Luke Palladino - Seasonal Italian Cooking
199 New Road, Central Square
Linwood, NJ 08221Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Luke Palladino - Seasonal Italian Cooking
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lukepalladino.com/
- Phone: (609) 926-3030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luke Palladino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Luke Palladino Catering would be pleased to cater any event, from an intimate dinner or party to an elaborate wedding. Catering menus can be customized with Luke personally, to suit any taste or budget. We will be happy to work with any idea, theme or vision you have for your event.
Delivery, set-up, cooking staff, serving staff, bartenders and other services available.
A word from Luke Palladino - Seasonal Italian Cooking
Newly expanded and relocated, Luke Palladino Seasonal Italian Cooking is a culmination of Luke's experiences working throughout Italy. Our menu changes regularly and is based on seasonally-available prime ingredients. We are proud to offer you what so beautifully defines Italian cuisine: freshness of product, simplicity and spontaneity all bound by tradition. Handcrafted pastas are made daily on premises. We feature expertly prepared meat, fish, poultry & seafood. You and your guests will delight in our seductive interior designed by Scott Eccard of Eccardesigns. We are a BYOB.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Luke Palladino - Seasonal Italian Cooking - Best Restaurants in Northfield/Linwood ›
Luke Palladino - Seasonal Italian Cooking reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (86)neighborhood gem (77)special occasion (60)romantic (36)good for groups (18)hot spot (18)great for lunch (17)great for outdoor dining (15)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Love the food!Dmc1113VIPDined on 11/21/2014The good is always exceptional and can accommodate anyone s taste. All food is made to order so it's always fresh. Menu changes with seasons so it's always nice to have those seasonal fresh tastes. A must go if you've never been!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!FloradoraDined on 11/20/2014Repeat visitors, we have always been impressed. The food is wonderful. It is clear that the recipes are thoughtfully and imaginatively constructed; the food is carefully prepared. Service is friendly and unobtrusive, a great combination. If it is a little out of your way, believe me, it is worth the trip. Your time and your money will be well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden SurpriseBillyVIPDined on 11/10/2014Tucked away in an outdoor shopping area, even people familiar with the shopping area did not know it was there. Wonderful menu, attentive service, BYO. Will be back.Special Features:
- OutstandingTerriVIPDined on 11/9/2014Great meal-as always. We are very fortunate to have a restaurant of this quality in the area.Special Features:
- Another great night at Palladino'sLimaDined on 11/8/2014My recent visit included a birthday celebration for my husband with 6 friends and I couldn't have picked a better place for the party. Everyone raved about the food, service and evening. From the prosciutto crostini's to the pork osabuco - everything was delicious. A few favorites also included the dates, the tagliatelle with mushrooms, dorado and beet gnocchi, every visit is a culinary delight. By far one of our favorite restaurants, and we look forward to our next visit and what delicious surprises Luke will deliver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealJag3VIPDined on 10/31/2014Was my second time at this restaurant. The food and service were great. Luke was there and had a tasting of what is going to be offered at his new place in Philly. It was great night.Special Features:
- I expected better...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/27/2014Service was just "ok". Had the fish of the day (dorade) and is was quite bland and unremarkable. This was my first time at this Luke Palladino location, and frankly, I was a bit disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealFisherman2Dined on 10/25/2014Luke Palladino is our favorite restaurant in the Shore area for good reason. Food is always wonderful! Their pastas especially outstanding. Desserts quite wonderful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to expand menumikegallowayVIPDined on 10/24/2014If you go often selections are minimal--food is very good though that's why we go oftenSpecial Features:
- Food GurufoodguruDined on 10/24/2014Great service, from time of being greeted by hostess with welcoming smile, to perfectly attentive server that helped us choose a wonderful meal to the polite busboy that made sure water glasses always full and empty plates removed promptly. Everything we ate was outstanding. From our roasted duck sausage and grape app on goat cheese polenta to Butternut Squash Ravioli with sage and brown butter sauce to our Roasted whole fish with black garlic, porcini mushrooms and spinach, to our shared Zuccotto dessert, chocolate cake filled with orange-scented ricotta & pastry cream with chocolate ganache - YUM! Great service and food!Special Features:
- ImpeccableDatenightmomDined on 10/24/2014Always perfect. Nice to see Mr. Luke Pallidino on site and attending to fine details. We have dined at Palladino's frequently and are never disappointed. Love the new Fall menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usualHotelGMDined on 10/22/2014We are never disappointed with the entree items. We enjoyed their new fall menu.Special Features:
- Always outstanding ..Fredw1762VIPDined on 10/19/2014Anxiously awaiting for Paladino's , South Philadelphia .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The manager was very helpful. The staff was great and attentive. The chairs are very uncomfortable! Had to get up and walk around then come back and finish my mealSpecial Features:
- Excellent until the entrees cameMargatianDined on 10/17/2014Great flavors but poor execution of entrees, 3/4 sent back. Two veal chops and duck breast special were well undercooked. Duck presented at a very questionable temperature. Entrees returned still not satisfactory Our server made a feeble attempt to blame the air conditioner positioned above our table for the cold duck plate and the hostess too defended the kitchen's presentations. And we all know what happens when one let alone 3 entrees go back, the entire rhythm of the meal is thrown off. The extra sides (wonderful crispy brussel sprouts) got eaten or cold before the main dishes returned. In the end two chops went home in doggie bags ( the price of one was removed from the bill) and a complimentary but uneventful dolce was provided.Special Features:
- Luke's is always superbFredw1762VIPDined on 10/12/2014Great food, service and atmosphere . Gia is an outstanding server .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBetterthanTomatoesDined on 10/5/2014We always go to Tomatoes in Margate for my birthday. NEVER disappoints. Tried Lukes instead & the food was very good (w/ the exception of one app that was supposed to be hot but was cold) but the service - disappointing. Couldn't complain about the app b/c waiter was MIA. Seated immediately by friendly hostess but long time waiting for server to approach us. In fact, he waited 1st on another table seated after us. Ok to wait if he had at least welcomed us, brought a wine bucket & and opened wine to enjoy while reading the menu. So, great food but disappointing service. Except bus boy! He was very attentive, clearing plates, refilling water and bringing us a wine bucket (after we asked, of course). Back to Tomatoes for me!Special Features:
- Deliciousmaddie6887Dined on 10/5/2014Dined on Oct. 5, 2014 for a birthday party. There were six of us and one diner took advantage of the Pre-Fixe 3 course Sunday menu ($29) while the rest of us ordered off the menu. Delicious from the first bite to the last. I ordered a chocolate mousse cake from the restaurant that everyone raved about, even the one person who "doesn't like cake" ate his entire portion. Great local restaurant away from casinos that features a seasonal menu. This is a B.Y.O., so bring a nice bottle of wine to accompany your dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findubasmomDined on 10/2/2014On a Thursday night out with friends, we had choices of food with different "twists" (bread sticks with truffle butter and prosciutto). The noise level was not a problem. The food and service was very good. It is a BYOB restaurant. Looking forward to next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikegallowayVIPDined on 9/26/2014Love Luke Palladino. Excellent chef and a really good guy. The noise in the restaurant was loud this evening and wasn't quite as romantic as usual. This is my wife and my date spot so it wasn't as appealing as usual. Also, service was moderately slow this evening. Waited 20 mins before anyone really attended to us. Food was it's usual excellent though so all was good.Special Features:
- Fall nightSuncloudDined on 9/23/2014My 2nd time here in less than a month . That means it all works so well together. Would have loved fireplace on but other than that it's perfect. See you on Passyunk aveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the seafood grilleLikeToEatOutVIPDined on 9/20/2014Appetizers were good, calamari, eggplant. Party of 5, three had the seafood grille for $34 each. Awful! 2 greasy breaded shrimp, 2 greasy breaded scallops, 1 small greasy breaded tuna. Tasted like they were dipped in oil after frying. Such a disappointment! Another had the beef ragu, which was more like where's the beef? Menu was very limited. Won't be going back.
- Great anniversary dinnerVolpinator1Dined on 9/20/2014Luke is an incredible chef awesome flavor combinations just really awesome food he is the man when it comes to Italian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three times a charmJoanneVIPDined on 9/20/2014We have had dinner on a Thursday, Friday and this time, Saturday at Luke's. Each time it was a great experience. The service, setting and very inventive food were all great. Caesar salad and beautiful baked cheese with honey followed by a velvety pasta with a pesto sauce. Byob!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNiNiVIPDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I both enjoyed our dinner. I had the mixed grill which included albacore tuna which I have never had fresh before only from the can. It was very good, the dish also had shrimp and scallops. My husband had seafood Pescatore which he said was very good. This restaurant is a BYOB. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- BergersBergersDined on 9/13/2014Bin trying to get a reservation for a weekend night for a while, was not disappointed with the restaurant or the food. The smoke BBQ pork ribs were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurantFredw1762VIPDined on 9/9/2014Luke's is always an outstanding dining experience . Food and service is always exceptional .Special Features:
- Wonderful appetizerCookKeyDined on 9/9/2014This is the third time I have tried Luke's restaurant which is a BYOB in Central Square. The atmosphere is urban chic and very trendy, decorated in black and white. The main courses are a bit of a disappointment, but the mushroom crepe appetizer is fabulous. With a good bottle of wine and perhaps a nice salad, this could be a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Need to expand menumikegallowayVIPDined on 9/5/2014We truly love this place but unfortunately do not eat fish and there are times when there are not a lot of choices for us but everything is always prepared perfectly and the staff is wonderful. Our meal was excellent again and I recommend the ribs--fall off the bone and delicious.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and setting at byobJoanneVIPDined on 9/4/2014A little shopping center yielded a nice dining surprise. The setting was nice, serving very professional and he food was innovative and tasty. Good selection and everything was fresh. Choices of seafood, meat and vegetarian. Asked for a substitute in the dish and after a brief question to the chef the server came back with a positive response.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backMDandHVIPDined on 8/31/2014We took the kids to dinner here a few weeks back and absolutely loved it! We all had the "Chef's Tasting" menu and it was Fabulous! Staff was wonderful...food was delicious...Keep up the great job Chef Luke!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luke always does it wellmikegallowayVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was prepared perfectly and everything to our liking. Have to have the ribs. Better than any I have ever had but the appetizers and pastas beat all. This place can be anything you want it to be. Fun and energetic or romantic. Really one of the best in Atlantic County and certainly the finest place to eat west of ACSpecial Features:
- Harrah's to NorthfieldMcQuade12Dined on 8/27/2014We were disappointed that Luke Palladino's restaurant closed at Harrah's Atlantic City. However, the food is worth traveling to the Northfield location. :)Special Features:
- Foodie2Foodie2VIPDined on 8/26/2014Creative and inventive menu. Incredibly fresh. Service was pleasant but not attentive-- ie our water glasses were never refilled. That said, we would go back to try some additional dishes. The octopus salad was excellent. You must bring your own wine.Special Features:
- Just not quite what it wasLeeagolf6VIPDined on 8/26/2014Luke, in the original spot was really the place for innovative, creative food at the Shore. It is still very good. It is just not exceptional. We were served by a young girl who was competent; just not polished. My wife and I agreed that the good preparation is just a smidgen below where they used to be. The "wow" is gone and it is a shame. You used to walk out shaking your head ad to how great it was. We still shot out heads last night, but not for that reason. It is too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoreenDined on 8/25/2014Whenever I stay at the Borgata in AC, my husband and I wouldn't miss a dinner here. My dining experience gets better and better with each visit.Special Features:
- Luke Paladino--OutstandingFredw1762VIPDined on 8/24/2014Always an excellent dining experience . Food and service is always great .Special Features:
- Best restaurant in New JerseyaperleDined on 8/23/2014Luke Palladino is the best Italian chef in New Jersey and his seasonal italian location never ceases to amaze me. The food was spectacular. We had a party of 6 and there was literally not a drop of food left over. I highly reccomend any pasta dish. It's all made fresh everyday. The real star is his gnocchi. It's a special everyday. Get there and tell your server to set aside a dish as soon as you sit down!Special Features:
- Super Italian food!OCdinerDined on 8/23/2014We took our very selective Italian friends from Greenwich, Ct. here based on multiple recommendations and we were all thoroughly haooy with the outcome. As we left they asked us to keep it on the list for their annual visits to our beach house. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner1Dined on 8/22/2014This used to be our favorite restaurant, so I chose it for our 49th anniversary celebration. I did notify the restaurant by note through open table and also by phone of the occasion. The event was totally ignored by the hostess, staff, etc. Being a frequent customer, I was most disappointed. My husband enjoyed his dinner of pork ribs which had peppers and a bit of garnish with it. Being celiac, I called ahead to speak to the chef. My meal was prepared by special request, but I felt it really was disappointing - I specifically ordered a lobster, and it was pre-cracked in the kitchen, but there was nothing served with it. The side dish which I ordered (grilled eggplant) was overcooked, cold and greasy.