Luka's Italian Cuisine
10 River Road
Bogota, NJ 07603Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Luka's Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lukasitaliancuisine.com/
- Phone: (201) 440-2996
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:45pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:45pm
Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:45pm
Sunday: private parties only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Luka
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Trays available for pick up. Larger orders can be delivered.
A word from Luka's Italian Cuisine
Authentic Italian favorites and fresh daily specials inspired by Chef Luka.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Luka's Italian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Ridgefield Park ›
Luka's Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (15)romantic (10)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Don't Miss Luka's Italian Cuisine in Bogota!SterlingsmileDined on 11/15/2014This was my first visit to Luka's. Having grown up, eating at the table of Italian born friends, I can honestly say that the food at Luka's is on par with the finest home made Italian food I have ever had. Table orders ranged from appetizers (clams, calamare, shrimp) to various entrees (pastas, chicken, seafood) to dessert (flan & tartufo). All ingredients were the freshest and highest quality. Dishes were tastefully seasoned, but not overly so, allowing the freshness of the ingredients to really take center stage. Portions were generous. Service was extremely attentive but not obtrusive. Cost of meal was very fair considering the quality and portion size. We traveled 45 minutes to meet our friends here and will return soon. I strongly suggest weekend reservations. This restaurant is no secret and was still crowded with diners waiting to be seated at 9:30 PM on a Saturday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantSAFriendlyDined on 11/8/2014My girlfriend and our two friends went here for dinner the other night after a recommendation from a co-worker and we were not disappointed. We made a reservation for 8:30p and were seated within 10 minutes. While we waited, the owner Luka greeted us and welcomed us as first timer's to the restaurant. The food was excellent, service superb and was reasonably priced. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and great foodAmyFVIPDined on 11/8/2014The entire staff is friendly and provide great service. The food is traditional Italian style with some variations and is consistently good. A great local BYOB and even the patrons next to you tend to be friendly and share feedback about their meal. My husband had the pork chop special and raved about it! My fish was cooked perfectly and full of flavor. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDiscerningDinerDined on 11/3/2014Chef-owner keeps the staff and the food at a high level. BYOB keeps the cost of fine dining reasonable. They are friendly and attentive. Staff sang "Happy Birthday" to my husband, after checking with me it was OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Been there a few times and always enjoyed the food. The only thing i would say is that the water boy filled our soda glasses with water 3 times, but the waiter took care of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great NightGCdineoutVIPDined on 10/25/2014Wife and I went out with another couple and food didn't disappoint. It was excellent. Prices reasonable and the shrimp was great. BYOD a plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!KatLionDined on 10/18/2014Ambiance was good except the table next to us was obnoxiously loud, they seemed to be regs. Food was great but took long to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luka's BYOB restaurantwineanddineDined on 10/13/2014I love the food here, it is always fresh and delicious. For Italian food, it is light and fresh, not heavy with sauces. The waitstaff is terrific and very knowlegable about the menu and the specials are always terrific. In the summer and early fall they have homegrown organic heirloom tomatoes that are worth the trip! Prices are very reasonable. A hidden gem!Special Features:
- great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014dinner for 5, comfortable table, really good food - great service. Prices are reasonable, nice open feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor dinner at Luka'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Arriving the room was freezing we ( as well as the table behind us ) asked for the air to be turned down , the waiter had both tables move to a different room, one with a large noisy party in it. The waiter had an attitude and rushed us. I had Calamari over penne, sauce and pasta were good calamari was so overcooked and chewy it was not edible.
- hiden gemloveLUKASDined on 9/30/2014This is a place that is a must had to dine. The staff and owners are there to serve you until you say stop. The food is the best of the best.Special Features:
- LunchJHNJ74Dined on 9/30/2014Excellent fresh salad, great calamari! Lunch was hot, served at a nice pace, fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best food !Robynslp95VIPDined on 9/24/2014I've been going to Luka's since it opened and was a tiny store front in Ridgefield Park the new location is not fancy but bigger and has much better parking and rest rooms. Luka is an amazing chef and host and his son is doing a great job as a lead now . The food is fresh and delicious . Several favorites are : spaghetti Luka , chicken la scala , the pumpkin ravioli and his amazing gnocchi. No one beats the gnocchi here . Weekdays or weekends , it's a great place to go for great Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Luka's is a great local spot for traditional Italian food. My husband and I live within walking distance. We will definitely be going back soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceeded our expectationsstellinacatDined on 9/19/2014This was our second time dining at Luka's and this time we brought another couple with us. They surprised us with their recent engagement news and once the staff learned of this they surprised all of us with candle in their dessert and a round of anisette. We will definitely be back again with more friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always outstandingThemisDined on 9/13/2014Lukas is a great neighborhood Italian restaurant Originally located in Ridgefield Park, Lukas moved to Bogota. Service and food is always consistent. We have been going to Lukas for many years and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luka'swnpveronaVIPDined on 8/28/2014Been going to Luka's for years, but this was the first time in their new location. It's bigger and brighter. The food is unchanged. Very good "red sauce" Italian. Large selection of food on the menu and the daily specials. Excellent value as the main courses come with a salad first and pasta and vegetables. I'll continue to go to Luka's when I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SilvioSilvioDined on 8/23/2014We have been to Luka's in Ridgefield Park on numerous occasions and were always very pleased with the food, and the attentive service. Unfortunately, the space was small and while never noisy you could feel a part of the conversations around you. Never uncomfortable but somewhat constrained. The new space has opened up the dining area to alleviate that problem. Add that to even better service and a specials menu that is extraordinary, Luka's is a place that once tried you will go back to time and time again. A neighborhood gem that warrants a destination visit!Special Features:
- Freshest ItalianJackieDined on 8/16/2014From the moment you walk in, you are treated like family.Every dish is flavorful. From the mussels to the branzini, to the veal or homemade pasta. every bite is a delight.Special Features:
- Italian GemFood4thoughtDined on 8/2/2014First of all it is a. BYO...We have been to Luka 's many times and I will tell you we are never disappointed. From our greeting from Luka at the door to our attentive servers we always feel welcome. On this visit we started with mussels with garlic and red sauce just delicious and just to tell you there fish is very fresh. For our entrees I had broiled scallops in a white wine sauce they were tender and large. They melted in your mouth . My husband has the soft shell crab he could not stop saying how delicious it was . Finally for our dessert we shared home made tiramisu and he had coffee I had a cappuccino . We were delighted with our meals . Thanks Luka for consistently great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchRobbieDined on 8/1/2014Consistently great food and service. Always new specials to give variety to the regular menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014went here for my mom's bday after she had heard rave reviews of it for a while. the food was really delicious (I had the grilled chicken and vegetables and she had the eggplant parm), reasonably priced and there was more than enough for one person in a portion. The service was extremely slow, despite there only being a few people in the whole restaurant. I would definitely recommend this place for a family dinner, date, or just a nice night out to eat.Special Features:
- Great dinnerMikeDined on 7/30/2014We have all enjoyed our dinner every time we have been there. In addition to the good food, the staff is extremely pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 21 reviews are from the Luka's Italian Cuisine reviews archive.
- Great Birthday DinnerLadp83Dined on 7/19/2014We took our nine year old and her friend for dinner after seeing Cinderella on Broadway for her birthday and could not be happier. The girls were treated like princesses (the tiaras didn't hurt)!! The food was fantastic and the service stellar. We had a wonderful experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experiencesuzieq64Dined on 7/12/2014Went to Lukas with my closest friends and family for my birthday on Saturday eve. Was greeted warmly and seated at a lovely round table. Service immediately good...water, drinks(we brought wine as this is BYOB) all good. After the meal order was given, the service suddenly changed ....waiter lost in space, no water, we ate more bread than we wanted because appetizers took so long to come. When it came, it was yummy. Entrees came later, also a little too slow...but the food quality was great. . Not sure what was happening with service, but the food and the owner(and son?) were so nice I would certainly go back again and hope for better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesThreesomeVIPDined on 7/1/2014I have been dining at Luka's for over 20 years and I have never been disappointed. Consistently great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family favoriteladybugDined on 6/28/2014We always enjoy Luka's and again were not disappointed when we treated some out of town guests for dinner here on a busy Saturday evening. Our meals ranged from a fabulous lamb chop dinner special to some favorite regular menu pasta and fish dinners and all were delicious. The hot antipasto-for-two was a fun and satisfying appetizer to share. Luka and his staff are always welcoming and attentive and make everyone feel like "family" whether you are a regular or a first-timer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food & service says it allsloanieDined on 6/27/2014Had a fine meal as well as service. Highly recommend for a casual evening of great food and relaxing atmoshere. Will definetlybe going back.Special Features:
- Luka's=AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Had a great dinner for (4) before a concert on a Saturday night. Appetizers: Shrimp in garlic, buffalo mozzarella, mozzarella in carozza, all were very good and spaced well with dinner salad Dinner: salmon, veal Luka, Shrimp francese, lamb chops our group raved about all! Veal Luka was outstanding! Comfortable setting and did not rush us. Chef Luka came and visited the room to assure our satisfaction. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingnjbaldmanDined on 6/17/2014My second visit, the first being at a set menu party. The appetizer of Portabello Mushrooms in a sort of teriyakki brown sauce was not good. My entree of broiled salmon was good. My son had Tortellini Romano which was pretty blah. Chicken Francese was good. Nothing was great, including the "family-style" bowl of pasta is a rather small bowl. Would not recommend this place as I live in an area with a lot better restaurants.Special Features:
- A Home Away From HomeRobbDined on 6/14/2014When you walk into Luka's after your 1st experience you are greeted like family. Luka and his son are always there to greet the guests and attend to your needs. The wait staff has been with the restaurant for many years. All of the faces are familiar. Thus the service is outstanding. The food is all made fresh and has an wonderful home made quality. It is a BYOB which is nice. It is our "go to" restaurant when we want great food at a resonable price and a friendly, warm atmosphere.Special Features:
- Beware if allergic to shellfish!ItalianNNJ81Dined on 5/24/2014I went to Lukas for dinner with my husband baby and another couple. I ordered an appetizer specifically saying no fish! As I started eating it I tasted fish. The waiter said oh yes there is crab in there and walked away. Our drinks were never refilled, my husbands fish was tasteless/frozen. I asked for extra dressing and spaghetti and never got it. When food was delivered it was thrown on the table. Very disappointing. Also certain people of certain nationalities get priority treatment. I would never go here again or recommend it.
- BubieJoDined on 5/23/2014Everything we ordered came out hot and fresh. The chicken francese could have used a little more sauce, especially when served under the chicken on the same plate. When we were looking at appetizer's our waiter informed us what would feed only 2 and what would feed the 4 of us. That was instrumental in ordering the appetizer. I will continue to eat at Luka's as long as he stays around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly greatThreesomeVIPDined on 5/7/2014I have been dinning at Luka's for over 20 years the food and service have always been outstanding. This is a very friendly gem of a restaurant not to be missed.Special Features:
- Saturday nite dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Food was excellent, very crowded. Every time waiter passed he hit my chair. I would never go on a Saturday again. Owners very friendly and nice. I may try a week day next time. The restaurant is beautiful and its a byob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and serviceFoodie45Dined on 4/21/2014My husband and I enjoy he delicious food and attentive service we receive at Luka's we expect to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Luka's1njgalVIPDined on 4/11/2014We have been to this neighborhood restaurant numerous times. Host Luka is warm and welcoming. The menu varies from pastas to fish dishes…pleasant ambiance…good service. At times the fish is excellent and at other times fair. The escargot in scampi sauce was enjoyable. We enjoy this local BYOB and feel there is good energy and a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent.shelstanVIPDined on 4/9/2014We have been eating at Lukas for years. Always very good With great service.Special Features:
- The food is very good buteat3inbogotaDined on 4/5/2014The food is very good but if you are looking for a quiet leisurely dinner with friends do not go there on Saturday nights. Even though my reservation was honored at the correct time the do tend to rush you a bit because it's crowded and they have people waiting all night long.Special Features:
- A great local restaurantLilwifDined on 3/31/2014We have been going to Luka's for years and love the new location and space. Food has always been outstanding and and the service friendly and welcoming. So glad they have chosen to be on Open Table. Now we can make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.