333 St Charles
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lukeneworleans.com/
- Phone: (504) 378-2840
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast:7:00am - 11:00am Mon - Fri, 7am-10am Sat - Sun; Lunch: Mon - Fri: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sat - Sun: 10:00am - 4:00pm; TAKE OUT 7am-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, French
- Executive Chef: Matt Regan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Lüke offers a range of private dining options. There is semi-private dining in view of the kitchen which seats up to 24. For receptions or sit down dinners there are four ballrooms that accommodate 190 guests seated or 250 guests reception-style. If you already have an event location in mind, let us bring the tastes of Lüke to you. Our team will coordinate delivery, set up and preparation, providing full-service coordination of your event meal. We can accommodate a variety of menu options, creating a unique event that features Lüke’s fresh ingredients, Old World cuisine and New Orleans style.
A word from Lüke
Old World New Orleans brasseries that offers warmth, comfort, great food and good cheer. This John Besh restaurant combines the best of French, German and Creole Cuisines. Lüke offers an extensive French, German, and Belgian beer selection, including two exclusive house brews [custom-made in Louisiana]. The cuisine is unaffectedly Old World, using slow and traditional cooking techniques. The wine list will feature reds and whites from the Loire, Alsace, and Savoie regions, as well as Badischerwiens of Germany. Located in the heart of the Central Business District, Lüke will serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lüke reviews from OpenTable diners
384 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (252)good for groups (119)hot spot (100)great for lunch (96)neighborhood gem (86)special occasion (84)vibrant bar scene (72)great for brunch (68)notable wine list (37)romantic (37)late-night find (29)kid-friendly (23)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014I reserved this for my anniversary dinner. We both loved a it but the only issue I had was the noise level but overall the food and service was spectacular. Also we got a complimentary anniversary dessert which topped it off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014As the title says, this restaurant has both good food and good service. The food preparation is more French than New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD & EXCELLENT SERVICE!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014We live in the CBD and LUKE has become our go-to local restaurant. With all of the great restaurants in town we find ourselves drawn back to LUKE! I love to bring guests here as the atmosphere is great and the staff always goes out of their way to make our guests feel welcome! We love everything on the menu but the Shrimp and Grits are especially amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lisbethDined on 11/19/2014One of my favorite local restuarants! Walkable from my apartment and always friendly.Special Features:
- beignetsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014The beignets are better than Cafe' DuMonde. They are a soft, tender, slightly sweet dough fried to a perfect crispness, then generously dusted with confectioners sugar. The perfect accompaniment to the french pressed coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday Dinner!nstratDined on 11/16/2014My boyfriend and I had dinner at Luke while in New Orleans visiting family. I mentioned that it was my birthday month and that the dinner was kind of part of the celebration. We split the small seafood platter (oysters, shrimp, clams, mussels, ceviche). Everything tasted fresh and the sauce for the shrimp was on point. Then we split the oyster, avocado, and bacon salad and the chicken/rabbit pate. The salad had large chunks of pancetta, which was a nice surprise and they split the salad for us evenly. There were a total of 6 large fried oysters. It was tasty, though not the highlight. The pate was amazing. The portion was huge, the most pate I've ever seen. The pickled watermelon went with the pate perfectly, as did the pepper jelly. It also came with stone mustard and house made pickles. For an entree, we split the shrimp and jalapeno cheese grits. Also amazing and split for us into mini cast iron skillets. We were stuffed and then they dropped a free dessert, which was chocolate cake and salted caramel ice cream. Delicious. Service was well paced and attentive, but not overbearing. Our waters were refilled often. The cocktails were good. I recommend the River Bend. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great oysters and friesPixieVIPDined on 11/16/2014Festive, Nola atmosphere. Service a little slow, had a forgetful waiter last 2 visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousKatieVIPDined on 11/16/2014We have been to Luke several times (breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner) and it is always excellent! On top of all their other amazing dishes, they have the best grits in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- requestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Every request I made was done perfectly, it was my wife's birthday and she was very surprised and we'll satisfied with the desert choice that was made for her, we will definitely be returning back for another Luke's experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy of New OrleansgaranchDined on 11/15/2014Luke is a great restaurant just blocks away from the many dining options in the French Quarter. Although the menu is small, there are several choices for most any diner. Everything we ate and everything we saw others eating looked very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchEmspoppyDined on 11/15/2014We arrived for Saturday brunch about 20 minutes early and were greeted warmly and seated promptly. Our waiter and servers were knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. The raw oysters were plump, salty, and ice cold. The pate was simply delicious. Brussels sprouts, rabbit, wine....everything was very good. We had exactly what we wanted. A great brunch and a wonderful experience. We've eaten at Luke several times and will be back. We like the tables in the back room by the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid USMC BirthdayFormerFoodCriticDined on 11/10/2014This is probably a great restaurant, but unfortunately, my birthday coincides closely with that of the Corps. The chef/owner, a former Marine, had a sign outside "Marines drink free." I smiled when I saw it, and I still the think the idea a fabulous one. Unfortunately, the staff was overwhelmed, and as a result service in the dining room was poor, at best. Drink orders simply didn't come, the waiting time between courses was unacceptable (not I suspect, due to kitchen failures, but rather the lack of experienced competent wait staff. Next year, on 10 November, the restaurant ought to be closed and the staff ought to concentrate on the Marines...they deserve it, and Luke will more than make up the one night loss in good will and great karma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find and Great Value!CalgaryFanVIPDined on 11/10/2014Couldn't wait to try one of John Besh's restaurants and I wasn't disappointed! I took several business colleagues and we all agreed, the food and wine were fabulous and our server couldn't have been more helpful. One in our party said the drum fish special was the best he'd ever had! The wine and food prices are very reasonable for the quality, flavor, and selection and the service was attentive and helpful, but not intrusive. Next time I'm in New Orleans, I'm definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- psycheDined on 11/10/2014Love Luke and went this time with the boyfriend for lunch to celebrate the Marine Birthday and he had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, friendly atmosphereMaggieDined on 11/9/2014We had a charming evening. 3 couples at 3 different tables who didn't know each other met at the restaurant and sampled each other's food. We all had a great time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2014Awesome food and service in a non- pretentious setting!!Special Features:
- simply greatflagnelsonDined on 11/9/2014We had amazing food and the best service! Our waitress Ellie was spot on with recommendation and was very passionate about the restaurant and John Besh. The hostess told us the releavance of the number 3 to the restaurant. Overall fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and dining experienceLauraDined on 11/9/2014Enjoyed the entire evening. We were seated at a table by the kitchen and it was enjoyable to watch the work in process. Delightful meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All was GreatNoWurkDined on 11/9/2014Nothing more to say .. Service . Food .. Atmosphere .. ALL WAS GREATSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ango631VIPDined on 11/9/2014Very nice restaurant just outside the French quarter. If you want to escape the craziness on Bourbon St I recommend you go to Luke. Food is really good and service is good as well. They also have happy hour on oysters and drinks. For main course we had the shrimp and grits and pork schnitzel. Both were really good.Special Features:
- Loving LuketamndanDined on 11/9/2014Very happy with our 3rd breakfast/brunch experience! Can't wait to try lunch/dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost CanceledPickygirlDined on 11/8/2014We were in New Orleans to attend a convention and the Saints played in town the same weekend so reservations were very difficult to come by at most restaurants. I was able to snag a 6:30 at Luke so I was a bit skeptical since I had not been able to acquire a reservation at several other well known hot spots. Oh, was I most pleasantly surprised! We have dined at August and liked it very much, but I believe I like Luke even better! The appetizers, Crab Maison and Salad with Fried Oysters, Bacon & Avocado were a great start and when they brought the Shrimp with Roasted Jalapeno Cheese Grits and Andouille, we were in heaven. Of course we could not stop there, so we topped off with what is the best bread pudding we have had in NOLA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another culinary gem in New OrleanscmcnewVIPDined on 11/7/2014Chef John Besh has a winner here. Classic Cajun and New Orleans fare. Great bottle of Sancerre paired with a starter of Gumbo then Shrimp and Grits for me and an awesome Chicken dish for my wife. Topped it off with a classic Bread Pudding. Our server Shawn M did a great job!! Outstanding experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mickey from Santa FeChowmomaDined on 11/5/2014The staff was beyond cordial welcoming us as we walked in the door and seating us immediately where we were met with our server who did a great job making us happy with our choice of beverages and fab food. We dined on several fabulous dishes and are pleased to say we plan to make a return visit the next time we are in town. I highly recommend the gumbo as well as the seafood pasta and I was lucky enough to get a recommendation from a fellow diner on the pork snitzel which he said was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014The food was good but the service left something to be desired.Special Features:
- Oyster HeavenDisneyGirlDined on 11/5/2014We came couple times for happy hour to feast on the $.50 oysters. Beer was $4 I think. You can't go wrong with this deal. We also some other food on the menu. The jalapeño grits was to die for as well as the red beans and rice. We're John Besh fans now. A must do for any visitor to NOLA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CEOBabeDined on 11/4/2014This dinning experience and setting was great for a one on one informal meeting. The service providers were careful not to interrupt. I would recommend Luck to others for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and Great foodCoconnorVIPDined on 11/3/2014We visited on a Monday night and it was very busy. The service was excellent as was the food. Multiple wait staff members making sure we were taken care of. We started with the beet salad (one of the best I've had) and the crab bisque, which was very good. Our entrees: shrimp en cocotte and the roasted chicken. Both excellent, perfectly seasoned. Our server suggested the Steamed Chocolate for dessert. It was lovely. Smooth, rich and accompanied by salted caramel ice cream. We highly recommend Luke.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014I found some of the food to be over-flavored. Could be a personal thing. Too much salt on fries, too much garlic in steamed veggies. Creme Brûlée wasn't charred enough. Could have a different cheese on the burger. I had high expectations. Guess I just wasn't impressed with the food but the staff was good and the place is cute.
- Delicious food!BeenThereDined on 11/2/2014Went with my husband for Sunday brunch. We sat in the front room. Everything was delicious... appetizer of baked oysters, crab soup, gumbo, oyster Caesar salad, grits with poach eggs & topped w/ fried soft shell crab. Every dish was perfectly prepared. The only negative is that the waiter seemed to have too many tables to serve therefore, service was a little slow. We did not have cocktails or dessert. It was a casual place with lots of 30'ish people, great food & upbeat atmosphere. Worth going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luke is a culinary winannelisefoodieDined on 11/1/2014This is my 3rd time to dine in at LUKE. I have been going to restaurants in New Orleans for years, but this place is always a must for me. Great raw oysters, fresh fish, amazing libations, and seriously one of the best burgers i've ever had. Always a great dining experience and the menu changes appropriately as well.Special Features:
- Love Luke!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014This was our second time there and the food was amazing yet again. The oysters, crab bisque, and charcuterie all well done. And we loved the lamb ragout. The only off note is they seamed a bit under staffed for the evening and we had to keep flagging down our waiter(s) to receive any sort of service. And when we were finally able to place an order, it was forgotten about.... Oh well, every restaurant has an off night. But again, the food was awesome and I still think its best French 75 I've ever had.Special Features:
- Great Staff; Excellent FoodlancejwDined on 11/1/2014Another great experience at a John Besh restaurant. We had a party of 9 and the service was perfect and we had a wonderful time. Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:
- EJTMVIPDined on 10/31/2014We were disappointed with the food and the service. Waiter was inattentive.Special Features:
- Change of pacecoachwitDined on 10/31/2014After 3 days of New Orleans style feasting, we were looking for a change of pace. This was perfect. Great burgers, nice salads, along with some very good oysters and gumbo. Away from the maddening crowd.Special Features:
- Fun and fine foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2014Everything we ordered was delicious from the baked oysters to the burger And the shrimp and grits. Ahi tuna appetizer was tasty although unimaginative. The salads especially the two with beets were light and refreshing. Really fun atmosphere although busy and bustling. Not a quiet dinner. We were there on Halloween so I dont know if that made a difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner @ LukejimkDined on 10/28/2014The food at Luke is EXCELLENT. I had the shrimp & grits, and my girlfriend had a combination seafood pasta dish. Both were KILLER good. The shrimp gumbo was excellent, and THE SERVICE provided by our server (Terrione) was SO GOOD, that we made it a point to track down the Manager and let her know just how impressed we were by the service. For me ..... this place is a definite recommend !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awkward servicemamatravelsDined on 10/27/2014A beautiful restaurant with great food, but the service was sub par, at best. And for a restaurant of this caber, they really need to improve. We were semi-greeted by the non-plussed hostess and then had the most awkward/ mute waiter ever. And instead of picking up our plates following our oyster appetizers, he picked up the shells with his fingers. Surely, they could replace the plates. Overall, just a creepy experience.Special Features:
- It's a celebration.FleezyDined on 10/27/2014New Orleans knows how to party and the staff at Luke is no exception. They went out of their way to make our after wedding celebration a special occasion. We got three glasses of champagne, wonderful service, a custom chocolate design on the rim of our first dessert and a second dessert for free! AND everything we ordered was phenomenal. We had the beer salad, crawfish bisque, gumbo, lamb pasta, bread pudding, shrimp and grits and all were amazing. We used three loaves of bread to sop up all the goodness. All of our plates were CLEAN after the meal. A fantastic dining experience that my new wife and I will remember for the rest of our lives! Thanks Lüke!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy hostess.BikerCatDined on 10/27/2014The hostess was not happy to be there. She did not say anything to us when we walked in. The waiters were definitely more interested in their large tables than just a table for two. The food was great but we probably will not go back.