Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Cary
7307 Tryon Rd
Cary, NC 27511Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Cary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lucky32.com/
- Phone: 9192331632x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday Brunch menu until 3:00 p.m.
Monday-Thursday 11:15 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 11:15 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday Brunch menu until 3:00 p.m.
Our Grill Room is open one hour after dining room closes except for Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jay Pierce
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have a boxed lunch menu that is perfect for corporate events, office lunches, or special events.
- Private Party Facilities: Lucky 32 is the perfect place to socialize and have a relaxing dinner with professional service in an atmosphere made for enjoyment with an upscale feel. We will be happy to provide you and your guests with the highest quality food and drink at a good value. We welcome parties of up to 70 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Lara Yerges 9192331632x
A word from Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Cary
Join us for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, and for brunch on Saturday and Sunday. We serve the highest quality food and drink with competent, friendly service. Enjoy a meal in our dining room, grill room, or outside on our beautifully landscaped terrace. When dining with us you can look forward to a flavorful southern menu using many local ingredients grown right here in NC, along with our Wine Spectator award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Cary - Best Restaurants in Cary ›
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Cary reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (98)fit for foodies (90)good for groups (83)special occasion (74)great for outdoor dining (62)great for lunch (55)great for brunch (47)romantic (34)hot spot (26)kid-friendly (23)notable wine list (21)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- A Marvelous Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014This was our first experience at a lucky 32 and we dared to bring a guest for Sunday Brunch! We were impressed from the minute we opened the door. Lovely ambiance and very welcoming. Things just kept getting better. Super service and fantastic food. All three of us were highly impressed! Can't wait to go back and experience lunch and dinner. Will def be one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Menu is great including a seasonal menu with all local, fresh ingredients! Great selection of beers and wines too!Special Features:
- Top-Notch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Fantastic food! Superb staff! Awesome atmosphere! Outdoor dining is perfect!Special Features:
- Great southern cuisineShropUSCVIPDined on 10/15/2014Never had a bad thing there. Food is fresh and very tastefulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarianneVIPDined on 10/12/2014We are never disappointed when we go to Lucky 32! It is our go to place when friends are visiting from out of town! Always a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite Cary EateryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Love Lucky 32...it's by far and away my favourite eatery in the Cary area.Special Features:
- Do Order the Fried OystersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014I ordered fried oysters as my main course. The oysters were the size of grapes and fried hard. I was disappointed in the quality of this dish. Otherwise, the food was good.Special Features:
- DisappointedMimiVIPDined on 9/27/2014We ordered the beef stew and the grit and shrimp plates. Both dishes were tasteless and cold. I just scratched Lucky 32 from my list. Too many other choices in Cary to go back to this place again.
- A favorite spot for any occasionCarolVIPDined on 9/27/2014Always a pleasant dining experience at Lucky 32. We love the interesting menu and seasonal specialties. Service is always top-notch at both locations. Love the food and the vibe at Lucky's!Special Features:
- Shrimp cakes were.....Kpw001VIPDined on 9/24/2014The shrimp cakes were yummy. Hope they keep them on next season's special menu!Special Features:
- A great neighborhood gemSirenaVIPDined on 9/22/2014This restaurant was one of the 1st restaurants we ate at when we moved to NC & that was over 10 years ago. Food is consistently good. Good bar area. Staff is attentive and friendly. Great salads and comfort food when you need some comfort.Special Features:
- Great serviceCartezCeenaDined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed the catfish and shrimp/grits. Collards wasn't cleaned well. Had a lil grit on em but everything else was very flavorful and delightfulSpecial Features:
- Lucky 32 great foodkmc2020Dined on 9/20/2014Really enjoyed the food and service. Definitely will go back. Food was very fresh and liked the menu.Special Features:
- LIVED UP TO ITS BILLING!lmnopsDined on 9/20/2014We found Lucky 32 on Yelp when we had to meet a friend in Cary. The menu on the website looked great and we were not disappointed. It was even better than expected. We were seated outside on a beautiful day. The food was excellent, the server very attentive and the location ideal. Whenever we have out of town guests arriving at the airport, the first stop will be Lucky 32.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJOEYTNYCDined on 9/19/2014The food and service was outstanding.I used to be a chef in New York and was very impressed.The wait staff was very helpful and food was cooked perefectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!KahteedDined on 9/18/2014Another wonderful meal at Lucky 32! Thanks for the fabulous service and fantastic food! Lucky 32 is our go to place for a quality meal and good time!Special Features:
- Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - CaryNCFoodPatron22Dined on 9/13/2014Not a fan of northern rubber green beans and for a restaurant labeling themselves "southern" kitchen - it was not. Collards were tough. "Gourmet" should be their terminology not Southern. I have had quail before and this was badly represented - more of an appetizer - NOT worth the price I paid. Deviled eggs tasted like the already made in the grocer's section version. This restaurant should stick to burgers. First time the four of us visited and would not return. But for someone not looking for a place specializing in southern cuisine, it would be a nice contemporary restaurant.Special Features:
- Luv2dineDined on 9/13/2014We have had lots of good food at Lucky 32. We enjoy our evenings there, and the food is very consistent.Special Features:
- County/Home cooking done rightDennisk51VIPDined on 9/9/2014sinply a very comfortable, friendly place to get honest Southern cuisine done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Southern FoodMuffinDined on 9/7/2014We went to Lucky 32 based on the online reviews. The atmosphere was very nice. Service was quick & attentive and the food was well prepared. We were seated in a booth which affords privacy during conversations. The meatloaf was wrapped in bacon and was good. My suggestion would be to add more gravy to prevent dryness. The peso pasta dish was a generous portion with some left over to take home. The house bread melts in your mouth it is so fresh. I would recommend this place and plan to return soon.Special Features:
- BreadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Server forgot to provide us with bread. I had to go and ask for it
- very impressedindecisivedinnerplansDined on 9/6/2014We took the normally indecisive family here and not only was everyone able to find something they liked, but everyone loved what they got. Not a scrap of food left on any plate. Even the bread was impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice.WmalmaguerDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful dining experience, great apps and dinners.. Very nice selection of sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newcomer IntroductionFergieDined on 9/3/2014We invited a couple to dinner who is considering moving to NC. They were very impressed with the restaurant, especially the menu. One enjoyed the vegetarian options and the other had the pork shank - loved both of them. The seasonal menu was a nice surprise for them as well. My husband had the Wed. fried chicken special and raved about it. I had the New Bern wedge salad which was just okay; the shrimp could have used some seasoning - probably will order something else next time. I enjoy the seasonal menu and there are certainly plenty of other options to choose from. Our server was very attentive.Special Features:
- RandDined on 8/30/2014Fair service at best on our last visit which is way below your standard of excelence
- Needs more trainingdisappointedDined on 8/28/2014While our waiter was very nice, the rest of the staff could use better training. The hostess tried to push a menu at my wife while she was trying to seat herself. A server took away her appetizer while she was still eating it, to lay down the main course. My dish contained a bay leaf which should have been removed. The meal went very fast, perhaps too fast as if the staff were in a rush and didn't take the time to attend to details.Special Features:
- EatoutalotVIPDined on 8/27/2014Dinner was great! Our waitress was amazing...we asked her a lot of questions and she was so patient to help us choose between so many delicious dishes. (We couldn't decide!!!) I got the shrimp and grits and it was excellent!!!! (with collard greens.) My colleague got the baked stuffed tomates - he enjoyed it very much. The Corn and Crab soup was sooooo good! I only got a cup of it and wished I got a bowl! I found this restaurant through Open Table reading all the good reviews!Special Features:
- Family favoriteDebdutchDined on 8/27/2014My family enjoys visiting Lucky 32 in Cary especially at lunch and weekend brunch. The food is excellent and varies seasonally. The recent Legacy menu items have also been quite a taste experience. I have many favorite menu items including corn and crab chowder, carolina catfish,and salmon. I prefer going out for lunch but a dinner visit is a necessity to eat the Kentucky Ribeye which is always delicious! The service is also excellent with a well trained and friendly staff.Special Features:
- Great Find!Dlabs13Dined on 8/26/2014Food has been excellent each time. Very fresh ingredients used and the menu is changing all the time. I would highly recommend this place to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much BetterShannonDined on 8/25/2014Had a much better experience this time around. Food was delish & service was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale SouthernKKVVDined on 8/25/2014Great place to bring out of town guests for an upscale taste of Southern cuisine. Seasonal menu is always delicious and locally sourced. The drafts on tap are local and they'll give you a taste before you settle on one. One of our go-to spots in Cary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite placelittlebit72Dined on 8/24/2014I took out of state visitors along for a meal and they were just blown away by the food, the attention and helpfulness of Andrew, our wait person, and the very welcoming atmosphere. Lucky 32 Cary has long been a favorite of mine and I was thrilled to share it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quite night with the wife.thebrune61Dined on 8/22/2014The service was great and the food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent - fresh and tasty. Something for everyone on the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch/brunch restaurant!RichardVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had not been back to Lucky 32 for a while until last Friday, 8/22. He has corn meal crusted cat fish and I had my favorite black bean cakes. Wow, the food was excellent. We sat next to the large window in bar area facing to the courtyart. Our waiter was very attentive. Lucky 32 is a great place for lunch/brunch. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch.Special Features:
- go to favoritediningduoDined on 8/21/2014This has become one of our favorite restaurants to take friends and even for just the two of us. Food is always delicious and the service outstanding. Love the s3adonal menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre concert visitCraigDined on 8/16/2014Originally made reservation for 6:45 but decided to go earlier... at 5:15 only available was on the terrace.... worked out great.. nice breeze, great food will definitely come again... (we're from New Bern)Special Features:
- Great food and serviceChandlerDined on 8/15/2014The atmosphere is great, very modern. I ordered the black bean cakes and they were delicioussss. However, I was a little let down by the whipped sweet potatoes; they could have been better. The fried okra appetizer with the voodoo sauce is great as well. My mom ordered the shrimp and grits and my brother the pulled pork Johnny cakes and both said they were amazing. Overall, great service, ambience and food. Next time I'll try dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014We dine in or order takeout often from Lucky 32. It is our go to restaurant for casual dining. The food quality is consistently very good as is the service. On this evening we had salmon with a salad and mashed sweet potatoes and the tomato stuffed with shrimp, tomato and cucumber salad, French fries and deviled eggs. The sides were fresh and prepared as we like. The generous portion of salmon was excellent. The shrimp stuffed tomato was very good although I don't think I would order the entrée again. The shrimp were very small and simply topped the tomato -it wasn't stuffed. I thought the amount of shrimp was lacking and as such not up to the portions we have come to expect from Lucky 32.Special Features:
- Off the MarkBarbaraDined on 8/13/2014Normally this is one of the best dining experiences in the area but Lucky 32 was off its game the other evening. The food was good - pimento cheese dip with pork skins (cooked too hard to eat) and our salads were fine. But the service was just poor, at least initially. Part of the problem was that the hostess sat us outside, and around in the back corner, next to a family with 2 small children who were left to run amuck and disturb other diners. But we did not get assigned a waiter for 15 minutes - in fact we seem to be ignored, and we were out of sight. Finally, after complaining we did get someone to help us but that never should have happened and set the wrong tone for the dinner. It is going to be a while before we return.Special Features: