Luke Palladino - Seasonal Italian Cooking
199 New Road, Central Square
Linwood, NJ 08221Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Luke Palladino - Seasonal Italian Cooking
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lukepalladino.com/
- Phone: 6099263030x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luke Palladino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Luke Palladino Catering would be pleased to cater any event, from an intimate dinner or party to an elaborate wedding. Catering menus can be customized with Luke personally, to suit any taste or budget. We will be happy to work with any idea, theme or vision you have for your event.
Delivery, set-up, cooking staff, serving staff, bartenders and other services available.
A word from Luke Palladino - Seasonal Italian Cooking
Newly expanded and relocated, Luke Palladino Seasonal Italian Cooking is a culmination of Luke's experiences working throughout Italy. Our menu changes regularly and is based on seasonally-available prime ingredients. We are proud to offer you what so beautifully defines Italian cuisine: freshness of product, simplicity and spontaneity all bound by tradition. Handcrafted pastas are made daily on premises. We feature expertly prepared meat, fish, poultry & seafood. You and your guests will delight in our seductive interior designed by Scott Eccard of Eccardesigns. We are a BYOB.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Luke Palladino - Seasonal Italian Cooking - Best Restaurants in Northfield/Linwood ›
Luke Palladino - Seasonal Italian Cooking reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (97)neighborhood gem (80)special occasion (66)romantic (33)good for groups (20)hot spot (19)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (12)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great FoodNiNiVIPDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I both enjoyed our dinner. I had the mixed grill which included albacore tuna which I have never had fresh before only from the can. It was very good, the dish also had shrimp and scallops. My husband had seafood Pescatore which he said was very good. This restaurant is a BYOB. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- BergersBergersDined on 9/13/2014Bin trying to get a reservation for a weekend night for a while, was not disappointed with the restaurant or the food. The smoke BBQ pork ribs were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurantFredw1762VIPDined on 9/9/2014Luke's is always an outstanding dining experience . Food and service is always exceptional .Special Features:
- Need to expand menumikegallowayDined on 9/5/2014We truly love this place but unfortunately do not eat fish and there are times when there are not a lot of choices for us but everything is always prepared perfectly and the staff is wonderful. Our meal was excellent again and I recommend the ribs--fall off the bone and delicious.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and setting at byobJoanneVIPDined on 9/4/2014A little shopping center yielded a nice dining surprise. The setting was nice, serving very professional and he food was innovative and tasty. Good selection and everything was fresh. Choices of seafood, meat and vegetarian. Asked for a substitute in the dish and after a brief question to the chef the server came back with a positive response.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backMDandHVIPDined on 8/31/2014We took the kids to dinner here a few weeks back and absolutely loved it! We all had the "Chef's Tasting" menu and it was Fabulous! Staff was wonderful...food was delicious...Keep up the great job Chef Luke!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luke always does it wellmikegallowayDined on 8/31/2014Food was prepared perfectly and everything to our liking. Have to have the ribs. Better than any I have ever had but the appetizers and pastas beat all. This place can be anything you want it to be. Fun and energetic or romantic. Really one of the best in Atlantic County and certainly the finest place to eat west of ACSpecial Features:
- Harrah's to NorthfieldMcQuade12Dined on 8/27/2014We were disappointed that Luke Palladino's restaurant closed at Harrah's Atlantic City. However, the food is worth traveling to the Northfield location. :)Special Features:
- Foodie2Foodie2VIPDined on 8/26/2014Creative and inventive menu. Incredibly fresh. Service was pleasant but not attentive-- ie our water glasses were never refilled. That said, we would go back to try some additional dishes. The octopus salad was excellent. You must bring your own wine.Special Features:
- Just not quite what it wasLeeagolf6VIPDined on 8/26/2014Luke, in the original spot was really the place for innovative, creative food at the Shore. It is still very good. It is just not exceptional. We were served by a young girl who was competent; just not polished. My wife and I agreed that the good preparation is just a smidgen below where they used to be. The "wow" is gone and it is a shame. You used to walk out shaking your head ad to how great it was. We still shot out heads last night, but not for that reason. It is too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoreenDined on 8/25/2014Whenever I stay at the Borgata in AC, my husband and I wouldn't miss a dinner here. My dining experience gets better and better with each visit.Special Features:
- Luke Paladino--OutstandingFredw1762VIPDined on 8/24/2014Always an excellent dining experience . Food and service is always great .Special Features:
- Best restaurant in New JerseyaperleDined on 8/23/2014Luke Palladino is the best Italian chef in New Jersey and his seasonal italian location never ceases to amaze me. The food was spectacular. We had a party of 6 and there was literally not a drop of food left over. I highly reccomend any pasta dish. It's all made fresh everyday. The real star is his gnocchi. It's a special everyday. Get there and tell your server to set aside a dish as soon as you sit down!Special Features:
- Super Italian food!OCdinerDined on 8/23/2014We took our very selective Italian friends from Greenwich, Ct. here based on multiple recommendations and we were all thoroughly haooy with the outcome. As we left they asked us to keep it on the list for their annual visits to our beach house. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner1Dined on 8/22/2014This used to be our favorite restaurant, so I chose it for our 49th anniversary celebration. I did notify the restaurant by note through open table and also by phone of the occasion. The event was totally ignored by the hostess, staff, etc. Being a frequent customer, I was most disappointed. My husband enjoyed his dinner of pork ribs which had peppers and a bit of garnish with it. Being celiac, I called ahead to speak to the chef. My meal was prepared by special request, but I felt it really was disappointing - I specifically ordered a lobster, and it was pre-cracked in the kitchen, but there was nothing served with it. The side dish which I ordered (grilled eggplant) was overcooked, cold and greasy.
- As good as when in northfieldrichieDined on 8/19/2014Moving a restaurant is a tricky thing and I read some negative reviews after they relocated but we thought the new space was nicely done and the food as good as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchRon22Dined on 8/18/2014Love this place, the food is awesome. Great palce for lunch or dinner. Luke's cooking style carries on at this place. Great restaurant.Special Features:
- Surprise find!!JupitergirlDined on 8/17/2014Sometimes a restaurant appears and you were not aware. This restaurant is just 10 minutes from us at our summer home. The food was superb. First thing I noticed was a spinach ravioli appetizer called "nudi". This was spectacular - light and flavorful. One of our group ordered the mix grill - an array of seafood - so happy he ordered it as I may not have because it is fried but when I tell you it was just skimmed with a breading which gave it a delightful crunch - heavenly! And the fact that it is a BYOB just adds to our delight so we can bring our own favorites. Gia provided us with a perfect dining experience. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gteat dinner!HilarieDined on 8/16/2014Food is fabulous. I love that we can order varied appetizers and pastas and share them with our dining group. That way we can try lots of good stuff before our entrée. I have been here 3 times in the past 8 weeks and have brought several friends. I love when luke is available at the bar for a chat or when he comes out to the tables. One suggestion: the waiter did not tell us what cheeses we were eating on the cheese tray. Even if he had told us we may have forgotten. So how about having little paper doilies under each cheese with the name of the cheese and its origen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedBentleyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Had to ask for water to be refilled 3 times. Clams with fruit do mare had to be sent back because none opened
- Amazing!JeanfromnjDined on 8/14/2014We had the spontaneous 5 course tasting menu. There were 5 of us. It could not have been better. Everything was phenomenal and the chef was also willing and able to accommodate some dietary restrictions in our group, dairy and gluten! We all enjoyed every morsel, I was especially pleased with the mushroom crepelle and the ravioli. The pasta was so light and delicious. And the ribeye was beautifully prepared. Highly recommend this place. And try the tasting menu. You will not be disappointed. I just wish I lived closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findmcjmDined on 8/14/2014We had the chef tasting menu, which was fun and enjoyable by not knowing what you are getting. We are looking forward to trying it again.Special Features:
- Fabulous Local RestaurantOCMidgeDined on 8/13/2014Luke Palladino has obviously reached out the local community. It is such fun to go there and see lots of locals who obviously like 'great' food, 'great' service and comfortable ambiance. What a pleasure to go into this restaurant and see the owner walking around talking to customers. His food is wonderful, the combinations inventive and very tasty. The servers in Luke's Restaurant are knowledgeable about the menu and the ingredients, a rare combination. In addition they are so friendly and accommodating. Pure pleasure on every level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatswellDined on 8/10/2014the food was delicious however the service was a little slow. the dining chairs are not comfortable. I would come back to try other menu items.Special Features:
- Great anniverary dinnercyndylegDined on 8/9/2014Mine husband and I chose to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary here. We arrived and were greeted with a friendly hostess and shown to our table where there were flowers on the table my husband sent through open table. We again were greeted by our wonderful waitress who explain the menu and specials. She made great recommendations about the food. Our appetizers arrived and were excellent. Dinner was also delicious and dessert was to die for. Our meal was so enjoyable there was time between each course for talking and each course was timed just right (we were not hurried or waiting to long for food).Special Features:
- Yum yum yumDebbVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food has improved with new location which has a better venue The major problem was that our assigned waiter timing flawed on slowness almost as if he forgot us I however cannot wait to come back next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGmelgodyVIPDined on 8/8/2014This new location is excellent. The food is just simply delicious and the service was excellent. I ate at his other location a few times and this one is larger and very nice. The only complaint is that they have an air conditioning issue. It was freezing in the restaurant. Bring a sweater and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedJerseyMikeDined on 8/6/2014Our midsummer meal featured condescending service, grating music, and pretentious decor. The food wasn't bad, but why did we have to guarantee our reservation with a credit card on a Wednesday night when the room was half empty. Mr. Palladino obviously has his fans, but I am not one of them.
- Not bad. Somewhat overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The layout and look of the restaurant was very nice. The food was ok but should have been much better for the price.Special Features:
- Come back luke!FoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2014I have dined here several times in the last year and was never disappointed until now. The menu has changed and is becoming more edgy as opposed to simple food done extraordinarily well. With Luke off somewhere the food is suffering. Come back Luke, tend the kitchen again. My food was actually a bit salty (and I'd be the first to add salt to everything, so that is saying something.) The buratta was served over a peach purée and neither did anything to compliment each other. The peach needed a heartier cheese like a Gorgonzola to work. The buratta would have done well with some farm fresh tomatoes. Don't overthink the food. Do what you did at the beginning.Special Features:
- Appetite for appetizersErnieDined on 8/2/2014The varied list of appetizers was extensive and they were very good Entrees were good but on the ordinarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, but skimpyQualityqueVIPDined on 7/26/2014Food was well-prepared, and service good but portions were very skimpy for the relatively high price of the dishes.
- OVERRATED!!HungryVIPDined on 7/25/2014The service was awful!! The food was overrated and portions small.
- Never Disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2014We've been fans of Luke's Seasonal Italian for years. The food always lives up to expectations! And as the menu changes with the seasons, it's always fun to see and try what's new, while finding popular mainstays always available. Just remember to bring your favorite champagne and wine to complement your dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodie Italian byobPeteVIPDined on 7/18/2014Luke is a great guy and great chef. The standout new item was the beet arancini which was even better than the normal arancini. All great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy1964PhilliesfanDined on 7/12/2014Before going here I checked the reviews. The common thread was the high noise level and the plastic uncomfortable chairs. I thought "how noisy can it be and how bad can the chairs be? The noise level is high but tolerable. The chairs are a joke. For a high end place to have uncomfortable plastic chairs makes no sense at all, especially when so many people comment on it. My daughter returned home from a year abroad and she had her new boyfriend so I wanted some place special. It was a very special evening and we all had a great time. The food for everyone else was excellent. My seafood sampler was ordinary at best. I had a soft shell crab a week ago at another restaurant not far from this and it was far superior.
- ac main landMeRoVIPDined on 7/12/2014Loved the food at this restaurant on the mainland. We had a party of 6 and we all enjoyed our food. They were very good with the specifics that we ordered with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!PeglegjimDined on 7/12/2014Multiple visits have never failed to impress all of our gourmet friends. With BYOB, an outstanding and yet economical dinner. Our waitress was not only very professional but was very knowledgable about all the preparations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luke PalladinoScottDined on 7/6/2014I have dined at all of Luke Palladino's restaurant except the steak restaurat The original was the best. This was an OK experience but no need to rush back. I had the baby back ribs. This was better left for a rib restaurant. Choices were limited overall.
- Would RecommendDanBVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent! We split the gnocchi as an appetizer. Delicious light puffs. My husband had the ribs, which were definitely worth ordering again. We did not expect to order ribs at an Italian restaurant, but these were terrific baby backs. The whole fish was also wonderful, and they will filet the fish upon request. Service was excellent and very attentive. The only downside, as others have mentioned, are the plastic chairs. Perhaps they don't want diners to linger. Request a booth, at least those seats are padded!I would recommend this to a friend.