Lucy's - University of Alaska Anchorage
3211 Providence Drive
Anchorage, AK 99508Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lucy's - University of Alaska Anchorage
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/ctcnew/programs/culinary/lucy-cuddy-dining.cfm
- Phone: 907-786-1122
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm (last seating at 12:30pm)
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Lucy's - University of Alaska Anchorage
The meals here are produced and served by the students of the Culinary Arts and Hospitality program at the University of Alaska Anchorage. The bakery, kitchen and dining room are instructional laboratories. Our curriculum and facilities blend to support students in achieving our goal excellence in fine dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lucy's - University of Alaska Anchorage reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance2Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Farewell lunch at Lucy'salaskafileDined on 4/24/2014It had been more than 10 years since my last visit to Lucy's and I was pleasantly surprised that it had managed to maintain the same high standard. There were 4 of us at the table. 2 were delighted at their selection of main course (swordfish); 1 wished she had selected the swordfish as her menu item was only ok (rather messy and too much rice); and 1 was unable to eat hers but that may have had nothing to do with the quality of the food. The dessert table, as always, was magnificent. Overall, a most pleasant experience, and I shall be back. If only Lucy's were open for longer than just the spring semester. It is one of the best-kept secrets in the U-Med District. A speedier service would be helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew?UAAStudentDined on 4/23/2014In the middle of UAA campus is a little known dining experience. The culinary arts students work to improve their skills while providing a great meal. I recommend enjoy take the opportunity to try Lucy's at least once a semester and the menu changes, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Lucy's- great for visitingPixieDined on 4/22/2014I always enjoy Lucy's because it is relaxed, great food, and not noisy. I often go with friends, neighbors or people I want to catch up with. People who haven't been there before are always pleasantly surprised at the food variety, quality, and prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Respite from workchezzDined on 4/10/2014Dining at Lucy's was a delightful experience. Our party of four looked forward to it after reviewing the menu. Our gluten free and mushroom and shell fish sensitive parties appreciated the extra effort made by our server (Chase) in finding out the ingredients in the dishes and helping them select an appropriate entre. Everyone enjoyed their choice. The Tomato Leek soup had a delightful spicy surprise. The flavors of the dishes were subtle but distinct. The quiet atmosphere was a great respite from work and the usual hubbub of lunch hour dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucy's - Anchorage's GemmommazommaDined on 4/10/2014I have had the pleasure of dining at Lucy's on two occasions. Both times the food was inventive and interesting, well-presented, and the service was exemplary. The ambience at Lucy's is low-key but friendly. The tables are always beautifully set with clean linens, shining table and glassware and fresh flowers. All in all, Lucy's is a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another successful culinary year!foodieDined on 4/9/2014Once again I had several memorable meals this year at Lucy's. Food was imaginative, beautifully presented and oh-so-tasty.The dinner rolls are in the same "boat" even though I think we tend to underappreciate them. Looking forward to next fall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What!?! You've never been to Cuddy?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014I've been to the Cuddy on many occasions, mostly when I want to celebrate a personal event. The experience is always one of high quality...like the finest restaurants in town, only more affordable. When I found out that a co-worker had never been to the Cuddy for lunch, I immediately made a reservation for us. We bumped into another co-worker there and proceeded to have the most delightful meal, and felt as though we were the most important people in the room. The food was top notch, service was exquisitely attentive and our waiter was both delightful and informational. (I asked many questions about the culinary program) :-) My co-worker was impressed that we had such a high quality restaurant on campus. We decided to "do this more often".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the variety and uniqueevenDined on 2/27/2014I love the variety and unique dishes at Lucy's. Their food will tantalize your palate, all the way from the tasty appetizer to the decadent dessert. Do yourself a favor and visit them for a fabulous lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Get AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014Eating at Lucy's is like being on a cruise ship without leaving town. The dishes are innovative as well as delicious. The desserts are extraordinary and are priced affordably. I have another reservation booked for April!Special Features:
- Nice campus lunch spotUAAProfDined on 2/26/2014Lucy's is run by the culinary students at UAA - they cook and do the service. It's a great restaurant for a fantastic price. I had a thai soft shell crab salad and a berry torte for dessert. It was fantastic! It's also a good place to give students feedback on their cooking skills. I love this place. I just wish they were open more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a good menu this semesterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2014Desserts are great, but otherwise the food was bland, had no crunch or pizazz, the crab salad thing was inedible and strange. Salads ok, needed more crunch. Overall, I suggest some herbs or flavorings, spices, food just had no character, although it looked good. Problem is with the menu, service is great.
- oh so goodfoodieDined on 2/5/2014another semester begins, new menu, new faces. and first rate as always. Imaginative food choices and lots of variety - something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine diningChouChouDined on 11/15/2013This restaurant is fine dining without the price of famous, upscale restaurants. The atmosphere is very pleasant and relaxing. The service is great. Definitely call for reservations. It is a popular location for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The selections were variedalaskaDined on 11/14/2013The selections were varied to cover everyone's preference. I liked that it was quiet and my party and I could easily hear one another during our time there. The food overall was great. (I did not partake in dessert as the entrée filled me up, but it looked good). I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2013What a great place to have lunch. Culinary arts students are having first hand experience serving the public with high class service. Food was good and served promptly. Service was definitely a 5 star. Will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sooooooooooo good!foodieDined on 11/13/2013as usual, the food was excellent, imaginative and beautifully presented. Unfortunately the service was unacceptably slow, and one of our party had to leave without eating. Waiting over an hour from ordering to eating was too long, and all of the diners except one was served, leaving the last person without food for 10 minutes. We expect service to be somewhat slow since these are students, but this recent experience speaks to something not going well in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch among friendsDonMDined on 11/7/2013Three of us with long-time inside connections with UAA dined sumptuously on three different menu items, a salad, shrimp and lamb chops, all of which were elegantly prepared and presented. Lucy's has always been very good, but the experience was even elegant this time! And dessert was out of this world!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TippyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2013Lucy's should notify diners about the tip policy. Not recommended? Acceptable??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always first ratefoodieDined on 10/9/2013I'm a long-time customer at Lucy's, and this time the food was excellent as we've come to expect I had the scallop entree since they always cook scallops perfectly. The menu was imaginative , the choices showed great variety, and our wait-person was friendly and efficient. It was quiet enough to talk with friends and the prices reasonable. Guess I'm their best fan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UAA SanctuaryFancyTastebudsDined on 10/9/2013My colleagues and I went to lunch to celebrate my new permanent job. The server was friendly and knowledgeable. The food was the perfect temperature and taste. I was able to step away from the office for a bit and feel like I was a world away. It was a relaxing atmosphere and the perfect combination of flavors. I will come back time and again. Thank you for such a fabulous dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inventive lunchtime fareNiftyDined on 10/8/2013The meals at Lucy's are innovative and very good. I had the seared scallops and they were very tasty. The dessert, pumpkin pie with an eggnog topping, was decadent and delicious. It had great texture. Even though I'm sure there will many calories in there, it felt light on the palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Lucy's, chosenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2013The food at Lucy's, chosen by the culinary arts students, is always fantastic and this time was no different!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Bad ParkingLoveToLunchDined on 10/2/2013Lunch was great. I had the scallop dish and the scallops were cooked perfectly. Everyone in my party really enjoyed the food but 2 people got parking tickets. Although Lucy's provides parking vouchers, the tickets require extra postage which you only find out about once they are returned by the Post Office. This isn't Lucy's fault but just a hassle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unknown spot with great foodenjoygoodfoodDined on 10/1/2013This is a restaurant staffed with UAA Culinary Arts students. The food is inexpensive and very creative. It is as good as anything you might get at Orso, Ginger, Captain Cook etc for half the price. The service was great and food arrived quickly. My only complaint is the lighting.............but it is a school -run restaurant so I understand. I wish they were open for dinner as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu selection was wonderful.evenDined on 10/1/2013The menu selection was wonderful. Our dining experience was top notch. Loved all the new dessert options and creativity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Food! :-)DDarbyDined on 9/25/2013Had lunch here on the 25th. The foie Gras mousse stuffed Deviled eggs, pumpkin spice vinaigrette salad, the best Sandwich ever, and the apple dumpling. Very good presentation, service was timely. Food could have a came a little sooner(long lunch). I will come back later this semester to try the venison sausage. The apple dumpling is very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a regular customer therefoodieDined on 4/24/2013I'm a regular customer there and a great fan of theirs. Unfortunately , this time the food was fair to poor, all the way around. Bright spot was their excellent coffee and one of the selections from the dessert buffet - chocolate tart. But they're just learning, and mistakes are part of that process. I'll be back in the fall as the dining experience there has been outstanding for many years.Special Features:
- Food presentation is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Food presentation is excellent . taste very good. The "free" crab cakes were a nice surprise, crunchy , sauce very tasty. Desert overall not memorable, except for the chocolate tart Coffee very goodSpecial Features:
- Balck cod -- the best AK Fish!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013I was thrilled to see wild Alaskan Black cod on the menu at Lucy's. I am the wife of a Black cod fisherman so I have a freezer full of it home and I know that over the years, we have become quite the fish chefs. At the same time, I enjoy trying fish when I am out and about because I am always hoping to get new recipe ideas. Lucy's did a wonderful job with the fish -- it was cooked to perfection. The reason that I gave them a 4/5 is that the pasta that the fish was served over was a tab bit oily and for a succulent rich fish like Black cod, that was a little much. However, it was very tasty and I will eat there again.Special Features:
- This is the best undiscoveredOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2013This is the best undiscovered place in Anchorage to have a great meal and equally great service, at bargain prices. The menu is ambitious and the food lives up to it. My black cod was so fresh and perfectly done it almost swam off the plate. The service is flawless. The only drawback (and the reason it isn't better known) is the difficulty of parking nearby.Special Features:
- The dishes are experimentalChrisfromAnchorageDined on 4/3/2013The dishes are experimental on the part of the culinary arts students, and they are sometimes fabulous, always interesting. Although service is good, the food is slower than it would be at a commercial restaurant, so order appetizers and only come if you have time for a nice, long, relaxing lunch.Special Features:
- Leisurely Fine Dining SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2013UAA Student prepared food and service overseen by UAA Chef and Instuctors...a nice culinary experience for a leisurely lunch - reminded me a bit of having lunch on a cruise ship. Second Time to use OpenTable for a reservation. Worked GREAT.Special Features:
- Many of the 'special features'OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2013Many of the 'special features' do not apply to Lucy's because it is a Culinary Arts restaurant with very limited hours and does not serve alcohol.Special Features:
- food always first rate - innovativefoodieDined on 3/27/2013food always first rate - innovative and beautifully presented. Service also just what you'd want. I requested a substitution on my meal, and the waitress made it happen and was very graceful about it. Can't ask for more than that. It's my favorite place to eat altho it's spendy!Special Features:
- Not a Happy CamperOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/6/2013I was very dissapointed with the food and service this time. I have dined there 3 times previously and have been very impressed. The service was slow the food was "different", dry and not to the standards I have come to love about the culinary program.
- We always have an enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2013We always have an enjoyable dining experience at Lucy's.Special Features:
- food always innovative andfoodieDined on 2/27/2013food always innovative and presentation borders on artistic!Special Features:
- Fix your reservation systemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013The restaurant was excellent, I had a an excellent meal there and service was very coridial, the server was a tad shy and needed more experience (it IS a school after all). BUT, when I tried to change my reservation from one to three people, OPEN TABLE said there weren't any tables left. When I got there, more than half the tables were empty. OpenTable screwed me and this restaurant. I talked to the hostess about this and she said I should have called. If I should have called then why are they using Open Table at all? And how many other people were denied a reservation on Open Table without knowing they should have called. Why have Open Table if it is not a reliable way to make a reservation?!Special Features:
- Excellent service, beautifulmommazommaDined on 2/20/2013Excellent service, beautiful facility, fantastic food, great, affordable food.Special Features:
- The menu seemed a little lighterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013The menu seemed a little lighter this year. I mean that in a good way. In the past, we avoided going because the food could be a little too rich. It was really very good.Special Features: