333 St Charles
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lukeneworleans.com/
- Phone: 5043782840x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast:7:00am - 11:00am Mon - Fri, 7am-10am Sat - Sun; Lunch: Mon - Fri: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sat - Sun: 10:00am - 4:00pm; TAKE OUT 7am-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, French
- Executive Chef: Matt Regan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Lüke offers a range of private dining options. There is semi-private dining in view of the kitchen which seats up to 24. For receptions or sit down dinners there are four ballrooms that accommodate 190 guests seated or 250 guests reception-style. If you already have an event location in mind, let us bring the tastes of Lüke to you. Our team will coordinate delivery, set up and preparation, providing full-service coordination of your event meal. We can accommodate a variety of menu options, creating a unique event that features Lüke’s fresh ingredients, Old World cuisine and New Orleans style.
A word from Lüke
Old World New Orleans brasseries that offers warmth, comfort, great food and good cheer. This John Besh restaurant combines the best of French, German and Creole Cuisines. Lüke offers an extensive French, German, and Belgian beer selection, including two exclusive house brews [custom-made in Louisiana]. The cuisine is unaffectedly Old World, using slow and traditional cooking techniques. The wine list will feature reds and whites from the Loire, Alsace, and Savoie regions, as well as Badischerwiens of Germany. Located in the heart of the Central Business District, Lüke will serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lüke reviews from OpenTable diners
361 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (232)special occasion (113)good for groups (111)great for lunch (106)hot spot (80)great for brunch (78)neighborhood gem (78)vibrant bar scene (54)notable wine list (53)romantic (44)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (19)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Girls TripOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Went with 4 other ladies on the first night of a bachelorette weekend. Amazing! Our server (wish I could remember his name) was fantastic and fun. His recommendations were spot on! We had the squash blossom appetizer and I had the ravioli for my entree (on his recommendation). Both were divine! I also sampled my friend's shrimp and grits and that was fantastic too. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014I was in town for a work conference and ended up at Luke for dinner with three colleagues. We were sat quickly for our reservation and ordered drinks almost immediately. We tried a dozen raw oysters and the goat cheese squash blossums to start - both were excellent. For dinner, I ordered the salmon - it was amazing. For dessert, we had both the creme brulee and the pecan tart, and we almost licked the plates clean. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter Richie Rich aka Rich WhatleyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Our waiter was fantastic. He predicted the food we planned to order. He asked if we like chocolate or Carmel and surprised us with two desserts of his choosing. Both desserts were yummy. My 7 year old said it was the Best dinner she has ever had. She had the ravioli. We will definitely return and request Rich as our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/18/2014food is excellent (egg in a jar), but service is extremely slow. stood at hostess stand, un-acknowledged for I don't know how long, then they didn't check my open table reservation inSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time in NOOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014A wonderful excellent dining experience! My first time here in New Orleans and I researched great Chef's and local restaurants. There was three of us so I was lucky enough to taste three dishes... delicious! The food was so excellent that all three of us had to order desert just to taste the indulgence. I highly recommend and I will go back or search other John Besh restaurants.Special Features:
- Where's the chef ?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Call the owner. With much thought I selected Luke as our special New Orleans dining experience. I can take the noise level if I can relax into the wonderful tastes of the local cuisine . I expected fresh, creative and professionally prepared food. Time to rethink and rewrite your recipes. The serving staff was professional. A total dining disaster.Special Features:
- Bev's ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I would and will recommend Luuk to anyone. The barmaid was friendly and offered an experienced opinion on wine suggestions and assured me that all choices from the menu would be exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmm1961Dined on 9/14/2014Food and service excellent. I had the gulf fish which was nicely prepared with not too rich a sauce and delicately steamed vegetables. My appetizer - the crab bisque was a little spicy (but the menu and waiter forewarned me of this). The overall dining experience was excellent and the staff treated our party very well. I would go back again. Parking might be a challenge on a week night, but was fine on the Sunday evening when I went.Special Features:
- Good, not Great.MackieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was ok. It was loud. Service was pretty good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Shrimp 'n' Grits ever!!!gritsgalDined on 9/13/2014I eat at Luke each time I visit New Orleans and will continue to do so. They have the best Shrimp 'n' Grits I've ever eaten!! We got off to the wrong start with the waiter. He recognized the fact that he had "forgotten" about us and took responsibility for it. He delivered a glass of champagne for each of us and was very attentive the rest of the evening. I'll be back . . .Special Features:
- DelishReneebart71Dined on 9/13/2014My entire meal was amazing from start to finish. Our server was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentClubConciergeVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food...the atmosphere...excellent! I had been recommending Luke and I am happy to report delicious food. I am definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid foodXanderDined on 9/12/2014The cocktails (Old Fashioned and Riverbend) were underwhelming. The appetizers (Sweetbreads and Stuffed Squash) were between okay and good. The entrees (Pork shoulder and Swordfish) were absolutely fantastic. The dessert (Fig tart with ice cream) was good but not great. This would have been a 2-star experience at a 4-star price, were it not for the REALLY well-executed entrees. We may go back to Lüke, but with so many other restaurants to try, our next experience is going to have to be something special for this restaurant to be in our regular rotation. And we probably won't get cocktails next time.Special Features:
- just do itdorko135Dined on 9/9/2014Lüke is always good. It's a great lunch place and an even better dinner place. You will not be disappointed by anything at Lüke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Great as always. Have eaten there many times for dinner, this was our first breakfast/brunch. Food was great and portions were correct size. Staff was very friendly, and accommodating especially with two kids under 3 years of age.Special Features:
- return engagementwillyareDined on 9/6/2014for my second visit, i chose to indulge my favorite memory from the first one: the outstanding selections of charcuterie, small plates and salads. my dinner companion and i skipped the entrees and shared every item on the appetizer column for a most memorable meal. can't wait to repeat the exercise with another seasonal menu. luke illuminates a tributary of mainline new orleans cuisine, the german/alsation vein that left an imprint on local food culture, and awakens fond memories.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service.funkbartonDined on 9/6/2014The food was unquestionably great. The service was outstanding. The only "issue" for me was the noise level. It's not a place to go have a nice chat over a meal. Really I felt that I had to yell to be heard across the table. But, this is just a personal preference perhaps. Even with the noise level I'd go again and recommend Lüke to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnertimlivesDined on 9/6/2014The entire staff made us feel like our occasion was the only one that mattered that evening. From the front door hostess to the random staff who didn't wait our table, every one knew it was our anniversary and wished us a happy celebration. The staff looked as though they loved their jobs and worked great as a team. We never waited for anything. Really nice touch was the complimentary glass of champagne and dessert. Also was awesome that we were there for happy hour appetizers and cocktails. And our wait staff made sure we knew right before the time ended so we could order anything else while still happy hour prices. They were all fantastic and the food was incredible!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FooddridrVIPDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed our meal here. The appetizers were much better than the entrees. One of the entrees, the local fish prepared almondine, was totally unremarkable. We actually had to ask for some sort of sauce to liven it up. We had four different appetizers, all of which were excellent. The desserts were also fabulousSpecial Features:
- BAD serviceMclaw26Dined on 9/5/2014I don't ever give bad reviews but I have to give Luke a bad review because of the horrible service. I'm on vacation with 3 girlfriends and I was so excited to to Luke because I had been before and loved it. So I really hyped the place up. Our server didn't introduce himself. He took a very long time to appear and then when he did appear he was brief with us and gave us no information about the menu and specials. He seemed annoyed to take care of us. When we got our food everything tasted great but two of my friends food was cold and we could tell that it have been sitting in the window. In the end we talked to the manager and he seemed pretty apathic and didn't do anything. I'm sad that the dinner turned out like that.
- Excellent food, Excellent ServiceGTJacketDined on 9/5/2014Best food experience for the money in New Orleans. Great food, great service. My number one place to eat when in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new orleans charmvickyDined on 9/3/2014Here for a conference. Loved the food, the feel and happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014The ragout of lamb very extremely fatty. I complained to the manager who took the dish back and brought a replacement which was marginally better but still very fatty. I wasn'tcharged for that dish but would have been apalled if I had been. My husband had the Alaskan salmon which was very good. The music in the restaurant was very loud and not very amenable to conversations. The ceiling needed repairs as did some of the wall moulding. The waitress was not very knowledgable about the menu and was not very attentive for this type of restaurant. Overall, I was disappointed at the lack of attention to detail that I would expect at a restaurant of this caliper.
- Best Crab BisqueOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/1/2014Luke may not have been the right place for us I'm sad to say. Or maybe it was our food selections. We just left feeling really disappointed in the food that we had such high hopes for. I loved the restaurant space and the waitstaff were friendly and attentive. I ordered a cup of the crab bisque and this was to die for. This was the best crab bisque I've tasted and wish I would have just ordered the bowl. Our other menu selections were so-so. The shrimp and grits was salty and the gulf fish was very bland. It may have been the preparation we selected- should have gone with the wine/butter sauce. This place was a really average experience.
- Good But Not GreatPistacheDined on 8/31/2014This is what happens when celebrity chefs put their name on the marquee and then leave the cooking to others. Don't go to Luke expecting the magic of Restaurant August. If John Besh's name wasn't on the menu this would be just another faux brasserie. The crew in the dining room and in the glassed-in kitchen work hard but the divided dining room is disconcerting and the ambiance falls away the farther into the rooms you go. The decor in the back dining room is minimal and the seating uncomfortable. The food is good, but nothing special by New Orleans standards. Plenty of other places to go and few reasons to go here.
- Great food, meh service.ChrisTVIPDined on 8/31/2014The food is always great, always on point. Service starts out fine every time, it seems very attentative and professional. Then after the appetizers no one will clear the table until right before your main course, which means about ten minutes just staring at things harden on your plate, even while drinks are refilled. Because of that, I guess, they didn't see we now have no utensils. But since you've got your entree nows when the waiter disappears for 15min. Eventually we got a busboy to bring us new ones but it seemed to make him flustered and uncomfortable. Getting the check wasn't too bad, not great, but since I've already been sensitized to the hangtime iys irksome. This is not the first time brunch has gone that way, nor the second.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite NOLA RestaurantSteveB824Dined on 8/30/2014In our four days in New Orleans we had dinner once and breakfast twice at Luke. The on-line menu caught our attention and it fully delivered in every way. The food was just outstanding. The look of the place is very warm and inviting. Our waiters were very knowledgeable and helpful. It is an energized spot for dinner and we had no issues with that at all. Breakfasts were quiet and relaxing. There was a screaming baby in the restaurant during parts of two of our meals. My wife's breakfast on our second trip had one sausage while on our first breakfast trip it had 2. One of her coffees had grounds floating in it, but that was fixed immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014took 15 minutes to bring us an Old Fashioned--other than that, stellar!Special Features:
- Good StuffbjlovestoeatDined on 8/28/2014We were heading to the Thursday night Saints game. Found good parking and then needed to find good food. I made a number of suggestions to my wife and she choose Luke. Made the reservation through the phone app and walked there within fifteen minutes. The restaurant was buzzing with patrons. The staff was on its game. The food was exactly what we have come to expect. I didn't notice that the Broiled Oysters were absent from the menu!!! This is not a good thing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DinnerDiningLoverDined on 8/25/2014Our dinner was delicious! We shared the pork schnitzel entree as well as the stuffed squash blossom appetizer. I had a cup of gumbo and my husband had a cup of bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014good food with great ambiance. Make sure you ask for the raw menu...the sampler platter was delicious. I ordered the shrimp/jalapeno grits, which was amazing, but a fairly small portionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must visit in New OrleansSamanthaDined on 8/23/2014Everything we had was delicious. From the steak to the baked oysters, we couldn't get enough. My favorite though was the shrimp and grits. Great wine choices, and very friendly staff. Good service.Special Features:
- Must try the house made PateVacationerVIPDined on 8/23/2014My son ordered the Rabbit and Chicken liver pate as his entree -- and it was enough for two of us. It was absolutely the most delicious pate I've ever had. It was served in a cute little jar with crisp toasts, grainy mustard, a berry chutney, pickles, pickled onions. This is a must try dish -- I would recommend it an an app for 4. The Moules Frites were unimpressive -- I had to ask for a large spoon to get some of the broth which was buried in the bottom of a too deep pot, under too many very small and not very juicy mussels. The frites, on the other hand, were fabulous, though enough for 3. My husband had the Jalapeno grits with Shrimp and he loved it, though would have preferred spicier grits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luke August 2014YankeefanDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I looked forward to dining at this restaurant. The food was overall good but it had some miss hits. I am a salt fan, but my dis hep was even too salty for me. My wife's fish was very tasty,but the red potatoes were hard,very under cooked. The service was good,but a little inattentive. We sat for about 20 minutes with out a drink refill, my wife had to call the waiter over for a refill. Overall not terrible but a little disappointingI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDondDined on 8/23/2014We are at 5:30 PM. Service was wonderful, food was excellent, wasn't very crowded. Since it was our first meal, the manager gave my wife and I a complementary dessert. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I had the shrimp and jalapeño grits dish. The meal was very good but the jalapeño flavor was not prominent enough for my taste. Also had the creme brûlée for dessert. It was good. Overall nothing was wrong with the food, it was good. But it was not exceptional either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great timeTulaneMomDined on 8/22/2014Staying at Le Pavillon, Luke is just a short walk from the hotel. Let's face it, everything was just what you would expect in a John Besh restaurant. Great food, good service, and expensive. We loved everything about it (except the expensive but hey)...the fried oyster salad, the mussels, the baked oysters, the shrimp and grits, the gumbo, and the rib eye were all wonderfully prepared and delicious. The wine selections perfect. But the bread pudding. Oh my, the bread pudding. It's the best ever. Ridiculously good. And yes, next time in town we'll be back. And the next time after that.
- Fun NightJeanieDined on 8/22/2014We arrived on a Friday evening just before the end of "Happy hour". Our table was near the bar. It was very noisy in that area. Maybe there is a quieter area. The food was good, but our waiter was not very attentive. We needed more ice in our tea. We hardly saw the waiter. His assistant was more attentive, but a restaurant of this caliber should have better service.Special Features:
- Spotty service and foodsxmscorpioDined on 8/21/2014We were 6. Our server was somewhat cold and distant; menu had many new items. For starters; the rabbit and chicken liver pate was more than enough for two and was spectacular although the toast was burnt. The squash blossoms were just ok. Jumbo shrimp en cocotte very good. Mains; salmon - great. The gulf fish (red fish) was battered which was unexpected and served on a 6 or 7 inch plate atop mixed vegetables...the fish was almost hanging over the plate and looked unappealing and unappetizing. It was also lukewarm. Mentioned this to the restaurant manager. Server continued to do the bare minimum without a word or smile. We shared the bread pudding, strawberry pavlova and vanilla cake; no raves except for the pavlova. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Great restuarant!MelMackDined on 8/21/2014The place is a wonderful for small groups and lunch. I would recommend it to everyongSpecial Features: