333 St Charles
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lukeneworleans.com/
- Phone: 5043782840
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast:7:00am - 11:00am Mon - Fri, 7am-10am Sat - Sun; Lunch: Mon - Fri: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sat - Sun: 10:00am - 4:00pm; TAKE OUT 7am-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, French
- Executive Chef: Matt Regan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Lüke offers a range of private dining options. There is semi-private dining in view of the kitchen which seats up to 24. For receptions or sit down dinners there are four ballrooms that accommodate 190 guests seated or 250 guests reception-style. If you already have an event location in mind, let us bring the tastes of Lüke to you. Our team will coordinate delivery, set up and preparation, providing full-service coordination of your event meal. We can accommodate a variety of menu options, creating a unique event that features Lüke’s fresh ingredients, Old World cuisine and New Orleans style.
A word from Lüke
Old World New Orleans brasseries that offers warmth, comfort, great food and good cheer. This John Besh restaurant combines the best of French, German and Creole Cuisines. Lüke offers an extensive French, German, and Belgian beer selection, including two exclusive house brews [custom-made in Louisiana]. The cuisine is unaffectedly Old World, using slow and traditional cooking techniques. The wine list will feature reds and whites from the Loire, Alsace, and Savoie regions, as well as Badischerwiens of Germany. Located in the heart of the Central Business District, Lüke will serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lüke reviews from OpenTable diners
384 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (231)great for lunch (120)special occasion (119)good for groups (116)hot spot (91)great for brunch (86)neighborhood gem (83)vibrant bar scene (58)romantic (51)notable wine list (50)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (21)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great food, meh service.ChrisTVIPDined on 8/31/2014The food is always great, always on point. Service starts out fine every time, it seems very attentative and professional. Then after the appetizers no one will clear the table until right before your main course, which means about ten minutes just staring at things harden on your plate, even while drinks are refilled. Because of that, I guess, they didn't see we now have no utensils. But since you've got your entree nows when the waiter disappears for 15min. Eventually we got a busboy to bring us new ones but it seemed to make him flustered and uncomfortable. Getting the check wasn't too bad, not great, but since I've already been sensitized to the hangtime iys irksome. This is not the first time brunch has gone that way, nor the second.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014took 15 minutes to bring us an Old Fashioned--other than that, stellar!Special Features:
- Good StuffbjlovestoeatDined on 8/28/2014We were heading to the Thursday night Saints game. Found good parking and then needed to find good food. I made a number of suggestions to my wife and she choose Luke. Made the reservation through the phone app and walked there within fifteen minutes. The restaurant was buzzing with patrons. The staff was on its game. The food was exactly what we have come to expect. I didn't notice that the Broiled Oysters were absent from the menu!!! This is not a good thing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DinnerDiningLoverDined on 8/25/2014Our dinner was delicious! We shared the pork schnitzel entree as well as the stuffed squash blossom appetizer. I had a cup of gumbo and my husband had a cup of bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014good food with great ambiance. Make sure you ask for the raw menu...the sampler platter was delicious. I ordered the shrimp/jalapeno grits, which was amazing, but a fairly small portionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must visit in New OrleansSamanthaDined on 8/23/2014Everything we had was delicious. From the steak to the baked oysters, we couldn't get enough. My favorite though was the shrimp and grits. Great wine choices, and very friendly staff. Good service.Special Features:
- Must try the house made PateVacationerVIPDined on 8/23/2014My son ordered the Rabbit and Chicken liver pate as his entree -- and it was enough for two of us. It was absolutely the most delicious pate I've ever had. It was served in a cute little jar with crisp toasts, grainy mustard, a berry chutney, pickles, pickled onions. This is a must try dish -- I would recommend it an an app for 4. The Moules Frites were unimpressive -- I had to ask for a large spoon to get some of the broth which was buried in the bottom of a too deep pot, under too many very small and not very juicy mussels. The frites, on the other hand, were fabulous, though enough for 3. My husband had the Jalapeno grits with Shrimp and he loved it, though would have preferred spicier grits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luke August 2014YankeefanDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I looked forward to dining at this restaurant. The food was overall good but it had some miss hits. I am a salt fan, but my dis hep was even too salty for me. My wife's fish was very tasty,but the red potatoes were hard,very under cooked. The service was good,but a little inattentive. We sat for about 20 minutes with out a drink refill, my wife had to call the waiter over for a refill. Overall not terrible but a little disappointingI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDondDined on 8/23/2014We are at 5:30 PM. Service was wonderful, food was excellent, wasn't very crowded. Since it was our first meal, the manager gave my wife and I a complementary dessert. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I had the shrimp and jalapeño grits dish. The meal was very good but the jalapeño flavor was not prominent enough for my taste. Also had the creme brûlée for dessert. It was good. Overall nothing was wrong with the food, it was good. But it was not exceptional either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great timeTulaneMomDined on 8/22/2014Staying at Le Pavillon, Luke is just a short walk from the hotel. Let's face it, everything was just what you would expect in a John Besh restaurant. Great food, good service, and expensive. We loved everything about it (except the expensive but hey)...the fried oyster salad, the mussels, the baked oysters, the shrimp and grits, the gumbo, and the rib eye were all wonderfully prepared and delicious. The wine selections perfect. But the bread pudding. Oh my, the bread pudding. It's the best ever. Ridiculously good. And yes, next time in town we'll be back. And the next time after that.
- Fun NightJeanieDined on 8/22/2014We arrived on a Friday evening just before the end of "Happy hour". Our table was near the bar. It was very noisy in that area. Maybe there is a quieter area. The food was good, but our waiter was not very attentive. We needed more ice in our tea. We hardly saw the waiter. His assistant was more attentive, but a restaurant of this caliber should have better service.Special Features:
- Spotty service and foodsxmscorpioDined on 8/21/2014We were 6. Our server was somewhat cold and distant; menu had many new items. For starters; the rabbit and chicken liver pate was more than enough for two and was spectacular although the toast was burnt. The squash blossoms were just ok. Jumbo shrimp en cocotte very good. Mains; salmon - great. The gulf fish (red fish) was battered which was unexpected and served on a 6 or 7 inch plate atop mixed vegetables...the fish was almost hanging over the plate and looked unappealing and unappetizing. It was also lukewarm. Mentioned this to the restaurant manager. Server continued to do the bare minimum without a word or smile. We shared the bread pudding, strawberry pavlova and vanilla cake; no raves except for the pavlova. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Great restuarant!MelMackDined on 8/21/2014The place is a wonderful for small groups and lunch. I would recommend it to everyongSpecial Features:
- gooddeweydecimal27Dined on 8/17/2014The apps were good (crab and frog legs), but a bit disappointing for the price. But the entrées (mussels and ribeye) were fantastic. The steak was perfectly cooked. We also loved the French 75s and our wine. When we asked for the dessert menu we were told the chef already had something on the way. It was a delicious steamed chocolate cake with salted caramel ice cream and a crunchy salty nutty wafer thing. Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious from beginning to endJustUsDined on 8/16/2014The P&J Oysters are divine. The shrimp creole is perfection. Rich, our waiter, was attentive and funny. Can't complain about anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service, awesome foodAndreyPavlovDined on 8/16/2014The food here was incredible. We loved every bite of it. And the seating we got was amazing - right by the kitchen. It was quiet enough to have a conversation without feeling like we were in a library and needed to be hushed. And being able to watch the cooks work was a treat. The service was beyond reproach and they noted my special request for a quieter table and wished us a happy anniversary and brought us a glass of champagne each, on the house. While pricey, it wasn't as expensive as it could have been and we felt that every penny was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014We were seated in back area which was much quieter and conducive to private conversation. Shrimp and grits and crab bisque were excellent. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pjocDined on 8/16/2014Love this restaurant!! You have to try the shrimp & eggs in a jar...outstanding! Always great food, service & the coffee is wonderful.Special Features:
- Luke was "Okay" Not bad..Not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Nice old New Orleans feel. This place gets incredibly loud. More fitting for pre /post game activities not a romantic quiet atmosphere. The food was underwhelming with a small selection. I almost ordered the ribeye, glad I didn't because it looked like something from a cheap buffet type steakhouse. With so many restaurants in the city, my wife and I both agree that we will not return here anytime soon. I'm sure many patrons will disagree with this review. I eat in NOLA frequently and only try to describe a realistic expectation for a dining experience.
- Always a Good ExperienceAllenVIPDined on 8/14/2014Bistro style energetic surroundings. A varied menu suits everyone. Try the fried oyster salad or the daily special, or go for a delicious burger with thin crispy fries. The oyster bars serves up great things as well.Special Features:
- Superb CuisineAlineDined on 8/13/2014Luke is my choice ahead of Galatoire's when i visit New Orleans. Not that its food is similar in any way. The focus on fresh, delectable ingredients prepared with imagination and skill made every dish we ordered seem like a magical experience. We left there wishin, above all, that we had John Besh in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Ambience and ServiceNOLAEater60Dined on 8/12/2014The food was excellent - rabbit pate, duck breast, crab blt all excellent. Server Rich was entertaining, just surly enough and excellent table service! This place is consistent and the service never skips a beat. Crème Brulee and Gaetan Basque for dessert - YOWZA!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oysterfestBar1Dined on 8/11/2014Every time I'm in NOLA, I make it a point to go their happy hour. Yon can't beat the $.50 oysters and the 1/2 price specialty drinks. After the oysters you can really enjoy the great food there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- honeymoon dinnergeorgeDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I chose Lukes for our first dinner on our honeymoon and they did not disappoint. The service was fantastic, and educated about the menu. We are from Colorado so we had some questions about the sea food. Very good dinning experience and set a very high bar for the rest of our trip.Special Features:
- Guess she was having a bad daydcanDined on 8/10/2014It was the first time I tried Luke for Sunday Brunch. I had been there many times for dinner. The food was good but for some reason our waitress just could not get our order straight. Perhaps it is a little too chatty and energetic in there to the point where she could not hear the customer. I ordered a bowl of crawfish bisque which I never got. When my entree was brought out I asked about the bisque. She apologised said she forgot to write it down and would bring it out as soon as possible. After several minutes she brought out two biscuits. I sent them back and gave up. My date had to order coffee three times before the waitress understood what she was trying to order. Probably will not make it back to Luke for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I expectedJennDined on 8/8/2014Great ambiance...didn't seem like a lot of seating so definitely have a reservation. We had the crabmeat appetizer. Very good flavor, seasoned perfectly so the crab was the focus of the dish. My husband and I shared and it was plenty. For dinner, I had the shrimp and grits. Being from New Orleans, I have high expectations. They were exceeded. Very very flavorful dish. Hubby had the chicken...he wanted to come back just so he could eat the chicken again. Seasoned all the way, served with seasonal veggies and potatoes. He had a big serving and he was very happy with the portion size. We also each ordered a different dessert. I had the creme brûlée .. Very good but nothing special. Hubby got the bread pudding. Wow! Amazing!Special Features:
- Nothing good but the food...mankindDined on 8/8/2014The food has truly amazing taste. We ordered shrimps for our main courses, and they're all as big as half of my hand...DELICIOUS !!! However, the service is somewhat disappointing me A LOT. Looked for a romantic restaurant in NOLA with French style, and expected the services (in my experiences in NOLA before) should be kinda mellow; despite them all, they were a bit rude when introducing the wine and asking for the orders. I know they are famous, but there were abt 3-4 empty tables which we demanded to move because our spots were close to the entrance and next to the bar which are NOT romantic, but they said the tables were fully booked !!! BUT for the whole evening, no one even comes.... Not only that, they were kinda rushed for the bill..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fantastic ExperiencetechbulldogDined on 8/8/2014Everything about our visit to Luke was amazing. We made a same-day reservation on Open Table, noting that we were celebrating our anniversary. After being seated we were greeted by our server with complimentary glasses of champagne. Our appetizers were delicious. The crawfish boudin was spicy and flavorful, and the jumbo boiled shrimp were, well, huge! We had a hard time selecting our entrees - everything sounded so good! Our server was really helpful in helping us narrow our choices. The steak was perfectly cooked. The seafood etouffe was devine. Then, after dinner, the manager brought over a complimentary chocolate steam cake dessert with "Happy Anniversary" decorating the plate in chocolate. Our entire experience was amazing!Special Features:
- DuchessDined on 8/5/2014Food was simply wonderful. Service friendly and attentive. Great way to end our stay in NOL.Special Features:
- Good but Underwhelmed.NashvilleatsDined on 8/3/2014I had BIG expectations for a John Besh restaurant...love the atmosphere, but were seated in the back room with less energy and while our waitress had much to be desired in service. We opted for a tapas-type meal to try a little of everything. The results: Crab bisque-underwhelming...should have sent back. Oysters-fresh and delicious...but it's the gulf so that should be assumed. Luke Beer-yes Crawfish Boudin-delicious gulf spin on a nice German sausage French Fries-eh...can't we get a little duck fat or something? Crabmeat Maison-needs more lemon and salt Flamenkuche-delicious...I want to adopt the bacon as my next child. Overall it was an interesting, good experience, but from Besh I want nothing less than fantastic. Please step it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is Luke!NewOrleansLadyandGentDined on 8/3/2014This was our first visit to Luke and it was a great choice. With New Orleans booming with amazing places to eat, Luke does great job of holding its own in the ranks of delicious restaurants not to miss. This is the restaurant to go is you are looking for great food in an energetic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Bring Your Outdoor VoicesuchanDined on 8/3/2014Luke has great food, superb service. The room is quite loud, and we had the misfortune to be there at the end of happy hour. A couple dozen well-lubricated young people made it difficult for us to hear each other. When they left, the atmosphere quickly improved. Good dining choice in a convenient location.Special Features:
- Made our concert night even better!Dragonmom24Dined on 8/3/2014We went before the JT concert and I really liked that they played a lot of his music while we dined. Even though it was very crowded we had great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun bistrobontempsDined on 8/3/2014This lively spot has a great bistro menu and atmosphere, albeit a bit noisy true to the bistro style. The service was very attentive and the meal was well paced and the food was very good. They are a pretty large place so it was great to be able to get reservations on a busy, concert night. The cocktails are yummy too! We loved the French 75 there!Special Features:
- A Great BrunchDonNDined on 8/3/2014We had a simple brunch, crawfish bisque and Cajun gumbo and bread. It was perfect, two of the best bowls of soup that we can remember. The convivial and intelligent waitress was a delight to talk to as she was serving. Distinctive food, responsive service, a memorable meal. Luke is a fine restaurant, and we can recommend it highly to those who enjoy this sort of experience.Special Features:
- Quintessential New OrleanskathyrcDined on 8/2/2014The food, the ambience, the service, the clientele could not have been better---OMG, the cocktails--most important! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- opinioncatjungDined on 8/1/2014Great concept, if only the chef's could reproduce John Besh's dishes to perfection. Salt included! My husband's entrecote was so salty along with our fries it was barely edible, and we like salt. My mussels were barely cooked and/or opened I had to send them back for them to cook them more. The foie gras and the pate was awesome though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!Cupcakes29Dined on 8/1/2014This place is as close as it gets to a French bistro in New Orleans. Sit in the main restaurant and choose from some great seafood dishes. Ask for Terrione as your server. He catered to our every whim and was sure we always had a full glass of what we were drinking. It's a John Besh restaurant and it shows!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour oysters and beerannieVIPDined on 8/1/2014Stellar menu with locally sourced ingredients. 50 cents oysters before 6 pm and half off draft beerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.