355 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Fort Point Channel
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luckyslounge.com/
- Phone: (617) 357-5825
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00am, Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Lucas Beardslee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Event Menu available for large groups and off site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Lucky's is the perfect location for after work gatherings, birthday parties, holiday events and much more! We'll customize a special occasion for your friends family or co-workers. Please call restaurant for more information.
- Entertainment: Thursdays & Friday Nights: Boston's Best Cover Bands perform in our lounge 10pm. Saturdays: Sinatra Show featuring Adam Herbert 7-10pm in the dining room and DJ Johnny Dow 10pm - close in the lounge Sundays: Sinatra Sundays with live Sinatra Tributes featuring Ron Poster 11am - 2pm and Adam Herbert 8pm - 12 midnight.
- Special Events: Lucky's is a great place to host your next office happy hour, birthday night out, game day viewing party or baby shower brunch. Private and non-private space is available.
A word from Lucky's Lounge
Descending the stairs into Lucky's is like stepping through a portal into a swinging hipster lounge straight out of the '50s. Dim red lighting washes a rowdy vinyl-upholstered dining room, which is separate from the long narrow bar. Sardine-like conditions are the norm during peak hours, when an energetic crowd (Fort Point Channel artsy types and Financial District worker bees) rolls in for the neighborhood's liveliest scene. - CitysearchContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Lucky's Lounge - Best Restaurants in Fort Point Channel ›
Lucky's Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (25)great for brunch (23)late-night find (19)fit for foodies (17)hot spot (15)great for lunch (7)romantic (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Cool placeMoochieDined on 12/1/2013Very cool place. Bar was awesome with live band playing Frank Sinatra music.Special Features:
- BrunchJayJayDined on 11/24/2013Had heard about the Sinatra brunch and had to check it out. It's a fun little place with good food. Parking is a little tricky, but I knew that going in. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My middle-aged friends andnewtonianDined on 11/23/2013My middle-aged friends and I had a lot of fun here. We were probably the oldest folks in the room, but we didn't feel out of place. Maybe the Sinatra songs helped. Our table was near the band so talking to each other got hard. If we go back, which we probably will, we'll shoot for a table that isn't so close to the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up for Lucky'ssaturdaygroupdinnerDined on 11/23/20136 of us had dinner at Lucky's- food and drinks were great. Live music was good (although loud). Might've been nice to turn the volume down at least on the radio when the band was on break. Very nice evening and everyone liked the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationJessDined on 11/17/2013Great service. Vibrant restaurant experience in a trendy neighborhood. Food is excellent and so is the entertainment if you go when the Sinatra band is playing. Great drinks as well!Special Features:
- Lots of funBigcheeseDined on 11/16/2013Great food and service. Cool spot with great live band. Danced a bit between dinner and dessert. Would definitely go again with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for brunch on Sunday.RaindropDined on 11/10/2013Went for brunch on Sunday. Some kind of delicious sweet bread was brought to the table as soon as we were seated. I ordered the huevos monterey which was really good. Menu said it came with sweet potato hash but what was on the plate was just diced fried sweet potatoes. Still good but not what I would call a hash. Good mimosas. We really enjoyed the Sinatra music although it was a bit too loud making it difficult to hear each other. This could be remedied by requesting a seat further away from the singer. All in all, Lucky's is a fun, lively place with good food.Special Features:
- great retro rack pack loungeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/9/2013great retro rack pack lounge with surprisingly good food and mean drinks. Sinatra Saturdays is a must.Special Features:
- Food and service A+, Environment,C-DmaustinDined on 11/9/2013Pros: Great food and service. Cons: The restaurant had a faint musty smell; I think that was due to tbd fact that the restaurant area is essentially in the basement. Somewhat dingy feel to the decor. Neither was enough to make me turn around and walk out. As stated, the food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great foodMikeDined on 11/8/2013This was a great place to eat,,, and it seemed a very popular place on Friday night,,,but it was LOUD, fine for those who like it,,, but for us - a bit older - it was too loud. We live nearby, but probably won't go back unless it's for lunch when it's probably quieter. Yelling across the table wasn't the best, but again - - the food and service were great!!!!Special Features:
- great atmospheregsgdmdDined on 11/1/2013Great atmosphere, great food, will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at Lucky'sBobSVIPDined on 10/25/2013It was my first time to Lucky's. I've seen it a million times but never checked it out. Boy was I missing out. The food and service were great. I will be sure to be back soon!Special Features:
- Best food in Boston!TeeJayDined on 10/13/2013My girlfriend and I loaded up on oysters, mussels, crab cake, chicken wings, and beet salad - and every single dish was delicious!! And the Sinatra singers were phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJerrysmomVIPDined on 10/13/2013We went for the Sinatra brunch but the band was just finishing a set when we got there. They then took a break for over half an hour, came back for about 25 minutes, then broke again. We left at this point as the noise level was so high it was hard to talk even when the band was off. I wish the customers had been quieter when the band was playing. The food and service were very good though.
- NoisetranscribblerDined on 10/10/2013I haven't been in a restaurant this noisy in years. It was Thursday night. My dining partner & I left after the first course to find a quieter space, so we could actually hear each other. We ended at Sportello's, by the way, across the street, which was lovely. I've dined happily many times at Lucky's, but I've never seen it this noisy & crowded. It was definitely an unpleasant experience.Special Features:
- SpeakeasyJulesDined on 10/6/2013Such a fab place, food great and the Sinatra tribute absolutely amazing. Great place for brunch.Special Features:
- YummyGunnysmomDined on 10/2/2013Lucky's was on our list of restaurants to visit. I met two friends there and we had a lovely meal and enjoyed the people watching and music. We wanted to check out a new place and I'll be back for the sinatra brunch!Special Features:
- Great energy, great updateslocalsuitVIPDined on 9/27/2013Great energy, great updates on classic comfort dishes and a really diverse crowd make Lucky's a great place for lunch. This is a no frills interior that is instantly forgotten when your food arrives and you are staring at your plate. Cant wait to go back and try other dishes, the meat loaf sandwich was rock star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool SpotchriscrashDined on 9/22/2013This place has a lot of history and a lot of character and based on their staff and their food they have no intention of giving up on their history just to get people in the door. Good people, good food, good music, and drinks after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Time.FlemielDined on 9/21/2013We went to Lucky's Saturday night for my birthday. It was definitely a great choice by me! The live singer was AMAZING! His voice was perfect. Even when the band took a break, the music that was played in the meantime was really enjoyable we were dancing in our seats. Between the bar and the music it was a little loud but... between a bar and live music it's not really a shock that it's loud. The food was delicious. The crab cakes were really filling and the Southie fried chicken was ridiculously good. Both my brother and I only ate half so we could have it again another day! The nachos looked epic- we didn't order them but people around us did. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service - great foodRichVIPDined on 9/12/2013Still worth it. Service is slow, although meal comes out fast enough. Slow on refills, check, etc. food is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome and LoudfeastermisterDined on 9/1/2013My wife was initially hesitate to go down the dark stairwell to the lounge but once in we were in - transformation to the 50's! Food was great and service excellent. They had a Frank Sinatra impersonator with 4 piece band. Don't sit too close to band since the place is long and narrow and acoustics is loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!RebekahDined on 9/1/2013Laid back atmosphere, and the food was very delicious! Tasty cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love love Lucky's! I cameZaytieDined on 9/1/2013I love love Lucky's! I came here first with my mom and really enjoyed the scene, food and service. I brought a friend here most recently for a casual date and he loved it too. We all enjoyed the Sinatra music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a great place. PerfectZaytieDined on 8/25/2013This was a great place. Perfect for a casual brunch or a nice date. The food is delicious and actually pretty affordable. Awesome overallSpecial Features:
- FrankFrankie1Dined on 8/25/2013Brunch here is always delicious. The live music is amazing and keeps me returning as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sinatra Sunday Jazz BrunchPhotogWayneDined on 8/25/2013A great little jazz brunch with an super combo (w/ a young Sinatra sounding vocalist) created a great ambiance without overpowering conversations. The menu is varied with a mix of standards and few gems - and could be perked up a bit, but don't let that stop you. They redesigned Lucky's since I was last here to a much nicer little club without losing the feel. We will be back. And yes - there is no sign outside that this is the place. It's just the place on the corner. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second time forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2013This was our second time for the Sunday Sinatra brunch. It isn't really brunch but more like a breakfast menu. The food was not very good, but the wait staff was very friendly and efficient and the music was quite enjoyable.
- Date night for 40+ marriedsChampDined on 8/23/2013Wife and I had a rare night with no kids. Went to Seaport area for appies and cocktails. Got a little cold and felt like a change of scene. Searched internet and found LUCKY'S LOUNGE was right around the corner. Reserved table on "opentable" and were impressed it was ready when we got there. Server (Jolanda) was wicked cool and attentive. We ate light and she then helped move over to the "band" side of the bar to a cool table. Great bluesy rock music with fun, diversely aged crowd. We're 40+ and were comfortable among a wide age range. We'll be back!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value of reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2013Previous reviews told me exactly what to expect. The only unexpected was the size of the side dish, more than two could eat! Loved it!,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first experience here!foodieDined on 8/2/2013When my husband and I sat down our server was attentive despite it being quite busy at 730 PM. She answered some questions we had about the food and brought our beverages out while we decided on our food. Now, here comes my negative comment. When we ordered our food, we specifically asked to bring out each thing separately. We each had an app, a salad/soup and our entree and we were in no rush whatsoever. After placing our orders, we waited approx 20 mins and then EVERYTHING CAME OUT AT THE SAME TIME!!! all we got was a "sorry guys" from the waitstaff and our server offered to keep our entrees warm while we made our way through the meal. It was great food but i felt rushed since ALL of my food was ready. Otherwise it's a great place.Special Features:
- Old Blue Eyes and Old Brown EyesLindaDined on 7/28/2013Took my mom to Lucky's to hear Sinatra. Mom is 88 years young! She met Sinatra at the RKO in Boston when she was 17.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fairBetsy1224VIPDined on 7/28/2013Based on OpenTable's identifying Lucky's Lounge as "great for brunch," I made a reservation for 9 adults and 2 toddlers for Sunday brunch. After eating there, I'm mystified about how it earned that description - food is mediocre, service is slow, and it's truly more a "lounge" than a restaurant. The best thing - even though it made it difficult for our group to talk over the noise - was the music. The Sunday brunch features a 2-piece band accompanying a singer who specializes in Sinatra tunes.
- Cool Retro/Sinatra VibeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2013Lucky's hits the mark they are aiming for as a cool retro bar/restaurant/dive. We stayed in the "Innovation District" three days and visited Lucky's each day of our stay for food and/or drinks. The highlight was the Sunday Sinatra Brunch, but the food and drinks were great and a good value each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch spotBruinDined on 7/18/2013I've been to Lucky's for afterwork drinks and dinner. Had the chance to try the lunch menu recently. Great food (love the crab cakes) and served quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Brunch!!Boston797Dined on 7/13/2013It's not easy to find a great Saturday Brunch, but Lucky's has one! Great food; awesome, friendly staff and plenty of on street parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchNoValueVIPDined on 6/30/2013The reason for the 2 stars for food is because they chgd the breakfast menu and the items are not as interesting as previous. I ordered the huevos Monterey . This was a take on huevos rancheros, which are very tasty, spicy and satisfying. These were not even close. They also replaced the Procuitto in Sinatra omelette with sausage and bacon ...???!!!i will say the now have 3 different eggs Benedict . The yogurt granola fruit parfait was excellent. The bloody Mary's and mimosa was fantastic. I do hope the chef reads this as we are regulars and would love to see more interesting breakfast selections. Thanks RichardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so so...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2013We went looking for a special brunch and this Sinatra brunch was recommended in some sites. Though the singer had a nice voice, unfortunately the atmosphere was a bit sad: the place itself feels like a regular diner, only it has some 50's photos on the walls. We were expecting a lot more…
- Fun placeMarcandjoshmomDined on 6/16/2013My husband is a major Sinatra fanboy, so we took him there for Father's Day brunch. Food was good, live music was good and we all had a good time. I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First DatechkinghzrdDined on 6/14/2013My wife and I had our first date at Lucky's. We come back every year for our anniversary and the food and cocktails never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.