333 St Charles
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lukeneworleans.com/
- Phone: 5043782840x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast:7:00am - 11:00am Mon - Fri, 7am-10am Sat - Sun; Lunch: Mon - Fri: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sat - Sun: 10:00am - 4:00pm; TAKE OUT 7am-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, French
- Executive Chef: Matt Regan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Lüke offers a range of private dining options. There is semi-private dining in view of the kitchen which seats up to 24. For receptions or sit down dinners there are four ballrooms that accommodate 190 guests seated or 250 guests reception-style. If you already have an event location in mind, let us bring the tastes of Lüke to you. Our team will coordinate delivery, set up and preparation, providing full-service coordination of your event meal. We can accommodate a variety of menu options, creating a unique event that features Lüke’s fresh ingredients, Old World cuisine and New Orleans style.
A word from Lüke
Old World New Orleans brasseries that offers warmth, comfort, great food and good cheer. This John Besh restaurant combines the best of French, German and Creole Cuisines. Lüke offers an extensive French, German, and Belgian beer selection, including two exclusive house brews [custom-made in Louisiana]. The cuisine is unaffectedly Old World, using slow and traditional cooking techniques. The wine list will feature reds and whites from the Loire, Alsace, and Savoie regions, as well as Badischerwiens of Germany. Located in the heart of the Central Business District, Lüke will serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lüke reviews from OpenTable diners
358 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (234)good for groups (114)great for lunch (97)special occasion (93)hot spot (80)neighborhood gem (76)great for brunch (71)vibrant bar scene (62)notable wine list (44)romantic (40)late-night find (28)kid-friendly (23)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good Food, Really LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Overall, this was good food with good service, but the ambient noise was so loud that it made the experience less than it could have been. I am used to being in energetic places, but this was over the top. The gumbo we had was exceptional, the shrimp with grits OK but nothing outstanding to recommend it. This was a very popular spot, so they won't miss us, since we probably won't return.Special Features:
- MemphisMomDined on 10/18/2014Too noisy for words! Food was good, but I would describe it as a bar that also served food.Special Features:
- great foodunimpressedDined on 10/18/2014Went on a Saturday night. Everything was good. Staff was accommodating of food allergies. Cheese and corn ravioli sounded weird, but was DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!FoodieVIPDined on 10/16/2014A happy hour can be beat! Fresh oysters! Fried oysters! The service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to likewimbVIPDined on 10/15/2014Food: excellent; Oyster Bar: Shuckers Rocked; John Besh: Does it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not fine diningDoc4foodDined on 10/13/2014Busy brash fast food woth very poor service No welcoming Wrong dishes and sauce knocked pver without apology by server Food cold , under seasoned and poorly presented Definitely to be avoided
- Didn't live up to hypemsaewilsonDined on 10/13/2014I don't get the hype is about this restaurant. The food was ok the service was average. There wasn't much atmosphere/ambience and I was suprised to find it is part of a chain hotel. It is described as a French restaurant but they have schnitzel on the menu (German) and having dumplings in soup is distinctly an Eastern European thing. Didn't really enjoy it and given that we had a really limited time in NOLA I would caution others, in my opinion it shouldn't be up there recommended alongside places like Commanders Palace and Atchafalaya, both of which I found to be outstanding.
- Excellent food, a little too busyyummyDined on 10/13/2014Not sure what they do with the butter, but it was very good. The Crabmeat Maison is the standout appetizer -- very nice delicate flavour. The Flamenkuche, while delicious, is a bit too much for an appetizer; smaller portions would leave more room to enjor the main course. The Crab Bisque is smooth and buttery, and the Gumbo is fancy and earthy at the same time. We had the Fresh Gulf Fish (both meuniere with crabmeat and amandine preparations) and it was amongst the top three fried fish I've ever eaten in my life. For dessert, the Steamed Chocolate with Salted Caramel ice cream is very good while the Pear Sorbet Pavlova was just OK. Service was decent, considering it was so crowded.Special Features:
- Chef John Besh's Luke RestaurantBellaDined on 10/13/2014Booked 3 weeks in advance for a Monday evening reservation at Luke. Excited to sample Chef John Besh's finery in southern dining. Vibrant bar scene with seating at small tables and a section in the rear for larger parties and families with children. My husband ordered a beet salad and schnitzel, which was thin, crisp and delightful. I enjoyed shrimp with remoulade sauce and a blue crab pasta dish. Not quite as southern as I had hoped. Service was great, but with the noise level at a pitch, the whole dining experience felt very rushed. I would not recommend for a romantic intimate evening or special occasion. Great late-night find or dining before the theatre.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceKimzieDined on 10/12/2014Enjoyed the shrimp and grits. Service was attentive and friendly. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr. Besh has sold out?IrishWitchyVIPDined on 10/12/2014Our family likes August very much - we thought we would try one of his casual places. I guess his idea is to attach the place next to the Hotel and lots of out of town guests will just put up with the place - I'm sure that business model is working well for him. The food was very good, so no problems there. However, the wine list is small and not exciting. The waiter was on a mission to turn over the table quickly and that was after we told him we don't want to be rushed. The waiter also needs to place the silverware on the table - no flying forks and spoons that land where ever. We both hated the service and when they brought us to the table it wasn't ready for us - not sure how that happened. Deserts are overpriced.Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/12/2014We chose this restaurant based on reviews here. We were sadly disappointed from the minute we check in. We had a reservation at 9:30 for Sun brunch and a party of 4. The hostess made some sarcastic remark asking if our party had changed in number. Asian family of 4 plus Caucasian elderly couple standing behind us? We proceeded to sit for 10 min before anyone cared to come to the table. Drink order was wrong. Food came out with wrong order as well. Waiter never came to check on us till we were done eating so my son's order never got corrected. We cont to wait for our check at which point my wife and kids left and I stayed behind. I have no idea how this place has 4 and 5 star ratings. Don't waste your time and $ coming here.
- "Meh"OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014First time in New Orleans, busy weekend, couldn't get bookings, found an 8:45 table at Luke. Drinks and service fine. My chevre-stuffed zucchini blossoms were great. Spouse ordered Louisiana blue crab bisque: hard to find any crab, though chopped shrimp and misc. sea-food bits were evident. Her other dish, fried oyster, bacon and avocado salad with buttermilk dressing was disappointing: yesterday's greens, bacon and avocado very scarce, dressing undistinguished, fried oysters not as good as we would later eat elsewhere in less pretentious places. I had their take on shrimp and grits. "Jumbo shrimp en cocotte" were actually small and sautéed, the "grits" a tasteless overcooked rice paste. A misery. I complained and was not charged for it.
- Excellent bistro experienceJWLnGLLDined on 10/11/2014Loved just about everything at Luke. We started with the baked oysters, which were just OK. For entrees, I had the shrimp with jalapeno grits and my wife had drum with brown butter. Both were outstanding. And the desserts were terrific--the bread pudding and the crème brulee. Our server was generally attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. The atmosphere was fun, as a bistro should be. Recommended. I'll be coming back when in the Big Easy.Special Features:
- Gorgeous feastBTMaderDined on 10/11/2014Service was impeccable, we were greeted by a waiter and complimentary champagne. Everything looked so good, we ordered several appetizers in lieu of dinner. The pork belly was outrageous; the nicoise tuna, perfect. We would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GriffVIPDined on 10/10/2014Innovative prepartion of old standards. Excellent in all respects and very resonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sfdsVIPDined on 10/9/2014fantastic food. Best gumbo I have had. Shrimp and grits were perfect. Great place.Special Features:
- Good, not GreatDiamondDaveDined on 10/9/2014Eight of us (all locals) recently had a mid-week dinner at Luke. Service was OK, but at times, it was a little brusque. The menu had some nice menu choices, though we were expecting an Oktoberfest menu based on a recent article in the local paper about Oktoberfest menus. When asked, the waitress simply said we're not doing anything for Oktoberfest. Everyone seemed to like their orders (appetizers, entrees, and desserts), though nothing was brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/9/2014John Besh out did himself when he selected this wonderful staff. The Chef, cooks and waiters were wonderful. I mentioned we were celebrating an anniversary in my reservation and they pulled out all the stops. Champaign toast, stuffed zucchini blossoms appetizer and bread pudding all gratis. They were amazing. For dinner I ordered the Luke burger and my husband orders the Gulf Fish Almondine - both were expertly prepared. The side of Jalepeno Grits we ordered were the best grits I ever had - and I'm from South Carolina... So I hope my mother never finds this review. In any case, if you're in NOLA and want a nice place to try that isn't too stuffy or packed with too many tourists... Try Lüke's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must goDinerPeepsDined on 10/5/2014Luke is one of our favorites... everything is fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and Servicefoodie2beDined on 10/5/2014What a fabulous start to a Sunday. Gene, our waiter, was outstanding, with delicious suggestions for food and drinks. Everything arrived promptly, still allowing us time to savor our warm beignets, with delish blueberry preserves, and freshly madeFrench pressed coffee! Then the stars of the day arrived, Pain perdu and a French 75. Mouthwatering superior "French toast" with savory bacon tucked inside and a cocktail that makes your day. Luke's laid back ambience, outstanding service and delicious food is a worthy New Orleans treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time's a CharmLuke2014Dined on 10/3/2014This was a return visit to Luke for us. While the food had been great and memorable last year when we were in town, our first seating was next to the kitchen and a very busy place it was. This time we requested seating our front, and were accommodated. The food was very good. The chef manages to combine flavors in his dishes that enhance the main theme of each. The clientele is mainly the 30's crowd, but there were a few of us older. All in all a very pleasant and, again, memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- BookarchDined on 10/3/2014Lives up to the billing of a European-style bistro, but the fare is far better than pub food. Fantastic oysters and entrees. Loved the atmospshere and vibe, too.Special Features:
- Always a good choicestieffelDined on 10/2/2014Service a little slow for a lunch crowd but food always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not dissapointnewmoonDined on 10/1/2014I've eaten at a lot of celebrity chef restaurants and they are not always as good as you expect. John Besh does it right and this place is fantastic. Try the rabbit and chicken liver pate'Special Features:
- Fantastic Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Simple elegance! We sat in the back room, I have read some complaints about this location however I preferred it to the noisy main dining area, it was great for our group to be able to interact without shouting. Each dish, from appetizer through entree and dessert was perfection! Portion sizes of appetizers are generous for sharing, entree portions are perfect size. Wonderful flavors, recipes incorporate local favorites with an upscale European spin. Presentation was gorgeous, service was spot on. Highly recommend Luke to anyone visiting NOLA! We will go back on our next trip.Special Features:
- South of the quarter deliciousnessAlexDined on 9/27/2014Luke was an absolute pleasure for our group of three. Raw oysters (cold water), fried squash blossoms, and maple glazed pork belly were excellent starters. Two of us got the Luke burger, I had the fresh market fish of the day. Everyone was very pleased. Beer selection was ok, it would have been nice to see more variety or pairing suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just GoOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Ask for a table in the back and watch the kitchen do their thing.
- Perfect Birthday CelebrationSummergalDined on 9/27/2014The ambiance and vibe of the restaurant was perfect for my husband 49th birthday dinner with friends. The wait staff was amazing and very attentive. The restaurant was able to accommodate last minute additions to the dinner party. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Simply AmazingJonnyVieuxdoDined on 9/27/2014Lüke has been on "our list" for a while now. So happy that we finally visited. Everything was perfect. The layout of the restaurant, the friendliness of the staff, the ambiance. I wish that I could have sampled everything on the menu. The Salad Lüke was exceptional as was the Crispy Goat Cheese Stuffed Squash Blossoms. You could tell immediately that the pasta was house made. The roasted jalapeño grits were so good that I would go back just for them. I highly recommend the “Gâteau Basque” and the Bourbon Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlée. Both, "to die for" desserts. They also have a great drink menu and they brew their own beer. Try the River Bend. You will not regret it. I can not wait to visit again. The brunch menu looks mouthwatering.Special Features:
- Noise level terribleBoars152Dined on 9/26/2014The excessive noise really detracted from the meal. The food, while good, wasnt anything you couldn't get from any other respectable Nola restaurant. The drinks weren't special or unique, just adequate. But the price tag was still $200 for two couples. Lüke won't be in our future dining plans.
- ServiceSusanDined on 9/26/2014Seemed to be a lot of waiters, servers etc. One of the servers accidentally spilled a glass of water on one side of my husband. They did not bring the loaf of bread till the end of our meal and it would have been handy while we still had our pate' appetizer since we ran out of the crouton type bread that came with the pate'. Otherwise a very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Amazing dining experience! Great food, service, and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spot onKpcmjcDined on 9/25/2014Our experience at Luke was incredible. Every element of food was delicious. The place was a little loud initially, which may have been secondary to all of the young girls in the restaurant going to a concert at the dome that night. But food wise - amazing.Special Features:
- Great job as usual!ExperienceNolaDined on 9/25/2014My favorite Happy hour in town- love bringing friends and letting them experience it! Great vibe and easily accessible for locals like me. Great mom happy hour! Ha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShannonDined on 9/24/2014The food and service is wonderful, just as it is everytime I dine there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodEulieVIPDined on 9/23/2014The gumbo and the fried oyster salad with avocado were very good. The bread however was hard like it was reheated then left to sit awhile.Special Features:
- small portions but great foodAH24travelerDined on 9/22/2014I ate here recently with a group of friends on our New Orleans trip. My friend and I had the Croque Madame which is an absolute favorite of mine and it was AMAZING!!! Our husbands on the other hand had the shrimp and grits and they loved it but left hungry as well they are big eaters....and the portions were somewhat small. So if you are a guy and a big eater, might want to order an appetizer. Also - I will say this is the ONLY restaurant all week we didn't order an appetizer at this week...very French items...pate, cavier, etc. As much as I like French food....not into liver or fish eggs :) Might suggest that the restaurant get a few more options for appetizers.Special Features:
- Expecting a little moreGreenbearDined on 9/21/2014The food was quite good but not mind blowing. Expected a little more for the price. Service was fair at best. They need to be much more attentive to their tables. Their saving grace is the 3-6 happy hour at the bar with $0.50 oysters and half priced drinks...will definitely return for that but most likely not for dinner.Special Features:
- Pre-Game MagicLuvNOLAfoodDined on 9/21/2014Entertained friends for brunch before the Saints game on Sunday. Our table was ready on arrival and service was quick, allowing us plenty of time to get to the game. Our server was energetic and made us feel at home. I ordered Shrimp and Grits, and since it was brunch, added poached eggs and crabmeat to the top! WOW!Special Features: