1 Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lugocaffe.com/
- Phone: 2127602700x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri: Breakfast; 8:00AM-11:30am AM
Lunch\Dinner 11:30AM - 10:00PM
Sat: CLOSED (until after Labor Day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Russo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lugo Caffé caters functions for large groups or intimate gatherings. Our chefs have created an exclusive menu of Italian cuisine to meet your tastes. Our Events Coordinators will happily work with you to make your event lively and special.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that seats 35, 2 outside patios that seat 48 each, a 50-foot bar and our main dining room can be used for buy out parties. Our whole restaurant accommodates groups of up to 150 for sit-down meals and approximately 300 for a full buy-out with cocktails and hors d' oeuvres.
- Private Party Contact: Natalie Tucci 2127602700x
- Entertainment: Located in the sports and cultural hub of NYC - next to Madison Square Garden and Penn Station - Lugo Caffe is the perfect place to catch a game after work. Enjoy all of your favorite sports on any of 4 large plasma screens.
- Special Events: Lugo Cucina's friendly and professional staff can accommodate any event for any occasion. Contact us or stop by to see our facility. Please visit our website at www.lugocaffe.com to view our menus or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: 33rd Street between 7th and 8th Avenues
- Public Transit: Subways: 1,2,3 / A,C,E takes you straight to
34th St. / Penn Station
Subways: Q,R,W,B,D,N,F,V will take you to 34th
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Lugo Caffé is near several garages and open-air parking lots. The most convenient is right inside 1 Penn Plaza, next to Lugo Caffé, with vehicle entrances on both 33rd and 34th Streets.
A word from Lugo Cucina
Lugo Cucina captures the convivial charm of the Italian café culture. Since the 1950’s of Fellini’s Rome, the world over has been captured by the dream of ‘la dolce vita’. As the cornerstone of Lugo Tailored Lifestyle, Lugo Cucina brings that very dream to life. Lugo Cucina is the perfect place for socializing and sharing authentic Italian food and drink. Such specialties as homemade pastas, grilled pizzas, salumi & formaggi with an extensive wine list will make us your choice for dining in Midtown West.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lugo Cucina reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (56)great for lunch (55)vibrant bar scene (52)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (34)great for outdoor dining (30)hot spot (28)notable wine list (21)special occasion (19)great for brunch (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)romantic (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Convenient locationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2014Very good Pasta and Pizza, accross from MSG I go often. I unfortunately order pan seared red snapper last time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice spotMfelicianoDined on 10/24/2014Lugo Cucina has always great service, food, wine selection. Would recommend the restaurant all the time. Kudos to all that work there.Special Features:
- Lamb shank - WOW!2brothersfromChicagoVIPDined on 10/23/2014The lamb shank special was incredible. Served on a cutting board. It's huge with a nice level of heat.
- Never Going backHarryHoudiniVIPDined on 10/23/2014Everytime I go to Lugo I complain about the noise. After this past time where it was nearly impossible to converse without shouting I will never go back. Especially after I ordered off the Gluten Free menu and realized that they charge more off the GF menu. I've never seen that before. Obviously they are busy but there are better choices around them.
- Great as alwaysGeomanVIPDined on 10/19/2014Great food , convenient, good value , always reliable .Special Features:
- Lugo Was GreatAngieEDined on 10/15/2014We totally enjoyed our food. Everything was delicious. Everyone was friendly, from the girls who greeted you at the door to the bartender and waiters. The manager Tony, was very professional and made you feel welcome. We will be going back and have been telling our friends about Lugo as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but noisy!fanoflautDined on 10/13/2014My fellow guests and I found ourselves shouting over the music and the bar scene, but the food was excellent and delicious.Special Features:
- JTNJDined on 10/12/2014I have been here about five or ten times. Every time previously, the food was ok, but service was always poor. This time the food, service, everything was horrible. I often chose Lugo pre-MSG, and now I won't be going back.
- Great find in the west 30's!!PollyDined on 10/10/2014Tucked behind his and her's Vespas in front is this wonderful Italian restaurant in a not so famous for foodies neighborhood! Felt like we were in Italy somewhere fancy! You would never know that Madison Square Garden is directly accross the street!!! We will defenately go back there again!! Particularly before an event nearby at the Jacob Javitz Center or the Garden!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jderwin26VIPDined on 10/9/2014Lugo was excellent!! We went on a Thursday night and the bar was packed when we arrived. It seems like a popular place for happy hour and appetizers, though we were there for dinner. My dad and I split a charcuterie board, which was huge and absolutely delicious. The fresh baked focaccia was amazing as well. We both ordered the bolognese for our entrees and it was incredible. I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Great spot if attending a MSG event. Food is good (meatballs are great!) and quick, friendly and helpful service.Special Features:
- zumbaloveVIPDined on 10/6/2014The food was great. However, we had a 7:00 reservation and arrived at five min. to 7. We were not seated until 7:20 and were told that it would be a 5 min. wait. It turned out ok, but we did rush thru the meal.Special Features:
- Good food...very noisyALLANVIPDined on 10/6/2014To say the place has "energy," is an understatement. It's very loud. If you want great food and attentive service, this is it..if you have business to do or want to hear the person across the table, not your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for breakfastEVFoodieVIPDined on 10/3/2014No one seems to have discovered this place yet. But the food is delicious, reasonably priced, and the servers are friendly and professional. Try the frittata, with a choice of three ingredients. Filling and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/2/2014Food and location are the main draw, but the wait staff needs more enthusiasm and attentiveness.Special Features:
- perfect for lunch - close to Penn SAnnieDVIPDined on 9/29/2014perfect for lunch or snacks when you have to catch a train. good food and friendly staff.Special Features:
- Across from MSGCropover90Dined on 9/25/2014Perfect place to go before an msg event. Good service and pricing. A bit noisy but nothing one shouldn't expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staple RestaurantMattVIPDined on 9/25/2014I take staff members, clients, or vendors to Lugo at least a few times a month. The restaurant has one thing going for it that it can't beat: Location. Being in One Penn Plaza puts it under 50 floors of office space and over Penn Station. Lunch and evening times are always really busy. This results in somewhat perfunctory and rushed service, and a bit of an elbow-room issue. The noise level is at the top end of "acceptable for conversation" but that's mitigated by both its convenience and the quality of food. Recent changes to the menu only increased my opinion of the staff. The gnocchi, chicken marsala, and pizza are all quite tasty and well-known. Well over half of the guests share a meatball appetizer.Special Features:
- AnitaVIPDined on 9/23/2014Good choice for the neighborhood. Friendly staff, but it can get noisy inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexVIPDined on 9/23/2014The food was very overpriced and not that good. The service was friendly and pleasant. The bar was very nice. I'd go back for a drink but not to eat.
- Lainie321Dined on 9/18/2014Love the place however acoustics are tough for a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great location for MSG, but very noisy. Food was good, but we both found our dishes too salty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014Always great service and amazing food. Love the meatballs. This is our go-to place for our corporate lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014A perfect place to go before a concert at MSG - food is great and so convenient.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Perfect for those who work in the area or are msg bound!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Before Madison Square GardenJohnGDined on 9/12/2014Great stop for awesome food before heading to a Madison Square Garden Event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect MSG Dining!TLM7VIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our third visit to Lugo Caffe, and every time has been a charm! I would recommend this restaurant for people who want a great meal, great atmosphere, great price all before a show at MSG. I have eaten on the Italian riviera and Lugo Caffe brings me back every time! The Italian specialties are on the mark, especially the grilled calamari over a white bean salad and the shrimps and scallops a la plancha style. The pizzas are perfect for starters, the pastas are all winners, especially the Bolognese. I love a Salumi platter and Lugo Caffe's was a crowd pleaser. The 8oz. Beef with the crispy polenta was divine! Another perfect meal at Lugo Caffe! Thank you to Lauren and her team for our wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reichersDined on 9/10/2014very buzzy but so loud it was hard to have a conversation. staff nice. food was fine but nothing exceptional.Special Features:
- Perfect pre MSG event spotGactDined on 9/10/2014Bustling (not quiet) spot with solid food and good service (quick if you ask them to be).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food located accross from MSGJSevenDined on 9/10/2014The food was good. The drinks are a bit pricy. Noise level was up there. Overall good experience and so close to MSG when you have an event at MSG
- Really not worth going to.Napa123VIPDined on 9/10/2014The service was terrible and rude. The food was fine but really nothing worth ordering. The meat and cheese platters (a large part of the menu) didn't even come with something to eat the meat and cheese on ie, a cracker or a piece of bread...even the cocktails were terrible.
- Pre Concert DinnerAnnieDined on 9/10/2014We had a wonderful dinner prior to the Petty Concert at MSG on Wednesday evening. The restaurant bar was really hopping as we arrived for our 5:45 reservation. Service was very prompt and pleasant, our server was friendly and helpful. The Lugo Appetizer platter was excellent and very generous, with enough meats, cheeses and veggies to share around the table. We enjoyed delicious martinis, cosmos and wines, which were refreshed quickly. We ordered and enjoyed a variety of pizzas and the spinach ravioli, which were all very tasty, and good sized portions. We will be back again!Special Features:
- wonderfuldindinVIPDined on 9/10/2014It was a great day to sit outside at Lugo Caffé for lunch. 3 of us shared 4 dishes (salad, pizza, meatballs, chicken parm). It was the perfect amount of food. The pizza special was great. The meatballs and chicken parm were good but not as good as I've had here in the past. The service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Go-To SpotMariaVIPDined on 9/9/2014Location and a strong menu including personal pizzas and a good variety of pasta dishes makes this my "meet for lunch" place. Add to it a good wine list and it turns into a good dinner spot. the post-work environment can be very boisterous making it tough for conversation -- so lunch is best if quieter is preferred.Special Features:
- Great all aroundjetblu2001VIPDined on 9/5/2014I was here for the Billy Joel concert I heard about their meatballs so I had to try them. WOW!! love this place I'll be back again soon.Special Features:
- MixedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/3/2014Air conditioning wasn't working. Dampened high quality of food.Special Features:
- Great service and good foodaksounaVIPDined on 9/2/2014As you know, the Penn Station area has a dearth of good restaurants. Caffe Lugo has become my go to place in the neighborhood. Great service-food comes pretty quickly after you order. Terrific salads and appetizers.Special Features:
- Love Lugojetblu2001VIPDined on 8/27/2014This place is fantastic! I was very surprised. Great Job guys! I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!VickiVIPDined on 8/20/2014I don't often have high hope for restaurants near tourist attractions of transporation hubs. They usually are overpriced and lack quality. Lugo Caffe surprised me! The food was delicious! I had scallops and shrimp with a risotto crisp and it was very good. My fellow diner has teh chicken piccatta taht he said we delicious, and it looked nicely prepared, too. Despite its' location, right outside of Penn Station, I thought this was a winner! I will be back!Special Features:
- BloomierVIPDined on 8/19/2014It's right by my office and the service is quick. Tables r too close together and it can be noisy so it's not ideal for a business lunch sometimes. My table of 2was too small for all the dishes- app and pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.