355 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Fort Point Channel
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luckyslounge.com/
- Phone: (617) 357-5825
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00am, Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Lucas Beardslee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Event Menu available for large groups and off site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Lucky's is the perfect location for after work gatherings, birthday parties, holiday events and much more! We'll customize a special occasion for your friends family or co-workers. Please call restaurant for more information.
- Entertainment: Thursdays & Friday Nights: Boston's Best Cover Bands perform in our lounge 10pm. Saturdays: Sinatra Show featuring Adam Herbert 7-10pm in the dining room and DJ Johnny Dow 10pm - close in the lounge Sundays: Sinatra Sundays with live Sinatra Tributes featuring Ron Poster 11am - 2pm and Adam Herbert 8pm - 12 midnight.
- Special Events: Lucky's is a great place to host your next office happy hour, birthday night out, game day viewing party or baby shower brunch. Private and non-private space is available.
A word from Lucky's Lounge
Descending the stairs into Lucky's is like stepping through a portal into a swinging hipster lounge straight out of the '50s. Dim red lighting washes a rowdy vinyl-upholstered dining room, which is separate from the long narrow bar. Sardine-like conditions are the norm during peak hours, when an energetic crowd (Fort Point Channel artsy types and Financial District worker bees) rolls in for the neighborhood's liveliest scene. - CitysearchContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Lucky's Lounge - Best Restaurants in Fort Point Channel ›
Lucky's Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (35)vibrant bar scene (26)good for groups (24)great for brunch (20)late-night find (18)hot spot (17)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)Show More
- Great ambienceHappygirlDined on 5/29/2014It was as if Frank Sinatra was going to walk in any minute! Great food, outstanding service! Fun and casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HawaiiFiveOhRomanticCoupleVIPDined on 5/19/2014We visited Boston and found ourselves looking for a quick meal at the last minute. The food was definitely a cut above standard bar fare. The clam chowder was excellent, and the salmon I had was good enough for a fine dining restaurant. Lively atmosphere--definitely a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date, Just a Beer, or Fab Prime RibGinaBambinaDined on 5/11/2014Visiting my best friend in Boston, she told me about Sinatra Sundays ($59 per couple for bottle of wine, app, and 2 entrees). Umm yes please! When I walked down a few steps to the basement type bar/lounge, I felt like I was sitting where the Rat Pack used to hang out. Great Sinatra cover band was singing in the background, dim setting, perfect for a date night, but also good to meet up with a friend for a beer after a long day. The prime rib special is included in this deal and I highly recommend it (not on menu). We had the calamari for the app and it had a little kick to it, but the sauce over top was amaze. The mashed potatoes and broccolini served with the prime rib were the perfect compliment to that dinner. AWESOME setting & food!Special Features:
- Jazz BrunchYUMgoodFOODDined on 5/11/2014The Jazz Brunch was great. The food was Great, the music Hot and the drinks Cold.Special Features:
- Love this placeYumyumDined on 4/26/2014Didn't eat but drinks were amazing! Live music was great and waitress was friendly and prompt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dont be fooled by the picOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014The pic gives off a more contemporary decor than is the reality. Decent bar scene, but likely not what you want if you're looking for good food or nice evening on a date. Comparable to the old Purple Shamrock without the irish music.Special Features:
- Fun place, great musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014Fun spot - recommended by someone who had gone to brunch, we went for dinner. Lots of good menu choices, loved the live Sinatra band. Bar was playing good music, then switched around 11:30 or so to more hiphop, etc. so called it a night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost perfectearsplittingDined on 4/12/2014Seated right on time, food was great, but way too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinner, not conversationKevinDined on 4/11/2014That's the one fatal flaw of Lucky's... on a busy night, the noise level is through the roof. It's a bit of a diamond in the rough - dimly lit and unmarked on the outside. All that said, the food and cocktails make it worthwhile, and it's easily one of your best options in the neighborhood. It seems that everyone I take there also enjoys what they order, so I'm speaking from more than just my opinion. I'll mention in particular that having lived in the Boston area for nearly 20 years, they have the best clam chowder I've ever had. Ever. Be warned: they have an impressive Sinatra band on Sunday nights, but you really don't want to be there unless that's specifically what you are going for. It makes the noise level even more unmanageable.Special Features:
- Ok, but not anxious to go backMnabttwnDined on 4/5/2014I like the location and the fact that it's not clearly marked by a sign lends an air of the speakeasy to it like you have to be in the know. The atmosphere was cool; walked in and a live band was playing Sinatra tunes. Staff was friendly across the board. Our table was ready for us at the time of our reservation. The place was really loud, though, making difficult for us to talk to each other, even across the table. Food was mediocre, unfortunately. My wife ordered a salad and didn't even finish it, as she found it tasteless and underdressed. Even the addition of a side of Balsamic didn't save it. Mini burgers were decent. The meat high quality, but too much bun and don't come with a side. Calamari was tasty if too sweet. Drinks were fine.Special Features:
- Food was fine...not wowedzdubuDined on 4/4/2014I go the fish and chips. it was a lot of food, and not that great. The batter was way too heavy. The drinks were oaky. The other food that we had was decent. It's a bar. It was bar food.Special Features:
- A bit loud but good food.Marlinspike51Dined on 4/4/2014Our wait staff was very good, we were seated as soon as we arrived which was our reservation time. We had great drinks which added to the fun of the evening. The best part of this night was that our hotel was just across the street.Special Features:
- Simple things done well.alwong2000VIPDined on 4/4/2014Not an overly fancy menu, but attention to detail. Unobtrusive service and food that tastes good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch menu - who knewOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2014Had lunch there last week. Was expecting a burger menu but it was much more. Had a mahi mahi sandwich that was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunch!vt2bostonVIPDined on 3/30/2014Was there for Sinatra Sunday and the guy on the mic sounded just like him. Ordered the steak and eggs and the huevos monterey at our table and both were excellent! Definitely a great brunch spot in Southie/Seaport.
- Very tasty Sunday brunch withTaz17VIPDined on 3/30/2014Very tasty Sunday brunch with great entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday brunchSarasamVIPDined on 3/29/2014Old school bar- good for breakfast or brunch. I imagine o fun scene when they have music ( which is often).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to Convention CenterLotorVIPDined on 3/26/2014This place is hard to find, below street level, but worth it. Not much affordable food around the Boston Convention Center. Lucky's Lounge was an oasis of reality: real food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise !!!SteveVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food was good, but it was comfort food that you can get anywhere else. Nothing special. They sat us at first in a squeeze in booth, and our party was of 6 people. Then after waiting for 1/2 hour the hostess realize that the rest of our party was in the bar area. We wanted to have dinner in the restaurant area as they had a band. We ended up by sitting with the rest of our party in the bar area, not hearing or seeing the band. Not sure they even played for that area as we heard bar music. Never again..
- Jeff T.JeffDined on 3/9/2014Fun, energetic and relaxing. Good atmosphere, band was a nice addition with soothing oldies and the service with Jessica was a nice way to round out the afternoon. She was personable and had a smile that made you fell welcome. Make a reservation if you are a larger group (6+) but noticed others didn't wait to long while waiting at the bar. We'll back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKmichelleDined on 3/9/2014I found the place to be nothing better than ordinary.Special Features:
- Wonderful food fair priceVtRangerDined on 2/22/2014Went there with my girl for Sinatra music and dinner. We had reservations but waited for a table by the band. Drinks at the bar 2 very well poored glasses of wine $20. Dinner started with calamari that was hot and spicy. She had the lobster ravioli and I had Mia. Followed by dessert. Drinks with dinner and then an after dinner drinks. All totaled $70 before tip and the food was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First BrunchAdryDined on 2/16/2014Great ambience, food was delicious, staff very attentive and great music.Special Features:
- fun family brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2014We took my mom here for her birthday brunch. I had my 10 old son with us. The brunch was very family friendly and everyone who attended loved the music and the food. I thought some of the dishes were great and others just so-so. The portions were huge. I'd definitely go back again. I had the jeuvos montery and loved it. Also I heard from others that the bloody marys were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch a Real DisappointmentellenDined on 2/9/2014I have not been to Lucky's for brunch in a year. I love the Frank Sinatra Trio that plays during brunch..that was the highlight of my meal. I got the french toast ( which i have had on 2 previous occasions ) it was only cooked on the outside....just like plain bread in the middle...and burnt on one side. The homefries were the worst i have ever had...the texture was pure mush & some spice which was terrible . I think they need a new chef & new recipe for some good old fashion home fries which should taste like real potato .
- Vibrant undergroundBarbDined on 1/31/2014Lucky's is a gem for certain occasions. I have gone for a couple dates before because there is always an upbeat vibe about the bar and the food is decent, though a little on the pricey side for what it is. I took my parent's there because it was the cheapest option for dinner in that neighborhood and we had a good time - I'm just lucky (ha) that my parent's aren't put off by loud bars and waitresses in short dresses.Special Features:
- Not our server's fault...BrewstaBoyVIPDined on 1/26/2014We had a meal on a recent "Sinatra Sunday Night." The place was hopping at 9:00, though most of the activity was on the bar side. We were seated on the dining room side and served right away, which is where our concern comes in: the entrees were served literally five minutes after our appetizer - a massive and delicious pu pu platter - had arrived. The skirt steak and ahi tuna were also terrific. Next time, the Southie Fried Chicken. Next time...and we will go back, only earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sliders!dreemoDined on 1/25/2014The sliders were delicious, both the burger and kobe sliders... sweet potato fries are really good too... And it's loud, but it's a fun and energetic place with no pretensions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time!PamelaDined on 1/19/2014A friend had been and mentioned the Sinatra Brunch several times. Well, he didn't rave enough! We loved it and will go again for brunch, lunch, dinner! It was fun, great music and good food :) What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Breakfast with SinatraSouthieChickDined on 1/19/2014Went here for sunday breakfast with Sinatra for a friends birthday and had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love SinatraLarryDined on 1/19/2014We enjoyed music and talented Sinatra singer . Ambiance and decor perfect. Bar a period piece from Frank's days. Good food/service.Special Features:
- Drinks yes, food no. IgnoreDanGVIPDined on 1/18/2014Drinks yes, food no. Ignore the glowing reviews from people for whom a dive bar is a Big Night Out. The celebrated sliders are one (very small) step above White Castle. Have a drink, interact with a wonderfully friendly staff, and then go to a real restaurant.
- Southie Fried Chicken!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/16/2014This joint has an amazing fried chicken. Omg. Beer selection is just ok, it has a handful of solid mid-market craft beers but nothing truly unique. Doesn't matter tho, this place has awesome food and just the right balance between underground dank and hipness that results in a very cool vibe. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Lucky to have found "Luckys"RickDined on 1/12/2014Had a great time at the Sunday Sinatra brunch. Staff was so great and my family and I had such a great time. A big thank you to all of the staff at Luckys! Great food, drinks and fantastic music. What more could you ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lower your expectationscassgoesVIPDined on 1/12/2014I've been to Lucky's a dozen or so times. The food has always been mediocre or worse. The service is mediocre or worse. It smells like a locker room and a chlorinated pool in there. I've always gone for lunch or drinks, but thought I'd give their Sinatra Brunch a try last Sunday, figuring that brunch is pretty difficult to do poorly. I was wrong. About half my table finished their meals, and half barely touched them after the first couple bites. Won't be bothering with this place again.Special Features:
- Good musicBeansDined on 1/10/2014The food was ok, but they have the best Calamari I have had so far. The band playing Classic Yellow made my Friday night. The band was my most favorite part of the night. The place seems popular as people were coming in nonstop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love sinatra saturday night!casemanDined on 1/4/2014The band was great. The food great. The drinks were awesome. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for brunch and lunchChaz196VIPDined on 12/22/2013Good place for lunch and brunch. Steak and Egg brunch is excellent when not overcooked (medium can range from medium to medium well+). Sausage paddies that come with French Toast are VERY VERY salty. Pulled pork sandwich is very good. Service quality ranges depending on server.Special Features:
- good spotDecosunDined on 12/15/2013This was our first time there for brunch and were very happy with every thing. Service was great food was awesome. Great drinks music and atmosphere all enjoyable. Will remember to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky at Luckys!FoooooooodDined on 12/13/2013We went here to see live music and have dinner and it was a great time. The food and service were good and after dinner the place was rocking! Good drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.