1279 Coast Village Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93108Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.luckys-steakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8055657540
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Leonard Schwartz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Lucky's
LUCKY'S is widely known for its exclusive selection of USDA Prime steaks, live Maine lobsters, no-nonsense cocktails and world class wine cellar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Lucky's - Best Restaurants in Montecito ›
Lucky's reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)neighborhood gem (47)hot spot (37)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (35)vibrant bar scene (32)romantic (30)good for groups (21)great for outdoor dining (13)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The service was marginal on 9/27/14. We came for my husband's birthday and were a bit disappointed. In addition, his food came out completely over-cooked. We were not as pleased with the experience as we had hoped to be, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Super Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014All the food was cooked to perfection. Dos Pueblos Ranch Abalone, Calamari, Filet Mignon, Braised Short Ribs, Lucky Fries, Fresh Made Cherry Pie, Turtle Sundae (no turtle :) ), Glass of wine, Gin Gin Mule (but served in a glass not in a bucket as stated. Yes served in a copper bucket does make it better - especially for $14), Stella on Draft ($7), Cappuccino (Nice and hot), table water tasted clean and filtered... The waitress was good but the help staff was exceptional. Total $250 but worth it when your trying to get Lucky with your wife ;)... Too full to get Lucky!!!Special Features:
- Must Go!EPCAVIPDined on 9/21/2014If you only have time for one restaurant in Montecito, you must eat at Lucky's and enjoy the great bar scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FlavorKatnipDined on 9/21/2014Lucky's Restaurant is always consistent, fun and flavorful, so when out of town visitors were here last weekend that is where we headed for breakfast. We all enjoyed our food (my one guest said she hadn't had real corned beef hash or even seen it on a menu for years, and she thoroughly enjoyed it !), the service was excellent and we even saw celebrities at near by tables that made it that much more entertaining for my friends. Another great meal at Lucky's was enjoyed by all !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Nice MealfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 9/19/2014Ate in bar and server Steve did a very good job! Chopped salad, roast chicken, green been special and grand marnier soufflé were all excellent. Nice selection of wines by the glass and Karen knows how to make a cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PurpleDined on 9/10/2014Great restaurant! Service was impecable! Somewhat pricey, but the food was excellent!! Great for any special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find!foodandwinegalDined on 9/6/2014Not knowing any restaurants in the Santa Barbara area, I chose this one for a dinner out with friends when we were in the area. I researched restaurants and read some reviews and just felt like this was the one we should go to. I was right, we all enjoyed the atmosphere, service and the food was fantastic. Looking forward to another trip to the area to eat here again!Special Features:
- JMGPanchitoDined on 9/5/2014Excellent service coupled with outstanding dishes. I will defanately visit again and will be sure to recommend to family and friends. Montecito's little gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every timeJohnBDined on 9/1/2014Every time we come to Santa Barbara we eat at Luckys. It's always consistent and the a abalone is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Everything!!!RandyDined on 8/31/2014Lucky's is an incredible journey all around! Incredible food, amazing ambiance, wonderful "date" night or dinner with friends atmosphere. I would highly recommend Lucky's for any occasion. The next time I visit the Santa Barbara area, I will be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I took my boyfriend to Lucky's for his birthday and it was wonderful. The food was amazing and the service was great. At the end of our meal they brought us a birthday dessert without me asking, I didn't even realize they knew we were celebrating a special occasion. Everything was very thoughtful and enjoyable. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinning experienceKathyGDined on 8/30/2014We had a lovely time as always. I had the Romanian steak which was perfect. My husband had the buffalo rib eye which had tendons running through it and made it a bit tough. The waitress explained that buffalo is just that way so while tasty not something that he would order again.Special Features:
- Not worth the money!RonalesVIPDined on 8/28/2014We made a reservation at Lucky's based on a recommendation. We were disappointed. The steaks were mediocre at best. (Chewy+tasteless). The waitress brought me a salad with croutons filled with garlic after I slowly and carefully explained that I am highly allergic to garlic. We will not return.
- Buzzy evening mealNeilRDined on 8/23/2014Our party of four dined at Lucky's on Saturday night. Overall, the evening was great fun and an enjoyable experience. The food was excellent all round - the fillet steaks deserving a particular mention - succulent, beautifully cooked and delicious. The only negative was that while we arrived on time for our booking, we were told that the table was not quite ready - an earlier party was still at the table. We waited a total of about 20 mins - too long in my opinion - and illustrative of perhaps a little too tight scheduling of tables ?
- Service disappointedRunaway99VIPDined on 8/22/2014We have been here several times and it remains a favorite. But it took us over 3 hours to get through dinner this time - clearly unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MontecitoKAS1VIPDined on 8/21/2014Terrific Montecito steakhouse. The place to be in town.Special Features:
- Food and dining roomingCaseyDined on 8/16/2014Excellent service and food wonderful. Noticed hostess staff handling table sitting changes with "old regulars" with great courtesy. Definitely a place to dine in Montecito. Tables are very close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperinceJMWSDined on 8/11/2014Lucky's is an amazing place to eat. The decor is reminiscent of Old Hollywood, black and white photos covering the walls and classic steakhouse table settings. The service is top notch and the staff is very friendly and attentive. The food was incredible, delicious and beautifully presented. If you're "lucky", you may even spot a celebrity or two..... we did!Special Features:
- Great Dinner.GeoCooksDined on 8/10/2014We brought friends to Lucky's for their 43 wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. We went on Sunday, their special was the prime rib and it was as good or better than Lawry's without the craziness of Lawry's. Seating was immediate, we were greeted immediately by one of the wait staff and we had water in minutes. They were attentive without being overbearing. The food came out hot and everything was delicious. We've been to Lucky's before for both weekend breakfast and lunch and it was as good as our dinner was. You pay for the quality of their food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvmontecitoDined on 8/9/2014Our favorite restaurant when we visit Montecito. It is a must for one or two times per trip. We love it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2014I enjoy having a drink and a bite at Lucky's bar, which caters to a well-heeled crowd over a certain age. It's fun to see oldsters doing the bar scene. Restaurant is old school, very overpriced, but still great for a splurge of a filet mignonette and a wedge salad. Wine list is good, cosmos are perfect!Special Features:
- Awesome Old School vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/4/2014Excellent food and great menu. Cool old school vibe and decor. Short rib was amazing.Special Features:
- A ta santé, a mon santéTaichiguyDined on 7/29/2014My wife and I revisited Lucky's to celebrate a what-a-relief health report. For once we skipped the ample and wonderful Lucky's Salad (bacon, avocado, shrimp, etc.), only because abalone was on the menu. The appetizer portion seemed to be basted with egg, and was delicious. Then we went hard-core, with a scrumptious filet and a filet sandwich. The creamed corn side was, as usual, yummy. Had some good pinot; my wife said her martini was "perfect." Our server was charming – we just got caught behind a large party. Lucky's remains a great place to celebrate good tidings.Special Features:
- Nice Serving Job From RingofoodforthoughtVIPDined on 7/29/2014Ate in bar this evening again, and Ringo did his usual great serving job. We've been going to Lucky's since the 2nd week they opened, and I continue to be amazed that the food is consistent from month to month, year to year. Best filet steaks in town. My wife says the turtle sunday is also the best in town.Special Features:
- Always Great at LuckysfoodfanaticDined on 7/20/2014I try to eat at Luckys at least twice when I'm in SB. This trip will go three times. Love the food and at atmosphere is terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Love this RestaurantHappyDinerDined on 7/19/2014The food here is great and the service is very good (friendly, hospitable). Love it!Special Features:
- Excellent Every TimeLisaVIPDined on 7/17/2014Just when you think there's always the same ol thing, Lucky's changes your mind. Lucky's is excellent every time. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky we found Lucky's!NickoDined on 7/9/2014The place was great. The service was great, wonderful food, one of the best steaks I have ever had, 10 oz. Filet Mignon"Wow! There were several celebrity sightings at the restaurant. Rob Lowe dinning with Ellen DeGeneres & Portia De Rossi. Allen Thick was also there. The place was full for a Wednesday night, so the noise level was high but not so much you could not talk to the people at your table. Will go back!Special Features:
- Great Steaks!Foodie123Dined on 7/3/2014We loved the petite filet mignon and hashed browned potatoes with gruyere cheese. Vibe is great, service terrific and it's a great place to people watch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakTwohoustonguysDined on 7/2/2014The Romanian steak was one of the best I have ever eaten in 60 years. Hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014Wine list was extensive but quite a bit marked up. For the scale of this restaurant, I would really expect a more knowledgeable staff as well. The steak was very good as were the side dishes. Onion rings were great as previous commentators have stated. Gruyere potatoes were a bit salty and creamed spinach did not seem as fresh as others we've had. Martinis were indeed very tasty and are recommended. Again, for the price and expected scale of this restaurant, I would have assumed a more knowledgeable staff. Staff did however pay attention to special requests we had on the OpenTable site so this was very much appreciated!Special Features:
- Always great!!MarshaDined on 6/28/2014Great food, service and ambiance! Also a really good neighborhood watering hole. Noise level a bit too high, but so what with all the other pluses?Special Features:
- DelightfulSoCalGalVIPDined on 6/28/2014Wanted a quick stop for lunch while heading north. Thought this would make for easy off/on 101. Enjoyed a delicious meal while sitting outdoors and people-watching in beautiful Montecito. What could be better? We were very pleasantly surprised by our last-minute decision and have already decised we will make it a regualr stop on our travels.Special Features:
- It's where all the action is.BillDined on 6/27/2014Not only the Best steakhouse in SB, but the best all around restaurant in SBSpecial Features:
- Superb!LisaVIPDined on 6/26/2014You can always count on Luckys for a perfect meal. Superb! Don't miss out on the meatloaf either...it is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service Expensive MealmythoughtsDined on 6/22/2014Qualities that should never be paired. I don't mind paying for a nice experience, but this definitely was not. I ordered the lobster and found out they were out of lobster. The server recommended the Abalone in it's place. After nearly an hour passed placing the order our meals came and I was surprised to see a breaded and oily selection of abalone. Disappointed and without eating a main course, I paid the remainder of our bill and went home full on bread.
- Get Lucky at Lucky'sLisaVIPDined on 6/12/2014Always, without a doubt, you will be lucky at Lucky's. Why? The food is perfect every time and with everything you order. I've been dining there on a regular basis since it opened (too many years!) and it's always the same excellence. And let's talk about the meatloaf on Thursday night - gee wis it's so darn good. Thanks Leonard for making!Special Features:
- AverageDimesVIPDined on 6/8/2014Food was overpriced and just OK. Steak was cut thin and had a strange spice or sauce on it, made it taste almost greasy. For Steak prices between $50 and $75 I have had much better. The only dish that was above average was the thin cut onion rings.
- Not so luckyHerinVIPDined on 6/3/2014The service was horrible. I was dining with my teenage son, who is a foodie. They almost ignores us. Took 15 minutes just to get a drink and then she dumped my Sauvignon Blanc into my RED wine glass so hard it splashed. Food was just ok.Special Features:
- The following 370 reviews are from the Lucky's reviews archive.
- The Best Meat Loaf Ever!LisaVIPDined on 5/29/2014Ok, I know your thinking "who cares about meat loaf?" But here's the truth....it's the best. Made by Leonard's own recipe that is bar none the supreme combination of taste. Along side the killer mash potatos. Get there and have this primo dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.