Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Greensboro
1421 Westover Terrace
Greensboro, NC 27408Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Greensboro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lucky32.com/
- Phone: (336) 370-0707
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:15am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jay Pierce
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a lovely private dining room that seats up to 10 guests comfortably.
A word from Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Greensboro
Join us for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, and for brunch on Saturday and Sunday. We serve the highest quality food and drink with friendly service. Dine in our dining room, grill room, or outside on our sun shade covered veranda. We are excited to announce that we are completely smoke free, inside and out. When dining with us you can look forward to a flavorful southern menu using many local ingredients along with an award winning wine list from the Wine Spectator. Our restaurant is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, come celebrate with us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Greensboro - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Greensboro reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)special occasion (108)neighborhood gem (89)good for groups (79)great for lunch (79)great for brunch (72)great for outdoor dining (70)romantic (54)notable wine list (40)hot spot (30)kid-friendly (25)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (12)scenic view (6)Show More
- birthday party for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2014I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The waiter was excellent and attentive. The food was great. It was worth wait for me to go there. I will definitely have dinner there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pimento cheese and pork rinds were amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014Recommend the pimento cheese app, collards, pintos and chow chow, black bean cakes, and mashed potatoes. The service was excellent. The wine menu was ok, disappointed not more nc wines not featured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful meal!THolderDined on 11/23/2014Lucky 32 never disappoints! I met a friend for Brunch and both of our dishes were wonderful. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was, as always, upscale and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best experienceCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 11/22/2014We eat often at L32 and usually enjoy everything about the restaurant. This was not the case this time. I made reservations well in advance for 6 of us at 6:30 pm on a Saturday night.I even checked in about 6 to let the hostess know we were there and would be in the bar with our friends. We were among the first customers to dine at Lucky's when the door opened years ago so we have always felt at home there. The hostess took us to the worst table in the restaurant..the booth in the corner by the kitchen next to the bar. When I asked for another table, I was told that there were no other tables. I asked the hostess to be sure we couldn't move and that we didnt mind waiting a few minutes, and she quickly told me it was not possible.My husband told her the table was the worst one in the restaurant and could we please move. She again said there were no other tables available for 6 people. I had to slide all the way in and somehow doing that, I snagged a brand new sweater and ruined it. There was no place for coats (even though I asked the hostess) and so we were quite crowded with coats and purses stuffed between us in the already claustrophobic corner. Needless to say, for us and our guests, it was less than pleasant dining experience even though the food and wait staff service were both good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UrbanaDined on 11/22/2014The meals were very good. The kid meals were not very good. Next time we will just order from the main menu for the kids. Also, it took too long for the kids meals to come out. They should have brought those out as soon as they could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad I found this gem in Greensboro!KatieMcDined on 11/22/2014My boyfriend and I went to Greensboro, NC last weekend for a Garth Brooks concert last weekend and wanted to try out a local restaurant for dinner beforehand. We succeeded!! The Voodoo Pig Bread appetizer was completely amazefest! I could have happily eaten that for my meal! For main courses, I had shrimp and grits and the boy had jambalaya. Everything was phenomenal!!! Service was a little slow, but it looked like they were short staffed that night. It happens. Overall, FANTASTIC experience and a restaurant I'd HIGHLY recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousTheJoshDined on 11/22/2014Great food at great prices. Southern cooking at its finest with local ingredients. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent hand craftted food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Excellent food and atmosphere. The stuffed advocado and guacamole started the night off with a bang!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealLindaBDined on 11/20/2014This is a place for a good meal. It is updated southern cuisine. Expect good, but not the best. Service is good, as well as the pricing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014Always a wonderful dining experience at Lucky 32. One of my favorite restaurants in Greensboro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurant!The1reviewerDined on 11/16/2014I love to have brunch at Lucky 32s. They have excellent food, service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creatively DeliciousNursekimknitsDined on 11/14/2014This restaurant was recommended to my husband by his coworkers. We are grateful to them for sending us to Lucky 32. The food is creatively delicious. I really appreciate the seasonal menu in addition to the regular dishes. The value of price for the food and drinks is very good. As a result, we plan to return to Lucky 32, inviting friends to dine with us, next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant in Greensboro.L32fanDined on 11/14/2014Love the decor and lighting. The seaonal menus always offer new treats and variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wandafulDined on 11/14/2014Always a different and interesting menu! Birthday dinner with delicious birthday brownie. Sorry I don't remember server's name because she was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Unwelcoming Experience EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014My friend and I had theater tickets and decided to have dinner before going. I went to Tripadviser's site with the idea we would try somewhere new, but decided to stay with tried and true Lucky 32. With the opportunity to make reservations while still on the site I decided to give Opentable a try. Which, of course proved to be the only pleasant aspect of the whole experience. This was not to be our first experience with Lucky 32. I have been going since they opened. My friend and I were there last month and although we had to wait for a table, our experience was excellent. But Friday night was like nothing I have ever experienced before. We knew we were limited on time so arrived a few minutes ahead of our reservations. Although there were several empty tables we were seated at the, hands down, worst table in the restaurant, the table next to the hostess station, close to the door on the coldest night of the season. We were not told who our server would be, nor did she give her name when she arrived at our table 10 minutes after being seated. We were at a disadvantage when it came to service because her other tables were on the other side of a high partition at our booth (out of site, out of mind). It gets worse. I ordered a roasted beet salad that I had on my previous visit, but it wasn't the same, something was missing, but what? Later that evening I checked the menu online and found they had forgotten the pecans. We were check on, by our server, once, maybe twice after our food was delivered, we had to ask a hostess to have our check brought to us, so we wouldn't be late for the show. This was, without a doubt, from the moment we walked in the door to the time we left, the coldest, and most artificial reception I have ever experienced at this restaurant. I do not choose to patronize a restaurant based on food alone, but for the total experience. Lucky 32 had been one of them, but not that night.Special Features:
- Hard to Go Wrong with Lucky 32JayBird33Dined on 11/8/2014The food here is reliably good. Went here with friends for brunch this past weekend ... everything ordered was excellent. We also had a delightful waiter.Special Features:
- PlannerBrenbrenDined on 11/7/2014This is the second occasion attending this restaurant with a group. I recommended it after attending last year. The menu has a wide range of foods to choose from. Most of all you don't have to wait an hour for your food. The off-the-wall dishes such as the butternut squash soup is great and that Voodoo Pig Bread is an experience and a great conversation piece. Even though we had a sponsor, we are looking forward to dining with you again without them. Thanks for the courteous service and prompt e-mails.Special Features:
- foodforthoughtDined on 11/5/2014This understated gem was a pleasure to find in the middle of "obvious". I knew that Lucky 32s had always been there, but I never knew that there was such simple elegance existed inside. The wood was wonderful and the service was great. It was a exciting to find a new (to me) place to call a dinner staple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodlisa10VIPDined on 11/3/2014Great food, good service. We have been there a few times and never had a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicioustarheelVIPDined on 11/3/2014Came here for a work dinner and seated promptly on time with reservation. Food and wait staff was wonderful. Lots of great options, great portion size, and the peanut butter chocolate pie for dessert is AMAZING. Highly recommended and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Background music overpoweringswissmissVIPDined on 11/2/2014I've been to Lucky 32 many times. I like their menu and that they source locally. The lat two times, I was in a group of 7 and had a center table near the entrance. I heard every single word John Denver, Harry Chapin etc sang, but I couldn't converse with my friends. I asked them 3 x to lower the volume and each time they said they would. No change! We talked to the manager. She apologized but said that the fuller the restaurant is, the more they have to put up the volume. Really?Special Features:
- We have always loved Lucky 32.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014We have always loved Lucky 32. We wish it were still located in Winston Salem. The food was heavenly and the service was great as usual!-86Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Always enjoy Lucky 32. Since out of town, always use it for special occasions. Never disappointed. Great service. Great food. Recent visit a little loud with the music but overall great visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/30/2014We ate dinner there on a very crowded and busy night, a major concert was in town. Throughout it all, the wait staff were excellent and did a great job taking food orders, checking on all the dinners, and staying pleasant and helpful the whole time. The food was prepared in a timely manner and was fabulous. Will return and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Food SamplerDonnaDooDined on 10/30/2014We came here before the McCartney concert and enjoyed our meals--a good touch of Southern style cooking and excellent service. This was my 2nd visit and I really enjoyed the experience.
- Beyond incredibleclassygirlswearpearlsDined on 10/25/2014We went here for our anniversary, and needless to say, Lucky 32 was above and beyond our expectations! The service was fabulous, the food was incredible, and the ambiance was just lovely. I would honestly recommend this restaurant to anyone for any occasion whatsoever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum and more..OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Great seasonal food as normal and service was also great. One of my favorite places to visit.Special Features:
- Girls' Nigh Outtable4twoDined on 10/25/2014We picked Lucky 32 for our annual Girls' Night Out dinner because of the wonderful food, atmosphere and value! We were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Always goodRuthVIPDined on 10/25/2014As I had realized that I could not make my 5:30 reservation, I called for 6:15 and was told that this time was not available. So, I attempted to cancel, online, but am glad to see that it did not cancel. We went anyway at 6:15 and were seated.Special Features:
- great food, every timekballenDined on 10/25/2014You can feel safe to order something new here..,always good. We have never left disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bruncha bunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014our party of 6 loved it! food and service were superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good CookingNomadVIPDined on 10/23/2014Seated quickly though the placed was packed. Server was prompt and initially very attentive, but tried to memorize the order and had to come back and clarify orders and then overlooked a side dish. Wife loved the Campfire Trout while I enjoyed the Grilled Chicken Breast with Goat Lady Chevre. Both were sumptious and filling when combined with the two sides per dish. However, took too long for server to bring the bill and make change, making us late for the theater engagement we had. The overall meal was great, but the pleasant experience was almost ruined when the server shorted me on my change. The receipt was not returned either. Didn't call anyone over, but took back the nice tip (20%) I was going to leave and left a smaller one.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the usual standarddakotadineDined on 10/19/2014We have eaten at the Lucky 32 many times. Our last visit was not the usual superb service and food. the pork medallions were shoe leather and the salmon was very salty. Service on the slow side. Will return, but disappointedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchRunway23Dined on 10/19/2014Great traditional brunch! Please keep your Eggs Benedict the way they are! We hoped for a quiet Sunday brunch as we have enjoyed many times before at Lucky 32. The noise level this time was annoying and prevented normal conversation. Maybe tone it down on the background music a bit?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 10/18/2014Great variety for everyone in our party, including vegetarian. Dishes were fresh, flavorful and plentiful. We will definitely return on our next visit to Greensboro.Special Features:
- BirthdayfamilyatdiningDined on 10/18/2014Great dining experience. Accommodations excellent Food superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outoftownerVIPDined on 10/17/2014This seems to be a popular place that has a decent reputation at least locally. For me, it was the chicken bread that saved this meal. It was great. Other than that it was just average at best. Everything was ok, but not standout in my view.Special Features:
- Fun Family Friday NightLeslieDined on 10/17/2014Our family of four enjoys dining at Lucky 32 at least monthly. Our daughters, 9 & 11, ask to go! Excellent service again this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Foodie FavUptopfoodieDined on 10/17/2014All I can say is I love this place. The food is amazing . The atmosphere is always great. I have not been to the bar area yet but it is beautiful. Chef Jay ROCKS! My favorite spot for GRITS y'all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014I decided to take a close friend to Lucky 32 as a surprise for her birthday. The lunch was a wonderful combination of delicious cuisine (southern style) in a comfortable, yet sophisticated atmosphere! Our waiter was pleasant and patient in responding to any menu questions. Although a little noisy, we had a great table and it was a truly lovely experience. My girlfriend was more than pleased about her birthday surprise.Special Features: