Luigi's Restaurant & Bar
265-21 Union Tpke
New Hyde Park, NY 11040Neighborhood:
New Hyde Park
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Luigi's Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 7183477136
- Hours of Operation:
Sun-Thu 11.30 AM to 10 PM
Fri-Sat 11.30AM to 11.00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Luigi's Restaurant & Bar
Luigi’s Restaurant & Bar in New Hyde Park, NY is a timeless Italian eatery serving high-quality Italian-American classics, rustic Italian cuisine and contemporary dishes. Try our homemade pastas, wood-fired oven pizzas and award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Luigi's Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)special occasion (27)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (24)kid-friendly (13)romantic (13)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- JCVAUGDined on 8/30/2014The food is good with ample portion. The service was timely even with a full restaurant, a credit to the staff! This was a repeat for us and we enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2014Always had a great meal. Prices reasonable and great service. Honored reservationsSpecial Features:
- Mamma Mia, what a meal!!LinBDined on 8/10/2014Fabulous food, attentive service, and REALLY great brick oven pizza - Incredible spaghetti and meatbals made my three kids so happy - we will be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014Food great, service great. Highly recommend. Homemade pasta really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localDined on 7/29/2014Great food and service. Homemade pastas are amazing. Chilean sea bass with an awesome creamy polenta.yum!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disapointscarrie13Dined on 7/26/2014i have been to luigis many times, since I live very close. it is always a good time and the food always great! I have been there with large groups as well, and have no complaints. In addition, they just redid the take out section, making even more room for addl tables and opened up a separate pizzeria, which is very good. I would highly recommend Luigis.Special Features:
- Luigi's Never DisappointsKpwlippDined on 7/26/2014Simply amazing experience from beginning to end. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsbbbottleDined on 7/24/2014Very accomodating to our needs. We had a large group of 20 and had a great time. Will definately be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindMatthewWDined on 6/29/2014Just organized a family dinner for eleven and came here at the suggestion of a friend. Our waitress was excellent, yet her help lacked the high standard that she set. All the dishes were excellent except for the Sea Bass, that was a let down for two diners. The red sauce was spectacular. Next time I will order a bowl of sauce and bread and be very happy. Order the hot seafood appetizer, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- erica and staff were greatalanDined on 6/21/2014Food and service were great. Very noisy not for a romantic evening or business deal. Great for groups and familiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinning at a good restaurant in LI.love2dineDined on 6/17/2014Service was not as good as my 1st Dinning Experence (on my Anniversary) May26 and my reservation was not keep had to wait almost 25min But the place was packed and the food was excellent. the staff was great. will I come back absolutely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findcubbieDined on 6/14/2014I don't live near Luigi's but had an Open Table certificate and wanted to try other restaurants that were not in my loal area. My dad is a very picky eater so i always need to check the menu first to see if there is anything that he would like. Luigi's did not disappoint. The portions are huge, the prices were good, and the food was excellent. I came on Father's day weekend and the place was very crowded. I had a reservation and was seated immediately. The service was very good.Special Features:
- Hit the spot, as usualFrankieEatsDined on 6/1/2014Wonderful restaurant for lunch or dinner. No matter what digs you choose, you will be pleased.Special Features:
- AMAZINGjungahDined on 5/30/2014My family's from Argentina and it is extremely hard to satisfy our taste buds. After a friend's praise on this place, we decided to give it a try. We ordered a dish from every section on the menu and we were not disappointed. Everything was absolutely delicious and we will definitely be going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Local SpotwilloDined on 5/27/2014Very popular restaurant for the surrounding neighborhood(s), so gets crowded and loud. Decor and interior is pleasant and if quiet, would be considered romantic. Food is good/very good, with a recommendation to order dishes with the fresh-made house pastas.Special Features:
- Average Italian foodFoodiechickDined on 5/25/2014The restaurant has a nice back room with a large chandelier and a fireplace. It's a nice room for a small party. The food is okay, depending on what you order. The meat entrees seemed to look better than the pasta dishes. The portions are pretty big for the price. I wasn't thrilled with the pappardelle with lobster, but the veal chops looked delicious. I should have ordered that instead. The bread with pesto that you get before the meal was excellent. As for dessert, the warm chocolate cake is great. I had the strawberry banana Napoleon, which could have used some sauce or more strawberries.The pastry was a little dry and flaky. Overall, the experience was pleasant and the portions were large enough to have for lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodMichelle1Dined on 5/24/2014I love coming to luigi's. The food is prefect every time. The prices are very reasonable and the staff are friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Mama Cooking & MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Long time favorite. Celebrated many a birthday, graduation and family night out. Never disappoints and food is fantastic. Service is exceptional. Menu is full of delicious dishes but they will always accommodate a special request and it is usually fabulous. Have recommended to many and they keep going back as well.Special Features:
- The following 54 reviews are from the Luigi's Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Food was great service excellent dessert divine husband loved the wine ordered specials which put Bill over $100 4/2 but you can order right off the menu for less and eat very well . Loved our reserved table took us right away. Very good experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/2/2014the food was great and the service outstanding. ate dinner with friends that we had not seen in awhile. the server was attentive to that and made sure that we were not rushed and had everything we need. good time, good food outstanding service.Special Features:
- Down HillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014I have been to this restaurant at least 10 times, and regretfully this will be the last. It started by the hostess being angry towards us because we did not call back to confirm our reservation. The reservation is pointless because they make you wait at the bar for a half hour/45 mins anyway, with your table open. When waiting at the bar, my wife order a martini. The martini was served cloudy with ice in it. Im not expert but I know martinis shouldn't have ice in it. When we finally got to sit down we ordered our food and the appetizer was a brick oven bar pie. The pizza dough was soft and not brick oven. It was undercooked and tasted like pita bread. I could write more but it only limits me to a certain number of characters.
- This restaurant is fail proof!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014We love this restaurant, the friendliness of the staff, the service and the food quality is always dependable. It is a "go to" place with friends and they become "fans" also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotNickS40Dined on 4/15/2014Lovely neighborhood gem great Italian food, great service and quiet spot to eat. Will be added to list of places I'd go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood DiningNezzieSDined on 4/12/2014We have had the pleasure in eating @ Luigis several times. We have never had a bad meal. I Defintely recommend having a reservation for dinner time on Fridays & Saturdays. This last visit I really enjoyed the Italian version of spring rolls Gorgonzola cheese with Broccoli Rabe. The veal chop special is always a delicious treat. The waiters are also very attententive and good at their jobs. Two thumbs up for our overall experience. When in the neighborhood I definitely recommend Luigis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, loud moodfoodiendeeDined on 4/11/2014The Italian fare is very good but the busy crowded dining room makes any normal conversation difficult. Decent wine listSpecial Features:
- Impressive, especially inanbeDined on 4/10/2014Impressive, especially in the type of neighborhood -- working class -- with an outstanding menuSpecial Features:
- Good FoodDenLanNYCDined on 3/29/2014Had a great time at Luigi's the other night, the food was good and the service was great!! The staff was very friendly. Don't come to diner here without a reservation, it was packed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014The food is excellent...homemade ,fresh, and properly seasoned. The benchmarks for the food...the gnocchi was lift,fluffy and tasty. The strawberry-banana Napoleon had light,crispy pastry, the homemade ravioli smelted in you mouth. The sauce was authentic and did not have the usual Ragu ripoff. consistent or flavor which is par for the course in most Long Island Italian restaurants. We drove from Port Jefferson and would definitely make the trek again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had dinner here last week.KikiDined on 3/28/2014We had dinner here last week. The food was delicious, and consistent every time ! The place was packed and we had to wait for our reservation. The hostess/manager Ana was very apologetic about the wait and offered us a free appetizer of our choice and it was scrumptious! The veal margarita and crab cakes were amazing! Would definitely go back because of the food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great italian dinnerspskagsVIPDined on 3/26/2014Dinner was greatvfrom the pasta to fish Side of spinach was amazing Chocolate cake for dessert skip the appetizer so you can have thisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very poor andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2014Service was very poor and the food was fair.............
- Very good authentic ItalianFrankcav1623Dined on 3/22/2014Very good authentic Italian dining. Casual atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The seafood risotto was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2014The seafood risotto was good, but the Chilean Sea Bass (not sure it was that fish) was a defrosted over-salted lump lacking any flavor with over-buttered polenta for $36. A few bites was enough. Waste of money. Stick with the pasta dishes or veal chop.
- Great DinnerRufusDined on 3/17/2014Asked the server if the kitchen could put something together for me and they were willing to do it and it came out amazing. The broth in their mussel appetizer is out of this world and the pesto dipping sauce is fabulous when you first sit down. The only negative was the seating. We were put in a booth and the lady who was behind me was actually pushing me in the back. Every time she moved I was forced to move or take her elbow in my back. Now I am no expert on seating but I should not be able to be pushed and prodded by someone in a different booth. Very annoying but will not stop me from becoming a regular as the food and service were fantastic.
- Great experience all around.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2014Great experience all around. Food, service, ambience all come togetherSpecial Features:
- Hidden Glen Oaks GemDaniellePDined on 3/15/2014I have been to Luigi's when it first opened up years ago. Ever since, I moved away and haven't been back until last Saturday Night. My friends and I went to Luigi's for dinner and we were impressed. All of our entrees were out of this world. Each of us ordered a dessert and the portions were very generous. Luigi's is modestly priced and fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate Mom's birthday!LLum83VIPDined on 3/8/2014We went to Luigi's to celebrate mom's birthday, we had the special Salmon, Lobster & shrimp Parpedelle, and eggplant parmesan! great service, great food, all n all another satisfying meal at Luigi's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was stuck upTriumph123Dined on 2/28/2014Overall it was a good place food was good but waitress was a snibe,she took order never came back to check on things I left $30 tip and never got a thank you or have a good night we forget her name but she had red hair .dont forget a nice waiter or waitress and good food is what makes customers come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianChow4nowDined on 2/23/2014I'm a pretty good cook of all things Italian, and find myself always pleasantly surprised by the different specials and menu staples there. The staff is usually very nice , but sometimes are overwhelmed by the amount of people that can seem to flood the place in waves. That's just another indicator of the quality of the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant!!!!UpsetDined on 2/20/2014I love luigis!!!! Amazing food, service and wine!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.