1 Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lugocaffe.com/
- Phone: (212) 760-2700
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri: Breakfast; 8:00AM-11:30am AM
Lunch\Dinner 11:30AM - 10:00PM
Sat: CLOSED (until after Labor Day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Russo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lugo Caffé caters functions for large groups or intimate gatherings. Our chefs have created an exclusive menu of Italian cuisine to meet your tastes. Our Events Coordinators will happily work with you to make your event lively and special.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that seats 35, 2 outside patios that seat 48 each, a 50-foot bar and our main dining room can be used for buy out parties. Our whole restaurant accommodates groups of up to 150 for sit-down meals and approximately 300 for a full buy-out with cocktails and hors d' oeuvres.
- Private Party Contact: Natalie Tucci 2127602700x
- Entertainment: Located in the sports and cultural hub of NYC - next to Madison Square Garden and Penn Station - Lugo Caffe is the perfect place to catch a game after work. Enjoy all of your favorite sports on any of 4 large plasma screens.
- Special Events: Lugo Cucina's friendly and professional staff can accommodate any event for any occasion. Contact us or stop by to see our facility. Please visit our website at www.lugocaffe.com to view our menus or email us at email@example.com
- Cross Street: 33rd Street between 7th and 8th Avenues
- Public Transit: Subways: 1,2,3 / A,C,E takes you straight to
34th St. / Penn Station
Subways: Q,R,W,B,D,N,F,V will take you to 34th
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Lugo Caffé is near several garages and open-air parking lots. The most convenient is right inside 1 Penn Plaza, next to Lugo Caffé, with vehicle entrances on both 33rd and 34th Streets.
A word from Lugo Cucina
Lugo Cucina captures the convivial charm of the Italian café culture. Since the 1950’s of Fellini’s Rome, the world over has been captured by the dream of ‘la dolce vita’. As the cornerstone of Lugo Tailored Lifestyle, Lugo Cucina brings that very dream to life. Lugo Cucina is the perfect place for socializing and sharing authentic Italian food and drink. Such specialties as homemade pastas, grilled pizzas, salumi & formaggi with an extensive wine list will make us your choice for dining in Midtown West.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lugo Cucina reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (56)great for lunch (56)neighborhood gem (50)vibrant bar scene (48)hot spot (32)fit for foodies (30)great for outdoor dining (25)special occasion (17)notable wine list (17)late-night find (13)great for brunch (10)romantic (8)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great pre MSG stopFoodieVIPDined on 11/25/2014Glad to find a good restaurant near the Garden. Meatball appetizer cannot be missed! Big, yummy, juicy meatballs. Very tasty arugula salad with gorgonzola, apples and cranberries. Delicious pasta with sausage and broccoli rabe. Their bread is to die for! Ate way too much but it was great! Server was just ok; think she had too many tables. The place was packed. When we asked about changing our reservation time, the guy at the front was very unfriendly and bordered on being rude when he barked at us that he could not do it. Jeez - just asking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CantinoriVIPDined on 11/22/2014Excellent place before a Knicks or Rangers game. Fast service and lots of good selections.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchChrisLDined on 11/11/2014Took 2 customers to lunch...and both loved it. Outstanding food....great location near Penn StationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/11/2014This restaurant is too loud at lunchtime and tables are extremely close.
- This was a fun findDSCZVIPDined on 11/6/2014The staff were really nice Their signature martini was delicious as well as their appetizer meatballsSpecial Features:
- close to gardenMontyDined on 11/6/2014Soo. Noisy put cotton in ears service was bad. Had to find waitress food average. Expensive Quantity of food littleSpecial Features:
- Lovely for breakfastEVFoodieVIPDined on 11/6/2014The food here is consistently good - try the frittata and the yogurt parfait. Service is friendly, and you can sit for a long time without having any sense of being rushed. Perfect if you're meeting someone coming into Penn Station.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CONVENIENT TO PENN STATIONTwiggyVIPDined on 11/5/2014Lugo's location, around the corner from Penn Station, makes it ideal if you are meeting someone who has arrived on Amtrak and has luggage. It seems to be well known, probably by people who work in the Penn Plaza vicinity. The menu is fine and varied, and I enjoyed my orichiette with broccoli rabe and sausage. My lunch date ate every bite of her spinach ravioli, and devoured most of her apple crostata for dessert. Lugo provides a pitcher of ice water on the table, a nice touch for those who like to keep hydrated. We never had to look for the waiter; he always appeared when needed. What isn't so great is the noise level. We shouted at each other for most of the meal.
- Great food!lsteidzDined on 10/29/2014The food here was excellent and the portions were the perfect size. The noise level was a little high, but it was right before a Knicks game so that was to be expected. Definitely would go back here again!Special Features:
- Perfect for pre-MSG eventSchwaneDined on 10/28/2014Directly across from the Garden you can either get a table or eat at the stand up tables. We were lucky to get an outdoor table which is much less noisy than inside. The bar is great. Carrie the bartender rocked and bought us shots before the Motley Crue show!!! Food was very good….got pizzas and meatballs and calamari.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient locationSinkaputDined on 10/27/2014Very good Pasta and Pizza, accross from MSG I go often. I unfortunately order pan seared red snapper last time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice spotMfelicianoDined on 10/24/2014Lugo Cucina has always great service, food, wine selection. Would recommend the restaurant all the time. Kudos to all that work there.Special Features:
- Lamb shank - WOW!2brothersfromChicagoVIPDined on 10/23/2014The lamb shank special was incredible. Served on a cutting board. It's huge with a nice level of heat.
- Never Going backHarryHoudiniVIPDined on 10/23/2014Everytime I go to Lugo I complain about the noise. After this past time where it was nearly impossible to converse without shouting I will never go back. Especially after I ordered off the Gluten Free menu and realized that they charge more off the GF menu. I've never seen that before. Obviously they are busy but there are better choices around them.
- Great as alwaysGeomanVIPDined on 10/19/2014Great food , convenient, good value , always reliable .Special Features:
- Lugo Was GreatAngieEDined on 10/15/2014We totally enjoyed our food. Everything was delicious. Everyone was friendly, from the girls who greeted you at the door to the bartender and waiters. The manager Tony, was very professional and made you feel welcome. We will be going back and have been telling our friends about Lugo as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but noisy!fanoflautDined on 10/13/2014My fellow guests and I found ourselves shouting over the music and the bar scene, but the food was excellent and delicious.Special Features:
- JTNJVIPDined on 10/12/2014I have been here about five or ten times. Every time previously, the food was ok, but service was always poor. This time the food, service, everything was horrible. I often chose Lugo pre-MSG, and now I won't be going back.
- Great find in the west 30's!!PollyDined on 10/10/2014Tucked behind his and her's Vespas in front is this wonderful Italian restaurant in a not so famous for foodies neighborhood! Felt like we were in Italy somewhere fancy! You would never know that Madison Square Garden is directly accross the street!!! We will defenately go back there again!! Particularly before an event nearby at the Jacob Javitz Center or the Garden!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jderwin26VIPDined on 10/9/2014Lugo was excellent!! We went on a Thursday night and the bar was packed when we arrived. It seems like a popular place for happy hour and appetizers, though we were there for dinner. My dad and I split a charcuterie board, which was huge and absolutely delicious. The fresh baked focaccia was amazing as well. We both ordered the bolognese for our entrees and it was incredible. I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AC52Dined on 10/6/2014Great spot if attending a MSG event. Food is good (meatballs are great!) and quick, friendly and helpful service.Special Features:
- zumbaloveVIPDined on 10/6/2014The food was great. However, we had a 7:00 reservation and arrived at five min. to 7. We were not seated until 7:20 and were told that it would be a 5 min. wait. It turned out ok, but we did rush thru the meal.Special Features:
- Good food...very noisyALLANVIPDined on 10/6/2014To say the place has "energy," is an understatement. It's very loud. If you want great food and attentive service, this is it..if you have business to do or want to hear the person across the table, not your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for breakfastEVFoodieVIPDined on 10/3/2014No one seems to have discovered this place yet. But the food is delicious, reasonably priced, and the servers are friendly and professional. Try the frittata, with a choice of three ingredients. Filling and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/2/2014Food and location are the main draw, but the wait staff needs more enthusiasm and attentiveness.Special Features:
- perfect for lunch - close to Penn SAnnieDVIPDined on 9/29/2014perfect for lunch or snacks when you have to catch a train. good food and friendly staff.Special Features:
- Across from MSGCropover90Dined on 9/25/2014Perfect place to go before an msg event. Good service and pricing. A bit noisy but nothing one shouldn't expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staple RestaurantMattVIPDined on 9/25/2014I take staff members, clients, or vendors to Lugo at least a few times a month. The restaurant has one thing going for it that it can't beat: Location. Being in One Penn Plaza puts it under 50 floors of office space and over Penn Station. Lunch and evening times are always really busy. This results in somewhat perfunctory and rushed service, and a bit of an elbow-room issue. The noise level is at the top end of "acceptable for conversation" but that's mitigated by both its convenience and the quality of food. Recent changes to the menu only increased my opinion of the staff. The gnocchi, chicken marsala, and pizza are all quite tasty and well-known. Well over half of the guests share a meatball appetizer.Special Features:
- AnitaVIPDined on 9/23/2014Good choice for the neighborhood. Friendly staff, but it can get noisy inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexVIPDined on 9/23/2014The food was very overpriced and not that good. The service was friendly and pleasant. The bar was very nice. I'd go back for a drink but not to eat.
- Lainie321Dined on 9/18/2014Love the place however acoustics are tough for a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great location for MSG, but very noisy. Food was good, but we both found our dishes too salty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014Always great service and amazing food. Love the meatballs. This is our go-to place for our corporate lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014A perfect place to go before a concert at MSG - food is great and so convenient.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Perfect for those who work in the area or are msg bound!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Before Madison Square GardenJohnGDined on 9/12/2014Great stop for awesome food before heading to a Madison Square Garden Event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect MSG Dining!TLM7VIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our third visit to Lugo Caffe, and every time has been a charm! I would recommend this restaurant for people who want a great meal, great atmosphere, great price all before a show at MSG. I have eaten on the Italian riviera and Lugo Caffe brings me back every time! The Italian specialties are on the mark, especially the grilled calamari over a white bean salad and the shrimps and scallops a la plancha style. The pizzas are perfect for starters, the pastas are all winners, especially the Bolognese. I love a Salumi platter and Lugo Caffe's was a crowd pleaser. The 8oz. Beef with the crispy polenta was divine! Another perfect meal at Lugo Caffe! Thank you to Lauren and her team for our wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reichersVIPDined on 9/10/2014very buzzy but so loud it was hard to have a conversation. staff nice. food was fine but nothing exceptional.Special Features:
- Perfect pre MSG event spotGactDined on 9/10/2014Bustling (not quiet) spot with solid food and good service (quick if you ask them to be).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food located accross from MSGJSevenDined on 9/10/2014The food was good. The drinks are a bit pricy. Noise level was up there. Overall good experience and so close to MSG when you have an event at MSG