1 Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lugocaffe.com/
- Phone: 2127602700
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri: Breakfast; 8:00AM-11:30am AM
Lunch\Dinner 11:30AM - 10:00PM
Sat: CLOSED (until after Labor Day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Russo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lugo Caffé caters functions for large groups or intimate gatherings. Our chefs have created an exclusive menu of Italian cuisine to meet your tastes. Our Events Coordinators will happily work with you to make your event lively and special.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that seats 35, 2 outside patios that seat 48 each, a 50-foot bar and our main dining room can be used for buy out parties. Our whole restaurant accommodates groups of up to 150 for sit-down meals and approximately 300 for a full buy-out with cocktails and hors d' oeuvres.
- Private Party Contact: Natalie Tucci 2127602700
- Entertainment: Located in the sports and cultural hub of NYC - next to Madison Square Garden and Penn Station - Lugo Caffe is the perfect place to catch a game after work. Enjoy all of your favorite sports on any of 4 large plasma screens.
- Special Events: Lugo Caffé's friendly and professional staff can accommodate any event for any occasion. Contact us or stop by to see our facility. Please visit our website at www.lugocaffe.com to view our menus or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: 33rd Street between 7th and 8th Avenues
- Public Transit: Subways: 1,2,3 / A,C,E takes you straight to
34th St. / Penn Station
Subways: Q,R,W,B,D,N,F,V will take you to 34th
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Lugo Caffé is near several garages and open-air parking lots. The most convenient is right inside 1 Penn Plaza, next to Lugo Caffé, with vehicle entrances on both 33rd and 34th Streets.
A word from Lugo Caffé
Lugo Caffé captures the convivial charm of the Italian café culture. Since the 1950’s of Fellini’s Rome, the world over has been captured by the dream of ‘la dolce vita’. As the cornerstone of Lugo Tailored Lifestyle, Lugo Caffé brings that very dream to life. Lugo Caffé is the perfect place for socializing and sharing authentic Italian food and drink. Such specialties as homemade pastas, grilled pizzas, salumi & formaggi with an extensive wine list will make us your choice for dining in Midtown West.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lugo Caffé reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (46)neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (40)vibrant bar scene (35)great for outdoor dining (26)fit for foodies (23)hot spot (13)special occasion (13)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (7)romantic (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Love Lugojetblu2001VIPDined on 8/27/2014This place is fantastic! I was very surprised. Great Job guys! I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!VickiVIPDined on 8/20/2014I don't often have high hope for restaurants near tourist attractions of transporation hubs. They usually are overpriced and lack quality. Lugo Caffe surprised me! The food was delicious! I had scallops and shrimp with a risotto crisp and it was very good. My fellow diner has teh chicken piccatta taht he said we delicious, and it looked nicely prepared, too. Despite its' location, right outside of Penn Station, I thought this was a winner! I will be back!Special Features:
- BloomierVIPDined on 8/19/2014It's right by my office and the service is quick. Tables r too close together and it can be noisy so it's not ideal for a business lunch sometimes. My table of 2was too small for all the dishes- app and pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Hit!jetblu2001VIPDined on 8/15/2014Always a hit here had lunch with a friend. Jessie our service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice Near Penn StationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014Was looking for a place near Penn Station to meet a friend for dinner, and this was perfect. Although the noise level inside was high, it was a good evening to sit outside; nice variety on the menu and food and service were both good. It is right across the street from Penn Station, so it was easy to catch the train. A good choice for the area; definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OhsogoodDined on 8/7/2014Food and service are awesome and right across the street from the Garden.Special Features:
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Very noisy, service good/fast, small portions vs cost, (2) meatballs great but $15, sea bass tasty fishy, scallops/shrimp tasty but very small size....$8 Stella's Drafts... Best thing about it was short distance to MSG...don't think we'd go back...
- poor A/C.. uncomfortable too hot!!!tequilaDined on 8/4/2014Food was very good especially the snapper. Good service. Great lunch pizzaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eateryjustbizDined on 8/4/2014The food was excellent. Meatballs were to die for! Individual pizza were huge and tasty. The two negatives were that the beer which our party was interested in trying was out! Additionally, the air conditioning was poor and made what would have been a great business lunch slightly less enjoyable.Special Features:
- Attending Event at MSGFoodThoughtsDined on 8/1/2014Food is always good but was shocked that they ran out of veal and Pellegrino. Waiter tried hard to make it right and comped most of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visit!RichEDined on 7/30/2014Took my two older children here for dinner. The calamari was delicious. My daughter ordered the tricolore salad because she was avoiding the other salad which was all arugula. Her salad ended up being all arugula anyway! But she actually enjoyed it and said that the dressing kept it from being too bitter. Ate the whole thing. The gnocci was tender and pillowy. The meatballs are enormous and they are without a doubt the best any of us had ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchFoodieDined on 7/30/2014Central location near Penn Station. Great place to meet for lunch. Nice atmosphere, though can get loud inside. Good menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and consistently goodMinimumVIPDined on 7/29/2014As there are few restaurants in the midtown area near Madison Square Garden and Penn Station, this is a welcome find. Consistently good Italian lunch and dinner menus in a nice, albeit energetic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great locationPattikateDined on 7/29/2014Great for quick drink and appetizer and so close to Penn Station! Perfect meeting place for commuters...and it is delicious with great wine list and delicious tidbitsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lugo is my go to!meredithPDined on 7/23/2014I go to Lugo all the time. It has great food and the atmosphere is great for chatting and catching up with friends!Special Features:
- evie1234Dined on 7/23/2014Nice to go somewhere where you know that both the total dining experience is enjoyable and the wait staff and hosts/hostess appear to care about your visit. I love to visit Lugo's whenever I am in the City. And unlike other mid town restaurants, it is affordable.Special Features:
- Great place near Penn StationaksounaVIPDined on 7/18/2014Grabbed a light bite before jumping on the train. Good wine selection-server was very helpful in choosing one. Delicious watermelon salad. Felt the pastas were on the pricier side. If you dine inside, it can get noisy.Special Features:
- Don't forget the meatballs!FoodforthoughtVIPDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I stopped into Lugo Caffe ...our usual go to place before an event at Madison square garden...just across the street the other night. We make it a point to always try something new each time..this time it was the eggplant parmigiana appetizer paired with the must have meatballs! The eggplant rating right up there with the best we ever had! Done to perfection in its own little baking bowl! The filet mignon special and salmon entre..also done to perfection. The dessert...the apple cobbler...also not to be missed! Bravo Lugo Caffe!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced drinks and noisyWontbebackVIPDined on 7/17/2014Having dinner with friends before a show at MSG. We asked if 3 pizzas (which were delicious) would be enough for 4 and were told yes. Actually, it was enough for 6. Wait staff need to properly advise diners when asked about portions, ingredients, etc. Finally, $18 for a Bacardi and coke is ridiculous. The rum was the standard white, not some special aged type. Noise level was so high we were screaming at each other. Will not be back.Special Features:
- DabToscanovaDined on 7/15/2014Service is always good. Great place to meet for business lunches. Food average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/10/2014Very very noisy. Sit in back room so you can hear your dinner guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- location goodrcinnycVIPDined on 7/9/2014recommended if you need to have a meal near MSG or Penn Station.Special Features:
- Lovely lugoSportsandfoodnutDined on 7/8/2014Had reservation for 6 30 but didn't get sat until 6 45. It was very got but when we sat down in the dining area it was better. Food was good and for sitting us late and it was my girlfriend's birthday we received an appetizer and glass of champagne for free. Very nice touch and that made the overall experience go from good to great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD - LOUDCherylDined on 7/8/2014The restaurant is very convenient to MSQ and the food is great. The only problem is that it is very loud and hard to have a conversation.
- Good but overpricedNickDined on 7/7/2014The waiter pushed me to order a side of meatballs for my entre and the side cost as much as the main dish which doubled my costSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprisingly good!JC4EverDined on 7/7/2014We were a little hesitant with this restaurant, being so close to MSG, that it might be a tourist trap. Well, we were pleasantly suprised!!! The place was crowded before a MSG show, and it is a loud place, but the good food prevailed. Starting with a nice antipasto for two, then a tomato/watermelon salad...all was fresh and apporpriately sized. We then tried two pastas, rigatoni bolognese that was tasty, served with mini rigatoni, and orrichetti broccoli rabe and sausage. Both portions were not too small and not too big, pasta was aldente and the flavors were good. Overall, we would go back to this suprisingly good italian cafe.
- NoisyredwriterDined on 7/2/2014Chose this restaurant because of it's proximity to Madison Square Garden, for that, it doesn't get any better. The food and service were good, however, like in most NYC restaurants, the noise level was annoying and made conversation very hard. Was happy to be done and get on with the evening.Special Features:
- Great location, mediocre foodKirklandCoupleVIPDined on 7/2/2014Chose the venue because of the proximity to Madison Square Garden and that was perfect. The service was very good and the staff were very courteous and outgoing. However - the food was disappointing. Our waiter suggested the chicken parm as the best dish to order. It was dry and clearly overcooked, the sauce was flavorless as was the cheese. Fortunately the waiter also suggested ordering pasta to go with it (it comes as just the chicken and nothing else with it) and the spaghetti was OK, not great, but better than the chicken parm. We will choose another venue should we return to an event at MSG.
- Music is way too loudDDLNVIPDined on 7/1/2014Went this week for a business lunch at 11:45. For the first 15 minutes it was fine, but then they turned up the music like we were in a club and it became almost unbearable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just good. Which is great.FoodieDined on 6/30/2014Everything about Lugo Caffe is good. Good food, good service, good atmosphere, pleasant hosts, attentive manager/owner... It's just all good. JSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lunch/Dinner with my WifeDataGuyDined on 6/27/2014We must have missed the crowd because the place was nearly empty at 3pm. We were given our pick of outdoor tables. While it was a bit noisy given the street traffic it was good people watching and we could still talk to each other while dining. The cheese and meatballs were great. At times the waiter was a bit too attentive with filling my water glass. It was overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacebeachloverDined on 6/25/2014The food is very good, the service is great, the location is excellent, but the noise level is way too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but Loud and HotNYFoodieDined on 6/18/2014Really enjoyed the food. I had the Four Cheese Pizza and my date had the Seafood Pasta. Wines were great, too. It was very loud though, and could barely talk to my date. The AC was broken and it was unbearably hot, so this really put a damper on my evening.
- Great food for lunchFjoefDined on 6/17/2014I had the meatballs for appetizer and they were amazing. Melted in you mouth. Then had the pizza marguerite and arugula salad both fresh and delicious. If you want to talk it is loud. Find a different table as I requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jb10quailDined on 5/28/2014Very good food. So noisy you cannot converse with dinner companions!Special Features:
- A nice italian resto front of MSGOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014Coming from Montreal for the Canadians-Rangers sunday game, I really appreciate that they open the restaurant a sunday. Nice place, nice food, nice service = 5*. A long list of wine glass and bottles. Very good Fettucine Vongole and a perfect cheese plate to finish the wine before the game. We lost but it was also a very nice game, 3-2 in Overtime. I love NY and I put Lugo Caffé in my pref list for the next stay. See you soon.Special Features:
- Great MSG area hotspotLynnVIPDined on 5/15/2014Needed a lunch spot for a work meeting - picked this place- the atmosphere was great. Huge place, lovely decor- great menu. Get the mozerella sampler- WOW. The pizzas are soo good and perfect size. The pasta were unique, tasty, and great portions. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Business lunch - near MSGCloudDinerDined on 5/15/2014Bright and airy Lugo Caffe is a remarkably vibrant place to grab great lunch!! Whether it is a business lunch or meeting a friend Lugo is an excellent ambience, with glasses clinking, people deep in their conversations, sounds of a busy but efficient restaurant. The host, and waiting staff are friendly and very efficient. If you have an hour for lunch this place can definitely be in your restaurant bookmark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- table4twoDined on 5/9/2014We only ate there because it was directly across the street from MSG, but we would never go there again. However, if you like dining in a loud, over-crowded, cafeteria style restaurant then you'll love this place!!!Special Features:
- Great place near the GardenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2014We went to Lugo Caffe before a concert at the Garden. Everything was great. Special note for the outstanding service. The manager walks the floor non- stop and is on top of everything. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.