Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar
841 William Hilton Pkwy
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luckyroosterhhi.com/
- Phone: 8436813474
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Sunday: 4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Clayton Rollison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar
An American Bistro with a Southern Soul!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (73)neighborhood gem (53)special occasion (33)notable wine list (30)vibrant bar scene (24)good for groups (21)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (20)romantic (17)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Everything we had was great!DrewPDined on 9/16/2014No complaints at all. Wonderful meal, great wine and good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining option on HHIHHIResidentDined on 9/13/2014I dined at the Lucky Rooster three times now and each time it's been terrific. The menu is unique, wine list substantial, and service is top notch. You can't go wrong choosing this restaurant if you are looking for good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not missGoodeaterDined on 9/12/2014Great restaurant. In my experience the best on HH. Great food and service.Special Features:
- DestinationBigredmomDined on 9/11/2014Truly enjoyed the fresh/local touches and the creativity of the food . Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety on menuJoblewDined on 9/11/2014You can check out our review on TripAdvisor, under Jo Blew from PA.We thoroughly enjoyed our evening dinner at Lucky Rooster. Wishing you success, we will return on our next trip to HHI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walked out before dinner was doneNewportbummerVIPDined on 9/3/2014They are known mostly for wine, my husband is diabetic, I have an allergy to nitrates so we Did not order wine. This seemed to upset our waiter and he was very rude to us, short when explaining specials, no interest in what I guess he assumed a cheep table. Got tired of the rudeness and left. Ate at Alfred's the next night and had an amazing meal, skip Lucky Rooster and visit Alfred'sSpecial Features:
- Great change of pacedryanmillerVIPDined on 9/2/2014We recently dined at Lucky Rooster and loved it. The food, service, and atmosphere were excellent and a nice change of pace from all of the other Hilton Head restaurants. The menu was interesting and there were so many great options. The drink list was the exact same. We highly recommend it and look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Really good food in Hilton HeadOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant was really outstanding food wise. Decor is more like a bistro and that works well at the beach because you are always wearing dress shorts. We enjoyed a dinner with our friends and had some great octopus salad, Jalapeno Cornbread, Watermelon Salad, and Cobia. The prices were good at 22-34 for entrees. We will go again because this restaurant has a lot going on in its menu. We never have understood Hilton Head. You are on vacation and looking for good food and in many of the restaurants the food turns out to be meh. Not so here. Lucky Rooster can stand with any of the best restaurants on the Island and in the Triangle area of North Carolina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here!dineNdashVIPDined on 8/21/2014We absolutely loved it here! The Jalepeno cornbread was amazing, especially with the honey and butter to put on top. Dinner was outstanding, as I had the vegetable farro salad, and my partner got the shrimp and grits. Our server, Will, was especially friendly and attentive. This restaurant was so focused on its guests, that the chef even came out after each course to check that you enjoyed what he made. What a nice touch!Special Features:
- Awesome!HarryDined on 8/20/2014Best restaurant in Hilton Head! Best value and best service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaniulkaDined on 8/20/2014Very bad service. It was my daughter 35 th bday and she picked this restaurant. And after dinner she said it was the worst dinning experience.
- new findGuest17Dined on 8/16/2014first time here! really enjoyed the commitment to local ingredients on the menu. the food was excellent, but was $3-5 more expensive for appetizers and meal than other restaurants on the island. would like to see the restaurant pick up more customers (didn't have very many customers until 7/7:30 pm), because the food and service was excellent. attention to detail and service was great. food as good as wise guys, but more local and slightly more casual. i recommend, and i'd like to go back. [menu note: the tomato toybox salad was excellent with housemade burrata. bar food jalapeno cornbread was finer grain than other restaurants and was delicious). french press coffee is a nice touch, and dessert key lime pie in a jar TWO THUMBS UP]Special Features:
- Lucky usEmptynesterVIPDined on 8/14/2014Happened to stumble upon lucky rooster and went back twice in the same week. By far the best restaurant in hilton head. Every meal was delicious and interesting. Comparable to food you would find in charleston or major cities. Fine dining and not much more expensive than hilton head beach meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food outstanding, service lackingGertDined on 8/13/2014Fun atmosphere Neat concept Chef visited table- awesome Great Moscow mules Prices reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good!Jlprice77VIPDined on 8/9/2014This was my 3rd visit to the Lucky Rooster. The host was great and had our table ready even though we were early for the reservation. Our waiter was great. Our apps were fabulous...bone marrow and meatballs. The entrees were good. Fish was great steak just ok. Dessert was a delicious plum and peach crumble. I was still impressed and we will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...small portions.KeithDined on 8/7/2014The food was excellent, and the chef is creative and the seafood is fresh ... but portions are small and a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome addition to townLagputterDined on 8/6/2014This was our first meal at Lucky Rooster, but it won't be the last. Pleasantly surprised at the "white tablecloth" service. The menu is quite creative. Don't miss the house-made mozzarella! Variety of fresh land and seafood items to satisfy every craving. Well chosen wine list. Our server was a longtime server on the Hilton Head scene and he (Steve) made our evening more enjoyable. They did a good job of handling many families with children without taking away from our adult enjoyment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedppryVIPDined on 8/5/2014We heard a number of good things about this restaurant but overall we were unimpressed. The menu was a bit strange as was the vegetable sides. Décor was boring.
- Great!LouGDined on 8/5/2014We loved Lucky Rooster and went two times in a week. We had a variety of appetizers and entrees and loved every one. Fried green tomatoes, crab cakes, chicken, shrimp and grits and two fish dishes. Every item was fresh and flavorful. The service was great and our waiter from the first night recognized us on our second visit and stopped by to see how everything was. One item I wish I would have tried is the prime rib for two. The table next to us ordered it and it looked fantastic. Maybe next trip down. Highly recommend!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DaisygirlVIPDined on 8/3/2014We read the great reviews and tried this restaurant tonight. The dinner choices were different than the usual fare, and exceeded our expectations. We will return.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014We were very happy with our visit. Service was good and really liked the food.Special Features:
- Exceeded the hypefoodieKDined on 7/25/2014Everyone at the table gushed over each dish. Excellent, memorable food. Service could not have been better. Just excellent all around. Casual, comfortable ambience with a five star meal.Special Features:
- southern cooking with a flairGirlMom68VIPDined on 7/22/2014this was our first time at the Lucky Rooster, and I believe we were the "lucky" ones. everything about this dinner was outstanding -- from the incredible menu to the outstanding service. The fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, the filet, short ribs and the incredible sundae with homemade peanut butter ice cream with toasted marshmellow and potato chips (also had a sample of the captain crunch ice cream -- yum)- to die for. I also appreciated that they had items which my kids enjoyed, and the prices were reasonable. We will be back on our next vacation to Hilton Head. Just a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Good Southern Food!dinner1Dined on 7/19/2014We were greated with wonderful service at the door as we check in and lead to our table. The drink list offered a nice combo, and included a good wine and draft beer selection. We ordered the shrimp and cheese grits dinner and the sirlion burger with parmesan fries. Both entrees were very good and hearty. The shrimp were very fresh and finished perfectly. This restaurant is a nice new addition to the island, and not to be missed!Special Features:
- No it's not Deep Fried ChickenIslandDuxVIPDined on 7/18/2014Looking at the name Lucky Rooster we thought this might be some kind of Fast Food chicken outlet whereas in fact, it's a great new addition to Hilton Head's restaurant scene. The menu consists of Southern cooking meets French cooking and we really enjoyed everything we ordered. The maître is very welcoming and the atmosphere just right. So don't be put off by the name, it's a great restaurant with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining. Fun Crowd.HHIfoodieVIPDined on 7/18/2014What a great new find! Fine dining in a relaxed fun atmosphere. The menu selections are fresh and interesting--not the same-old. Great service, not rushed but very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best dining on the Island!BobbyKDined on 7/18/2014After a second visit last Friday, I'm convinced that the LR is the best dining spot in the Island. Together with the top flight drinks, the innovative menu and great cooking, the Lucky Rooster continues to impress! Don't miss an opportunity to dine there and enjoy one of the specialty cocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WLEODined on 7/15/2014An outstanding gem with very current ingredients and super recipes and plating. Great chef and staff with no pretension. Rivals the best cuisine in any major culinary city.Special Features:
- Fifth visit.OldFashionedDined on 7/11/2014A favorite "go-to" restaurant for us. Great food (not too much), extensive beer menu, well-made mixed drinks and great staff.Special Features:
- Disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014First the good: Our reservation was recognized on time. We were given a nice table by the window and assigned a pleasant, well trained server. She was very attentive as the entrees took an excessive amount of time to come out of the kitchen. Unfortunately, the food did not live up to the positive reviews in my opinion. My snapper entree did not taste fresh and was served cold. In addition, I thought the flavors were poorly developed and at times unpleasant. The chef was trying to be ambitious, which is admirable, but the ingredients and execution were severely lacking. The restaurant handled the problem professionally by substituting an adequate seafood bisque- but a very disappointing experience overall.
- Great Addition to HHITweakieVIPDined on 7/10/2014In the space that once housed Lone Star we now have Lucky Rooster--and it is a great improvement ! The decor is comfortable and the menu changes based on what is available . The black eyed pea hummus was a disappointing start (it was very hard for the accompanying chips ) but the main courses are among the best I've eaten on the island --the beef short ribs, shrimp & grits, catfish and snapper & bean salad we all outstanding. My only complaint was a server that disappeared for long periods--I am looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky findHHIfoodiesDined on 7/5/2014This was the first time we dined at the Lucky Rooster, but definitely not our last. Between the four of us we tried three appetizers, three entrees, and a dessert. Our selections included a wide variety of main ingredients from steak tartar, scallops, shrimp, and tuna to peanut butter. We all agreed that each of our choices was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good entreesHHIJimDined on 7/5/2014Entrees were great, but the salad selection was a bit weak. We couldn't get a simple dinner salad or caesar salad to start. I had the Short ribs which were awesome. My wife had the shrimp and grits. She loved them. Oh, and you have to ask for bread too.Special Features:
- timothyDined on 7/2/2014our 1st time here, and had a wonderful experience!!!very eclectic menu, with unusual combos that rally were excellent. catfish was perfect and flavors/preparation really stood out. recommending to all my friends and will b backSpecial Features:
- slurpette2VIPDined on 6/29/2014Stumbled upon this restaurant in Hilton Head. What a delightful surprise! We were greeted warmly, offered inventive food options and a nice wine selection. Can't wait to return and try more selections. What a gem of a restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/28/2014Absolutely love the restaurant. Food is some of the best we have had in HiltonHead. Will frequest the place often.Food, service, etc. EXCELLENTSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/27/2014I read several rave reviews about this restaurant and was excited about going. Once there it had a rather plain atmosphere but more importantly the service was poor/slow. It took 45 minutes for our order to come from the kitchen. It was quite expensive for the quality of the food. I had to ask someone other than our waiter for the bill because he was no where to be found and then it took quite a while to get them to take the payment.
- Creativity at its bestDHL1Dined on 6/26/2014The Chef/Owner has created one of the most marvelous productions of food. Just excellent!Special Features:
- OutstandingOnemoreBostonyelperVIPDined on 6/26/2014Creative, fresh, exciting menu. Engaging, knowledgable staff. This place is an absolute gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Restauranttfisch100Dined on 6/24/2014I have been vacationing annually on Hilton Head Island for more than 20 years and always keep a look out for new restaurants. We found a gem in the Lucky Rooster. The food was fantastic. From the hamburger to the tuna filet to the beef tartare, it was all good. The service and menu knowledge of our waiter, A. J. was excellent and a reminder of how good service can be. The Lucky Rooster is now my favorite HHI restaurant and will be a staple of all my visits to the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.