Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar
841 William Hilton Pkwy
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luckyroosterhhi.com/
- Phone: 8436813474
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Sunday: 4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Clayton Rollison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar
An American Bistro with a Southern Soul!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)neighborhood gem (53)special occasion (34)notable wine list (32)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (21)romantic (19)good for groups (19)hot spot (17)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- First time here!dineNdashVIPDined on 8/21/2014We absolutely loved it here! The Jalepeno cornbread was amazing, especially with the honey and butter to put on top. Dinner was outstanding, as I had the vegetable farro salad, and my partner got the shrimp and grits. Our server, Will, was especially friendly and attentive. This restaurant was so focused on its guests, that the chef even came out after each course to check that you enjoyed what he made. What a nice touch!Special Features:
- Awesome!HarryDined on 8/20/2014Best restaurant in Hilton Head! Best value and best service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Very bad service. It was my daughter 35 th bday and she picked this restaurant. And after dinner she said it was the worst dinning experience.
- new findGuest17Dined on 8/16/2014first time here! really enjoyed the commitment to local ingredients on the menu. the food was excellent, but was $3-5 more expensive for appetizers and meal than other restaurants on the island. would like to see the restaurant pick up more customers (didn't have very many customers until 7/7:30 pm), because the food and service was excellent. attention to detail and service was great. food as good as wise guys, but more local and slightly more casual. i recommend, and i'd like to go back. [menu note: the tomato toybox salad was excellent with housemade burrata. bar food jalapeno cornbread was finer grain than other restaurants and was delicious). french press coffee is a nice touch, and dessert key lime pie in a jar TWO THUMBS UP]Special Features:
- Lucky usEmptynesterVIPDined on 8/14/2014Happened to stumble upon lucky rooster and went back twice in the same week. By far the best restaurant in hilton head. Every meal was delicious and interesting. Comparable to food you would find in charleston or major cities. Fine dining and not much more expensive than hilton head beach meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food outstanding, service lackingGertDined on 8/13/2014Fun atmosphere Neat concept Chef visited table- awesome Great Moscow mules Prices reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good!Jlprice77Dined on 8/9/2014This was my 3rd visit to the Lucky Rooster. The host was great and had our table ready even though we were early for the reservation. Our waiter was great. Our apps were fabulous...bone marrow and meatballs. The entrees were good. Fish was great steak just ok. Dessert was a delicious plum and peach crumble. I was still impressed and we will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...small portions.KeithDined on 8/7/2014The food was excellent, and the chef is creative and the seafood is fresh ... but portions are small and a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome addition to townLagputterDined on 8/6/2014This was our first meal at Lucky Rooster, but it won't be the last. Pleasantly surprised at the "white tablecloth" service. The menu is quite creative. Don't miss the house-made mozzarella! Variety of fresh land and seafood items to satisfy every craving. Well chosen wine list. Our server was a longtime server on the Hilton Head scene and he (Steve) made our evening more enjoyable. They did a good job of handling many families with children without taking away from our adult enjoyment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedppryVIPDined on 8/5/2014We heard a number of good things about this restaurant but overall we were unimpressed. The menu was a bit strange as was the vegetable sides. Décor was boring.
- Great!LouGDined on 8/5/2014We loved Lucky Rooster and went two times in a week. We had a variety of appetizers and entrees and loved every one. Fried green tomatoes, crab cakes, chicken, shrimp and grits and two fish dishes. Every item was fresh and flavorful. The service was great and our waiter from the first night recognized us on our second visit and stopped by to see how everything was. One item I wish I would have tried is the prime rib for two. The table next to us ordered it and it looked fantastic. Maybe next trip down. Highly recommend!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DaisygirlVIPDined on 8/3/2014We read the great reviews and tried this restaurant tonight. The dinner choices were different than the usual fare, and exceeded our expectations. We will return.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014We were very happy with our visit. Service was good and really liked the food.Special Features:
- Exceeded the hypefoodieKDined on 7/25/2014Everyone at the table gushed over each dish. Excellent, memorable food. Service could not have been better. Just excellent all around. Casual, comfortable ambience with a five star meal.Special Features:
- southern cooking with a flairGirlMom68VIPDined on 7/22/2014this was our first time at the Lucky Rooster, and I believe we were the "lucky" ones. everything about this dinner was outstanding -- from the incredible menu to the outstanding service. The fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, the filet, short ribs and the incredible sundae with homemade peanut butter ice cream with toasted marshmellow and potato chips (also had a sample of the captain crunch ice cream -- yum)- to die for. I also appreciated that they had items which my kids enjoyed, and the prices were reasonable. We will be back on our next vacation to Hilton Head. Just a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Good Southern Food!dinner1Dined on 7/19/2014We were greated with wonderful service at the door as we check in and lead to our table. The drink list offered a nice combo, and included a good wine and draft beer selection. We ordered the shrimp and cheese grits dinner and the sirlion burger with parmesan fries. Both entrees were very good and hearty. The shrimp were very fresh and finished perfectly. This restaurant is a nice new addition to the island, and not to be missed!Special Features:
- No it's not Deep Fried ChickenIslandDuxVIPDined on 7/18/2014Looking at the name Lucky Rooster we thought this might be some kind of Fast Food chicken outlet whereas in fact, it's a great new addition to Hilton Head's restaurant scene. The menu consists of Southern cooking meets French cooking and we really enjoyed everything we ordered. The maître is very welcoming and the atmosphere just right. So don't be put off by the name, it's a great restaurant with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining. Fun Crowd.HHIfoodieVIPDined on 7/18/2014What a great new find! Fine dining in a relaxed fun atmosphere. The menu selections are fresh and interesting--not the same-old. Great service, not rushed but very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best dining on the Island!BobbyKDined on 7/18/2014After a second visit last Friday, I'm convinced that the LR is the best dining spot in the Island. Together with the top flight drinks, the innovative menu and great cooking, the Lucky Rooster continues to impress! Don't miss an opportunity to dine there and enjoy one of the specialty cocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WLEODined on 7/15/2014An outstanding gem with very current ingredients and super recipes and plating. Great chef and staff with no pretension. Rivals the best cuisine in any major culinary city.Special Features:
- Fifth visit.OldFashionedDined on 7/11/2014A favorite "go-to" restaurant for us. Great food (not too much), extensive beer menu, well-made mixed drinks and great staff.Special Features:
- Disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014First the good: Our reservation was recognized on time. We were given a nice table by the window and assigned a pleasant, well trained server. She was very attentive as the entrees took an excessive amount of time to come out of the kitchen. Unfortunately, the food did not live up to the positive reviews in my opinion. My snapper entree did not taste fresh and was served cold. In addition, I thought the flavors were poorly developed and at times unpleasant. The chef was trying to be ambitious, which is admirable, but the ingredients and execution were severely lacking. The restaurant handled the problem professionally by substituting an adequate seafood bisque- but a very disappointing experience overall.
- Great Addition to HHITweakieVIPDined on 7/10/2014In the space that once housed Lone Star we now have Lucky Rooster--and it is a great improvement ! The decor is comfortable and the menu changes based on what is available . The black eyed pea hummus was a disappointing start (it was very hard for the accompanying chips ) but the main courses are among the best I've eaten on the island --the beef short ribs, shrimp & grits, catfish and snapper & bean salad we all outstanding. My only complaint was a server that disappeared for long periods--I am looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky findHHIfoodiesDined on 7/5/2014This was the first time we dined at the Lucky Rooster, but definitely not our last. Between the four of us we tried three appetizers, three entrees, and a dessert. Our selections included a wide variety of main ingredients from steak tartar, scallops, shrimp, and tuna to peanut butter. We all agreed that each of our choices was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good entreesHHIJimDined on 7/5/2014Entrees were great, but the salad selection was a bit weak. We couldn't get a simple dinner salad or caesar salad to start. I had the Short ribs which were awesome. My wife had the shrimp and grits. She loved them. Oh, and you have to ask for bread too.Special Features:
- timothyDined on 7/2/2014our 1st time here, and had a wonderful experience!!!very eclectic menu, with unusual combos that rally were excellent. catfish was perfect and flavors/preparation really stood out. recommending to all my friends and will b backSpecial Features:
- slurpette2VIPDined on 6/29/2014Stumbled upon this restaurant in Hilton Head. What a delightful surprise! We were greeted warmly, offered inventive food options and a nice wine selection. Can't wait to return and try more selections. What a gem of a restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/28/2014Absolutely love the restaurant. Food is some of the best we have had in HiltonHead. Will frequest the place often.Food, service, etc. EXCELLENTSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/27/2014I read several rave reviews about this restaurant and was excited about going. Once there it had a rather plain atmosphere but more importantly the service was poor/slow. It took 45 minutes for our order to come from the kitchen. It was quite expensive for the quality of the food. I had to ask someone other than our waiter for the bill because he was no where to be found and then it took quite a while to get them to take the payment.
- Creativity at its bestDHL1Dined on 6/26/2014The Chef/Owner has created one of the most marvelous productions of food. Just excellent!Special Features:
- OutstandingOnemoreBostonyelperVIPDined on 6/26/2014Creative, fresh, exciting menu. Engaging, knowledgable staff. This place is an absolute gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Restauranttfisch100Dined on 6/24/2014I have been vacationing annually on Hilton Head Island for more than 20 years and always keep a look out for new restaurants. We found a gem in the Lucky Rooster. The food was fantastic. From the hamburger to the tuna filet to the beef tartare, it was all good. The service and menu knowledge of our waiter, A. J. was excellent and a reminder of how good service can be. The Lucky Rooster is now my favorite HHI restaurant and will be a staple of all my visits to the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SsymdDined on 6/18/2014Best restaurant in hilton head, watermelon salad incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceExcellentDined on 6/15/2014As a 30 year islander, I've been coming to this location since it was Longhorns. It was briefly something else and now "The Lucky Rooster" has arrived to stay. We were immediately greeted at the door and gave them our reservation info (reservations recommended) and were seated. Our waiter A.J. was a great blend of friendly without hovering. He knew the intricate menu very well. We ordered a variety of appetizers that were excellent. The chilled watermelon with jalapenos and creme fraische over bibb lettuce was a delight. The entrees were greatly diverse. My shrimp and grits were the best I've ever had in the Lowcountry.Special Features:
- great findtraveler3VIPDined on 6/14/2014Great food, very knowledgeable staff. Multiple people stopped by to check on food, drinks and offer suggestions. Great for intimate date or like ourselves with our children (ages 4,9). Would definitely recommend, too bad I am not local because I would love to dine there more often.Special Features:
- One of the best on the islandOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/13/2014My wife, 2 kids (ages 3 and 5), and I ate dinner here for our last night on the island. This is now our favorite place to dine. Food was excellent. I would highly recommend it. A kids menu is also available. Looking forward to eating here again next year. Service and staff were extremely friendly.Special Features:
- Outstanding. Just outstandingDHL1Dined on 6/7/2014Recommended by a friend and we shall be forever grateful! The food is just marvelous and the service excellent . Recommend you ask what's on the bar menu .. Some wonderful appetizer items . Where else on Hilton Head Island can you find Fried Chicken skins , deviled eggs, bone marrow and fresh oysters to share at your table !??? The chef owner (Clayton ) is all over the restaurant checking on things and that is a sign of a great restaurant .. Don't miss this restaurant .Special Features:
- OutstandingBeautyBizbyMDined on 6/6/2014I have eaten at this restaurant several times and each time it has exceeded my expectations. Hilton Head is fortunate to have Lucky Rooster Kitchen +Bar. The menu is innovative, and unlike many Hilton Head restaurants it changes according to the season. It is obvious the chef is extremely well trained an understands great food. The wait staff is knowledgeable and attentive. Don't miss this outstanding dining experience!Special Features:
- Amazing addition to the island!rachelbizzyDined on 6/6/2014My husband and I have been vacationing on Hilton Head Island for the past 8 years. There are a lot of nice restaurants on the island but we were looking for something a little more un-traditional so we decided to try Lucky Rooster on the last night of our vacation. What a way to end an amazing week! The flavors in every dish we tried were intense and nicely layered but not overwhelming. The shrimp and grits were by far the best I've ever eaten. The presentation of each dish was beautiful. This is the kind of chic restaurant you find in a city/urban area. We are so pleased Hilton Head finally got a restaurant like this! Just a bummer that we didn't try it earlier in the week bc we definitely would've eaten there more than once!Special Features:
- We enjoyed itdonnarDined on 6/5/2014I love the fresh ingredients used and the variety of the menu. I had noted that I am gluten-free and a vegetarian and our waiter had spoken with the chef before we arrived and had several options for me to consider. Everyone in our group really enjoyed their meal and the flourless chocolate cake was fabulous!!Special Features: