Lugo Italian - Revel
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Lugo Italian - Revel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.revelresorts.com/dining/select/lugo
- Phone: 6092259890
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday - 5pm - 10pm
Friday and Saturday - 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Juliano Cannuscio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Lugo Italian - Revel
Lugo Italian delivers a fresh take on Italian classics, offering "la dolce vita" to all who dine there. The bustling dining room offers a true Italian dining experience offering fresh home made pastas and an indulgent menu of steaks and chops. Serving dinner seven days a week, Lugo Italian encompasses all the charms of the bustling Italian restaurant culture, making it a perfect forum for socializing and gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lugo Italian - Revel reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (20)scenic view (20)romantic (20)notable wine list (16)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Perfect pasta,great Caesar saladJDFoodieVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food here is great. I love the trofie pasta which comes with shrimp and either a pesto sauce (in spring/summer) or spicy red sauce (in winter) - both which are great! The chianti Classico reserva was a great accompaniment! With Revel closed, hope to experience Lugo somewhere else in the future ( or maybe the new owner of Revel will bring Lugo back)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so impressedDeannaDined on 8/27/2014Not sure if it's because Revel is closing, short of staff or what but food was very bland and not worth the money we spent. 26$ for a spaghetti and meatball my 10 year old could've made better. The ziti with chicken I had was flavorless: Server was friendly but not that attentive. Saw the ladies who fill water up more then our server, but could be because we had a big group and automatic 20% grat. I ate here a year ago and enjoyed it, but like I said the disappointment could be because of Revel closing.Special Features:
- Always Fabulous Food2fabtocloseDined on 8/21/2014Would be ashame if Revel closed forcing Lugos to close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodsharon567Dined on 8/21/2014Located in the Revel so about to close. Good spinach ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BittersweetOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/16/2014The food and ambiance were great. Too bad the hotel is closing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysBlondieDined on 8/15/2014Lugo is always great. The food is consistent. No long waits. Service is great . I can't say anything bad. I always have a good meal and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy, Happy Hour!NoraMDined on 8/15/2014With half-price drinks and appetizers (all of which are on the regular dining menu) at the bar, you can't go wrong from 5 to 7 p.m.!! The bartenders are friendly and do an excellent job providing great drinks and food. We went there with friends 2 nights in a row! The fried calamari, steamed mussels, whipped ricotta with speck wrapped figs, and the white pizza with pancetta, salami and truffle oil were all excellent. Sadly, the Revel is due to close September 10th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentpgtoDined on 8/5/2014It was excellent! One of our best meals ever. The spinach ravioli was incredible. Even if you don't like spinach, get this. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- Great dining experienceRonnieDined on 7/27/2014My wife had been here before at the Revel and loved it. She said we had to go that I would love it. She was right. Cocktails were great and homemade pasta was fabulous. Atmosphere made it feel I like a special night. The covenience f on line reservation took away worry that we would be turned away. A great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningGetawaygrubDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I were very please with the food and beverages and service. We mentioned ahead of time it was our anniversary and went dessert was brought out that they had wrote it on the plate. Very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedLuv2eatDined on 7/25/2014Food was good but I ordered my Filet Mignon medium and it was well done. Because of that, I left most of it. Kept cutting into it, thinking it would be pinker, but it wasn't. This is my second time at the restaurant, first time food was cooked perfectly. The waitress was very apologetic and she took the salad off the bill. Thought she should have not charged me for the Filet, but at least she did something, which was nice. Was disappointed, but would probably return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food at RevelmebbyVIPDined on 7/24/2014Definitely try the pappardelle with ragu; it was soooo good! Lugo is at the Revel Hotel and Casino and a good place if you are looking for comfortable Italian food at this casino. Unfortunately no view here, but the tables were nice and not too close. The room was pretty full, but not too noisy to have a conversation. It was a nice place for a meal and I definitely needed a walk on the boardwalk after eating almost all the pasta on my plate!Special Features:
- Enjoyable mealGingerDined on 7/24/2014The wine, appetizer, entrees and desert were all firstrate. This was our fourth visit to Lugo and it was sad to think it could possibly be closing if Revel also closes in August. Both Revel and Lugo brought a upscale ambiance to Atlantic City.Special Features:
- Great NightEnjoyslifeDined on 7/21/2014Everything was excellent. The drinks, food, and atmosphere were excellent. We enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was kind of disappointedalenkanyDined on 7/18/2014I made reservation to celebrate my husbands birthday. the restaurant on friday night was pretty empty, no music. Waitress was very nice and professional. We ordered carpaccio and appetizer with figs. It was not bad but not "complete" and not 100% tasty. The thing that disappoint me the most- I made a special request during reservation and asked them to bring out dessert with candle for my husband as a surprise for his bday. NOONE did.
- What an anniversary dinner!AnniversaryDined on 7/15/2014Our 8th anniversary was on July 15th, & my wife has been in remission from acute leukemia for 17 months now, so when I made the reservations online I put that info in the comments. not only was the food & service great but when they brought out my wife's dessert, they had written HAPPY ANNIVERSARY on the plate, and the waitress told her, "congrats on your remission!" This place is special, we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okay but terrible service!jwjwVIPDined on 7/14/2014My friend and I had dinner at Lugo last night. It was really not a good dining experience. Even though there were only a few diners in the restaurant, we waited an inordinate amount of time just to get out drinks brought to the table. Then we pretty much had to beg someone to bring us some bread while we waited for our food. When the chopped salad finally arrived, it was tasteless....we had to flag down our server and ask for some more dressing to put on the mound of tasteless lettuce. We also ordered the spinach ravioli. A server brought them to the table and immediately left, without bothering to offer us some grated cheese. This is no way to run a restaurant. We had to beg our way through the meal. Will not be going back.
- Lugo ItalianspxyxxDined on 7/14/2014Wonderful food. Generous portions. Great service.Special Features:
- Great dining with great staffhm986461Dined on 7/12/2014Always good food with nice wine selection. Staff always very pleasant, professional, and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced terible FoodMywaeDined on 7/12/2014Not only was the food over priced for a Casino going bankrupt but the food was absolutely terrible. I order Sea Bass, I literally got an over cooked piece of Salmon (Not kidding!) They "swapped" it out for an equally poor veal dish. My wife ordered a side of Garlic spinach. She got a bowl of flavorless spinach thrown in a bowl. A glass of house Pino was $15.00. It was literally measured at 2 fingers. The final damage was $208.00 and I will NEVER dine at LUGO. I don't care if they rename it. relocate it or close it. The Chef should be fired immediately!
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014We had a great dining experience. The food was excellent! Our waiter was very personable and attentive. My only minor complaint was that there was a big lag between our apps and entrees coming out. We had a late reservation, and the restaurant was only half full, so it was a little puzzling. Overall, it was a relaxing dinner and the food was delicious. I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014I came to Lugo for my friends Bachelorette Party and the food was divine. We specifically loved the incredible appetizers (fried calamari, meatballs, tossed salad, and mozzarella, prosciutto platter). The service was also great and we were in an out in time to head to the party!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDomEnicDined on 7/5/2014A great meal.....Pasta was amazing and the service was second to noneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But OverpricednmarchoDined on 7/5/2014The food was very good and obviously made from scratch. Very overpriced though - cost me $144 for two plates of pasta and two salads.Special Features:
- ExcellentVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food was good, but they had a limited selection.Special Features:
- DisappointmentEliotVIPDined on 7/4/2014We spent day at Revel and booked Lugo on spur of moment as we had been to other Revel restaurants (all of which we enjoy) but had not been to Lugo. Positives: our server was very friendly and helpful, and the Caprese salad we split to start was good. Fair: My wife ordered a non-Italian entree....a mixed grill special, which she described as "okay". Negatives: I ordered a Chicken Parm with Spaghetti Pomodoro. The chicken part was okay, the so called pomodoro sauce (which they say is home made) is indistinguishable from the sauce that Chef Boyardee uses in its canned ravioli. Upon leaving, a member of a group studying the menu to see if they wanted to dine at Lugo advised that they dined at the NY outpost and the food was "terrible".
- Food is blandNAncyDined on 7/2/2014The chicken was bland and dry and the mushrooms were dried out .The seabass was dry no taste over cooked. Very disappointed at both meals.
- Nice change!JPDac67Dined on 7/1/2014The food was excellent and the service was great. We would go back again in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hurry before they closecrazygardenerDined on 6/22/2014with Revel set to shut down soon, take advantage while you still can. whipped ricotta app was fabulous. watermelon salad was fresh and delicious. chicken that was added was dry and flavorless served on the side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialsDinner52Dined on 6/21/2014We were never told the specials, but heard another table being offered them, you should ask for them.Special Features:
- Great Authentic ItalianJillyPecDined on 6/18/2014Lugo is a fantastic restaurant located in the not-so-fantastic Revel Resort. The homemade mozzarella platter is amazing and a great way to start a meal. Pasta is fresh and tasty - we recommend the linguini and clams and the gnocchi bolognese. Service was top notch too!Special Features:
- Old Country Italian Foodjob1Dined on 6/18/2014I was very pleased with the food and service at Lugo @ the Revel in AC. We shared the arranchini appetizer . I had the pasta with bolognese sauce and my wife had the spaghetti with meat balls. We ordered the Wine by the glass (If you are having more that two glasses, order the bottle), Rosati by Banfi. If you plan or going to Lugo's , make sure you ask for Ya-Ya our server, she is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014The dinner and service was excellent. Noisy, tho...I would recommend to friends. Have only had dinners there so could not recommend lunch or special occasions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lugo At RevelLucyatlugiDined on 6/16/2014Extremely disapointed with the food and service. The spaghetti n meatballs was horrible as well as the pasta and meat sauce. Not impressed at all with the sauces; very salty. The service was very poor. In fact our waiter never offered cheese for the sauces. I will never go back.
- Attention to detail! Ocean view!GregSmithDined on 6/14/2014We took my mother for her birthday dinner. We started with the best antipasti platter I have ever had. The loaded plate included large portions of the best Italian meats, warm, fresh mozzarella, a variety of the best olives, and pickled veggies. We also had shrimp scampi (cooked perfectly) and tuna tartare with couscous, both of which were large enough for the whole table to eat plenty. For entrees, my mother ordered the mixed grill (filet mignon, grilled shrimp and scallops, lamb chops, and outstanding potato wedges). I had the monkfish special with a mouth-watering mushroom ravioli. My wife ordered the scallops and loved them. Everything was the perfect temperature, delivered on time. Chef Juliano even came out to greet us!Special Features:
- CircleTGolfDined on 6/7/2014Stick with the basics here and you'll be alright. Came before a show with my lovey girlfriend to have a pleasant meal. Was looking for a shared app and each of us to have an entree (and maybe a few drinks!). GF ordered a glass of sauv blanc at $13 that I know costs them about $7/btl. (It's ok, Amada has a bottle of rose for $54 I've later bought for $8.) I got a peroni. We shared the caprese salad which was delicious. Just wish there was enough balsamic reduction and tomato for every bite (and maybe some basil?). GF got the spinach raviolis which were good. I got the chx parm which was tasty just needed some more salt. Atleast it had some micro-basil (where was that for the caprese dang it?!) Overall it was ok for $130. (FC+LC=~15%)
- Italian Food at the Revel,LugoCasinobobDined on 6/6/2014We had the pleasure of dining at Lugo located at the Revel Casino Resort in Atlantic City on Friday,June 6, what a treat. We were greeted warmly by the hostess and seated promptly, our water glasses were filled immediately and our server,Samantha, quickly offered us a cocktail menu and returned to take our order, we declined the interesting drink choices, instead we ordered our dinner. I want to recommend the watermelon salad, sweet watermelon,jersey corn, feta cheese, heirloom tomatoes with an excellent balsamic dressing. The menu offers many salads and Italian food choices the homemade spaghetti was fabulous.Special Features:
- azdrVIPDined on 5/31/2014While the food remains very good at the restaurant, the menu choices continue to shrink. Many of my favorites are no longer on the menu. The menu is not as expansive and diverse as it was at their original location in Revel Casino
- Would not recommendUnsatisfiedDined on 5/31/2014Bad food, good service. We we're looking for some good Italian food; we didn't find it here.Special Features:
- service was good food was horriblebg123Dined on 5/24/2014Our waiter was great but the food had no taste and came to our table cold. We spent $200.00 and I would've expected a lot better. I would not recommend a friend or family member to go there. Could've spent a lot less for better food. I will not return again.Special Features:
- The following 472 reviews are from the Lugo Italian - Revel reviews archive.