333 St Charles
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lukeneworleans.com/
- Phone: 5043782840x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast:7:00am - 11:00am Mon - Fri, 7am-10am Sat - Sun; Lunch: Mon - Fri: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sat - Sun: 10:00am - 4:00pm; TAKE OUT 7am-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, French
- Executive Chef: Matt Regan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Lüke offers a range of private dining options. There is semi-private dining in view of the kitchen which seats up to 24. For receptions or sit down dinners there are four ballrooms that accommodate 190 guests seated or 250 guests reception-style. If you already have an event location in mind, let us bring the tastes of Lüke to you. Our team will coordinate delivery, set up and preparation, providing full-service coordination of your event meal. We can accommodate a variety of menu options, creating a unique event that features Lüke’s fresh ingredients, Old World cuisine and New Orleans style.
A word from Lüke
Old World New Orleans brasseries that offers warmth, comfort, great food and good cheer. This John Besh restaurant combines the best of French, German and Creole Cuisines. Lüke offers an extensive French, German, and Belgian beer selection, including two exclusive house brews [custom-made in Louisiana]. The cuisine is unaffectedly Old World, using slow and traditional cooking techniques. The wine list will feature reds and whites from the Loire, Alsace, and Savoie regions, as well as Badischerwiens of Germany. Located in the heart of the Central Business District, Lüke will serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lüke reviews from OpenTable diners
358 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (235)good for groups (113)special occasion (107)great for lunch (105)hot spot (81)neighborhood gem (76)great for brunch (74)vibrant bar scene (56)notable wine list (50)romantic (45)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (20)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- South of the quarter deliciousnessAlexDined on 9/27/2014Luke was an absolute pleasure for our group of three. Raw oysters (cold water), fried squash blossoms, and maple glazed pork belly were excellent starters. Two of us got the Luke burger, I had the fresh market fish of the day. Everyone was very pleased. Beer selection was ok, it would have been nice to see more variety or pairing suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just GoOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Ask for a table in the back and watch the kitchen do their thing.
- Simply AmazingJonnyVieuxdoDined on 9/27/2014Lüke has been on "our list" for a while now. So happy that we finally visited. Everything was perfect. The layout of the restaurant, the friendliness of the staff, the ambiance. I wish that I could have sampled everything on the menu. The Salad Lüke was exceptional as was the Crispy Goat Cheese Stuffed Squash Blossoms. You could tell immediately that the pasta was house made. The roasted jalapeño grits were so good that I would go back just for them. I highly recommend the “Gâteau Basque” and the Bourbon Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlée. Both, "to die for" desserts. They also have a great drink menu and they brew their own beer. Try the River Bend. You will not regret it. I can not wait to visit again. The brunch menu looks mouthwatering.Special Features:
- Noise level terribleBoars152Dined on 9/26/2014The excessive noise really detracted from the meal. The food, while good, wasnt anything you couldn't get from any other respectable Nola restaurant. The drinks weren't special or unique, just adequate. But the price tag was still $200 for two couples. Lüke won't be in our future dining plans.
- ServiceSusanDined on 9/26/2014Seemed to be a lot of waiters, servers etc. One of the servers accidentally spilled a glass of water on one side of my husband. They did not bring the loaf of bread till the end of our meal and it would have been handy while we still had our pate' appetizer since we ran out of the crouton type bread that came with the pate'. Otherwise a very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Amazing dining experience! Great food, service, and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spot onKpcmjcDined on 9/25/2014Our experience at Luke was incredible. Every element of food was delicious. The place was a little loud initially, which may have been secondary to all of the young girls in the restaurant going to a concert at the dome that night. But food wise - amazing.Special Features:
- Great job as usual!ExperienceNolaDined on 9/25/2014My favorite Happy hour in town- love bringing friends and letting them experience it! Great vibe and easily accessible for locals like me. Great mom happy hour! Ha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014The food and service is wonderful, just as it is everytime I dine there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodEulieVIPDined on 9/23/2014The gumbo and the fried oyster salad with avocado were very good. The bread however was hard like it was reheated then left to sit awhile.Special Features:
- small portions but great foodAH24travelerDined on 9/22/2014I ate here recently with a group of friends on our New Orleans trip. My friend and I had the Croque Madame which is an absolute favorite of mine and it was AMAZING!!! Our husbands on the other hand had the shrimp and grits and they loved it but left hungry as well they are big eaters....and the portions were somewhat small. So if you are a guy and a big eater, might want to order an appetizer. Also - I will say this is the ONLY restaurant all week we didn't order an appetizer at this week...very French items...pate, cavier, etc. As much as I like French food....not into liver or fish eggs :) Might suggest that the restaurant get a few more options for appetizers.Special Features:
- Expecting a little moreGreenbearDined on 9/21/2014The food was quite good but not mind blowing. Expected a little more for the price. Service was fair at best. They need to be much more attentive to their tables. Their saving grace is the 3-6 happy hour at the bar with $0.50 oysters and half priced drinks...will definitely return for that but most likely not for dinner.Special Features:
- Pre-Game MagicLuvNOLAfoodDined on 9/21/2014Entertained friends for brunch before the Saints game on Sunday. Our table was ready on arrival and service was quick, allowing us plenty of time to get to the game. Our server was energetic and made us feel at home. I ordered Shrimp and Grits, and since it was brunch, added poached eggs and crabmeat to the top! WOW!Special Features:
- Not what it used to beHungryHoundsDined on 9/21/2014In 2007 we started coming to Luke for breakfast/brunch before every Saint's game. Brunch was excellent. Around 2011, the management eliminated the brunch buffet. Most disappointing. This year (2014) they eliminated the breakfast menu and presented us with a menu that had, maybe, three items that we would consider breakfast. Our waiter Chris managed to get a full breakfast menu and probably convinced the cooks to make breakfast for us. Many thanks Chris. Overall, my considered opinion of Luke is fair to mediocre. Time to find a new breakfast place this football season.
- AmazingReggieDined on 9/20/2014The food was awesome! The service was great. I would ask for a table in the back by the kitchen so you can see everyone working away.Special Features:
- Great service & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Love the restaurant the food was great and the service for the birthday we were celebrating was awesome. Totally recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls TripOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Went with 4 other ladies on the first night of a bachelorette weekend. Amazing! Our server (wish I could remember his name) was fantastic and fun. His recommendations were spot on! We had the squash blossom appetizer and I had the ravioli for my entree (on his recommendation). Both were divine! I also sampled my friend's shrimp and grits and that was fantastic too. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerSpanglbeDined on 9/19/2014I was in town for a work conference and ended up at Luke for dinner with three colleagues. We were sat quickly for our reservation and ordered drinks almost immediately. We tried a dozen raw oysters and the goat cheese squash blossums to start - both were excellent. For dinner, I ordered the salmon - it was amazing. For dessert, we had both the creme brulee and the pecan tart, and we almost licked the plates clean. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter Richie Rich aka Rich WhatleyBirminghamLove1Dined on 9/18/2014Our waiter was fantastic. He predicted the food we planned to order. He asked if we like chocolate or Carmel and surprised us with two desserts of his choosing. Both desserts were yummy. My 7 year old said it was the Best dinner she has ever had. She had the ravioli. We will definitely return and request Rich as our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/18/2014food is excellent (egg in a jar), but service is extremely slow. stood at hostess stand, un-acknowledged for I don't know how long, then they didn't check my open table reservation inSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time in NOpickyDined on 9/17/2014A wonderful excellent dining experience! My first time here in New Orleans and I researched great Chef's and local restaurants. There was three of us so I was lucky enough to taste three dishes... delicious! The food was so excellent that all three of us had to order desert just to taste the indulgence. I highly recommend and I will go back or search other John Besh restaurants.Special Features:
- Where's the chef ?traveleyeDined on 9/17/2014Call the owner. With much thought I selected Luke as our special New Orleans dining experience. I can take the noise level if I can relax into the wonderful tastes of the local cuisine . I expected fresh, creative and professionally prepared food. Time to rethink and rewrite your recipes. The serving staff was professional. A total dining disaster.Special Features:
- Bev's ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I would and will recommend Luuk to anyone. The barmaid was friendly and offered an experienced opinion on wine suggestions and assured me that all choices from the menu would be exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmm1961Dined on 9/14/2014Food and service excellent. I had the gulf fish which was nicely prepared with not too rich a sauce and delicately steamed vegetables. My appetizer - the crab bisque was a little spicy (but the menu and waiter forewarned me of this). The overall dining experience was excellent and the staff treated our party very well. I would go back again. Parking might be a challenge on a week night, but was fine on the Sunday evening when I went.Special Features:
- Good, not Great.MackieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was ok. It was loud. Service was pretty good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Shrimp 'n' Grits ever!!!gritsgalDined on 9/13/2014I eat at Luke each time I visit New Orleans and will continue to do so. They have the best Shrimp 'n' Grits I've ever eaten!! We got off to the wrong start with the waiter. He recognized the fact that he had "forgotten" about us and took responsibility for it. He delivered a glass of champagne for each of us and was very attentive the rest of the evening. I'll be back . . .Special Features:
- DelishReneebart71Dined on 9/13/2014My entire meal was amazing from start to finish. Our server was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentClubConciergeVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food...the atmosphere...excellent! I had been recommending Luke and I am happy to report delicious food. I am definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid foodXanderDined on 9/12/2014The cocktails (Old Fashioned and Riverbend) were underwhelming. The appetizers (Sweetbreads and Stuffed Squash) were between okay and good. The entrees (Pork shoulder and Swordfish) were absolutely fantastic. The dessert (Fig tart with ice cream) was good but not great. This would have been a 2-star experience at a 4-star price, were it not for the REALLY well-executed entrees. We may go back to Lüke, but with so many other restaurants to try, our next experience is going to have to be something special for this restaurant to be in our regular rotation. And we probably won't get cocktails next time.Special Features:
- Good atmosphere and good foodLD93VIPDined on 9/9/2014Nice casual and lively in the front (bar section?). The food was very good. Would definitely recommend.
- just do itdorko135Dined on 9/9/2014Lüke is always good. It's a great lunch place and an even better dinner place. You will not be disappointed by anything at Lüke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Great as always. Have eaten there many times for dinner, this was our first breakfast/brunch. Food was great and portions were correct size. Staff was very friendly, and accommodating especially with two kids under 3 years of age.Special Features:
- return engagementwillyareDined on 9/6/2014for my second visit, i chose to indulge my favorite memory from the first one: the outstanding selections of charcuterie, small plates and salads. my dinner companion and i skipped the entrees and shared every item on the appetizer column for a most memorable meal. can't wait to repeat the exercise with another seasonal menu. luke illuminates a tributary of mainline new orleans cuisine, the german/alsation vein that left an imprint on local food culture, and awakens fond memories.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service.funkbartonDined on 9/6/2014The food was unquestionably great. The service was outstanding. The only "issue" for me was the noise level. It's not a place to go have a nice chat over a meal. Really I felt that I had to yell to be heard across the table. But, this is just a personal preference perhaps. Even with the noise level I'd go again and recommend Lüke to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnertimlivesDined on 9/6/2014The entire staff made us feel like our occasion was the only one that mattered that evening. From the front door hostess to the random staff who didn't wait our table, every one knew it was our anniversary and wished us a happy celebration. The staff looked as though they loved their jobs and worked great as a team. We never waited for anything. Really nice touch was the complimentary glass of champagne and dessert. Also was awesome that we were there for happy hour appetizers and cocktails. And our wait staff made sure we knew right before the time ended so we could order anything else while still happy hour prices. They were all fantastic and the food was incredible!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FooddridrVIPDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed our meal here. The appetizers were much better than the entrees. One of the entrees, the local fish prepared almondine, was totally unremarkable. We actually had to ask for some sort of sauce to liven it up. We had four different appetizers, all of which were excellent. The desserts were also fabulousSpecial Features:
- BAD serviceMclaw26Dined on 9/5/2014I don't ever give bad reviews but I have to give Luke a bad review because of the horrible service. I'm on vacation with 3 girlfriends and I was so excited to to Luke because I had been before and loved it. So I really hyped the place up. Our server didn't introduce himself. He took a very long time to appear and then when he did appear he was brief with us and gave us no information about the menu and specials. He seemed annoyed to take care of us. When we got our food everything tasted great but two of my friends food was cold and we could tell that it have been sitting in the window. In the end we talked to the manager and he seemed pretty apathic and didn't do anything. I'm sad that the dinner turned out like that.
- Excellent food, Excellent ServiceGTJacketDined on 9/5/2014Best food experience for the money in New Orleans. Great food, great service. My number one place to eat when in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new orleans charmvickyDined on 9/3/2014Here for a conference. Loved the food, the feel and happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014The ragout of lamb very extremely fatty. I complained to the manager who took the dish back and brought a replacement which was marginally better but still very fatty. I wasn'tcharged for that dish but would have been apalled if I had been. My husband had the Alaskan salmon which was very good. The music in the restaurant was very loud and not very amenable to conversations. The ceiling needed repairs as did some of the wall moulding. The waitress was not very knowledgable about the menu and was not very attentive for this type of restaurant. Overall, I was disappointed at the lack of attention to detail that I would expect at a restaurant of this caliper.