1279 Coast Village Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93108Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.luckys-steakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8055657540
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Leonard Schwartz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Lucky's
LUCKY'S is widely known for its exclusive selection of USDA Prime steaks, live Maine lobsters, no-nonsense cocktails and world class wine cellar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Lucky's - Best Restaurants in Montecito ›
Lucky's reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)neighborhood gem (42)hot spot (36)fit for foodies (36)vibrant bar scene (35)notable wine list (35)romantic (32)good for groups (19)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (11)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Incredible Everything!!!RandyDined on 8/31/2014Lucky's is an incredible journey all around! Incredible food, amazing ambiance, wonderful "date" night or dinner with friends atmosphere. I would highly recommend Lucky's for any occasion. The next time I visit the Santa Barbara area, I will be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I took my boyfriend to Lucky's for his birthday and it was wonderful. The food was amazing and the service was great. At the end of our meal they brought us a birthday dessert without me asking, I didn't even realize they knew we were celebrating a special occasion. Everything was very thoughtful and enjoyable. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We had a lovely time as always. I had the Romanian steak which was perfect. My husband had the buffalo rib eye which had tendons running through it and made it a bit tough. The waitress explained that buffalo is just that way so while tasty not something that he would order again.Special Features:
- Buzzy evening mealNeilRDined on 8/23/2014Our party of four dined at Lucky's on Saturday night. Overall, the evening was great fun and an enjoyable experience. The food was excellent all round - the fillet steaks deserving a particular mention - succulent, beautifully cooked and delicious. The only negative was that while we arrived on time for our booking, we were told that the table was not quite ready - an earlier party was still at the table. We waited a total of about 20 mins - too long in my opinion - and illustrative of perhaps a little too tight scheduling of tables ?
- Service disappointedRunaway99VIPDined on 8/22/2014We have been here several times and it remains a favorite. But it took us over 3 hours to get through dinner this time - clearly unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and dining roomingCaseyDined on 8/16/2014Excellent service and food wonderful. Noticed hostess staff handling table sitting changes with "old regulars" with great courtesy. Definitely a place to dine in Montecito. Tables are very close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperinceJMWSDined on 8/11/2014Lucky's is an amazing place to eat. The decor is reminiscent of Old Hollywood, black and white photos covering the walls and classic steakhouse table settings. The service is top notch and the staff is very friendly and attentive. The food was incredible, delicious and beautifully presented. If you're "lucky", you may even spot a celebrity or two..... we did!Special Features:
- Great Dinner.GeoCooksDined on 8/10/2014We brought friends to Lucky's for their 43 wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. We went on Sunday, their special was the prime rib and it was as good or better than Lawry's without the craziness of Lawry's. Seating was immediate, we were greeted immediately by one of the wait staff and we had water in minutes. They were attentive without being overbearing. The food came out hot and everything was delicious. We've been to Lucky's before for both weekend breakfast and lunch and it was as good as our dinner was. You pay for the quality of their food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvmontecitoDined on 8/9/2014Our favorite restaurant when we visit Montecito. It is a must for one or two times per trip. We love it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2014I enjoy having a drink and a bite at Lucky's bar, which caters to a well-heeled crowd over a certain age. It's fun to see oldsters doing the bar scene. Restaurant is old school, very overpriced, but still great for a splurge of a filet mignonette and a wedge salad. Wine list is good, cosmos are perfect!Special Features:
- Awesome Old School vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/4/2014Excellent food and great menu. Cool old school vibe and decor. Short rib was amazing.Special Features:
- A ta santé, a mon santéTaichiguyDined on 7/29/2014My wife and I revisited Lucky's to celebrate a what-a-relief health report. For once we skipped the ample and wonderful Lucky's Salad (bacon, avocado, shrimp, etc.), only because abalone was on the menu. The appetizer portion seemed to be basted with egg, and was delicious. Then we went hard-core, with a scrumptious filet and a filet sandwich. The creamed corn side was, as usual, yummy. Had some good pinot; my wife said her martini was "perfect." Our server was charming – we just got caught behind a large party. Lucky's remains a great place to celebrate good tidings.Special Features:
- Nice Serving Job From RingofoodforthoughtVIPDined on 7/29/2014Ate in bar this evening again, and Ringo did his usual great serving job. We've been going to Lucky's since the 2nd week they opened, and I continue to be amazed that the food is consistent from month to month, year to year. Best filet steaks in town. My wife says the turtle sunday is also the best in town.Special Features:
- Always Great at LuckysfoodfanaticDined on 7/20/2014I try to eat at Luckys at least twice when I'm in SB. This trip will go three times. Love the food and at atmosphere is terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Love this RestaurantHappyDinerDined on 7/19/2014The food here is great and the service is very good (friendly, hospitable). Love it!Special Features:
- Excellent Every TimeLisaVIPDined on 7/17/2014Just when you think there's always the same ol thing, Lucky's changes your mind. Lucky's is excellent every time. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky we found Lucky's!NickoDined on 7/9/2014The place was great. The service was great, wonderful food, one of the best steaks I have ever had, 10 oz. Filet Mignon"Wow! There were several celebrity sightings at the restaurant. Rob Lowe dinning with Ellen DeGeneres & Portia De Rossi. Allen Thick was also there. The place was full for a Wednesday night, so the noise level was high but not so much you could not talk to the people at your table. Will go back!Special Features:
- Great Steaks!Foodie123Dined on 7/3/2014We loved the petite filet mignon and hashed browned potatoes with gruyere cheese. Vibe is great, service terrific and it's a great place to people watch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakTwohoustonguysDined on 7/2/2014The Romanian steak was one of the best I have ever eaten in 60 years. Hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014Wine list was extensive but quite a bit marked up. For the scale of this restaurant, I would really expect a more knowledgeable staff as well. The steak was very good as were the side dishes. Onion rings were great as previous commentators have stated. Gruyere potatoes were a bit salty and creamed spinach did not seem as fresh as others we've had. Martinis were indeed very tasty and are recommended. Again, for the price and expected scale of this restaurant, I would have assumed a more knowledgeable staff. Staff did however pay attention to special requests we had on the OpenTable site so this was very much appreciated!Special Features:
- Always great!!MarshaDined on 6/28/2014Great food, service and ambiance! Also a really good neighborhood watering hole. Noise level a bit too high, but so what with all the other pluses?Special Features:
- DelightfulSoCalGalVIPDined on 6/28/2014Wanted a quick stop for lunch while heading north. Thought this would make for easy off/on 101. Enjoyed a delicious meal while sitting outdoors and people-watching in beautiful Montecito. What could be better? We were very pleasantly surprised by our last-minute decision and have already decised we will make it a regualr stop on our travels.Special Features:
- It's where all the action is.BillDined on 6/27/2014Not only the Best steakhouse in SB, but the best all around restaurant in SBSpecial Features:
- Superb!LisaVIPDined on 6/26/2014You can always count on Luckys for a perfect meal. Superb! Don't miss out on the meatloaf either...it is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service Expensive MealmythoughtsDined on 6/22/2014Qualities that should never be paired. I don't mind paying for a nice experience, but this definitely was not. I ordered the lobster and found out they were out of lobster. The server recommended the Abalone in it's place. After nearly an hour passed placing the order our meals came and I was surprised to see a breaded and oily selection of abalone. Disappointed and without eating a main course, I paid the remainder of our bill and went home full on bread.
- Get Lucky at Lucky'sLisaVIPDined on 6/12/2014Always, without a doubt, you will be lucky at Lucky's. Why? The food is perfect every time and with everything you order. I've been dining there on a regular basis since it opened (too many years!) and it's always the same excellence. And let's talk about the meatloaf on Thursday night - gee wis it's so darn good. Thanks Leonard for making!Special Features:
- AverageDimesVIPDined on 6/8/2014Food was overpriced and just OK. Steak was cut thin and had a strange spice or sauce on it, made it taste almost greasy. For Steak prices between $50 and $75 I have had much better. The only dish that was above average was the thin cut onion rings.
- Not so luckyHerinVIPDined on 6/3/2014The service was horrible. I was dining with my teenage son, who is a foodie. They almost ignores us. Took 15 minutes just to get a drink and then she dumped my Sauvignon Blanc into my RED wine glass so hard it splashed. Food was just ok.Special Features:
- The Best Meat Loaf Ever!LisaVIPDined on 5/29/2014Ok, I know your thinking "who cares about meat loaf?" But here's the truth....it's the best. Made by Leonard's own recipe that is bar none the supreme combination of taste. Along side the killer mash potatos. Get there and have this primo dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montecito landmarkVailtravelerDined on 5/29/2014There is an atmosphere and energy that sets Lucky's apart from the traditional steakhouses around the US. The food quality is exceptional and dishes are prepared with exacting precision yet without pretense. Atmosphere is decidedly upbeat and while the decibel level far exceeds what would normally be comfortable, Lucky's makes it work - through excellent service that is prompt yet never obsequious and an energy level that makes being there simply put 'fun'.Special Features:
- invitingcoachDined on 5/28/2014upon entering Luckys you are greeting warmly. The tables are far enough away from each other that you can carry on a conversation. The food is presented well and the servers very friendly and professional. My husband said his white fish was the best he every had.Special Features:
- Lucky LoveArthurJacobVIPDined on 5/23/2014If you can splurge do treat yourself to one of the best restaurant experiences we had in the entire Montecito/Santa Barbara area. The wine list is stellar with ample choices ranging from the reasonable to the rare. The sommelier, Eric, was first class in his knowledge and enthusiasm, particularly for the many notable local wines. The food was so delicious. Steaks are out of the ballpark and so is the fish. We left very happy. It will be top on our list next time we return. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Get lucky at Lucky'sLisaVIPDined on 5/22/2014Never doubt Lucky's. It's perfect every time, every bite, every sip. Lucky's is perfection. And don't miss the meatloaf on Thursday - a favorite beyond what you can imagine. Thanks Leonard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish, delicious, funMcSnatesDined on 5/21/2014First, it's expensive. Second, it's a la carte. Perfect steaks, a mountain of the thinnest crunchiest onion rings on earth, stiff drinks. We had petit filets Mignons with bernaise AND peppercorn cream sauces on the side. Arugula salads. Grilled artichokes. Just the ticket for two old friends. We sat on the patio by a roaring fire. Behind us walls lined with stylish photos of all the old movie stars: Crosby, Sinatra, Gable, Grant, and more. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellentcoachDined on 5/13/2014We enjoyed Lucky's again this time with friends. They loved it as did we.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Film History, Beef, SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014If you enjoy photos of film history, great Manhattans, and high quality beef with perfect sauces( Bernaise, Peppercorn) and a great location.. Montecito this is the place. Very expensive, but we keep coming back. Only negative the salad was a bit overdressed, less dressing would be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!!!foodie88Dined on 5/11/2014First let me start by saying that the service and the food were both excellent. Our server was friendly and helpful, and made our experience quite enjoyable. Now let's talk about the food...well...the burger to be more precise. This is quite possibly one of the best burgers I have ever had. While it was a little messy, it was SO worth it. Our server also recommended we try the fries and I am so glad he did. They were perfectly crispy on the outside and still soft on the inside, and seasoned exactly as I like. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Always Enjoyable...PiacereVIPDined on 5/9/2014We had another very good meal here and the staff was friendly and accommodating as always. Next time I will ask for no oil, just steam, for the side beans and other veggies as they tend to saturate now...otherwise great all around. I do wish they would improve the wines by the glass list though!Special Features:
- The following 360 reviews are from the Lucky's reviews archive.
- Great local placeAnneDined on 5/5/2014This is a great local place. Our wine guide, Mike, told us about it. Loved it and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun and happening hot spotjb65VIPDined on 5/3/2014There was lots of positive energy from the moment we arrived at Lucky's. The restaurant was hopping. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. The wait staff was great. The menu selections were many. The food was delicious and quite ample.Special Features: