Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Cary
7307 Tryon Rd
Cary, NC 27511Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Cary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lucky32.com/
- Phone: (919) 233-1632
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday Brunch menu until 3:00 p.m.
Monday-Thursday 11:15 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 11:15 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday Brunch menu until 3:00 p.m.
Our Grill Room is open one hour after dining room closes except for Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jay Pierce
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have a boxed lunch menu that is perfect for corporate events, office lunches, or special events.
- Private Party Facilities: Lucky 32 is the perfect place to socialize and have a relaxing dinner with professional service in an atmosphere made for enjoyment with an upscale feel. We will be happy to provide you and your guests with the highest quality food and drink at a good value. We welcome parties of up to 70 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Lara Yerges 9192331632x
A word from Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Cary
Join us for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, and for brunch on Saturday and Sunday. We serve the highest quality food and drink with competent, friendly service. Enjoy a meal in our dining room, grill room, or outside on our beautifully landscaped terrace. When dining with us you can look forward to a flavorful southern menu using many local ingredients grown right here in NC, along with our Wine Spectator award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Cary - Best Restaurants in Cary ›
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Cary reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (92)neighborhood gem (89)good for groups (78)special occasion (69)great for lunch (51)great for outdoor dining (49)great for brunch (43)romantic (32)hot spot (23)notable wine list (20)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- COMPETITION LOOK OUT!FoodiesDined on 11/12/2014OTHER RESTAURANTS SHOULD TAKE NOTICE! This place rocks! Food...atmosphere...SERVICE all are five star!Special Features:
- A friendly and reliable place.SoupsingerDined on 11/12/2014We are new to the area and first discovered Lucky 32 a couple of months ago and recently returned with friends. On both occasions, our meals were well prepared, plentiful and delicious. The service staff is friendly and welcoming as well as efficient. We will return to Lucky 32 with pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreGeorgiaDined on 11/9/2014My family and I took my sister to Lucky 32 for her birthday. I had noted it was her birthday when I made the reservation and when I called in to remind the hostess. I had to remind the waitress that it was her birthday because she had no idea. I don't know if it was a communication issue, but it was definitely took away the surprise at the end of the night. The service was also very slow and I was not impressed with the salmon. The whipped sweet potatoes were great though. Overall my sister was happy, and that's what matters. I have a background in hospitality, and I expected more from Lucky 32.Special Features:
- Best salmondianne1Dined on 11/9/2014I had a reservation, thank goodness. Service was good. Salad and salmon were excellent. Bread was good. Would love oil/vinegar/seasonings for bread. Asked to be seated in a quiter area, away from babies/little kids. They tried! Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014My wife is a trained chef, although not practising currently, so a restaurant must be able to prepare food that is better than what she can do in her own kitchen or she doesn't enjoy the experience. Lucky32 has always met that high standard. Whether we have visited for lunch or dinner, the service is always good and the food flavorful and enticing. This most recent experience was up to that high standard. We enjoyed the pulled pork on johnny cake (me) and trout (her) entrees, and the service was attentive. Lucky32 in Cary is becoming one of our favorite restaurants. We will be back.Special Features:
- Nice Family Lunch OutingGr82eatVIPDined on 11/8/2014I was visiting the Cary, NC area from New York and was looking for a nice place to have lunch with my family. I located Lucky 37 on Open Table, read their great reviews and wasn't disappointed. This restaurant is an upscale southern cuisine. It has a smart weight staff and a very airy decorum. We made a reservation but I'm sure we would have gotten in easily without one for lunch. Our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and was happy to give us recommendations. My son had the burger, I had the salmon with collard greens and sweet potatos and my husband had the egg benedict. We all enjoyed our meal choices and were to full to enjoy a dessert selection. We will certainly return whenever we're visiting this area again.Special Features:
- Great food!hb17Dined on 11/7/2014This was our second time at Lucky 32 and we have had great experiences both times. We like that they use local products and fresh ingredients. The Johnny Cakes with pulled pork was my choices. My only complaint was the green beans came out a little cool but it wasn't too big of a deal. Will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to the areaGordonnotRamsayDined on 11/7/2014Our group all enjoyed the Southern food at Lucky 32. Fresh and flavorful ingredients, served by polite and helpful servers. A winning combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great southern foodErinSDined on 11/6/2014The catfish and whipped sweet potatoes were very good. The pimiento dip was amazing - didn't think I'd care for the freshly-made pork rinds that came with.. I was wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky Lunching at Lucky 32!DinnerD8Dined on 11/6/2014We often take customers, co-workers, and prospective employees to Lucky 32 in Cary. The menu has great variety, changes seasonally (so even if you have eaten there before, there will always be something new), and there is a wide variety of table sizes for different sized groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice special occasion placeCosmoDined on 11/5/2014This restaurant is very appropriate for the occasional "someplace nice" lunch or dinner. We enjoyed excellent food and outstanding service!Special Features:
- Perfect for family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/4/2014My husband and I enjoy Lucky 32 because it offers high quality local menu items and it is easily accessible by both sets of our families. We've been coming here since it opened and it has remained a staple as "family dinner" meeting spot!Special Features:
- good brunch meeting placedctravelerDined on 11/2/2014My friend and I met to have Sunday brunch, and the food was wonderful. The hardest choice was to decide whether to have breakfast or lunch! They have the most awesome grits! Ther service was great, never had to wait for anything, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating to special requests.Special Features:
- Enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Great food and great service --two combinations that can't be beaten! We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Lucky 32 and appreciated some of the menu items that you can't always find at every restaurant. We will definitely return! Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of our waitress, but she was very attentive and provided fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamsDined on 10/29/2014Oyster stew had shell fragments in it and warlord was way too spicy and hit.
- Great experienceFoodie14Dined on 10/25/2014First visit to Lucky 32 and I will definitely return! Food was delicious and the brownie dessert was to die for! Great relaxing dinner for a girls night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine southern fareNorthernerVIPDined on 10/25/2014We're New Yorkers but visit raleigh often. We always look forward to a fine meal at 32. The food is well prepared, fresh and reliably good. The menu is varied and the choices unique.Special Features:
- Great food, wonderful valueAspiringGourmandDined on 10/24/2014We have dined at Lucky 32 numerous times and have never been disappointed by the food or service and the price point is spot on. The atmosphere is pleasing and we never feel pressured to eat and get out. The regular menu is varied and the seasonal offerings are creative and delicious all utilizing locally grown and supplied ingredients. Not sure why other restaurants can not match Lucky 32 on food, service and price point but very happy that we have this gem.Special Features:
- We love this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We love that they have taken good down-home cooking, and turned it into a foodie masterpiece. Really love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My girlfriend's birthdaychrisSchwartingDined on 10/22/2014Waiter was ok. But the reservation said please do something for my girls bday (40th ). Nothing was done at all to make her feel like a queen on her night. Not even A Happy 40th!... The lady who sat us stated she would make sure he knew.... He never knew-!!!Special Features:
- Always a good mealFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/22/2014Lucky 32 is a favorite of ours and each time we visit we are pleased with the quality of the food and the moderate price. On this visit I had roast turkey with deviled eggs and a sausage stuffed muffin. My wife had salmon with a sausage stuffed muffin and whipped sweet potatoes. Our meals were excellent as were our sides. They were prepared perfectly. My wife orders salmon on most every visit to a restaurant. Lucky 32 is at the top of her list for salmon prepared as she likes it. The roast turkey tasted as if "grandma" made it. It was moist and the portion generous. We highly recommend Lucky 32.Special Features:
- Wonderful Service - Great ValuepbtamsVIPDined on 10/22/2014Service was wonderful & the quality of food/service compared to the price is a great value. Food came out hot, we actually had to let it cool down before eating. Bread came out warm & our salads were larger than a normal side salad. The cornmeal catfish was cooked perfect - sides were all very good. (mac/cheese, beans/kale, mashed potatoes) My guest had the beef filet, it was full of flavor & didn't need steak sauce. Overall great experience for a nice night out. Not too casual but yet not dressy - Great weeknight dinnerI would recommend this to a friend.
- A Marvelous Dining Experience!MommaLuDined on 10/19/2014This was our first experience at a lucky 32 and we dared to bring a guest for Sunday Brunch! We were impressed from the minute we opened the door. Lovely ambiance and very welcoming. Things just kept getting better. Super service and fantastic food. All three of us were highly impressed! Can't wait to go back and experience lunch and dinner. Will def be one of our favorites.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I ordered new items that we had never had before and we were a little disappointed. The green fried tomatoes were delicious as were our salads. However, the black bean cakes were were very dense and heavy, not what I was expecting. My husbands steak was not very flavorful and he said it tasted pan seared instead of grilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Menu is great including a seasonal menu with all local, fresh ingredients! Great selection of beers and wines too!Special Features:
- Top-Notch!LynnMcDined on 10/17/2014Fantastic food! Superb staff! Awesome atmosphere! Outdoor dining is perfect!Special Features:
- Great southern cuisineShropUSCVIPDined on 10/15/2014Never had a bad thing there. Food is fresh and very tastefulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarianneVIPDined on 10/12/2014We are never disappointed when we go to Lucky 32! It is our go to place when friends are visiting from out of town! Always a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite Cary EateryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Love Lucky 32...it's by far and away my favourite eatery in the Cary area.Special Features:
- Do Order the Fried OystersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014I ordered fried oysters as my main course. The oysters were the size of grapes and fried hard. I was disappointed in the quality of this dish. Otherwise, the food was good.Special Features:
- DisappointedMimiVIPDined on 9/27/2014We ordered the beef stew and the grit and shrimp plates. Both dishes were tasteless and cold. I just scratched Lucky 32 from my list. Too many other choices in Cary to go back to this place again.
- A favorite spot for any occasionCarolVIPDined on 9/27/2014Always a pleasant dining experience at Lucky 32. We love the interesting menu and seasonal specialties. Service is always top-notch at both locations. Love the food and the vibe at Lucky's!Special Features:
- Shrimp cakes were.....Kpw001VIPDined on 9/24/2014The shrimp cakes were yummy. Hope they keep them on next season's special menu!Special Features:
- A great neighborhood gemSirenaVIPDined on 9/22/2014This restaurant was one of the 1st restaurants we ate at when we moved to NC & that was over 10 years ago. Food is consistently good. Good bar area. Staff is attentive and friendly. Great salads and comfort food when you need some comfort.Special Features:
- Great serviceCartezCeenaDined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed the catfish and shrimp/grits. Collards wasn't cleaned well. Had a lil grit on em but everything else was very flavorful and delightfulSpecial Features:
- Lucky 32 great foodkmc2020Dined on 9/20/2014Really enjoyed the food and service. Definitely will go back. Food was very fresh and liked the menu.Special Features:
- LIVED UP TO ITS BILLING!lmnopsDined on 9/20/2014We found Lucky 32 on Yelp when we had to meet a friend in Cary. The menu on the website looked great and we were not disappointed. It was even better than expected. We were seated outside on a beautiful day. The food was excellent, the server very attentive and the location ideal. Whenever we have out of town guests arriving at the airport, the first stop will be Lucky 32.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJOEYTNYCDined on 9/19/2014The food and service was outstanding.I used to be a chef in New York and was very impressed.The wait staff was very helpful and food was cooked perefectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!KahteedDined on 9/18/2014Another wonderful meal at Lucky 32! Thanks for the fabulous service and fantastic food! Lucky 32 is our go to place for a quality meal and good time!Special Features:
- Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - CaryNCFoodPatron22Dined on 9/13/2014Not a fan of northern rubber green beans and for a restaurant labeling themselves "southern" kitchen - it was not. Collards were tough. "Gourmet" should be their terminology not Southern. I have had quail before and this was badly represented - more of an appetizer - NOT worth the price I paid. Deviled eggs tasted like the already made in the grocer's section version. This restaurant should stick to burgers. First time the four of us visited and would not return. But for someone not looking for a place specializing in southern cuisine, it would be a nice contemporary restaurant.Special Features: