2537 N Kedzie Blvd
Chicago, IL 60647Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lulacafe.com/
- Phone: 7734899554x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Wednesday - Monday: 9:00am - 2:30pm;
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 9:00am - 6:00pm;
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Our bar is open late!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Hammel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Monday night farm dinner!
A word from Lula Cafe
Now in our 14th year in the heart of Logan Square!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Lula Cafe - Best Restaurants in Logan Square ›
Lula Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (96)neighborhood gem (95)great for outdoor dining (47)romantic (46)special occasion (44)hot spot (38)great for brunch (29)good for groups (16)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Very good interesting food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014This was a busy place and I was glad we had a reservation. Very good food cooked with interesting unexpected flavorsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!YamisDined on 10/8/2014This is an awesome spot to explores new food creations. There's the more adventurous side of the menu with honey chicken liver pate all the way to quail and the comfy side of the menu with great takes on turkey sandwich to roasted chicken. There's something for all tastes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Chicago's GreatsDaaagwoodDined on 10/8/2014Lula Cafe was the first good restaurant in Logan Square, which it can argued has become a few square miles of some of the best restaurants in America. As Longman and Eagle and Yusho and many others dropped in around it, Lula has continued as a stellar place for great food with dynamite local ingredients prepared superbly. I have always had a good experience at Lula, and I expect I will continue to do so at my many visits in the future.Special Features:
- ExcellentDennisDined on 9/28/2014Both my date and I raved about the food: the pork belly was decadent, the peach custard dessert sublime and phenomenal at the same time! Great waitress too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The person I spoke to at the restaurant several times was extremely accommodating - I had to change my reservation twice and they made it work. They called when I was late - I was a bad customer - but they made me feel like my reservation was important to them. Willing to work with adding friends to the table after dinner for drinks - although we didn't end up doing that - they gave me options. Food was really great - service was great. I like the dark ambiance - romantic and intimate. Took my boyfriend here for his birthday and it was perfect. I would be back every week if I had the disposable income.Special Features:
- Amazing FindTXfoodieDined on 9/24/2014I was visiting Chicago & wanted to venture out to a good neighborhood restaurant. This was a great find. Everything we ate was spectacular. We sat out on the porch and it was perfectSpecial Features:
- Delicious!nola64Dined on 9/20/2014Between my husband and me, we had the Spinach and Apple salad, the quesadilla, the Spaghetti (with chili sauce and bacon) and the eggplant and ricotta casoncelli. Everything was so good. Very unique flavors. and, yes, we were stuffed! Very attentive staff also. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the vegetarian tasting menuILovefoodDined on 9/19/2014We had a wonderful experience with the vegetarian tasting menu. Unique and delicious recipes, good quantity, cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolinaSkidDined on 9/12/2014Eclectic place with interesting food and a very different, but good wine list. The service was excellent. If you love veggies, this is your place.Special Features:
- Not quite fit the hype...InSearchOfGenuineGoodVIPDined on 9/10/2014It was OK, wasn't as great as I thought it would be. It was too dark inside to even enjoy the food - and my dish was so salty...disappointing one. The bar's waitstaff were really good, attentive but the kitchen's main dish was all right, i think if the chef tasted the food, it might have been better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- farm to table wondermrswifeDined on 9/7/2014farm to table is my new watchword when picking a restaurant and although there are many who claim to be farm to table Lula's really is. I usually order chicken when going to a new restaurant because although it seems simple, a good roasted chicken is not easy to make. this one was excellent as was the beet bruschetta. I would highly recommend this restaurant. the only downside was the noise level. it was not easy to have good conversation without shouting and this was on a sunday night.Special Features:
- Fresh, Seasonal, DeliciousfoodandwineloverchgoVIPDined on 9/5/2014With produce at it's end-of-summer peak, we wanted a meal featuring fresh local ingredients. That's what we got and it was delicious, imaginative and creative.Special Features:
- DANeilyDined on 8/31/2014A unique (dinner) menu with six to eight choices under each category (appetizers, main course and desert). You may only recognize one or two ingredients in the dish you selected , but you'll be pleasantly surprised. A wine list for all palets. The servers are friendly, efficient and magically make everything happen. My friend had Red Snapper and I, Pork Belly. Both were done to perfection.Special Features:
- Fantastictdp312Dined on 8/20/2014Everything we had was wonderful. Great service, attentive, great flavors.Special Features:
- Great farm to tableThomasDined on 8/20/2014If you lean to very fresh, farm to table food this place is great. Interesting menu for all tastes.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience.steelbillDined on 8/14/2014From cocktail to dessert, nothing but A+. Froendly and knowledgable service, great ambience and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off the beaten pathBaldeglDined on 8/6/2014The food and service were both very good. The wine list was somewhat constrained, and not too well priced.Special Features:
- Lula outdoes them allieatanythingDined on 8/4/2014My only regret moving away from Logan Square is not having Lula Cafe close by. But no matter where I am coming from, Lula is always on my agenda for places to brunch or dine. The food is amazing (be ready for flavor orgasms), the atmosphere is non-pretentious (leave your ego at home), the service is impeccable (servers actually love and know what they are selling).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosenbergDined on 7/28/2014The vegetarian tasting menu is absolutely fantastic.Special Features:
- Monday nightKevloDined on 7/28/2014We went for the vegetarian Monday night special and it was wonderful. Our kids ate from the regular menu and loved the food as well. Overall, a really solid place!Special Features:
- Hits the mark!ProfessorDined on 7/28/2014Looking for a spot to take friends from NY whose daughter just moved to Logan Square. Had a great dinner on a Monday night. From the hostess to our server to the food itself, every aspect of our dinner was spot on. The food is creative w/o being pretentious. We look forward to returning again.Special Features:
- Lula never disappoints!MerelevenDined on 7/27/2014Lula is one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago. I love it's creative menu, attentive service, and ambiance. I have been going to Lula for years and I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Courteous and flexibleKKsQuipsDined on 7/26/2014When I made the reservation, only 6 pm and 10 were left so I took the 10 pm. We left at 9 from home, which is about 2x the average drive in at that time. There was an accident and we arrived at 10:45 - of course, letting Lula's know en route we were going to be late. From the time we arrived till we left, they accommodated us so nicely and really made us feel welcome.
- Not EnoughGregorySVIPDined on 7/25/2014There are not enough words to describe how much I love Lula! Do yourself a favor and go there! If you're lucky, Kendal will be your server.Special Features:
- Foodie heavenJazzgirlDined on 7/25/2014Rumor has it that this is where the chefs go and I see why--beautifully prepared food in an elegant and artistic but unpretentious atmosphere-- Appetizers to startle and please; main dishes you never want to wnd and a wine list that is short and perfect. My favorite new spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!Emmons123Dined on 7/21/2014Speechless!!! Everything was perfect!!!! Got sat right away, no wait! Service was excellent!!! The food!! Amazing!!! Anybody living in the Chicago area must check this place out!!!! Thanks for the good time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lula, you've outdone yourselfOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014My wife and I have been coming here for about a decade, so it was a no-brainer to reserve it when my family all descended on Chicago last weekend. I've never done a big table here but they were able to accommodate 14 of us, including two little kids. The food, always exceptional, was unreal. It was gratifying to see how much my family dug the food. The waitress, who I've always found to be competent and agreeable, also outdid herself. She must have been running around like crazy managing our whims, and she was dynamite. This is a night I'll remember for a long time. Oh and before I run out of space, check this brilliant playlist: 1st Sade record (?!), TLC record (??!!), and then ending at the mountain's summit with The Best of Otis Redding.Special Features:
- Not the bestsugarfiendDined on 7/5/2014I had high hopes for Lula's - I ordered the Vegetarian tasting menu and my husband got the beet fried dough and Spagetti. Most of the dishes were heavily oversalted and there was a hair in the appetizer. The drinks were good and it was a cute place with nice attentive staff. I would try it again, but the heavy salt was almost inedible.
- Still THE place for Logan foodiesmattdollingerDined on 7/5/2014We've enjoyed coming to Lula since we moved into Logan Square many years ago and love the fact that with all of the new and trendy restaurants opening up in the area - it's still THE place to go for food trendiness. Their meals are so well thought out and mix flavors unexpected and delicious. Street seating is great as you're right on the square so people watching is exceptional. So if you're trying to impress an out of towner or your foodie friends, head to Lula and see where it all started in Logan Square!Special Features:
- Fine fare.StaySpicyDined on 7/2/2014Our daughter treated us to a Father's Day dinner. Pork loin and and flank steak were delicious and perfectly done. Appetizers (sweetbreads and spring ribbons with pastrami) different and tasty. Dining room noisy and a bit cramped.Special Features:
- Great place!ChoclaholicDined on 7/2/2014Wonderful food, I hear the owner is a great guy. We found it too noisy for conversation, but the food was superb.Special Features:
- sooooo delicious!VeggieANDCarnivoreDined on 6/28/2014The food was absolutely remarkable--my husband, a hard to please foodie, was blown away by the pork loin dinner. He said "this might be the best pork of my life." The cocktail list contained creative flavor combinations that delighted our fancies. The service was polite and consistent without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 298 reviews are from the Lula Cafe reviews archive.
- We love this placeEateateatDined on 6/16/2014Great food - really intriguing menu which changes all the time, delicious and unique cocktails, and a professional staff from top to bottom. We were happy inside, and even happier now it's warm and we can enjoy it all sitting at the lovely outdoor tables.Special Features:
- neighborhood gemcalleyDined on 6/14/2014We loved our experience and the atmosphere in your restaurant. We had the best steak I have ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic and FunDwpLjpVIPDined on 6/8/2014Limited menu but our spinach salad, soup and goat stew were excellent. Female server was efficient but not very interactive. Finger Lakes Pinot wasn't much to brag about. Fun place to try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LexiVIPDined on 6/7/2014Pork loin was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. Chickpea tagine is always amazing as well! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is awesome!cremeuxfanDined on 6/7/2014Not just a song from the Lego movie if you are at Lula. This has been one of my favorite places for more than 10 years, and it never changes. The service is professional friendly, but not stuffy. The food is yummy and interesting (and the desserts from the new pastry chef have been particularly incredible). Sure, it's full of hipsters - but blame that on the neighborhood. Don't let the facial hair and eccentric tattoos fool you - there's no attitude here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MandBVIPDined on 6/6/2014Wonderfully creative food. Everything we ate was imaginative, well presented and delicious. Great menu. Our only complaint was the very tiny tables that made it difficult to mange food, drinks and wine. Also one of our chairs was gashed and stuffing exposed making sitting somewhat uncomfortable. This, however, will not deter us from returning for the wonderfully creative and delicious food.Special Features:
- Solid food choiceCleanfishDined on 6/5/2014I was referred by friends @ Slow Food Chicago. SiOlid foodie fare. Had soft shell crab for starter. Just right. Pork loin entree hit just so as well. Lula hits the goldilocks mean: not fancy, not humdrum, a solid tasty and fresh meal that I'd definitely return to on my next time in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SuccessChopsDined on 6/4/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner. He is a big foodie and this was one of his favorite meals. They had a wide selection of vegetarian options for myself. Fun atmosphere. Exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.