1279 Coast Village Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93108Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.luckys-steakhouse.com/
- Phone: (805) 565-7540
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Leonard Schwartz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Lucky's
LUCKY'S is widely known for its exclusive selection of USDA Prime steaks, live Maine lobsters, no-nonsense cocktails and world class wine cellar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lucky's - Best Restaurants in Montecito ›
Lucky's reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (38)notable wine list (33)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (24)romantic (24)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A place not to missDioDeka210EastMainStreetDined on 11/23/2014Santa Barbara has always been a coastal gem. Since moving from there in the 70s, though, the area has been transformed into the most elegant and yet, laid back, community. Lucky's is located in the highly desirable town of Montecito. You cannot go wrong with this former restaurant of John Ireland, a famous actor of days gone by. The atmosphere is warm and enticing. We had a variety of dishes from Caesar salads to ribs to steaks; everything was perfectly prepared and presented. Our waiter was exceptionally attentive. There are many places to dine in this very unique location. But, you would be remiss if you did not be certain to dine at Lucky's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't Get Any BetterBrunoVIPDined on 11/9/2014Simply the best restaurant on the Central Coast and one of the best in Southern California. Many dishes that you won't find elsewhere. World class wine list. This is worth a drive from LA just to dine there.Special Features:
- Great Steaks but you pay for it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014I'm based in Beverly Hills so I'm no stranger to expensive restaurants. I was taken aback however by some of the prices at Lucky's. Steaks for as much as $75 a la carte? Ouch. I had the Petite Filet ($42) which was outstanding and certainly big enough and my friend ordered Salmon ($32) so you can get out the door for much less. I did like their corkage policy where the comp the corkage fee (normally $25) if you buy another bottle of the menu. All in all, a very enjoyable meal!
- ExcellentTinaDVIPDined on 11/9/2014Great service, delicious food (Eggs Benedict!). There was a mixup in our order and it was delayed, but the waiter let us know and apologized, offering us additional beverages without charge. Well handled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot2SweetVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food is not even mediocre! The steak had no flavor and was rubbery. A porterhouse should not be sliced into tiny pieces of rubbery fat. All in all it was horrible all the way around. The salad was oily and the burrata was a mess!!
- BetsyDined on 10/30/2014My Husband & I are new to Santa Barbara, and are so happy to have discovered Lucky's. Convenient curbside valet. On entering and being warmly welcomed by Jennifer, Lucky's felt like we were entering a long-time SB dining institution. Lighting was soft, relaxing. Karen, our waitress, was superb & welcoming. Food was outstanding. My Husband had the bone-in chop which he described as melt in his mouth. Our guest had a NY Strip which he said was best ever. I was very happy too with the selections - the chef catered to my plant-based, no dairy preference - and there are many options for vegans - deliciously prepared vegetables - steamed, grilled or sauteed. And, even a tofu veggie stir-fry. My Husband raved about the Skinny Onions too.Special Features:
- LCA1LCA1Dined on 10/29/2014Luckys is one of my favorite resturants ever. Great food,delightful service and always impressive. Their bar area is always the place to be.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in town!Rbrand01Dined on 10/25/201414 oz bone in filet with a classic Cesar salad with a escargot appetizer, can't be beat on the west coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedluvgoodmealVIPDined on 10/20/2014Because Lucky's was recommended to us by two speparate people we went expecting a great but expensive meal. The meal was expensive. The steak and duck were very good. But the "speacial" green beans almondine had clearly been in a steamer for far longer than appropriate and arrived limp and overcooked. The mashed potatoes were soupy and had little flavor. The pecan pie a la mode which the waitress recommended was nothing special. As we were dining on a Monday night it wasn't busy, but we were rushed through the meal. Overall, just a "good enough" experience. Certainly not worth the over $200 price tag.Special Features:
- Great Food, but......Service??foodforthoughtVIPDined on 10/18/2014Have been eating here since 3rd week of opening! Food is always consistently very good: peppered filet, chopped salad, and my wife claims best abalone in town. Service from Karen and Ringo is always top notch. Have had problems now for past year with server, Guy, who for some reason has decided that it's best not to welcome guests, say hello, or thanks for coming. We will stick with the servers who want to work here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and Great ServiceMindyDined on 10/16/2014My husband and I enjoyed our dining experience here. We felt lucky to have found Lucky's! The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. I had the dover sole and my husband had the tuna special, which was exploding with vibrant and tasty flavors. I am a very picky eater and they really impressed me. They were even able to accomodate a special request to leave out onions from the tuna tar-tare. I highly recommend Lucky's!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentBdosbDined on 10/14/2014Food and service is always top notch. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- KCDallasKCDallasDined on 10/6/2014always a great meal, Abalone is the best I've eatenSpecial Features:
- Lucky to find Lucky'sdoubledDined on 10/4/2014my wifes birthday, the food and service was outstanding a little pricey but I would do it again. In the heart of Montecito Village just south of Santa Barbara very ritsy town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The service was marginal on 9/27/14. We came for my husband's birthday and were a bit disappointed. In addition, his food came out completely over-cooked. We were not as pleased with the experience as we had hoped to be, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Super Yummy!DigitexicDined on 9/27/2014All the food was cooked to perfection. Dos Pueblos Ranch Abalone, Calamari, Filet Mignon, Braised Short Ribs, Lucky Fries, Fresh Made Cherry Pie, Turtle Sundae (no turtle :) ), Glass of wine, Gin Gin Mule (but served in a glass not in a bucket as stated. Yes served in a copper bucket does make it better - especially for $14), Stella on Draft ($7), Cappuccino (Nice and hot), table water tasted clean and filtered... The waitress was good but the help staff was exceptional. Total $250 but worth it when your trying to get Lucky with your wife ;)... Too full to get Lucky!!!Special Features:
- Must Go!EPCAVIPDined on 9/21/2014If you only have time for one restaurant in Montecito, you must eat at Lucky's and enjoy the great bar scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FlavorKatnipDined on 9/21/2014Lucky's Restaurant is always consistent, fun and flavorful, so when out of town visitors were here last weekend that is where we headed for breakfast. We all enjoyed our food (my one guest said she hadn't had real corned beef hash or even seen it on a menu for years, and she thoroughly enjoyed it !), the service was excellent and we even saw celebrities at near by tables that made it that much more entertaining for my friends. Another great meal at Lucky's was enjoyed by all !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Nice MealfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 9/19/2014Ate in bar and server Steve did a very good job! Chopped salad, roast chicken, green been special and grand marnier soufflé were all excellent. Nice selection of wines by the glass and Karen knows how to make a cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PurpleDined on 9/10/2014Great restaurant! Service was impecable! Somewhat pricey, but the food was excellent!! Great for any special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find!foodandwinegalDined on 9/6/2014Not knowing any restaurants in the Santa Barbara area, I chose this one for a dinner out with friends when we were in the area. I researched restaurants and read some reviews and just felt like this was the one we should go to. I was right, we all enjoyed the atmosphere, service and the food was fantastic. Looking forward to another trip to the area to eat here again!Special Features:
- JMGPanchitoDined on 9/5/2014Excellent service coupled with outstanding dishes. I will defanately visit again and will be sure to recommend to family and friends. Montecito's little gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every timeJohnBDined on 9/1/2014Every time we come to Santa Barbara we eat at Luckys. It's always consistent and the a abalone is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Everything!!!RandyDined on 8/31/2014Lucky's is an incredible journey all around! Incredible food, amazing ambiance, wonderful "date" night or dinner with friends atmosphere. I would highly recommend Lucky's for any occasion. The next time I visit the Santa Barbara area, I will be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I took my boyfriend to Lucky's for his birthday and it was wonderful. The food was amazing and the service was great. At the end of our meal they brought us a birthday dessert without me asking, I didn't even realize they knew we were celebrating a special occasion. Everything was very thoughtful and enjoyable. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinning experienceKathyGDined on 8/30/2014We had a lovely time as always. I had the Romanian steak which was perfect. My husband had the buffalo rib eye which had tendons running through it and made it a bit tough. The waitress explained that buffalo is just that way so while tasty not something that he would order again.Special Features:
- Not worth the money!RonalesVIPDined on 8/28/2014We made a reservation at Lucky's based on a recommendation. We were disappointed. The steaks were mediocre at best. (Chewy+tasteless). The waitress brought me a salad with croutons filled with garlic after I slowly and carefully explained that I am highly allergic to garlic. We will not return.
- Buzzy evening mealNeilRDined on 8/23/2014Our party of four dined at Lucky's on Saturday night. Overall, the evening was great fun and an enjoyable experience. The food was excellent all round - the fillet steaks deserving a particular mention - succulent, beautifully cooked and delicious. The only negative was that while we arrived on time for our booking, we were told that the table was not quite ready - an earlier party was still at the table. We waited a total of about 20 mins - too long in my opinion - and illustrative of perhaps a little too tight scheduling of tables ?
- Service disappointedRunaway99VIPDined on 8/22/2014We have been here several times and it remains a favorite. But it took us over 3 hours to get through dinner this time - clearly unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MontecitoKAS1VIPDined on 8/21/2014Terrific Montecito steakhouse. The place to be in town.Special Features:
- Food and dining roomingCaseyDined on 8/16/2014Excellent service and food wonderful. Noticed hostess staff handling table sitting changes with "old regulars" with great courtesy. Definitely a place to dine in Montecito. Tables are very close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperinceJMWSDined on 8/11/2014Lucky's is an amazing place to eat. The decor is reminiscent of Old Hollywood, black and white photos covering the walls and classic steakhouse table settings. The service is top notch and the staff is very friendly and attentive. The food was incredible, delicious and beautifully presented. If you're "lucky", you may even spot a celebrity or two..... we did!Special Features:
- Great Dinner.GeoCooksDined on 8/10/2014We brought friends to Lucky's for their 43 wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. We went on Sunday, their special was the prime rib and it was as good or better than Lawry's without the craziness of Lawry's. Seating was immediate, we were greeted immediately by one of the wait staff and we had water in minutes. They were attentive without being overbearing. The food came out hot and everything was delicious. We've been to Lucky's before for both weekend breakfast and lunch and it was as good as our dinner was. You pay for the quality of their food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvmontecitoDined on 8/9/2014Our favorite restaurant when we visit Montecito. It is a must for one or two times per trip. We love it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/4/2014I enjoy having a drink and a bite at Lucky's bar, which caters to a well-heeled crowd over a certain age. It's fun to see oldsters doing the bar scene. Restaurant is old school, very overpriced, but still great for a splurge of a filet mignonette and a wedge salad. Wine list is good, cosmos are perfect!Special Features:
- Awesome Old School vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/4/2014Excellent food and great menu. Cool old school vibe and decor. Short rib was amazing.Special Features:
- A ta santé, a mon santéTaichiguyDined on 7/29/2014My wife and I revisited Lucky's to celebrate a what-a-relief health report. For once we skipped the ample and wonderful Lucky's Salad (bacon, avocado, shrimp, etc.), only because abalone was on the menu. The appetizer portion seemed to be basted with egg, and was delicious. Then we went hard-core, with a scrumptious filet and a filet sandwich. The creamed corn side was, as usual, yummy. Had some good pinot; my wife said her martini was "perfect." Our server was charming – we just got caught behind a large party. Lucky's remains a great place to celebrate good tidings.Special Features:
- Nice Serving Job From RingofoodforthoughtVIPDined on 7/29/2014Ate in bar this evening again, and Ringo did his usual great serving job. We've been going to Lucky's since the 2nd week they opened, and I continue to be amazed that the food is consistent from month to month, year to year. Best filet steaks in town. My wife says the turtle sunday is also the best in town.Special Features:
- The following 385 reviews are from the Lucky's reviews archive.
- Always Great at LuckysfoodfanaticDined on 7/20/2014I try to eat at Luckys at least twice when I'm in SB. This trip will go three times. Love the food and at atmosphere is terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Love this RestaurantHappyDinerDined on 7/19/2014The food here is great and the service is very good (friendly, hospitable). Love it!Special Features: