Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Greensboro
1421 Westover Terrace
Greensboro, NC 27408Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Greensboro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lucky32.com/
- Phone: 336-370-0707
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:15am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jay Pierce
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a lovely private dining room that seats up to 10 guests comfortably.
A word from Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Greensboro
Join us for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, and for brunch on Saturday and Sunday. We serve the highest quality food and drink with friendly service. Dine in our dining room, grill room, or outside on our sun shade covered veranda. We are excited to announce that we are completely smoke free, inside and out. When dining with us you can look forward to a flavorful southern menu using many local ingredients along with an award winning wine list from the Wine Spectator. Our restaurant is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, come celebrate with us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Greensboro - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Greensboro reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)fit for foodies (84)neighborhood gem (83)great for lunch (73)great for outdoor dining (70)good for groups (68)great for brunch (65)romantic (49)notable wine list (28)kid-friendly (23)hot spot (21)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (6)Show More
- Good intentionsChutneyVIPDined on 9/20/2014I had high expectations for this restaurant after seeing their mini farm stand outside their front door. It could be that I'm not used to Southern food, but everything was very heavily laden with sauces, or side sauces, that I'm not even sure were made at the restaurant. All of our dishes were definitely tasty, but lacked refinement. I think I could have made most of them at home. The kale and beans were very dry. On the positive side, our waitress and the staff were very professional and we enjoyed our service. I would recommend Lucky 32, but just know you're getting rich old fashioned Southern food.
- Nice find3boysmomDined on 9/19/2014We visited our son and were able to get a reservation for dinner. Traffic had us a little late but were greeted pleasantly by hostess. Had 3 different entrees we all enjoyed as well as the voodoo pig bread as app. All delicious. Fresh ingredients. Plentiful portions. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencePeteDined on 9/13/2014We had an excellent time and the food was very good. The service was excellent. Allison worked with us and she was both charming and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The menu boasted a "southern cuisine". Everything we had we excellent. Best meal we have had in a long time. We will definitely visit again!Special Features:
- LUcky 32patraphunkDined on 9/6/2014This particular restaurant was very nice. We sat outside and the ambiance was everything and more. While dining we overheard a couple were having their 45th anniversary. We often to take care of their desert but the restaurant had already compensated them for it. I thought that was very nice. And we met 2 NEW FRIENDS...Mrs.Ginnie and Mr.Don.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing atmosphereRide4lifeDined on 9/5/2014Perfect to go for a nice dinner to celebrate an occasion or to take that special person for a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed lunchMagnoliaDined on 9/1/2014Lucky 32 changes their menu to keep even regular patrons reading the menu. We had the day's fresh catch and it was good. Choosing Guilt Free is a great option for healthy dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably excellentCals1Dined on 8/31/2014We love Lucky 32's dedication to using local foods. Menu is always creative and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great !DineLocalDined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed another great meal with friends, Love this place. Life is too short for boring food !Special Features:
- Lucky 32OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Wonderful selection and great use of local ingredients. Grits cakes were great and shrimp & grits were done properly! Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful place to dine, relax, enjoy good food and service. Will continue to come here time and again. Highly recommend this restaurant. I have never been disappointed with the service or the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern style hospitality and foodKrausesVIPDined on 8/30/2014Lucky 32 in Cary, NC is one of our go to's. We were delighted to see a location listed in Greensboro, NC when we were in town for a soccer tournament. Not what you think, no team-dinner; just my wife and daughter for a quiet dinner. Excellent treatment by the door staff and service staff. Our food was fabulous, especially my Shrimp and Grits with Andouile Sausage! Waitstaff and servers were very attentive, yet very respectful of our quiet time. Highly recommend as a personal or business dinner site. Very happy to see the level of quality and ambiance was what we had come to expect from our local Lucky 32. Great job by the restaurant leadership!Special Features:
- DeliciousLucybirdDined on 8/29/2014My husband & I drove with my in-laws to a wedding in Greensboro from Dallas, TX and chose lucky 32 to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday. The food was delicious and the menu had a nice variety. We started with the shrimp cakes & okra popcorn, both very good. Service was attentive & the wine/beer selections were good. We had the meatloaf, bourbon steak, fish of the day & beef stew between the 4 of us and we were ALL very happy & satisfied with our choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good business restaurantMalibuahVIPDined on 8/27/2014This is a good business restaurant for casual dining.Special Features:
- Dinner with visiting family.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I took my out if town relatives from NYC to Lucky 32 and they loved it! The voodoo pig bread was a huge hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2014Excellence! Best way I know how to describe Lucky 32. Will continue to dine there, never disappointed.Special Features:
- gsodinerDined on 8/23/2014Food was good (Down Home Southern), service was good (to be expected from a Quaintance-Weaver Restaurant) but the bar menu and the drinks were excellent. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We found Lucky 32 when coming down to the area to look at colleges. Since then we have eaten here 3 times, making it an important stop every time we return. The food, service and drink has been consistently excellent. My father even makes the trip from Asheville just to meet us for dinner. Absolutely everything is amazing so pick anything on the menu. Desserts are to die for! My only suggestion is that they stay the same forever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent mealsHueybaby2Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent use of local ingredients prepared with Southern flair. Love rotating seasonal menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Starter was better than main courseMangaDined on 8/22/2014Okra popcorn and voodoo pig bread were a hit. Unique and delicious! Our main plates salt and pepper ribeye, and fresh fish were just good enough, nothing that stands out though. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh my, the pig!!!CocoMamaDined on 8/22/2014After we were seated and started looking at the menu, everyone except for our 11 year old son (whose palate is still evolving) had difficulty picking out just one entree and the most interesting sides. Everything looked amazing! We started with fried pork skins dipped in homemade pimiento cheese (I'll never eat a skin out of the bag again) and fried green tomatoes with voodoo sauce - their signature blend that is a little spicy. My. I had a butterflied chicken breast and it was so tender! Their menu has pot liquor on it, for crying out loud (Google it if you think this is an alcoholic beverage)! Seriously, real, genuine, southern food meets intense know-how of how to treat said food at this place! I can't wait to try other items!Special Features:
- Lucky 32 Never DisappointsglutenfreefoodieDined on 8/22/2014Lucky 32 always delivers. No matter what the diet, there are always many delicious choices. I love that the menu changes seasonally. It's like going to a wonderful new restaurant every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will return!TheTotalExperienceDined on 8/17/2014I had forgotten about this terrific spot. Brunch was perfect. Thanks for a great event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lisa10VIPDined on 8/16/2014Had a really good experience. Service and food was very good.Special Features:
- Great service, bad foodLalaDined on 8/16/2014Very disappointed in the food. Ribeye was extremely fatty and tough. Salmon salad had wilted lettuce. Our waitress was great. It's been years since my family and I had been to luckys. I doubt I will come back.
- Wonderful experienceEatoutqueenDined on 8/15/2014When we got there, we were taken right to our table! Waiter was good with his service! Food was awesome! Couldn't fit in Dessert but it sounded good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulDined on 8/15/2014I've been hearing a lot of wonderful things about Lucky 32 from the guys at work and had to stop by and see for myself and everything I'd heard was correct. Thanks for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedeatouterDined on 8/14/2014Menu is limited and food lacked flavor. Portion small for the money. Many better choices for dinner in the area.Special Features:
- Poor food. Poor portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I ordered the stew and it was just over priced Campbell's soup with a smaller can. The flavor was OK at best, not worth the money at all. Im not overweight at all, I'm a fit person with an lower than average appetite and I had to go somewhere to eat more. Will not be back, warning my friends. Beers selections were ok, the stout was awesome!
- Outstanding again!WarrenDined on 8/11/2014Great experience as always! The southern menu of Lucky 32 is always a winner with friends who have traveled to visit as the preparation is always upscale and with a spin. Our table enjoyed the salmon, lamb with johnny cakes, fried green tomatoes, and sweet potato hushpupplies with rave reviews. Lucky 32 continues to be a great place for a Sunday brunch or a social location for dinner with co-workers or friends. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- DisappointedflavorseekerDined on 8/9/2014We usually have good experiences in this restaurant and I make my family eat here regularly, but I ordered a special based on a photo of the dish and didn't recieve anything like the photo. Instead of the mounds of ricotta the photo showed, there was maybe a tablespoon sprinkled on top. When I asked for more, I was given a tablespoon more and then the restaurant wanted to charge me for it. Considering that I was paying an entree price for white rice, half a zucchini, and the ricotta cheese, I was shocked they were so stingy with it. What was I paying for? Especially considering the same photo with tons of ricotta showed much more zucchini. If photos are used for advertising, it's only fair to serve what is shown. Left a bad feeling.Special Features:
- Great seasonal menusbandlshoeDined on 8/6/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants but even though we are regulars we also like to celebrate special occasions here. We love the changing seasonal menus and also that you get to pick which side dishes you want with your main course. It omits the need for the sometimes awarkwardness of having to ask for substitutions to your order. My wife and I have never been disappointed with a meal at Lucky 32!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimFDined on 8/4/2014As always, we had a wonderful time at Lucky 32. I am dealing with some physical challenges with my movement and presently require a walker. The wait staff was very helpful guiding me to my table and storing the walker while we ate. I was grateful.Special Features:
- Lucky 32MichaelVIPDined on 8/3/2014nice menu of southern treats; a little too much oil when frying however the flavors were good.Special Features:
- MusicMaggieMay1124Dined on 8/3/2014We sat on the patio, and this is the 2nd time this summer that the music was too loud. I also find it too loud inside. Don't know what nice restuarants like yours find it necessary to play music so loud.Special Features:
- my favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/3/2014Love this place. Best people .. Ask for Eric best server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2014Excellent food and service! Quaint outdoor dining patio. Will return again, was not disappointed with anything. Great place to dine in a relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- down home with a flairfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Wife had Kentucky ribeye which was tender, well flavored & could stand up to any of the great steak houses, but the special treat was the farm raised catfish (locally grown) with kale/beans side & grits bread (which was great). The chef was born & trained in La which explains why the food was so good. Bring home some of the vodoo sauce! Trust me !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night dinnerShaggyDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed the atsmosphere and food. A great place to dine!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/2/2014Another fine evening of dining with friends. Lucky 32 is always good place to meet and enjoy.Special Features: