great dinner on a Monday night. From the hostess to our server to the food itself, every aspect of our dinner was spot on. The food is creative w/o being pretentious. We look forward to returning again.Special Features:
- Lula never disappoints!MerelevenDined on 7/27/2014Lula is one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago. I love it's creative menu, attentive service, and ambiance. I have been going to Lula for years and I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Courteous and flexibleKKsQuipsDined on 7/26/2014When I made the reservation, only 6 pm and 10 were left so I took the 10 pm. We left at 9 from home, which is about 2x the average drive in at that time. There was an accident and we arrived at 10:45 - of course, letting Lula's know en route we were going to be late. From the time we arrived till we left, they accommodated us so nicely and really made us feel welcome.
- Not EnoughGregorySVIPDined on 7/25/2014There are not enough words to describe how much I love Lula! Do yourself a favor and go there! If you're lucky, Kendal will be your server.Special Features:
- Foodie heavenJazzgirlDined on 7/25/2014Rumor has it that this is where the chefs go and I see why--beautifully prepared food in an elegant and artistic but unpretentious atmosphere-- Appetizers to startle and please; main dishes you never want to wnd and a wine list that is short and perfect. My favorite new spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!Emmons123Dined on 7/21/2014Speechless!!! Everything was perfect!!!! Got sat right away, no wait! Service was excellent!!! The food!! Amazing!!! Anybody living in the Chicago area must check this place out!!!! Thanks for the good time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lula, you've outdone yourselfOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014My wife and I have been coming here for about a decade, so it was a no-brainer to reserve it when my family all descended on Chicago last weekend. I've never done a big table here but they were able to accommodate 14 of us, including two little kids. The food, always exceptional, was unreal. It was gratifying to see how much my family dug the food. The waitress, who I've always found to be competent and agreeable, also outdid herself. She must have been running around like crazy managing our whims, and she was dynamite. This is a night I'll remember for a long time. Oh and before I run out of space, check this brilliant playlist: 1st Sade record (?!), TLC record (??!!), and then ending at the mountain's summit with The Best of Otis Redding.Special Features:
- Not the bestsugarfiendDined on 7/5/2014I had high hopes for Lula's - I ordered the Vegetarian tasting menu and my husband got the beet fried dough and Spagetti. Most of the dishes were heavily oversalted and there was a hair in the appetizer. The drinks were good and it was a cute place with nice attentive staff. I would try it again, but the heavy salt was almost inedible.
- Still THE place for Logan foodiesmattdollingerDined on 7/5/2014We've enjoyed coming to Lula since we moved into Logan Square many years ago and love the fact that with all of the new and trendy restaurants opening up in the area - it's still THE place to go for food trendiness. Their meals are so well thought out and mix flavors unexpected and delicious. Street seating is great as you're right on the square so people watching is exceptional. So if you're trying to impress an out of towner or your foodie friends, head to Lula and see where it all started in Logan Square!Special Features:
- Fine fare.StaySpicyDined on 7/2/2014Our daughter treated us to a Father's Day dinner. Pork loin and and flank steak were delicious and perfectly done. Appetizers (sweetbreads and spring ribbons with pastrami) different and tasty. Dining room noisy and a bit cramped.Special Features:
- Great place!ChoclaholicDined on 7/2/2014Wonderful food, I hear the owner is a great guy. We found it too noisy for conversation, but the food was superb.Special Features:
- sooooo delicious!VeggieANDCarnivoreDined on 6/28/2014The food was absolutely remarkable--my husband, a hard to please foodie, was blown away by the pork loin dinner. He said "this might be the best pork of my life." The cocktail list contained creative flavor combinations that delighted our fancies. The service was polite and consistent without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this placeEateateatDined on 6/16/2014Great food - really intriguing menu which changes all the time, delicious and unique cocktails, and a professional staff from top to bottom. We were happy inside, and even happier now it's warm and we can enjoy it all sitting at the lovely outdoor tables.Special Features:
- neighborhood gemcalleyDined on 6/14/2014We loved our experience and the atmosphere in your restaurant. We had the best steak I have ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic and FunDwpLjpVIPDined on 6/8/2014Limited menu but our spinach salad, soup and goat stew were excellent. Female server was efficient but not very interactive. Finger Lakes Pinot wasn't much to brag about. Fun place to try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LexiVIPDined on 6/7/2014Pork loin was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. Chickpea tagine is always amazing as well! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is awesome!cremeuxfanDined on 6/7/2014Not just a song from the Lego movie if you are at Lula. This has been one of my favorite places for more than 10 years, and it never changes. The service is professional friendly, but not stuffy. The food is yummy and interesting (and the desserts from the new pastry chef have been particularly incredible). Sure, it's full of hipsters - but blame that on the neighborhood. Don't let the facial hair and eccentric tattoos fool you - there's no attitude here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MandBVIPDined on 6/6/2014Wonderfully creative food. Everything we ate was imaginative, well presented and delicious. Great menu. Our only complaint was the very tiny tables that made it difficult to mange food, drinks and wine. Also one of our chairs was gashed and stuffing exposed making sitting somewhat uncomfortable. This, however, will not deter us from returning for the wonderfully creative and delicious food.Special Features:
- Solid food choiceCleanfishDined on 6/5/2014I was referred by friends @ Slow Food Chicago. SiOlid foodie fare. Had soft shell crab for starter. Just right. Pork loin entree hit just so as well. Lula hits the goldilocks mean: not fancy, not humdrum, a solid tasty and fresh meal that I'd definitely return to on my next time in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SuccessChopsDined on 6/4/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner. He is a big foodie and this was one of his favorite meals. They had a wide selection of vegetarian options for myself. Fun atmosphere. Exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful farm dinnerIloveLulaDined on 6/2/2014This wonderful restaurant is a Chicago favorite of ours, primarily for the wonderful and imaginative dishes its creative kitchen staff make with local in-season resources.Special Features:
- One of the bestCaitlinTVIPDined on 6/1/2014Lula Cafe is one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago. The food, service, and ambiance are all stellar. This past dining experience was close to my tenth time there, I have tried many of their cafe items and specials, and I have had VERY few dishes that were just mediocre. You can't go wrong with their breakfast sandwiches or any of their pastas, but their seasonal specials are always the best. In addition to the delicious and fresh food, the hostesses and waitstaff are always friendly and accommodating (even when it is packed to the gills), and the ambiance is energetic and fun. I will continue to dine at Lula every chance I get, and I highly recommend the restaurant to all my friends. If you can get a reservation, GO!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem in the cityLeslieVIPDined on 5/31/2014My first experience at Lula Cafe was more than a pleasant surprise! The dishes reveal an explosion of flavor pairings with no exceptions! Expected the unexpected and enjoy the culinary ride!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I might become a vegetarian..ClaudineTDined on 5/31/2014My husband is on a vegan / vegetarian "for special occasions" diet, but it's often hard to find places that we both like. I ended up deciding on the vegetarian tasting menu as well and it was the most amazing meal I've had in a very long time! I wish more restaurants offered something like this. Lula Cafe is doing everything right, and I can't wait to go back! Ps to open table: I wish there was a vegetarian-friendly filter... Not everyone who wants to eat vegan or vegetarian wants to eat at restaurants solely designated as such.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FindPackersVIPDined on 5/30/2014One of the very best surprises in ages. Without a doubt, absolutely knock your socks off treatment of various dishes with superior results. Sensational flavors, a true foodie experience. The wait staff was the most knowledgeable I have encountered in years, not only related to the food, but also its preparation as well as the extensive and thoughtful beverage selection. This is a real winner, to go back to again and again.Special Features:
- Amazing vegetarian tastingAmberVIPDined on 5/26/2014Even if you're not vegetarian, get the 6-course vegetarian tasting menu for just $45. It's an incredible value and the kitchen here is one of the most imaginative when it comes to vegetarian dishes, from beet fried dough to soft-boiled egg over fried mushrooms and Robuchon potatoes to a crispy rice crepe with fresh chickpea ragout and a savory coconut custard, each dish is memorable and delicious. They have some really nice desserts too, like a coconut rum cake with hibiscus sorbet and candied cashews. You can even order one tasting menu for the table and supplement with a few other dishes if you're an omnivore. I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will be backtarmour22Dined on 5/26/2014Food is delightful interesting and seasonal deserts great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerkovertDined on 5/24/2014I was worried about it being crowded on a Saturday night, but it was Memorial Day weekend and they opened the patio, so we had plenty of space and were seated right away. They offered us a blanket to use on the patio! The cheese plate was wonderful and the asparagus was extremely delicious. The spaghetti off the cafe menu and the yeast cavatelli were both great entrees. The rum cocktail was strange, but still good. I will definitely go back. Great view of the sunset from the patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/24/2014It was our first time at Lula Cafe, but it won't be our last. We were seated promptly when we arrived, ordered delicious cocktails and had a fabulous dinner. The combination of flavors on our appetizers and entrees were so good! We had the asparagus appetizer, the lamb and the steak with nettles. All done perfectly. Service was attentive and professional.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwayselizabDined on 5/24/2014Such a treat to go to Lula- Right from the start- park in front. Low key vibe- amazing eclectic food options and solid wine list. Service is attentive but not cloying-they just started serving bread and it is delicious!Special Features:
- The following 281 reviews are from the Lula Cafe reviews archive.