1945 Deer Park Ave.
Deer Park, NY 11729Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ludlowbistro.com/
- Phone: 6316679595
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Canavan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Ludlow Bistro
Trendy yet casual setting with innovative cuisine and a meticulous service team, Brian and his dedicated staff are committed to exceeding guests' expectations and it shows. Diverse and approach-able cuisine is the perfect balance of sophistication and simplicity with an artistically creative flair is sure to impress.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Ludlow Bistro - Best Restaurants in Deer Park ›
Ludlow Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)romantic (5)good for groups (4)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent Experience Again!ScottDined on 8/16/2014Another terrific experience, with excellent food and service. We so look forward to going to Ludlow Bistro. The dishes are eclectic and scrumptious!Special Features:
- Best local food and low key diningMikeDined on 8/3/2014This place is one of our favorites. We spend every meal here talking about how good the food we are eating is. I recently took my parents here for my moms birthday and they were shocked how good it was. Very fair pricing, delicious food you would find in a much higher priced place in the city and there is never a crowd at all. In fact, it's usually empty and that is mysterious to me, but that makes it the perfect date spot. Definitely try this place, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ludlow'sFinnDined on 7/3/2014Love this place. The staff is great, the food was wonderful and we always enjoy eating here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/3/2014The sauces on the all the pasta dishes ordered, were outrageous.... I tasted everyone else's plates and they tasted what I had. We were ALL very happy with the dishes.
- OutstandingRickandCatDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I have to say that we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner each time we have gone to Ludlow Bistro. It is a welcome spot for us right in our neighborhood. The owner, Brian, is always there visiting the tables and chit chatting with the patrons. Drinks at the bar is our favorite beginning to each evening! Maddy is terrific! Ahhh, but dessert is the perfect ending! We are looking forward to our next visit to try another great meal!!!!Special Features:
- 3rd Times a CharmExcellentVIPDined on 5/10/2014Loved it - went for a pre-Mother's Day dinner with Family and everything was delicious. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- The following 187 reviews are from the Ludlow Bistro reviews archive.
- great little restaurantscarosoneDined on 4/30/2014We found this place driving by and glad we did. The food was great, the music was nice but different and wasn't too busy (Wednesday night). The waiter was friendly and the food was prepared beautifully on the plate and was very good. I ordered the skirt steak and was marinate. The atmosphere was low lighting and music was moody. It has little bar in the front. Overall great little restaurant that was clean and food and atmosphere was nice. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We all had a wonderful time, interesting music selection, friendly atmosphere, good service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the food.LexieDined on 4/26/2014Food here excellent. While we had to wait for our reservation, it was only about 15 minutes. Noise level was a bit much, but I think that was due mostly to one extra loud group seated right behind us. Service was very good. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my LI Favoritesspriritt11VIPDined on 4/26/2014Have been going to Ludlow for a number of years. One of my favorite restaurants on LI. Have been there over 50 times and have never had a bad meal. Great varied menu, always good specials, nice atmosphere and excellent service. Try it - you will like it!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014Ludlow is amazing! From the food, staff and ambience! This has been our favorite for years and will for more years to come!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2014The food is always fantastic and unique. The last time we were there the music was really weird and very loud.... but generally the ambience is always nice and romanticSpecial Features:
- Bistro dining at its best.WARRENVIPDined on 4/13/2014Bistro dining at its best. Great menu to choose from. Service consistently excellent. The food is outstanding and never fails to exceed expectations. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodFeedMeDined on 4/5/2014I am lucky enough to live local to Ludlow but would drive 1/2 hour like we do to other favorite spots. Food is always good and so is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. iFranDined on 4/5/2014The food was delicious. i just felt maybe you could have given a little more for the price. IE: I had the salmon that was so good except no potatoes or rice were given with it. Not even a salad was included. But other than that it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant!! ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2014I love this restaurant!! Excellent Food--Excellent Service--Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved my gumbo risotto! TheFabflavorDined on 3/29/2014Loved my gumbo risotto! The background music was a bit odd and the wine list was hit or miss. The food was really very good. Our friends had the snapper special And devoured it. The pizza special (app) was great!Special Features:
- ReunitingSleep32Dined on 3/21/2014The atmosphere at Ludlow was perfect for our evening. I wanted a nice quiet, romantic like atmosphere so we would be able to hear each other and Ludlow was right on point!!! Our experience started as soon as we walked through the door. The host, Bartender and waiter greeted us with a warm welcome as if we were VIP and this was our first time there. We both had the Filet mignon and it was FANTASTIC! We thought that the Waitress visited our table way too much and interfered with our conversation but hey, that's not a bad thing to complain about! Overall, our experience was a GRAND SLAM! I would recommend Ludlow to everyone! We will definitely be back to try some other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - As AlwaysScottDined on 3/21/2014Ludlow Bistro has become our favorite dining destination! Everything we have tried on the menu has been a home-run! Food is thoughtful, eclectic and most important - delicious. Waitstaff is excellently attentive and James is our favorite. Our son has a severe peanut allergy and the staff all go to great lengths to make us comfortable and to keep him safe! Many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond our Expectations!DandySandyDined on 3/20/2014Our first time--the food was really, really good! I had the lamb puff for an app--to DIE for! Friends had the goat cheese salad; husband had to eggroll. For main course: Mediterranean Salmon, 2 orders of the Gumbo Risotto and a veal parm. All described as excellent. Our waiter was very attentive. Wine-by-the-glass was quite good. As for those with "concerns" about the interior color scheme, I thought it was quite cosmopolitan and well accented with art. Plenty of parking alternatives beside their lot. Don't be put off--GO! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ludlow Bistro is a favoriteLIfoodieVIPDined on 3/16/2014Ludlow Bistro is a favorite of ours. The menu has something for everyone and the food is always delicious. They offer many off-menu choices for children and the waitstaff works hard to make sure that everyone is happy.Special Features:
- Very niceSandiDined on 3/14/2014First time visiting Ludlow Bistro and quite surprised~ lovely atmosphere and the food was excellent.....we will be back!Special Features:
- ThrilledFirstdateDined on 3/9/2014I was looking for a place to eat for a first date. I went solely on the reviews and boy am I glad I did. Everything was amazing. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignore the AppearanceNicoleVIPDined on 3/8/2014First time dining at Ludlow and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Upon pulling up to the restaurant, I thought the OpenTable reviews had fooled me. The location is alittle unusual and parking in a secondary lot behind Indian restaurants seems alittle shady. Upon walking into the restaurant, we were struck by the Orange walls and Christmas Story lamp, odd decor I must admit. I ordered a friend goat cheese salad and husband ordered baked clams. My husbands clams were good. For dinner, we ordered a Filet and pear cheese packets. Both were seasoned very well and had a great taste & portion size. For dessert we ordered the warm chocolate brownie which was perfect to close the evening. This restaurant is surprising but I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, warm and invitingScottDined on 3/8/2014This must have been our 10th + visit to Ludlow Bistro. The menu is full of wonderful options and each dish is prepared with the care and attention to detail you see at the absolute best restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING RESTAURANT!!!BrittanyDined on 2/18/2014Ludlow Bistro was absolutly the best restaurant I have ever been to (and I go out to eat ALL the time). My boyfriend and I went for our one year anniversary, the mood of the restaurant was very romantic. Its a fancy place but its not obnoxious fancy. The food was amazing, from the sweedish meatballs to the entree's and dessert, everything was literally THE BEST I have ever had. Our server was absolutly wonderul refilling our drinks and was on top of everything. When we got dessert she was so sweet and put candel's in both of them so we could make a wish on them for our anniversary and wished us well, what a lovely person. To conclude, I already told my family and friends about this place. It is fantastic! I reccomend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, againScottDined on 2/15/2014Lately, Ludlow Bistro has become our go-to spot. Small-ish, but vibrant scene, it's a joy to go... This night we were placed kind of by the kitchen, point-of-sale area, and even with waitstaff milling about, it was not distracting or made the experience any less enjoyable. (We do prefer the last table on the right as you head down towards the restrooms (a-hem, in case anyone is reading this <g>)... Food is great as usual, and eclectic mix of rich flavors and thoughtful presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Pleasant Dining ExperienceDeeBoDined on 2/15/2014This definitely makes the go to list. I seen it listed on "Open Table", and it was in the neighborhood and it was another snowy evening in Suffolk, so I booked a reservation. A truly delicious evening, great staff, ambiance and a great meal. We can't wait to return with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choicePA28161WarriorDined on 2/14/2014Was my second time going to ludlow with my fiancé. Food is always great, comes out hot, fresh and delicious. The buffalo chicken gnocchi is a great way to start your meal. The desert special was a white chocolate creme brûlée and it was a perfect ending to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okayCandJDined on 2/8/2014Heard a few reviews from friends and saw the tad over 4 stars so I booked. Tried the Swedish Meatballs... sauce was tasty, but meatballs were bland. The French Onion Soup wasn't that great either. Tasted a little watered down and not such great flavor for me wanting to order again. Filet Mignon was tasty and demi glace was very good. Skirt Steak was decent, but I've had much better and usually more "quantity" in the meat part. Our waiter was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful, but seemed to get a little slow when it was busy. I wouldn't mind going back with friends for another try, but on our own, we'll try other places. All in all 3 stars.Special Features:
- I Love Ludlow Bistro!LacraziaDined on 2/5/2014I cannot say enough about this restaurant and how it is truly a gem on Deer Park Avenue! This was my second time there and also it was my birthday celebration and I chose Ludlow because of the food, service, and inviting atmosphere. All my guest were impressed with the food and service and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Our server Jackie was great and could not do enough for us! I most certainly be back again and again! Oh I forgot to mention the drinks which were outstanding! I had the French martini which is to die for!Special Features:
- Never a let downG27foodDined on 2/1/2014This was our third time at the restaurant. It is such a relaxing atmosphere compared to its busy location. We love it here. On the night we came in , the staff was extremely apologetic because they were really busy and we got seated ten minutes later then our reservation. Lol who cares! Although the staff was running around like crazy , we still felt fully attended to and never ignored. That was highly due to our great servers Karen and James. The bread is to die for. I wish they would offer that as a side dish on the menu. We were in and out in about an hour and a half . Great little find. Just be careful about parking there! There lot is tiny. Plenty of parking down the blockSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service. Good food.FoodfunlaughDined on 1/31/2014Party of four. Wait 20 min for first drink order. When we ask if the drinks are coming , we are told they are short of martini glasses. Maybe the other drinks should have been served and an alternative offered? Rather than everyone waiting? Slow to take meal order, no offer of pepper for soups, did not bring requested grated cheese for two Italian entrees. Coffee was brought cold. When we asked for hot we were told there was a problem with burners. There would be a wait. We were treating business clients, will not be doing that again.Special Features:
- Restaurant's food is betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2014Restaurant's food is better than the décor. The lighting is too bright and the walls are blood orange. The tables are too close to one another. The portions were small but the prices were reasonable. The coffee was terrible but the desserts were great. I think if you want to just go eat and enjoy the food and ignore everything else it is a good moderate option.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!RickandCatDined on 1/11/2014We have been to Ludlows 3 times, and 3 time we were greatly impressed by the staff, the food and overall ambiance! We think that Brian should look into expanding, but please stay close!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a surprising and pleasant surprisediningsharkDined on 1/10/2014I've passed this place countless times and wondered what its about. My wife surprisingly picked the spot for our family to celebrate her birthday. We were definitely not disappointed. Great.ambience, delicious food in a lively setting. We hope to see you again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the chicken buffalo gnocchiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2014the chicken buffalo gnocchi is a must try! always great food, service, and atmosphere. never a mistep! always consistent. neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience, Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014Ludlow Bistro is consistent with great food, service and atmosphere. Owner Brian cannot do enough for his guests, include bus tables when needed!! We always have a great experience when we come and will be back soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star on Long IslandLynnieDined on 12/31/2013This was our first time dining at Ludlow Bistro on New Year's Eve. We had an early dinner. The food was beyond excellent, the staff was attentive and most friendly, and the atmosphere reminded me of a fine NYC restaurant. We loved it more than I can say. We will definitely eat there again and recommend it to all of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time @ LudlowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2013Very pleasant experience. Great service overall. Outstanding food from presentation, preparation time , and most importantly taste. Will definitely recommend to friends and go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.