1 Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lugocaffe.com/
- Phone: 2127602700
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri: Breakfast; 8:00AM-11:30am AM
Lunch\Dinner 11:30AM - 10:00PM
Sat: CLOSED (until after Labor Day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Russo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lugo Caffé caters functions for large groups or intimate gatherings. Our chefs have created an exclusive menu of Italian cuisine to meet your tastes. Our Events Coordinators will happily work with you to make your event lively and special.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that seats 35, 2 outside patios that seat 48 each, a 50-foot bar and our main dining room can be used for buy out parties. Our whole restaurant accommodates groups of up to 150 for sit-down meals and approximately 300 for a full buy-out with cocktails and hors d' oeuvres.
- Private Party Contact: Natalie Tucci 2127602700
- Entertainment: Located in the sports and cultural hub of NYC - next to Madison Square Garden and Penn Station - Lugo Caffe is the perfect place to catch a game after work. Enjoy all of your favorite sports on any of 4 large plasma screens.
- Special Events: Lugo Caffé's friendly and professional staff can accommodate any event for any occasion. Contact us or stop by to see our facility. Please visit our website at www.lugocaffe.com to view our menus or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: 33rd Street between 7th and 8th Avenues
- Public Transit: Subways: 1,2,3 / A,C,E takes you straight to
34th St. / Penn Station
Subways: Q,R,W,B,D,N,F,V will take you to 34th
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Lugo Caffé is near several garages and open-air parking lots. The most convenient is right inside 1 Penn Plaza, next to Lugo Caffé, with vehicle entrances on both 33rd and 34th Streets.
A word from Lugo Caffé
Lugo Caffé captures the convivial charm of the Italian café culture. Since the 1950’s of Fellini’s Rome, the world over has been captured by the dream of ‘la dolce vita’. As the cornerstone of Lugo Tailored Lifestyle, Lugo Caffé brings that very dream to life. Lugo Caffé is the perfect place for socializing and sharing authentic Italian food and drink. Such specialties as homemade pastas, grilled pizzas, salumi & formaggi with an extensive wine list will make us your choice for dining in Midtown West.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lugo Caffé reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (49)good for groups (43)neighborhood gem (41)vibrant bar scene (38)great for outdoor dining (30)fit for foodies (26)hot spot (17)special occasion (15)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (10)romantic (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Across from MSGCropover90Dined on 9/25/2014Perfect place to go before an msg event. Good service and pricing. A bit noisy but nothing one shouldn't expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staple RestaurantMattVIPDined on 9/25/2014I take staff members, clients, or vendors to Lugo at least a few times a month. The restaurant has one thing going for it that it can't beat: Location. Being in One Penn Plaza puts it under 50 floors of office space and over Penn Station. Lunch and evening times are always really busy. This results in somewhat perfunctory and rushed service, and a bit of an elbow-room issue. The noise level is at the top end of "acceptable for conversation" but that's mitigated by both its convenience and the quality of food. Recent changes to the menu only increased my opinion of the staff. The gnocchi, chicken marsala, and pizza are all quite tasty and well-known. Well over half of the guests share a meatball appetizer.Special Features:
- AnitaVIPDined on 9/23/2014Good choice for the neighborhood. Friendly staff, but it can get noisy inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexVIPDined on 9/23/2014The food was very overpriced and not that good. The service was friendly and pleasant. The bar was very nice. I'd go back for a drink but not to eat.
- Lainie321Dined on 9/18/2014Love the place however acoustics are tough for a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great location for MSG, but very noisy. Food was good, but we both found our dishes too salty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014Always great service and amazing food. Love the meatballs. This is our go-to place for our corporate lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014A perfect place to go before a concert at MSG - food is great and so convenient.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Perfect for those who work in the area or are msg bound!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Before Madison Square GardenJohnGDined on 9/12/2014Great stop for awesome food before heading to a Madison Square Garden Event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect MSG Dining!TLM7VIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our third visit to Lugo Caffe, and every time has been a charm! I would recommend this restaurant for people who want a great meal, great atmosphere, great price all before a show at MSG. I have eaten on the Italian riviera and Lugo Caffe brings me back every time! The Italian specialties are on the mark, especially the grilled calamari over a white bean salad and the shrimps and scallops a la plancha style. The pizzas are perfect for starters, the pastas are all winners, especially the Bolognese. I love a Salumi platter and Lugo Caffe's was a crowd pleaser. The 8oz. Beef with the crispy polenta was divine! Another perfect meal at Lugo Caffe! Thank you to Lauren and her team for our wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reichersDined on 9/10/2014very buzzy but so loud it was hard to have a conversation. staff nice. food was fine but nothing exceptional.Special Features:
- Perfect pre MSG event spotGactDined on 9/10/2014Bustling (not quiet) spot with solid food and good service (quick if you ask them to be).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food located accross from MSGJSevenDined on 9/10/2014The food was good. The drinks are a bit pricy. Noise level was up there. Overall good experience and so close to MSG when you have an event at MSG
- Really not worth going to.Napa123VIPDined on 9/10/2014The service was terrible and rude. The food was fine but really nothing worth ordering. The meat and cheese platters (a large part of the menu) didn't even come with something to eat the meat and cheese on ie, a cracker or a piece of bread...even the cocktails were terrible.
- Pre Concert DinnerAnnieDined on 9/10/2014We had a wonderful dinner prior to the Petty Concert at MSG on Wednesday evening. The restaurant bar was really hopping as we arrived for our 5:45 reservation. Service was very prompt and pleasant, our server was friendly and helpful. The Lugo Appetizer platter was excellent and very generous, with enough meats, cheeses and veggies to share around the table. We enjoyed delicious martinis, cosmos and wines, which were refreshed quickly. We ordered and enjoyed a variety of pizzas and the spinach ravioli, which were all very tasty, and good sized portions. We will be back again!Special Features:
- wonderfuldindinVIPDined on 9/10/2014It was a great day to sit outside at Lugo Caffé for lunch. 3 of us shared 4 dishes (salad, pizza, meatballs, chicken parm). It was the perfect amount of food. The pizza special was great. The meatballs and chicken parm were good but not as good as I've had here in the past. The service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/3/2014Air conditioning wasn't working. Dampened high quality of food.Special Features:
- Great service and good foodaksounaVIPDined on 9/2/2014As you know, the Penn Station area has a dearth of good restaurants. Caffe Lugo has become my go to place in the neighborhood. Great service-food comes pretty quickly after you order. Terrific salads and appetizers.Special Features:
- Love Lugojetblu2001VIPDined on 8/27/2014This place is fantastic! I was very surprised. Great Job guys! I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!VickiVIPDined on 8/20/2014I don't often have high hope for restaurants near tourist attractions of transporation hubs. They usually are overpriced and lack quality. Lugo Caffe surprised me! The food was delicious! I had scallops and shrimp with a risotto crisp and it was very good. My fellow diner has teh chicken piccatta taht he said we delicious, and it looked nicely prepared, too. Despite its' location, right outside of Penn Station, I thought this was a winner! I will be back!Special Features:
- BloomierVIPDined on 8/19/2014It's right by my office and the service is quick. Tables r too close together and it can be noisy so it's not ideal for a business lunch sometimes. My table of 2was too small for all the dishes- app and pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Hit!jetblu2001VIPDined on 8/15/2014Always a hit here had lunch with a friend. Jessie our service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice Near Penn StationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014Was looking for a place near Penn Station to meet a friend for dinner, and this was perfect. Although the noise level inside was high, it was a good evening to sit outside; nice variety on the menu and food and service were both good. It is right across the street from Penn Station, so it was easy to catch the train. A good choice for the area; definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OhsogoodDined on 8/7/2014Food and service are awesome and right across the street from the Garden.Special Features:
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Very noisy, service good/fast, small portions vs cost, (2) meatballs great but $15, sea bass tasty fishy, scallops/shrimp tasty but very small size....$8 Stella's Drafts... Best thing about it was short distance to MSG...don't think we'd go back...
- poor A/C.. uncomfortable too hot!!!tequilaDined on 8/4/2014Food was very good especially the snapper. Good service. Great lunch pizzaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eateryjustbizDined on 8/4/2014The food was excellent. Meatballs were to die for! Individual pizza were huge and tasty. The two negatives were that the beer which our party was interested in trying was out! Additionally, the air conditioning was poor and made what would have been a great business lunch slightly less enjoyable.Special Features:
- Attending Event at MSGFoodThoughtsDined on 8/1/2014Food is always good but was shocked that they ran out of veal and Pellegrino. Waiter tried hard to make it right and comped most of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visit!RichEDined on 7/30/2014Took my two older children here for dinner. The calamari was delicious. My daughter ordered the tricolore salad because she was avoiding the other salad which was all arugula. Her salad ended up being all arugula anyway! But she actually enjoyed it and said that the dressing kept it from being too bitter. Ate the whole thing. The gnocci was tender and pillowy. The meatballs are enormous and they are without a doubt the best any of us had ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchFoodieDined on 7/30/2014Central location near Penn Station. Great place to meet for lunch. Nice atmosphere, though can get loud inside. Good menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and consistently goodMinimumVIPDined on 7/29/2014As there are few restaurants in the midtown area near Madison Square Garden and Penn Station, this is a welcome find. Consistently good Italian lunch and dinner menus in a nice, albeit energetic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great locationPattikateDined on 7/29/2014Great for quick drink and appetizer and so close to Penn Station! Perfect meeting place for commuters...and it is delicious with great wine list and delicious tidbitsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lugo is my go to!meredithPDined on 7/23/2014I go to Lugo all the time. It has great food and the atmosphere is great for chatting and catching up with friends!Special Features:
- evie1234Dined on 7/23/2014Nice to go somewhere where you know that both the total dining experience is enjoyable and the wait staff and hosts/hostess appear to care about your visit. I love to visit Lugo's whenever I am in the City. And unlike other mid town restaurants, it is affordable.Special Features:
- Great place near Penn StationaksounaVIPDined on 7/18/2014Grabbed a light bite before jumping on the train. Good wine selection-server was very helpful in choosing one. Delicious watermelon salad. Felt the pastas were on the pricier side. If you dine inside, it can get noisy.Special Features:
- Don't forget the meatballs!FoodforthoughtVIPDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I stopped into Lugo Caffe ...our usual go to place before an event at Madison square garden...just across the street the other night. We make it a point to always try something new each time..this time it was the eggplant parmigiana appetizer paired with the must have meatballs! The eggplant rating right up there with the best we ever had! Done to perfection in its own little baking bowl! The filet mignon special and salmon entre..also done to perfection. The dessert...the apple cobbler...also not to be missed! Bravo Lugo Caffe!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced drinks and noisyWontbebackVIPDined on 7/17/2014Having dinner with friends before a show at MSG. We asked if 3 pizzas (which were delicious) would be enough for 4 and were told yes. Actually, it was enough for 6. Wait staff need to properly advise diners when asked about portions, ingredients, etc. Finally, $18 for a Bacardi and coke is ridiculous. The rum was the standard white, not some special aged type. Noise level was so high we were screaming at each other. Will not be back.Special Features:
- DabToscanovaDined on 7/15/2014Service is always good. Great place to meet for business lunches. Food average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/10/2014Very very noisy. Sit in back room so you can hear your dinner guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.