615 Manhattan Blvd
Brooklyn, NY 11222Neighborhood:
ScandinavianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://luksusnyc.com/
- Phone: 7183896034x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Nordic, Scandinavian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Burns
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating
A word from Luksus
A Scandinavian restaurant in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Luksus - Best Restaurants in Greenpoint ›
Luksus reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)special occasion (34)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (18)romantic (16)hot spot (15)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- Knockout on all countsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food is extraordinary, the environment is intimate and fresh, and the chef is a lovely personable man-little more to say really! The courses were unusual, creative but with a firm focus on flavour. You'll find it hard but see if you can book a table at the counter (on the far left!) enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeEviemelVIPDined on 10/12/2014The food was amazing. We did the tasting and every dish excelled. They have a huge selection of amazing beer and the most amazing bread! The service was knowledgeable and friendly. We would love to visit over and over again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedUlyssesDined on 10/10/2014Hidden in the back of this Greenpoint neighborhood beer bar, you will find Chef Daniel Burns and his accomplices serving innovative, unnexpected, exquisite dishes, surprisingly paired if wanted with equally unexpected beer. Confirming once again that the best cuisine nowadays is to be found amongst this new generation of young Chefs who are daring, extremely talented, passionate, and are redefining what fooding is all about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Meal, Awesome Service!pmursDined on 10/9/2014All around great experience. The servers were friendly. The food was great. And the beer pairings were spot on. My friend whose birthday it was is a vegetarian and they catered his entire meal to his tastes. They really embraced the fact he was a vegetarian and produced some amazing dishes for him. My meal (which is non-veg) was also fantastic and is in the top 10 of meals I've had in NYC (Top 3 in Brooklyn).Special Features:
- BESTAimeeDined on 10/7/2014The most incredible meal I've had in ages. World class food from a Noma alum and recently Michelin starred chef. Tips: ask to be seated at the counter (so you can watch the chefs work and chat with them!) and add the beer pairings. Unique and intimate experience not to be missed by foodies and beer enthusiasts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't say enough good thingsHip2thejiveDined on 10/7/2014Walking into Torst, then Luksus, it felt like walking into someone's dream. Someone thought up this amazing concept, brought it to life and it shared with me and my friends. I'm always apprehensive walking into a brooklyn bar/restaurant in fear of hipster snobbery and this place is the exact opposite. Just the bar staff alone at Torst were so polite and welcoming, they had me laughing and hi-fiving before I even took a seat. Then a magic door slides open and let the fun begin. I just sat back and let them throw course after course in front of me with perfect beer pairings. Watch the chef's at work, was quite a sight. Perfect syncronocity with barely a word spoken. This restaurant should be on your to do/bucket list. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place, LOVED the beer pairingsGoodplaceDined on 9/26/2014I thought the place was cool, the bar area seemed fun, the servers were all terrific and service was fantastic. The beer was amazing and paired well with the food - so many different beers and very generous servings. The food was good, nothing was bad but perhpas a bit fussy for my taste and don't expect to return again except to go to the bar and drink more beer.Special Features:
- surf and turf2catsDined on 9/14/2014I did not realize it only serves beer and cider for drinks, no wine nor aquavit. this is too bad because food will pair really well with some wines and aquavit more than frizzy beer. The tasting menu is fantastic, delicate and delicious but some items are not needed and silly like bone marrow sauceSpecial Features:
- For foodies but to much noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Superb food for people interested in food. A very good food experience. But the food focus was difficult because of loud music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely.BoopDined on 9/6/2014I took my boyfriend and his mother here and we had a fantastic time. It was nice for a meal to feel like an event. Timing of courses was perfect. We sat at the bar so we got to watch them plate and cook which really added to the experience. They work like a well oiled machine! The servers were polite and friendly. The beer pairings were a great addition. We loved everything. Every dish was delicious. We left full and happy. Thank you Luksus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very unique placeJlcnycVIPDined on 8/29/2014This is my second time at Luksus. I love it, and especially love the beer pairings. I am not a big beer drinker, but appreciate the tasty education. The food is fantastic. The chef clearly selects the freshest ingredients, and experiments with them. The result is an outstanding gastronomical experience. The presentation and ambience, however, is just ok. For those used to the elegance of standard dining a la Bouley, Boulud, etc., it will feel like you've landed in your straight college buddy's apartment, and he's cooking up a storm. I don't mind the unmatched chinaware and canteen style place setting, but if your style is white glove service then look somewhere else. Luksus is really about substance over form.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014My boyfriend and I came to celebrate his new job based on the rec of a friend who works at Gramercy Tavern and lives in Greenpoint. Do yourself a favor... Get yourself here fast. Top 5 nyc meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but delicious and intimateTimoniDined on 8/13/2014With the beer pairing and dinner for two, it was about $300 all told. We had a lovely time talking to the chefs as they worked, and the food was sublime, the beer pairings great. But the space is a windowless back-of-bar room; I've definitely had equally good, inventive food in nicer spaces that weren't so pricey, so despite the great food and service, it just didn't seem worth $150. I'd say go here once—or more, if someone else is paying. Or if spending $150 on dinner is your normal jam, by all means go every day. The endless beer pairings do help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rickVIPDined on 7/31/2014Read the reviews on Open Table so decided to try it on a Thursday night. There is no menu to pick from. It is a chief's tasting menu. Had no idea what the cost was until the bill came. Well over $200.00. Good food and service, but not at that price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mind. Blown.DruCutlerDined on 7/25/2014I haven't had a food experience like that in years. Quality ingredients prepared with lively creativity and passion. The care of a true artist. A week later and I'm still thinking about those delicious mushrooms. How did you do it!? The staff did an incredible job of creating a specific meal for my gluten sensitive guest. She din't have to miss a single course. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- UniqueABA2014Dined on 7/18/2014This is definitely a place like no other. Came here on my birthday and loved every minute. The warm ambience, dedicated and food and beer loving staff made it a very special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the Luksus reviews archive.
- If I have to tell you...AnomieDined on 6/18/2014No one walks into this place by accident, so you already know what you're dealing with. This is top shelf, people. Plus, for what it is, it's a bargain. If money isn't a concern, well, congrats, but for anyone who has to watch their dollars and cents to make it happen, it's worth it. Leave your pretentiousness at home. Sit at the counter if possible. Chef Burns is a real mensch. The quality of the kitchen and the ingredients couldn't be more obvious. There is nowhere to hide. Pray the beet and rhubarb dessert is still on the menu by the time you get there (and I hate dessert). Get the beer pairing because, duh, you are in one of the best beer bars in the world. Someone drag Pete Wells out to Greenpoint already, for the love of God!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standout MealBrettGiannaDined on 6/12/2014Took my husband here to celebrate his birthday, and we had a wonderful meal. Each dish was incredibly unique, and while we liked some more than others it was interesting to try everything. The beer pairing option worked great with the meal, however it would be more worthwhile for someone who isn't already familiar with their unusual offerings from around the globe. As my husband is a huge beer geek, in the end we felt we could have made our own selections and paid a bit less for the same matchups. But overall it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerDannyDinnersDined on 6/12/2014The food was excellent, immaculately prepared, and interesting. A few snacks were a bit too salty, but every dish and course was enjoyable. A soup of fresh summer garlic scapes featured a spectacular chicken broth. The main course of beef tongue with a fresh summer salad, accompanied by a more hearty beef heart and bean stew (like a light and elegant cassoulet) was perfectly robust without being heavy. And delicious. The beer pairing was an enjoyable change of pace. I'm a novice to craft beers but the staff made this a non-issue. Our waitress was incredibly knowledgable of the food and beer, and the pairings were clearly made thoughtfully. If you didn't like a beer they happily brought an alternative. If you loved one, they brought more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experiencealexlbVIPDined on 6/11/2014Took my girlfriend here for her birthday and we were absolutely blown away by how special an experience Chef Daniel Burns prepared for us. The food was so fresh and innovative with unique ingredients. Such an intimate setting. Definitely worth a trip to Williamsburg just for this. On par with any of the great Copenhagen restaurants.Special Features:
- True Foodie FindFoodFavoriteDined on 6/6/2014Some of the most interesting & tasty food ever to be created. So wonderfully unpretentious and such a down-to-earth atmosphere. For those who need not show off, but have a deep interest in where dining can be. Very expensive. Music could be slightly softer and more focused to a few types.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting FoodFratfankVIPDined on 5/31/2014We had one of the best dining experiences we have had in NYC at Luksus. The flavors and textures of all the courses were unforgettable. Beef tongue was outstanding. Although we did not have the beer pairing because one of our group is a "beer nut" and had his own ideas as to what he wanted to drink from their fantastic list, he said that the list was one of the best that he has seen in the Country. All in all a fantastic experience. While the room was a little crowded, we did not mind because everyone was friendly and having a great time. The service was also outstanding, friendly and helpful with food explanations. We hope to be back soon. True, the food was not cheap, but the quality of execution was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer pairing interestingFooderVIPDined on 5/24/2014Beer pairing was interesting. Food merely good. Worth the trip but we were not wowed. A restaurant to try at least once but not to come back very often.Special Features:
- Great all the way aroundAJG61VIPDined on 5/16/2014The beers are first and foremost awesome. The food is then delicious, one of the most fun tasting menus you can have.
- Inventive Amazing ExperienceGregMaryVIPDined on 5/14/2014There is no sign but address is right. In the back of a beer bar called Torst, bartender asked my name and pointed to a white door. It slid open and there we were. Wow, what a unique prelude to the unique experience to come! Restaurant is small seating only 25 or so. There's a casual intimacy to it. The kitchen is open with Chef Daniel Burns front and center. He's friendly, proud (as he should be), and there with you every step of the way. The food was exceptional and the experience amazing! From fiddle neck ferns to whitebait french fries to chicken oysters to beetroot licorice ice cream. All were delicious and a treat for the senses. We've been to The French Laundry. Luksus is all of that but more inventive without pretension.Special Features:
- Luksus is LuxuryNiCFlyfisherDined on 5/9/2014Lots of really good small dishes that all make it for a perfect dinner. Perfect !! Super food and beer pairing.Special Features:
- FantasticGonzaDined on 5/7/2014Really a great choice to dinner and pair the food with amasing beers !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavors out of this world!FatRafaVIPDined on 4/30/2014Literally, Chef works with a palate of flavours most US tops chefs barely understand and does it with such mastery and subtely yet little arrogance and desire to show off.... This tasting menu beet Ateras and 11 Madisons Park on this trip. No triks or gimmiks nor overthinking of food here; Chef uses many of the modern techniques but with a focus on the end product producing interesting always flavourfull yet subtle flavours and textures throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Verk interesting tastesMaggieDined on 4/18/2014Innovative food, some totalt unknown ingredients. Very interesting! Sat at the bar and had the opurtunity to se the chefs work in the perfekt kitcken. A good place for a special dinner. Not cheap but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luxurious diningKusabusaDined on 4/15/2014Me and my husband had an amazing evening at Luksus. We got a table by the kitchen and that was great.,so interesting and fun to see the grande chef from Canada do his work. The food was so delicious and the presentarion beautiful. The service was great and we felt like being taken care of. We got some extra beers from the bar. And got to chat with the chef. Friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014Attention to detail. Ambitions. Great taste. Modern. Noma vs Modern American. Effecient. Great beer pairings.Special Features:
- OverpricedLiseDined on 4/9/2014The food and beer was fine, but I was disappointed that the beer pairing didn't include any beer on tap even though the bar has plenty to choose from. And the price was outrageous compared to other gourmet restaurants in New York City. The dining experience did in no way match the price tag. Eat somewhere else and go have a beer at Tørst afterwards.
- Just plain awesomebkylncowboyDined on 3/30/2014So I just spent 15 minutes writing the most detailed and complimentary review possible and found out I was 1583 characters over the limit. I have never written a review before but this was so good and so enjoyable one I started I could not stop writing. Just imagine all the accolades I had. Short version-The meal was unmatched anywhere we have eaten in the last few years-tasty, well flavored and a joy to look at The apps were creative and broad ranging, each more creative than the next. The two fish entrees were unique very different presentations and again stunning and delicious. Dessert -all three just brought the house down. The beer parings rocked, well beyond expectations. Service was the best ever and all worth every pennySpecial Features:
- Can't write enough!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014Went there with my wife and my 7 month old. We were nervous about bringing her, but the attitude and demeanour of all the staff was amazing. They all made us feel welcome, and relaxed, and when the baby started protesting, Laura set us at ease. Even the chef came out to check on her!! As parents of 2 young children, and me being a chef, we don't get many opportunities to go out, but this place was worth it. Not to mention the food and beer choices were amazing!! Best music playlist, just everything about it was enjoyable. Thanks Luksus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food in a relaxed settingMikeoDined on 3/25/2014Luksus was brilliant. Tucked away in the back of Torst bar, the food was inventive but most importantly delicious. Service was great and the beer pairing a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and memorable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014Luksus has managed to create highly-skilled and delicious plates that match the unique and eclectic beer selection. Tucked in the back of Torst, the intimate seating and exposed small kitchen make for a highly memorable experience. Impeccable and friendly service compliments the Scandinavian plates, which are both interesting and fresh.Special Features:
- creative oasisericDined on 3/19/2014Such a pleasure to find a chef with the courage and ability to bring new flavors to the food world. eg: Chrysanthemum and pork broth with rutabaga puree and smoked egg? Carrot parfait with dollops of gelled cumin and basil? Wow! is all I can say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night outKateODined on 3/14/2014We went to Luksus this past Friday night. We were two couples who really like trying out new restaurants and love creative food. We were greeted by a friendly bartender who led us into the secret dining room. It feels very exclusive. Our server was friendly, explained everything well, and was attentive. We decided to have the beer pairing with our meal, too, and were very happy with the beer alone and paired with the food. The food is creative and fun and delicious. This little gem of a place with a casual, festive yet sophisticated atmosphere and unbelievable food and beer is a perfect spot for a fun night out. Considering the quality of the food and the service, it is priced very fairly. Already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed My Mind About Beer PairingsPicklesNChzDined on 3/9/2014Luksus was lovely. Sitting at the bar and chatting with the chef was a treat. The space is lovely if a little drafty. The five-course tasting menu started with several snacks, pickled fish, chicken oysters, fried lamb sweetbreads, etc. All good. Then onto three savory courses. Each was interesting, but a bit over-conceived and the portions were quite small. Dessert was the strongest course with interesting savory flavors like cumin, bay, and carrot. The beer pairings were all very well matched to the food and included some really interesting wild fermentation. The beers skewed toward the light, dry, and sour which works really well with food, better than most red wines actually. Beer pairing is not a gimmick here. Try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem called LuksusPieraVIPDined on 2/27/2014Luksus is outstanding. I brought my fiance there for his birthday last week and everything was stellar. We were led through a door at the back of Torst bar and immediately were submersed in a culinary dreamland! The service was attentive and beyond helpful. The food, ohhhhh the food! Sublime in every sense of the word! This is a set menu that changes often so I will definitely be going back ASAP to see what else that fantastic chef can whip up. Also, we sat at the counter and were able to chat with the chef and his sous the entire time. Such a lovely and unique experience. Defintely get the beer pairing with dinner if you drink. Its fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.