355 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Fort Point Channel
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luckyslounge.com/
- Phone: 6173575825
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00am, Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Lucas Beardslee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Event Menu available for large groups and off site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Lucky's is the perfect location for after work gatherings, birthday parties, holiday events and much more! We'll customize a special occasion for your friends family or co-workers. Please call restaurant for more information.
- Entertainment: Thursdays & Friday Nights: Boston's Best Cover Bands perform in our lounge 10pm. Saturdays: Sinatra Show featuring Adam Herbert 7-10pm in the dining room and DJ Johnny Dow 10pm - close in the lounge Sundays: Sinatra Sundays with live Sinatra Tributes featuring Ron Poster 11am - 2pm and Adam Herbert 8pm - 12 midnight.
- Special Events: Lucky's is a great place to host your next office happy hour, birthday night out, game day viewing party or baby shower brunch. Private and non-private space is available.
A word from Lucky's Lounge
Descending the stairs into Lucky's is like stepping through a portal into a swinging hipster lounge straight out of the '50s. Dim red lighting washes a rowdy vinyl-upholstered dining room, which is separate from the long narrow bar. Sardine-like conditions are the norm during peak hours, when an energetic crowd (Fort Point Channel artsy types and Financial District worker bees) rolls in for the neighborhood's liveliest scene. - CitysearchContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Lucky's Lounge - Best Restaurants in Fort Point Channel ›
Lucky's Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)great for brunch (29)late-night find (25)vibrant bar scene (23)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (11)romantic (9)special occasion (9)great for lunch (8)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fan of Sinatra SundayKingDined on 8/24/2014This was so fun-the food, the location, well done special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Great food, wonderful staff. Fun themed menu with that great picture of ole blue eyes looking down at you. What a gem, so pleased I found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good food, nice jazzYuriyGVIPDined on 8/17/2014Really didn't expect to be raving about the food here but whoever is in the kitchen here knows what they are doing. Summer salmon dish was phenomenal, with wonderful dressing, beautiful seasoning on the veggies and a great cook on the salmon itself. Same goes for the steak - the stuffed tomato was well executed and good flavors all around. The coconut kafir lime shrimp appetizer was an interesting dish too. Jazz show on Sundays is nice as well, and the lounge is much more romantic / the place to be, no question (we did not know this and were not seated there).Special Features:
- ComfortableLobstahVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great bar, good food and live entertainment, perfect combinations. Sinatra cover band very good albeit limited songs in each short set. Stout drinks, good menu selection. Sliders and meatloaf excellent. Fun experience. Must have been 90 degrees inside though, very uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Boston FindhiddengemDined on 8/3/2014We went to Lucky's, during a recent visit to Boston, on the recommendation of our daughter. We enjoyed a delicious Sunday breakfast complete with cocktails. To make the morning even more pleasant, we had the pleasure of listening to a combo performing Sinatra. Lucky's is indeed a hidden gem, a little hard to find as there is no signage but well worth the effort.Special Features:
- Great Brunch with Sinatra music....lawgenieDined on 7/27/2014For those of you that enjoy Sinatra music and want Sunday brunch don't miss out on Lucky's. They have a great brunch to choose from and you can either seat dance to Sinatra or take the floor. It is fun for couples and/or group....Special Features:
- Vintage deliciousnessFoodie6VIPDined on 7/25/2014This place is very cool - great cocktails, great beer list, great food! My husband and I started with the kobe sliders, which were cooked perfectly (about medium), served with a quail egg on top - swoon! Then the fried pickles, enough to feed a party of 10! I had the caesar salad which had a fresh light dressing on it - our server was lovely and even surprised me with an extra dish of the white anchovies, yum! Overall this place is amazing. Cannot wait to go back to try the famous brunch, or even for cocktails at the bar.Special Features:
- Great dinner!jackieDined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Lucky's Lounge immensely! the prime rib was to die for! Our waitress was amazung, very attentive! would definitely recommend Lucky's to anyone!Special Features:
- Eclectic menuSamanthaDined on 6/28/2014Deviled eggs on the appetizer menu? Yes, please! Food overall was delicious (I had the meatloaf), with some really fun takes on classics.Special Features:
- murphymurphyVIPDined on 6/22/2014great place for brunch good selections and prices the huevos monterey is my favorite however the marilyn's omelet had undercooked greens with girt sevice was friendly and efficient must make reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014It was very warm in there, we could barely stay for dinner. The lounge singerhad a geat voice but I wish he was dressed the part. The service was excellent, food was ok.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014It was hard to find the restaurant at first. It's in the basement of a big brick building. The entrance is on the corner, down some dark stairs and you're not even sure if it's the right place but it is. Not many signs except for a sandwich board on the sidewalk. Wood paneling inside and tacky decor felt like someone's basement circa 1970s. Looks like it hasn't been updated but maybe they like it that way. French fries were amazing. My bacon mushroom burger was average. Cocktails were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service, very good foodklbcruisingDined on 6/2/20143 of us were there on a quiet Monday night. The server/bartender was wonderful. We had so much fun and super service. I had the classic iceberg wedge with skirt steak which was very good. 1 person had the same salad but with chicken and she also really enjoyed it. The other person had the Kobe sliders on the recommendation of our server and she generously shared one with us. It was absolutely delicious. He was so right with the recommendation. We all shared an order of the truffle fries and they were very good. Fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pluslovestoeatDined on 6/1/2014Lucky's never changes...in a good way! The funky decor, Sinatra brunch, and the amazing food and drinks. You have to have the french toast,it's delicious and will be your only meal that day!!Special Features:
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Celebrated a birthday brunch. Although service was on the slow side, the retro decor was great. The singer and 3 piece band belting out Sinatra tunes were awesome--and they take requests. Typical brunch menu was spot on. Nice time. Would recommend for a special occasion or a drink while one listens to the classics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot !OutandaboutDined on 5/31/2014Lucky's always is a great experience . Food was fantastic and portions were ample. Highly recommend it and will be back real soon .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ACBF sat day sessionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014went here for brunch and it took over to get our meals. They were not prepared for ACBFSpecial Features:
- Great ambienceHappygirlDined on 5/29/2014It was as if Frank Sinatra was going to walk in any minute! Great food, outstanding service! Fun and casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HawaiiFiveOhRomanticCoupleDined on 5/19/2014We visited Boston and found ourselves looking for a quick meal at the last minute. The food was definitely a cut above standard bar fare. The clam chowder was excellent, and the salmon I had was good enough for a fine dining restaurant. Lively atmosphere--definitely a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date, Just a Beer, or Fab Prime RibGinaBambinaDined on 5/11/2014Visiting my best friend in Boston, she told me about Sinatra Sundays ($59 per couple for bottle of wine, app, and 2 entrees). Umm yes please! When I walked down a few steps to the basement type bar/lounge, I felt like I was sitting where the Rat Pack used to hang out. Great Sinatra cover band was singing in the background, dim setting, perfect for a date night, but also good to meet up with a friend for a beer after a long day. The prime rib special is included in this deal and I highly recommend it (not on menu). We had the calamari for the app and it had a little kick to it, but the sauce over top was amaze. The mashed potatoes and broccolini served with the prime rib were the perfect compliment to that dinner. AWESOME setting & food!Special Features:
- Jazz BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The Jazz Brunch was great. The food was Great, the music Hot and the drinks Cold.Special Features:
- The following 369 reviews are from the Lucky's Lounge reviews archive.
- Love this placeYumyumDined on 4/26/2014Didn't eat but drinks were amazing! Live music was great and waitress was friendly and prompt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dont be fooled by the picOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014The pic gives off a more contemporary decor than is the reality. Decent bar scene, but likely not what you want if you're looking for good food or nice evening on a date. Comparable to the old Purple Shamrock without the irish music.Special Features:
- Fun place, great musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014Fun spot - recommended by someone who had gone to brunch, we went for dinner. Lots of good menu choices, loved the live Sinatra band. Bar was playing good music, then switched around 11:30 or so to more hiphop, etc. so called it a night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost perfectearsplittingDined on 4/12/2014Seated right on time, food was great, but way too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinner, not conversationKevinDined on 4/11/2014That's the one fatal flaw of Lucky's... on a busy night, the noise level is through the roof. It's a bit of a diamond in the rough - dimly lit and unmarked on the outside. All that said, the food and cocktails make it worthwhile, and it's easily one of your best options in the neighborhood. It seems that everyone I take there also enjoys what they order, so I'm speaking from more than just my opinion. I'll mention in particular that having lived in the Boston area for nearly 20 years, they have the best clam chowder I've ever had. Ever. Be warned: they have an impressive Sinatra band on Sunday nights, but you really don't want to be there unless that's specifically what you are going for. It makes the noise level even more unmanageable.Special Features:
- Ok, but not anxious to go backMnabttwnDined on 4/5/2014I like the location and the fact that it's not clearly marked by a sign lends an air of the speakeasy to it like you have to be in the know. The atmosphere was cool; walked in and a live band was playing Sinatra tunes. Staff was friendly across the board. Our table was ready for us at the time of our reservation. The place was really loud, though, making difficult for us to talk to each other, even across the table. Food was mediocre, unfortunately. My wife ordered a salad and didn't even finish it, as she found it tasteless and underdressed. Even the addition of a side of Balsamic didn't save it. Mini burgers were decent. The meat high quality, but too much bun and don't come with a side. Calamari was tasty if too sweet. Drinks were fine.Special Features:
- Food was fine...not wowedzdubuDined on 4/4/2014I go the fish and chips. it was a lot of food, and not that great. The batter was way too heavy. The drinks were oaky. The other food that we had was decent. It's a bar. It was bar food.Special Features:
- A bit loud but good food.Marlinspike51Dined on 4/4/2014Our wait staff was very good, we were seated as soon as we arrived which was our reservation time. We had great drinks which added to the fun of the evening. The best part of this night was that our hotel was just across the street.Special Features:
- Simple things done well.alwong2000VIPDined on 4/4/2014Not an overly fancy menu, but attention to detail. Unobtrusive service and food that tastes good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch menu - who knewOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2014Had lunch there last week. Was expecting a burger menu but it was much more. Had a mahi mahi sandwich that was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunch!vt2bostonVIPDined on 3/30/2014Was there for Sinatra Sunday and the guy on the mic sounded just like him. Ordered the steak and eggs and the huevos monterey at our table and both were excellent! Definitely a great brunch spot in Southie/Seaport.
- Very tasty Sunday brunch withTaz17VIPDined on 3/30/2014Very tasty Sunday brunch with great entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday brunchSarasamVIPDined on 3/29/2014Old school bar- good for breakfast or brunch. I imagine o fun scene when they have music ( which is often).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to Convention CenterLotorVIPDined on 3/26/2014This place is hard to find, below street level, but worth it. Not much affordable food around the Boston Convention Center. Lucky's Lounge was an oasis of reality: real food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise !!!SteveVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food was good, but it was comfort food that you can get anywhere else. Nothing special. They sat us at first in a squeeze in booth, and our party was of 6 people. Then after waiting for 1/2 hour the hostess realize that the rest of our party was in the bar area. We wanted to have dinner in the restaurant area as they had a band. We ended up by sitting with the rest of our party in the bar area, not hearing or seeing the band. Not sure they even played for that area as we heard bar music. Never again..
- Jeff T.JeffDined on 3/9/2014Fun, energetic and relaxing. Good atmosphere, band was a nice addition with soothing oldies and the service with Jessica was a nice way to round out the afternoon. She was personable and had a smile that made you fell welcome. Make a reservation if you are a larger group (6+) but noticed others didn't wait to long while waiting at the bar. We'll back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKmichelleDined on 3/9/2014I found the place to be nothing better than ordinary.Special Features:
- Wonderful food fair priceVtRangerDined on 2/22/2014Went there with my girl for Sinatra music and dinner. We had reservations but waited for a table by the band. Drinks at the bar 2 very well poored glasses of wine $20. Dinner started with calamari that was hot and spicy. She had the lobster ravioli and I had Mia. Followed by dessert. Drinks with dinner and then an after dinner drinks. All totaled $70 before tip and the food was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First BrunchAdryDined on 2/16/2014Great ambience, food was delicious, staff very attentive and great music.Special Features: