Luke Palladino - Steak & Seafood
1333 Rt. 9
Plaza 9 Shopping Center
Northfield, NJ 08205Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Luke Palladino - Steak & Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lukepalladino.com/
- Phone: 6096468189x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday, Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday & Wednesday: CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sean Holmes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Luke Palladino Catering would be pleased to cater any event, from an intimate dinner or party to an elaborate wedding. Catering menus can be customized with Luke personally, to suit any taste or budget. We will be happy to work with any idea, theme or vision you have for your event.
Delivery, set-up, cooking staff, serving staff, bartenders and other services available. firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Luke Palladino - Steak & Seafood
The latest concept from Luke Palladino, Luke Palladino - Steak & Seafood is a bold steakhouse with something to please everyone. The menu features classic cuts of prime beef, modern twists on traditional side dishes, as well as veal, burgers, and seafood. This stylish, intimate BYO will allow you to experience Chef Palladino's culinary flair in an American steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Luke Palladino - Steak & Seafood - Best Restaurants in Northfield/Linwood ›
Luke Palladino - Steak & Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (20)good for groups (5)hot spot (5)romantic (5)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Not up to the reputationBeisVIPDined on 9/27/2014This is the Seafood/Steakhouse that you do not need to go to. First, there was almost no seafood on the menu. There was only one seafood entrée to choose from and two appetizers. I got a Delmonico special that was completely unmemorable. Thin and without any browning on the outside. My guess was that because it was so thin, that it could only be briefly cooked to get the correct internal temperature. My dinner companion got the scallops which were mushy. That raised another issue, the food seasoning was highly inconsistent. Onion rings had much too much salt, but scallops were way under seasoned. The service was good and attentive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/12/2014Best steak dinner ever! Luke's restaurants are the greatest!Special Features:
- A little disappointedhappyVIPDined on 8/31/2014promptly seated for our 8 PM open table reservation. The room was uncomfortably warm but improved as the evening went on. small room with seating for 40 or so was a little tight but cozy. for apps my wife had raw oysters on the half shell and I had oysters casino. Very good. my wife enjoyed her red grouper special. The New York strip which I ordered and the waitress recommended had a large vein running through it. very tough for the knife to cut. The waitress gladly removed the entrée I requested the small fillet mignon it was cooked just right and delicious but my wife ate her entrée alone which took away from our experience a little bit. I don't eat steak often so I was look really looking forward to this. hope to try again soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect steak!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014We were so sad the Italian restaurant moved as we love this original spot. Did not really like the new place. This however was fabulous! Luke was there cooking which was great. Love the atmosphere. Great people sitting around us. Perfect steak! Loved the anti wedge salad and the sides. Cannot wait to return!Special Features:
- Always wonderful!Valerie080VIPDined on 8/22/2014Luke and his team have done it again! Everything was prepared to perfection. The menu is not extensive, but the choices cover all of the necessary groups to be a great steak and seafood restaurant. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- niceCitykidDined on 8/16/2014the room needs some help. it isn't cozy nor really an open kitchen. the food was ok. I was surprised they offered little for a gluten free situation. the baked potato was a microwave potato- the presentation was even lacking.
- MuffinVIPDined on 8/16/2014Small gem in New Jersey. BYOB~ Saturday night is a rush~ try a week day night for a better dining experience~ Other items are superior to meat entrees~ ONION Rings~ best ever~ Calamari, Mussels plump and served piping hot~ Nice selection of Fresh Fish as well!!Special Features:
- Unexpected findWebhillDined on 8/16/2014I call this "miracle in a strip mall." Great food in a totally unexpected location. The tomato/onion salad & crab bisque were amazing. The steaks were amazing. The wild mushroom side was to die for. My lobster could have been cooked 30 seconds less but I can't really fuss over that. Overall very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousFinedinerVIPDined on 8/14/2014For the most part the quality of the food is excellent and the flavor is delicious.
- Fabulous steaksCarolDined on 8/14/2014Always great! Steaks seasoned perfectly. Four in our party. We had 3 Filet's and one Rib Eye. The potato skins are amazing. Luke always comes around to the tables. A nice touch.Special Features:
- SueFDined on 8/7/2014Limited menu. Billed as steak & seafood but mostly steak, very little seafood. Excellent appetizers. Salty entre. Vile creamed spinach.
- NoreenDined on 8/4/2014Great food always. Looking forward to my next trip to Atlantic City and this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maggiVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food was good but not great. The room is very, very small and unattractive. It was a Sunday and we were one of only three parties dining.
- Solid area optionWallabyguyDined on 8/1/2014The 'real' potato skins were awesome. Highly recommended. The stuffed poached lobster was good but not $55 good. The Kobe rib eye cap was also very good and cooked perfectly. The limoncello pound cake was above average and the turtle cheesecake was fair to good. Not a bad meal by any stretch but not as good as Emeril's Chop House or any of the premium chains but not a bad choice if you're in the area. Worth while visiting just for the potato skins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveflowerchildDined on 7/31/2014I like LP steak better than the original Luke Palladino and I liked that very much! The steak is delicious but the sides are better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Date SpotRonstopableDined on 7/20/2014This was our third time at LP Steak in the last year. Each time as good as the last. For our most recent visit, we had the Porterhouse for two. It was cooked as ordered and served already cut off the t-bone. We also got potato wedges and substituted a vegetable for a second potato offering for a $4 upcharge. The app came out quickly and hot. We had calimari. It was lightly fried, tender, and came with a zingy aioli. We shared the wedge salad, which came with bacon and candied walnuts, good combination of sweet and savory! To no fault of the restaurant, other than they took their reservation, there was a group that was obnoxiously loud. Because of the small space and proximity to other tables, it can be loud depending on the crowd.Special Features:
- Very satisfied customers!!!!LynDoc1Dined on 7/19/2014We frequent The Capital Grill in Philadelphia during the winter months and my husband and our friends agree, that Luke Palladino steaks are equally as delicious, juicy, tasty and tender !!! We can also say that we have a lot more fun, at LP Steaks! The atmosphere and service is outstanding! Fred, our waiter gives everyone impeccable service! We are so-----looking forward to the opening of Luke's restaurant in Philadelphia in November! Thank you for another fantastic meal at Luke Palladino's!Special Features:
- JortayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Food and service was outstanding. The restaurant is very small and you are next to the kitchen, however the food was very very goodSpecial Features:
- Very nice mealSimonVIPDined on 7/12/2014The tiny restaurant is located in a very unassuming strip center on the mainland. The place is nothing to speak of, but the food very good. My wife and I are on crazy diet, so we didn't get to try a number of items I normally would. We stuck to the somewhat blander looking dishes. N I had the filet and my wife the salmon. Both were very good. We also started with oysters which were also good. I would recommend this place just to give yourself variety for the summer, but I wouldn't go out of my way to come here. It needs to relocate to really be a player in this market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Northfield!MimiBromDined on 7/9/2014Luke did it again! We loved this small and quaint steakhouse! The steaks are top quality, and were cooked to perfection! We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Fabulous meal!LarryRVIPDined on 7/9/2014We treated ourselves for my Birthday. We started with the Oysters Casino (which were very different from Clams Casino) then we each had the Anti Wedge Salad (Bib Lettuces instead of Iceberg and more) it was excellent. Then we shared the 3lb Porterhouse Steak and it was grilled perfectly! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LookingForTheBestSpotLookingForTheBestSpotDined on 7/7/2014I was really anticipating some GREAT food/haute cuisine. But, what we ate was OK to Good food, while paying for what should have been EXCELLENT food, $150 for four people without alchohol?! I'm not saying I have a problem paying this kind of price - it just comes with high expectation. While we left full, our taste buds weren't savoring a flavor to linger. Presentation was OK but not stellar. Sadly we were disappointed. Besides this - our waitress kept slamming/dropping our dishes on the table. Very annoying. I MIGHT go back and try it again but no promises. I won't recommend this place until I have a better experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014Incredibly good Porterhouse. And BYOB. Doesn't get any better than thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leoneVIPDined on 7/5/2014We really enjoyed our dinner with another couple at this restaurant. The steak was excellent and we had a great waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable foodLoveItalianVIPDined on 7/2/2014Food was spectacular. Fantastic potato skins. Wonderful pierogi. Great steak. Outstanding homemade ice cream. The only negative: I wish the restaurant was bigger.Special Features:
- Surprise insideCarolCDined on 6/30/2014Our first visit to LP. We drove into the parking lot and almost turned around. Glad we didn't. Inside was a cozy, well decorated space with a friendly staff. The steaks were as good as any high end steakhouse, we've been to many. I had the special, surf & turf, whole 1 lb lobster and a strip steak. My date had the filet mignon and the anti-wedge salad. Both excellent. The homemade biscuits and black garlic butter an additional surprise. This place is BYO and soft drinks are limited, but did not cause us a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JB etalJBetalVIPDined on 6/23/2014Thank you for a wonderful, anniversary dinner! We "walked" into a Monday night special: surf and turf - lobster and steak!!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Favoritemaddie6887Dined on 6/22/2014Sean (the chef de cuisine) makes everything that comes out of that kitchen fabulous. The potato skins are the stuff of fantasies. The steak in presentation and taste rivals that of the finest upscale steakhouses without the high end price tag.Special Features:
- LP SteakaperleDined on 6/21/2014Best steak place in Atlantic County by far. You'll have to excuse the tight space and "in-the-kitchen" feel to enjoy incredible service and perfectly prepared steak and seafood. A must visit place for anyone living/vacationing in Atlantic County.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/13/2014Great food, great service. Our steaks and sides were delicious and prepared to our liking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakDanielVIPDined on 6/7/2014First time at LP Steak, having enjoyed Luke Palladino for years. Steak was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Luke Palladino - Steak & Seafood reviews archive.
- good foodTrialgirlVIPDined on 5/24/2014good food good service incredibly loud and very tightSpecial Features:
- DavidFVIPDined on 5/23/2014Very very good restaurant in Northfield. Steaks cooked amazingly well. Sides were also very good. Good alternative to AC or Margate restaurants. BYOB to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedrubyDined on 5/15/2014While the food was good, the space was cramped and not clean enough, and two of our party ordered 12 oz. strip steaks and when they came out one was appreciably thicker and larger than the other. A very limited dessert menu was offered and we were told 2 desserts were unavailable. This was on a Thursday evening with only three other tables filled. The desserts should have been available. In order to use a restroom one must walk through the kitchen. The kitchen floor was wet and slippery. I doubt whether I will return.
- Husband's new favorite steakhousePowerladyDined on 4/4/2014We went for my husband's birthday with some trepidation due to a prior newspaper review. The prices are high, but not out of line with steakhouses in Atlantic City and the casinos. Plus, you can save by bringing your own wine - usually better than on a wine list. It is very tiny. The major downside is uncomfortable seating. The benches make sense due to the small space, but they need to go.IThe dining room is open to the kitchen. The night we were there was not noisy since there were only 3 tables filled. The waiter was excellent - knew the food, was right on top of water glasses, etc. without rushing us. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so greatBoatsea69Dined on 4/3/2014We have been here when it was Italian & it was wonderful. As a steak house not good. We started w/ pierogies in brown sage butter. 3 pierogies @ 12.00? They were good but not but not remarkable. Caesar salad 9.00 fresh but strong anchovy flavor & needed acid lemon? We both had fillet @ 35.00. It was cooked perfect but too salty & I am a salt lover. Potato wedges 7.00 were the tasties part of the meal. Freezing cold Apple cake for 9.00. Service was excellent but we were the only customers. The bill was 114.00 honestly I have had better steaks at Outback or LB1. I wanted to go to the Luke Palladinos in central square but saw bad reviews. I think misO Ithey are spread too thin & would not go back at that price, for that food, again
- Hidden GemMarktheSparkDined on 3/23/2014LP Steak is a great little spot in the most unlikely of places. In the midst of Chinese take-out, the Air National Guard recruiting office, and several empty store fronts is a place that delivers big on food satisfaction. We had a large party (7) and we hit the menu from the very lowest cost item to the most expensive, which seemed to be commensurate with the complexities of the items, as well. Everyone was well satisfied that we received a high quality and excellent tasting meal. We also did not suffer from sticker shock. I know that we will return, eagerly.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Restaurant Week DinnerRazzleDazzle7Dined on 3/15/2014Ate here for the first time during an extended Restaurant Week. My starter was 2 Pierogies filled with what appeared to be ricotta cheese. They came with sage butter and some carmelized onions. Very tasty. My entree was pan seared Tilefish. Had never tried this fish before. It was firm, dense but very delicious at the same time. It came with asparagus & fingerling potatoes. All in all, it was very good. My dessert was Peanut Butter Chocolate layer cake. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal againJag3VIPDined on 3/14/2014Second time visiting LP Steak didn't disappoint. Food was excellent and Luke came out from the kitchen to converse with the customers. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Not a Good ExperienceAliyipVIPDined on 3/14/2014We went for restaurant week and was disappointed. Wedge salad had no flavor and the onion soup was so filled with grease. Steak was tasty but needed to be sent back. We asked for medium and got super rare. Crab cakes also tasty but very very small. Dessert was blah. Had to send coffee back due to lipstick marks on cup and the new cup of coffee was YUCK! Asked to be taken off bill. They offered no apologies. Will not be back!!