Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar
841 William Hilton Pkwy
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luckyroosterhhi.com/
- Phone: 8436813474
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Sunday: 4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Clayton Rollison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar
An American Bistro with a Southern Soul!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)neighborhood gem (50)notable wine list (33)special occasion (30)good for groups (26)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (15)romantic (15)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Crazy good foodAbsoluteFoodDined on 10/17/2014This is by far the most unique and intesesting food on the island. The combination of flavors can only be described as art-like. Clearly a craft that is unmatched in most major cities. If you like plain, traditional food then stick to diners and Italian cafés. If you want to expand your palette, this place is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it :)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014We love everything about lucky rooster. Especially the deviled eggs and short ribs. The desserts always seemed a little too much for me, but at the end of our meal, the table next to us got up to leave, and stopped by our table to insist we try the brownie dessert. They said it was "the best they've ever had in their life." So we took their word for it, and now... We'd have to agree :)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great everythingjammysjamDined on 10/15/2014Great selection of wine options & cocktails. Inventive and delicious appetizers & entrees. Be sure to leave room for all the amazing dessert options! Definitely will be back regularly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodYachtCoveDuoDined on 10/14/2014Arrived with a slight wait to be seated due to a menu shortage but the issue was quickly resolved. Comfortable booth and quickly visited by wait staff. Eclectic menu with limited but select bar offerings. Starters and entrees were delicious, perfectly prepared and appropriately sized - desserts were great but oversized (I would share next time). Looking forward to returning :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal of our vacationDuckDined on 10/14/2014Absolutely wonderful meal, fried greenTomatoes superb. The shrimp and grits were creamy and bursting with taste. The only thing lacking was more ice cream on the desert.Special Features:
- Wonderfully eclecticcrgdiningDined on 10/11/2014Just enough comfort paired with just enough eclectic flavoring. It was an outstanding meal, we will be back!Special Features:
- Great food, ok service.Winesnob69Dined on 10/10/2014We were impressed by the fresh ingredients and thoughtful perpetration of the food and thoroughly enjoyed our meal, however, the server did not seem seem very enthusiastic which made the service a little weird. Overall we enjoyed Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar and would return when in Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talented chefBabbittDined on 10/8/2014Chef Rollison has a special knack with flavor pairings. His dishes have an interesting and imaginative flair. I have never been to a better restaurant. Excellent wine list and the staff is very knowledgable about them. We had a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/5/2014We were pleasantly by how fantastic the food was. When you walk in, it is an unassuming establishment but from the first drink (Moscow Mules) to dessert (pumpkin ice cream with salted peanuts and pumpkin chips) it was a food experience. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great New Restaurantfoodlovers4VIPDined on 10/5/2014This is a restaurant that understands service while trying to establish themsleves on the Island. The managers or owners made their presence known by delivering excellent service and making sure the wait staff was attentive and the kitchen delivered very good food. I had the cornmeal crusted catfish and my dining companion had the shrimp and grits, both very well presented and enjoyable. Their low country cuisine is true to the area.Special Features:
- mj26Dined on 10/5/2014Found menu very limiting. Wine and beer selections larger than food selections. Had short ribs because of limited menu. They were tender just too rich for my taste.Special Features:
- DocTomDocTomVIPDined on 10/3/2014Wonderful dinner from appetizer to dessert with excellent service our first time there. It was so good we came back again four nights later for a repeat performance and it was just as good.Special Features:
- not greatsamiDined on 9/30/2014I really expected more from this relatively new restaurant. It was my first and last time. Service was poor, noise was a problem, and the food was only so so. I was disappointed.
- surprise yourselfavocatVIPDined on 9/23/2014I am not from HH. I dined here three times this week. Had 6 dishes. Two get special shouts out. The octopus was fantastic. Dressed perfectly with quivering poached egg and olive tapenade. I nearly swooned over the shrimp, calamari, chorizo in butter sauce with almonds and pickled onions. Bread to soak up the rich sauce dripping of the chorizo. The wine: a glass of chante-alouette white. Subtle yet somehow still fireworks. Worth every penny. Nothing better in the low country. Chef Rollison is a local boy done good, who graduated Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park. The gold standard. His kitchen is tight, even when he is away tending to his family. I will go again and again when I get to go to this lovely part of the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitMacDinerVIPDined on 9/23/2014Beautiful presentation of food and the choices were very delicious....we did opt for the sockeye and were disappointed but not the fault of the kitchen or restaurant....poor choice on our part. Will return again and again as the restaurant has much to offer and an electic menu.....Brendon was a great resource and very attentive to our needs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serious Food in Hilton Head: Go!JayHiDined on 9/19/2014We love Hilton Head, but the food has always been hit or miss. Beyond traditional seafood, finding thoughtful, interesting food in HHI has been tough. Lucky Rooster is a breath of fresh air. Fantastic, well-considered, clever menu, and everything was perfectly executed. Fab cocktail and wine lists. Fried Chicken Skins (with Hot Honey) and oysters on the half started our meal: delicious, mouthwatering bites. Appetizers: Pork Steam Buns were amazing, and the Steak Tartare was outstanding. Awesome entrees. Desserts didn't disappoint either. Really hope the folks behind Lucky Rooster keep up the good work. Hilton Head deserves a restaurant as good as this. Tourists and locals alike should flock to this place. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencePRMADNADined on 9/19/2014We had tried it when it first opened and they had some issues. They have definitely got the kinks worked out! Service was friendly and fast and the food was wonderful!! Back on the list for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we had was great!DrewPDined on 9/16/2014No complaints at all. Wonderful meal, great wine and good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining option on HHIHHIResidentDined on 9/13/2014I dined at the Lucky Rooster three times now and each time it's been terrific. The menu is unique, wine list substantial, and service is top notch. You can't go wrong choosing this restaurant if you are looking for good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not missGoodeaterDined on 9/12/2014Great restaurant. In my experience the best on HH. Great food and service.Special Features:
- DestinationBigredmomDined on 9/11/2014Truly enjoyed the fresh/local touches and the creativity of the food . Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety on menuJoblewDined on 9/11/2014You can check out our review on TripAdvisor, under Jo Blew from PA.We thoroughly enjoyed our evening dinner at Lucky Rooster. Wishing you success, we will return on our next trip to HHI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walked out before dinner was doneNewportbummerVIPDined on 9/3/2014They are known mostly for wine, my husband is diabetic, I have an allergy to nitrates so we Did not order wine. This seemed to upset our waiter and he was very rude to us, short when explaining specials, no interest in what I guess he assumed a cheep table. Got tired of the rudeness and left. Ate at Alfred's the next night and had an amazing meal, skip Lucky Rooster and visit Alfred'sSpecial Features:
- Great change of pacedryanmillerVIPDined on 9/2/2014We recently dined at Lucky Rooster and loved it. The food, service, and atmosphere were excellent and a nice change of pace from all of the other Hilton Head restaurants. The menu was interesting and there were so many great options. The drink list was the exact same. We highly recommend it and look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Really good food in Hilton HeadOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant was really outstanding food wise. Decor is more like a bistro and that works well at the beach because you are always wearing dress shorts. We enjoyed a dinner with our friends and had some great octopus salad, Jalapeno Cornbread, Watermelon Salad, and Cobia. The prices were good at 22-34 for entrees. We will go again because this restaurant has a lot going on in its menu. We never have understood Hilton Head. You are on vacation and looking for good food and in many of the restaurants the food turns out to be meh. Not so here. Lucky Rooster can stand with any of the best restaurants on the Island and in the Triangle area of North Carolina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here!dineNdashVIPDined on 8/21/2014We absolutely loved it here! The Jalepeno cornbread was amazing, especially with the honey and butter to put on top. Dinner was outstanding, as I had the vegetable farro salad, and my partner got the shrimp and grits. Our server, Will, was especially friendly and attentive. This restaurant was so focused on its guests, that the chef even came out after each course to check that you enjoyed what he made. What a nice touch!Special Features:
- Awesome!HarryDined on 8/20/2014Best restaurant in Hilton Head! Best value and best service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaniulkaDined on 8/20/2014Very bad service. It was my daughter 35 th bday and she picked this restaurant. And after dinner she said it was the worst dinning experience.
- new findGuest17Dined on 8/16/2014first time here! really enjoyed the commitment to local ingredients on the menu. the food was excellent, but was $3-5 more expensive for appetizers and meal than other restaurants on the island. would like to see the restaurant pick up more customers (didn't have very many customers until 7/7:30 pm), because the food and service was excellent. attention to detail and service was great. food as good as wise guys, but more local and slightly more casual. i recommend, and i'd like to go back. [menu note: the tomato toybox salad was excellent with housemade burrata. bar food jalapeno cornbread was finer grain than other restaurants and was delicious). french press coffee is a nice touch, and dessert key lime pie in a jar TWO THUMBS UP]Special Features:
- Lucky usEmptynesterVIPDined on 8/14/2014Happened to stumble upon lucky rooster and went back twice in the same week. By far the best restaurant in hilton head. Every meal was delicious and interesting. Comparable to food you would find in charleston or major cities. Fine dining and not much more expensive than hilton head beach meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food outstanding, service lackingGertDined on 8/13/2014Fun atmosphere Neat concept Chef visited table- awesome Great Moscow mules Prices reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good!Jlprice77VIPDined on 8/9/2014This was my 3rd visit to the Lucky Rooster. The host was great and had our table ready even though we were early for the reservation. Our waiter was great. Our apps were fabulous...bone marrow and meatballs. The entrees were good. Fish was great steak just ok. Dessert was a delicious plum and peach crumble. I was still impressed and we will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...small portions.KeithVIPDined on 8/7/2014The food was excellent, and the chef is creative and the seafood is fresh ... but portions are small and a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome addition to townLagputterDined on 8/6/2014This was our first meal at Lucky Rooster, but it won't be the last. Pleasantly surprised at the "white tablecloth" service. The menu is quite creative. Don't miss the house-made mozzarella! Variety of fresh land and seafood items to satisfy every craving. Well chosen wine list. Our server was a longtime server on the Hilton Head scene and he (Steve) made our evening more enjoyable. They did a good job of handling many families with children without taking away from our adult enjoyment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedppryVIPDined on 8/5/2014We heard a number of good things about this restaurant but overall we were unimpressed. The menu was a bit strange as was the vegetable sides. Décor was boring.
- Great!LouGDined on 8/5/2014We loved Lucky Rooster and went two times in a week. We had a variety of appetizers and entrees and loved every one. Fried green tomatoes, crab cakes, chicken, shrimp and grits and two fish dishes. Every item was fresh and flavorful. The service was great and our waiter from the first night recognized us on our second visit and stopped by to see how everything was. One item I wish I would have tried is the prime rib for two. The table next to us ordered it and it looked fantastic. Maybe next trip down. Highly recommend!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DaisygirlVIPDined on 8/3/2014We read the great reviews and tried this restaurant tonight. The dinner choices were different than the usual fare, and exceeded our expectations. We will return.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014We were very happy with our visit. Service was good and really liked the food.Special Features:
- Exceeded the hypefoodieKDined on 7/25/2014Everyone at the table gushed over each dish. Excellent, memorable food. Service could not have been better. Just excellent all around. Casual, comfortable ambience with a five star meal.Special Features:
- southern cooking with a flairGirlMom68VIPDined on 7/22/2014this was our first time at the Lucky Rooster, and I believe we were the "lucky" ones. everything about this dinner was outstanding -- from the incredible menu to the outstanding service. The fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, the filet, short ribs and the incredible sundae with homemade peanut butter ice cream with toasted marshmellow and potato chips (also had a sample of the captain crunch ice cream -- yum)- to die for. I also appreciated that they had items which my kids enjoyed, and the prices were reasonable. We will be back on our next vacation to Hilton Head. Just a wonderful evening.Special Features: